Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,857 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:45 AM

Twitter Ban: Lai Mohammed Returns To Nigeria After Fruitless US Trip - SR - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Twitter Ban: Lai Mohammed Returns To Nigeria After Fruitless US Trip - SR (28887 Views)

Twitter Ban: Lai Mohammed Needs To Have His Brain Examined – Bode George / COVID-19: FG May Impose A Travel Ban - Lai Mohammed / Governor Bala Mohammed Returns To Bauchi In Style After Supreme Court Victory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Twitter Ban: Lai Mohammed Returns To Nigeria After Fruitless US Trip - SR by seunmsg(m): 11:23am On Aug 23, 2021
effort1:

Seunmsg is a yoruba Muslim. There is nothjfb like right in Islam. So, he isn't the man for speaking for what's right.

As far as he is concerned, preserving religion dominance of Nigeria politics is more important than honor, dignity or morals

You don’t even need to follow my handle to know that I’m not a religious person not to talk of being a Muslim. How you guys post rubbish confidently on this platform and think you are making sense needs to be researched. Crass idiocy everywhere. Sigh!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Twitter Ban: Lai Mohammed Returns To Nigeria After Fruitless US Trip - SR by chikason22(m): 11:25am On Aug 23, 2021
Nonpartisan1:

That is what you, vulturebbgrills do Everytime. Bunch of cowards who can't withstand the rubbish they post everywhere on this forum. You and all the BMC and terrorists sympathizers are all
F**LS

L*SERS.

Re: Twitter Ban: Lai Mohammed Returns To Nigeria After Fruitless US Trip - SR by Kirkman: 11:35am On Aug 23, 2021
Racoon:
So after all the media hype by the legendary liar called Lai Mohammed, twitter no send for am.Of course twitter Jack have kept a conspiratorial silence since this issue became a public discourse.

When the zombies on this platform are being educated on what the stupidity of this government is costing this nation, they claim to be sophisticated.Now see the economic lost it suffered?

Twitter may not have office paying taxes in Nigeria but this lost on this telecommunication providers side is one to many given the cash crunch the govt is subjecting the country to.

I am.glad they even took their planned office to Ghana. This useless Nigerian Government will just frustrate them.
Re: Twitter Ban: Lai Mohammed Returns To Nigeria After Fruitless US Trip - SR by TemmyT002(m): 11:37am On Aug 23, 2021
Both of them just went on vacation.
E ma flenjor
Re: Twitter Ban: Lai Mohammed Returns To Nigeria After Fruitless US Trip - SR by effort1: 11:49am On Aug 23, 2021
seunmsg:

You don’t even need to follow my handle to know that I’m not a religious person not to talk of being a Muslim. How you guys post rubbish confidently on this platform and think you are making sense needs to be researched. Crass idiocy everywhere. Sigh!

Then you are an intentionally blind person. Either way, you are lost.
Re: Twitter Ban: Lai Mohammed Returns To Nigeria After Fruitless US Trip - SR by KingOfAmebo(m): 11:56am On Aug 23, 2021
etokhana:
BUSTED: Buhari's Minister, Lai Mohammed Returns To Nigeria After Fruitless US Trip, Shunned By Twitter Executives, American Media - SaharaReporters

http://saharareporters.com/2021/08/23/busted-buharis-minister-lai-mohammed-returns-nigeria-after-fruitless-us-trip-shunned

See what Sharia Reporters sorry Sahara Reporters have reduced themselves to:

[i] "However, a top source disclosed to SaharaReporters that the trip was a futile one for the minister as he could not meet with Twitter executives and was also shunned by American media".[/I]

"No be only top source na top egusi, Is it twitter that ban Nigeria or it's Nigeria that banned twitter that he should now travel all the way to US to beg them to unban Nigeria? Does it even make any sense to the mumu journalist working for this glorified mumu blog called Sharia Reporters sorry Sahara Reporters". - Village People spokesperson.
Re: Twitter Ban: Lai Mohammed Returns To Nigeria After Fruitless US Trip - SR by Yisan896: 12:05pm On Aug 23, 2021
see below

Re: Twitter Ban: Lai Mohammed Returns To Nigeria After Fruitless US Trip - SR by Powerexpert: 12:22pm On Aug 23, 2021
LordReed:

FG banned 1st class trips for ministers and other chief executives. Meanwhile how come the PA is also in 1st class?
But oga at the top say im go do lots of banning wey no follow. Person carry u put for briefcase enter first class you still dey open textbook find protocol. You no know say protocol dey on leave.

Please play: Allow me enjoy myself tekno (enjoy)
Re: Twitter Ban: Lai Mohammed Returns To Nigeria After Fruitless US Trip - SR by PenpalOso: 12:24pm On Aug 23, 2021
Lie-ing minister after Jack refused to give him admin password.
Senile old goat think say Twitter na Nairaland grin

Re: Twitter Ban: Lai Mohammed Returns To Nigeria After Fruitless US Trip - SR by namelesss: 12:27pm On Aug 23, 2021
I don’t know what to rake out of this news…
Re: Twitter Ban: Lai Mohammed Returns To Nigeria After Fruitless US Trip - SR by SocialJustice: 12:28pm On Aug 23, 2021
Vpn dey sweet sha.
Re: Twitter Ban: Lai Mohammed Returns To Nigeria After Fruitless US Trip - SR by marod(m): 12:40pm On Aug 23, 2021
Re: Twitter Ban: Lai Mohammed Returns To Nigeria After Fruitless US Trip - SR by marod(m): 12:42pm On Aug 23, 2021
Lai: I’ve no mission with Twitter in US
August 18, 2021
Print

Lai Mohammed

The Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, says the online media report that he “sneaked out of Nigeria to meet with Twitter executive’’ in the U.S. is fake.

In an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Washington on Wednesday, the minister said his official visit to the U.S. has nothing to do with the microblogging and social networking platform.

Mohammed said he was in the U.S. to meet with international media organisations and think tanks on the achievements of President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration and efforts made so far in tackling insurgency, banditry and all forms of criminality.

He said the online report was an example of the danger fake news and unregulated social media portend for the country.

Also Read: Deflooding: Lagos begins construction of drainage channels, seeks stakeholders’ support
“Can a minister sneak out of Nigeria without people knowing?

“When you say I sneaked out of Nigeria, are you saying I went to board at a terminal where nobody is or I travel to the Republic of Benin to fly out of the country?

“I was at an international airport, where I presented myself openly and I was checked in at the counter like every other traveller of the airline.

“I boarded and passed through the checks by the Immigration Service and Customs.

“How can you come and say I sneaked out of the country?’’.

The minister who had so far engaged with the BBC Radio and TV, Bloomberg and Polico during his visit to Washington DC, said he had no mission with Twitter on his trip.

“You and I have been here, have I met with any Twitter official­?

“When you talk about fake news and its danger, we need to take it seriously and I am happy that the entire world has now seen what we saw more than two years ago.

“I can assure you that we will not rest until we regulate the social media, otherwise, nobody will survive it,’’ he said.

The minister reiterated the position that the Federal Government suspended Twitter operations in the country not because it deleted the tweet by the President as being propagated in some section of the media.

He said the operation of the microblogging medium was suspended because of its persistent use of its platform for activities that were capable of undermining Nigeria’s corporate existence.

He also underscored the need for the organisation to register as a business entity and obtain a licence from the National Broadcasting Commission to carry out its activities.

Mohammed said the engagement between Twitter and the Federal Government on how to resolve the issue of the ban had reached an advanced stage.

Specifically, he said the end for the amicable settlement of the ban was in sight.
Re: Twitter Ban: Lai Mohammed Returns To Nigeria After Fruitless US Trip - SR by LordReed(m): 12:52pm On Aug 23, 2021
Powerexpert:

But oga at the top say im go do lots of banning wey no follow. Person carry u put for briefcase enter first class you still dey open textbook find protocol. You no know say protocol dey on leave.

Please play: Allow me enjoy myself tekno (enjoy)

grin grin grin
Re: Twitter Ban: Lai Mohammed Returns To Nigeria After Fruitless US Trip - SR by Segzy19: 1:30pm On Aug 23, 2021
So the mumu minister's full name is even Raufulai, not Olayiwola...

Adagbajeraufu.... grin grin grin

Old mumu! I guess him no like the raufu part abi...
Mr Raufu
Re: Twitter Ban: Lai Mohammed Returns To Nigeria After Fruitless US Trip - SR by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 2:46pm On Aug 23, 2021
Okoroawusa:
Sowore is mad

Real madness
Re: Twitter Ban: Lai Mohammed Returns To Nigeria After Fruitless US Trip - SR by emmadothings(m): 4:57pm On Aug 23, 2021
SporaD8:

This is unacceptable! The pictures attached and quoted info ain't necessary!
These are not informations for public consumption. Sahara report message can still be passed without the release of these sensitive info please!
that's why they are fake!!!
How did such confidential information gets to the public... stupid hoax for stupid people... not that I like Lai Mohamed
Re: Twitter Ban: Lai Mohammed Returns To Nigeria After Fruitless US Trip - SR by dragunov: 5:03pm On Aug 23, 2021
seunmsg:

I can feed you with the crumbs I earn, not that I will ever give you a kobo of my money. I just want you to know that I can feed you with the 30k I earn monthly. I never promise to give your poverty ridden soul a single kobo. I hope you now understand?

Which auditor earns 30k?
Re: Twitter Ban: Lai Mohammed Returns To Nigeria After Fruitless US Trip - SR by dragunov: 5:05pm On Aug 23, 2021
seunmsg:

Even though i can feed you and your family comfortably, I will give my money to reasonable people who are in need as I have done severally on this forum and not to a political lackey like you. So, go and beg your fellow wailers for crumb, I’m not giving you a kobo.

Seunsmg...........sorry msg grin grin grin Slai Mohammed!

Lori iro! Iro po ! Ah! Aiye o!
Re: Twitter Ban: Lai Mohammed Returns To Nigeria After Fruitless US Trip - SR by Newness2019: 5:27pm On Aug 23, 2021
A TOTAL DISPLAY OF IGNORANCE OF HOW THINGS WORKS IN 2021 WORLD WIDE.
Re: Twitter Ban: Lai Mohammed Returns To Nigeria After Fruitless US Trip - SR by macof(m): 6:30pm On Aug 23, 2021
abouzaid:
They went to America to waste our money as usual. Sahara reporters is owned by a Yoruba man who contributed greatly to the enthronement of this APC government. The long going tactics of pitting Yorubas against Igbos in unending internet wars by Hausa Fulani guys working for the Buhari media centre (BMC) is already exposed and no longer working. Southern unity is real .

1 Like

Re: Twitter Ban: Lai Mohammed Returns To Nigeria After Fruitless US Trip - SR by KillingIsFun: 7:26pm On Aug 23, 2021
See as the tin pain am! cheesy

Nonpartisan1:
Mumu headline meant for The brainless IPOB Terrorists!

Sowore is a clown.
Re: Twitter Ban: Lai Mohammed Returns To Nigeria After Fruitless US Trip - SR by Gfskw: 8:32pm On Aug 23, 2021
It will never be fruitful for him
Re: Twitter Ban: Lai Mohammed Returns To Nigeria After Fruitless US Trip - SR by Lovelive: 9:01pm On Aug 23, 2021
Okoroawusa:
Sowore is mad

Ha it pain am wella

Re: Twitter Ban: Lai Mohammed Returns To Nigeria After Fruitless US Trip - SR by NGpatriot: 9:22pm On Aug 23, 2021
What's Twitter got to do with the minister's visit?

The minister went to the US to discuss bilateral issues with US state department officials, but the illiterate clowns at SR came up with their own illiterate and ignorant story.

This is when the already worthless SR can not even keep up with current affairs.

Who told the illiterates that the minister went to the US to fraternize with some clowns at Twitter sef?

If this is sad and pathetic end of SR, they need to close up shop for good.

grin grin grin

Re: Twitter Ban: Lai Mohammed Returns To Nigeria After Fruitless US Trip - SR by NGpatriot: 9:24pm On Aug 23, 2021
Nonpartisan1:

Sowore is a clown.

And the village ipob terrorist illiterates swallow the rubbish as usual..

Sad effects of Hatred and bitterness.

grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter Ban: Lai Mohammed Returns To Nigeria After Fruitless US Trip - SR by PROUDIGBO(m): 9:34pm On Aug 23, 2021
I guess it's a subtle way of Twitter showing a two finger salute to Lai Mohammed, and telling him and his gov't that they couldn't care less about ban or no ban! They've got more important things to worry about!
Re: Twitter Ban: Lai Mohammed Returns To Nigeria After Fruitless US Trip - SR by Buckeyemedia1: 9:57pm On Aug 23, 2021
Faber:
Sadly Twitter don move on

Twitter discovered Nigerians are sharp people and that they have been twitting using VPN...

Na so Twitter lock up
Twitter doesn’t make money when you use vpn, Local advertisers are who make money for twitter, not Peasants like you that just browse & tweet, continue hailing yourself in your oblivious ignorance?
Re: Twitter Ban: Lai Mohammed Returns To Nigeria After Fruitless US Trip - SR by efigreat: 12:30am On Aug 24, 2021
etokhana:
BUSTED: Buhari's Minister, Lai Mohammed Returns To Nigeria After Fruitless US Trip, Shunned By Twitter Executives, American Media - SaharaReporters

http://saharareporters.com/2021/08/23/busted-buharis-minister-lai-mohammed-returns-nigeria-after-fruitless-us-trip-shunned
good to see that our Lai's autocratic, dictorship. poor human rights ranking is not at par with the set up of the Americans or Jack.

we lie and cover up things. we dont understand that internet aids our democrscy and freedom of expression.

sorry for Lai.
Re: Twitter Ban: Lai Mohammed Returns To Nigeria After Fruitless US Trip - SR by Faber(m): 6:46am On Aug 24, 2021
Buckeyemedia1:
Twitter doesn’t make money when you use vpn, Local advertisers are who make money for twitter, not Peasants like you that just browse & tweet, continue hailing yourself in your oblivious ignorance?

Ur mumu na the highest I have seen here on this platform. When you use VPN Twitter still rakes in there money. No be data u dey burn so? When you watch videos same time happens. Now the only difference is that your local problems like #EndSars, #RevolutionNow, #FreeNnamdiKanu...will be trending in another country.

Ur mumu suppose don do by now. Local tout
Re: Twitter Ban: Lai Mohammed Returns To Nigeria After Fruitless US Trip - SR by ezelous: 10:57pm On Aug 24, 2021
Nonpartisan1:

Sowore is a clown.
While you be Buzu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

MIURIC Demands Shari’ah Courts In South West & Edo - Ishaq Akintola / Buhari Cuts 75th Birthday Cakes With Family And Governors (Video) / Kwara: Abdulrazaq Locks Out Workers For Late Coming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.