Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,464 members, 7,812,415 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:03 PM

Pogba Set A Premier League Record During Man United’s Clash With Southampton - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Pogba Set A Premier League Record During Man United’s Clash With Southampton (1386 Views)

Kelechi Iheanacho Has Set A New Record In Thr English FA Cup (Pic) / Ranking Every Nigerian Who Scored A Premier League Hat-trick / Pogba Set To Be Benched For Man Utd's Premier League Return Against Tottenham (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pogba Set A Premier League Record During Man United’s Clash With Southampton by obembet(f): 8:22am On Aug 23, 2021
Man United vs Southampton

Manchester United and Southampton would face off at St Mary’s on Sunday afternoon.

The Red Devils went into the game looking to continue their fine start to the season after smashing Leeds United last time out.

However, things did not get off to a great start for United on the south coast. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side looked fairly disjointed in the opening 45, with Fred, in particular, having a poor game.

And it would be Fred who helped Southampton open the scoring, deflecting Che Adams’ effort past David de Gea:

The second 45, however, was much better from a Man United perspective.

United dominated proceedings with Paul Pogba and Bruno Fernandes looking especially threatening.

The away side’s dominance in the second half was rewarded after 55 minutes, when Paul Pogba poked the ball into the path of Mason Greenwood who drew the score level:

Paul Pogba sets Premier League record
On the back of Greenwood’s strike, it has been revealed that Paul Pogba has now set a Premier League record.

As per Opta, Pogba – who assisted four for Man United vs Leeds last week – is the first player in Premier League history to register five assists after his team’s first two games of a single season:

5 players Man United should target to join Paul Pogba & Bruno Fernandes in midfield

Source: https://twitter.com/ChampionsLeague/status/1429728088460513285?s=19

Lalasticlala
Seun
mynd44

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pogba Set A Premier League Record During Man United’s Clash With Southampton by obembet(f): 8:48am On Aug 23, 2021
fajayin:
Man like Pogba ... Unfortunately the team you find yourself can't do better than they already are

Ole is Man United problem not the players... why changing the winning team, why starting Matic that will slow down your possession, when will this man receive sense... with this act of his, he will never win a trophy, the team will only be trying... nonsense Coach

Lalasticlala

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pogba Set A Premier League Record During Man United’s Clash With Southampton by paulolee(m): 8:53am On Aug 23, 2021
man on form....I always knew dt this pogba is a boy of class...he was the best player yesterday all tru d game..
greenwood was superb BT he CNT keep scoring in all games, Fernandez had an average game n was at fault for dt goal..
man.u looked relaxed in the last 10 mins n seems to settle for a draw instead of going for the kill because Southampton got too tired..
DTS the main advantage dt city gat ahead of other big guns wen playing dis average teams....
city knows how to kill such sturbon games late because pep would pour all attack against dm knowing dt they would get tired due to high pressing n defending from such teams
they end up winning n atimes dey concede late goals due to all men attacking n i tink its better than relaxing to settle for draw...pep hardly do dt

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pogba Set A Premier League Record During Man United’s Clash With Southampton by paulolee(m): 8:54am On Aug 23, 2021
obembet:

Ole is Man United problem not the players... why changing the winning team, why starting Matic that will slow down your possession, when will this man receive sense... with this act of his, he will never win a trophy, the team will only be trying... nonsense Coach

Lalasticlala
you know nothing....I also criticized dt line up because the game burst my ticket n united looked too poor..
BT ole knows about sticking with a winning team, its his job and he would face d sack, not the shallow minded fans..
Chelsea started a vibrant kante on d bench n nobody is talking about it because they won, assuming Chelsea lost, dt would b the key words from critics..

1 Like

Re: Pogba Set A Premier League Record During Man United’s Clash With Southampton by yanabasee2: 9:03am On Aug 23, 2021
Ok...
Re: Pogba Set A Premier League Record During Man United’s Clash With Southampton by Joebayo217: 9:47am On Aug 23, 2021
obembet:

Lalasticlala
exactly ole is the problem he should be sacked if he cannot win any trophy this season

2 Likes

Re: Pogba Set A Premier League Record During Man United’s Clash With Southampton by obembet(f): 11:17am On Aug 23, 2021
Lalasticlala
Re: Pogba Set A Premier League Record During Man United’s Clash With Southampton by Fuckthamods: 11:22am On Aug 23, 2021
This guy and ozil are better fooballers in terms of assisting compared to that one that ran to farmer's league and claimed challenge.
Pogba is a very cool footballer, heck i keep loving him day by day.

1 Like

Re: Pogba Set A Premier League Record During Man United’s Clash With Southampton by Chloraseptic: 12:13pm On Aug 23, 2021
All title pretenders should signify by raising their hands..

Mau UTD : present sir

1 Share

Re: Pogba Set A Premier League Record During Man United’s Clash With Southampton by paulolee(m): 5:52pm On Aug 23, 2021
Chloraseptic:
All title pretenders should signify by raising their hands..

Mau UTD : present sir
arsenal- just left d class
Re: Pogba Set A Premier League Record During Man United’s Clash With Southampton by paulolee(m): 5:55pm On Aug 23, 2021
Fuckthamods:
This guy and ozil are better fooballers in terms of assisting compared to that one that ran to farmer's league and claimed challenge.
even d pogba n ozil self kno say DM no reach wr messi level dey do football..
its one thing in giving assist and another thing to give assist n also score goals..
incases u don't know, its only Leo n henry dt av finished a league season topping d goal n assist chat...it aint penalty stats bro

1 Like

Re: Pogba Set A Premier League Record During Man United’s Clash With Southampton by Fuckthamods: 6:17pm On Aug 23, 2021
paulolee:

its one thing in giving assist and another thing to give assist n also score goals..
incases u don't know, its only Leo n henry dt av finished a league season topping d goal n assist chat...it aint penalty stats bro
Story, you must be living in ozil and pogba head to know what they know.
Messi got nothing on Ozil when it comes to assists, he was just unlucky not to have a stable career. And tell me why won't you pessi fans make noise about assists when pessi played with 5 of top 10 highest goalscorers ever while Ronaldo played with none but still has highest assists in the prestigious Champions League.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pogba Set A Premier League Record During Man United’s Clash With Southampton by paulolee(m): 6:27pm On Aug 23, 2021
Fuckthamods:

Story, you must be living in ozil and pogba head to know what they know.
Messi got nothing on Ozil when it comes to assists, he was just unlucky not to have a stable career. And tell me why won't you pessi fans make noise about assists when pessi played with 5 of top 10 highest goalscorers ever while Ronaldo played with none but still has highest assists in the prestigious Champions League.
see excuse...because na messi buy the 5 of the top highest goal scorer to play with abi??
I no get time for ur aguements bcoz both if u add both total goals n assist, u would see dt ur cr7 gat nothing on messi even if we all know dt cr7 started 2 years earlier before messi n had more games than Leo.
Leo gat more trophies than cr7, more awards than him n leo about winning his 7th ballon d or while ur cr7 is still on 5th even with more games than Leo..
mention me wen cr7 wins it again if he would ever near it...
Re: Pogba Set A Premier League Record During Man United’s Clash With Southampton by Fuckthamods: 6:49pm On Aug 23, 2021
paulolee:

see excuse...because na messi buy the 5 of the top highest goal scorer to play with abi??
I no get time for ur aguements bcoz both if u add both total goals n assist, u would see dt ur cr7 gat nothing on messi even if we all know dt cr7 started 2 years earlier before messi n had more games than Leo.
Leo gat more trophies than cr7, more awards than him n leo about winning his 7th ballon d or while ur cr7 is still on 5th even with more games than Leo..
mention me wen cr7 wins it again if he would ever near it...
Bla bla bla... Keep adding goal and assist, add corner too. I've given you the reason why messi has assists which isn't even really a thing in football cos goals is the king and no one gives a fvck about how many years someone has played, rooney is retired and ibrahimovic is still playing.
Typical pessi fan running behind 7th balon dor talks as usual.. The award is now boring and it doesn't determine anything, Henry, xavi & iniesta don't have but modric has.. we don't take that journalist award seriously and Messi should put his player of the century award on the table let's see.
Well, you don't have time to argue like you stated, so i expect no further reply from you.

1 Like

Re: Pogba Set A Premier League Record During Man United’s Clash With Southampton by paulolee(m): 7:48pm On Aug 23, 2021
Fuckthamods:

Bla bla bla... Keep adding goal and assist, add corner too. I've given you the reason why messi has assists which isn't even really a thing in football cos goals is the king and no one gives a fvck about how many years someone has played, rooney is retired and ibrahimovic is still playing.
Typical pessi fan running behind 7th balon dor talks as usual.. The award is now boring and it doesn't determine anything, Henry, xavi & iniesta don't have but modric has.. we don't take that journalist award seriously and Messi should put his player of the century award on the table let's see.
Well, you don't have time to argue like you stated, so i expect no further reply from you.
lolz...the award is now boring n u dnt take journalist award serous but you were happy after cr7 won 5 n caught up with Leo..
how you jus realize dt the 5th would be his last n u calling it a mere award,
d same you would be happy weneve he wins player of the year dts always given to him in Dubai o
forget d individual awards....ur cr7 started football before Leo but Leo still have more trophies won both in club n country....how about dt?
or u want to down talk d numerous trophies he had won too??
CNT force Leo on you because we all have our preferences.....jus appreciate a legend wen u see one.
and pls the ballon d or award isn't a mere award simply because ur man CNT win it because cr7 would be very happy to be part of the nominees and he knows more than you
Re: Pogba Set A Premier League Record During Man United’s Clash With Southampton by Fuckthamods: 8:17pm On Aug 23, 2021
paulolee:

lolz...the award is now boring n u dnt take journalist award serous but you were happy after cr7 won 5 n caught up with Leo..
how you jus realize dt the 5th would be his last n u calling it a mere award,
d same you would be happy weneve he wins player of the year dts always given to him in Dubai o
forget d individual awards....ur cr7 started football before Leo but Leo still have more trophies won both in club n country....how about dt?
or u want to down talk d numerous trophies he had won too??
CNT force Leo on you because we all have our preferences.....jus appreciate a legend wen u see one.
and pls the ballon d or award isn't a mere award simply because ur man CNT win it because cr7 would be very happy to be part of the nominees and he knows more than you
Talking about appreciation like you got any for CR7... You're not here to argue but here you are arguing, you see you're funny. You can rubbish CR7 prestigious award by calling it dubai whatever but the fact remains great players also won the award, lewandowski won it last year, falcao, ribery and even messi was awarded in previous years, have some dignity at least.
When it comes to trophy I'd gladly pick quality over quantity that has just a difference of 2.

1 Like

Re: Pogba Set A Premier League Record During Man United’s Clash With Southampton by paulolee(m): 8:30pm On Aug 23, 2021
Fuckthamods:

Talking about appreciation like you got any for CR7... You're not here to argue but here you are arguing, you see you're funny. You can rubbish CR7 prestigious award by calling it dubai whatever but the fact remains great players also won the award, lewandowski won it last year, falcao, ribery and even messi was awarded in previous years, have some dignity at least.
When it comes to trophy I'd gladly pick quality over quantity that has just a difference of 2.
quality over quantity?? u jus de shoot urself for leg...wich of those awards get quality reach d prestigious ballon d or??
u win 10 Dubai award no even reach who win 3 EPL best player of the year n na ballon d or u wan take compare am?
guy even if ur cr7 win 20 Dubai player of the year, na Dubai dt award stop n Dubai isnt Europe were football lives..
one ballon d or na just like pounds compare to ur 550 Dubai player of the year.....wetin b dt new n cheap award wey u de use compare ballon d or wey start since decades back? no let.me vex with this ur baby talk oo
Re: Pogba Set A Premier League Record During Man United’s Clash With Southampton by Fuckthamods: 9:22pm On Aug 23, 2021
paulolee:

quality over quantity?? u jus de shoot urself for leg...wich of those awards get quality reach d prestigious ballon d or??
u win 10 Dubai award no even reach who win 3 EPL best player of the year n na ballon d or u wan take compare am?
guy even if ur cr7 win 20 Dubai player of the year, na Dubai dt award stop n Dubai isnt Europe were football lives..
one ballon d or na just like pounds compare to ur 550 Dubai player of the year.....wetin b dt new n cheap award wey u de use compare ballon d or wey start since decades back? no let.me vex with this ur baby talk oo
Very typical messi fan.. I present facts to you but you keep mentioning to twist things to suit you & I'm sure you won't give it a rest.. You even sound like you're probably crying already. You rubbish globe soccer awards but keep hyping balon dor cause messi has more, despite the fact I've given you the reasons why the award don't means the player is better than others.
Remember player of the century is different from the basic yearly balon dor and globe soccer award, it's far bigger.

1 Like

Re: Pogba Set A Premier League Record During Man United’s Clash With Southampton by MaxiB1242: 1:02am On Aug 24, 2021
Abeg make we all nor dey deceive our self... Messi is better than Ronaldo... That's the fact .
Period... See as the world of football dey shake as he join PSG... Messi na BABA Abegi...

1 Like

Re: Pogba Set A Premier League Record During Man United’s Clash With Southampton by maxwell530(m): 2:55am On Aug 24, 2021
Did I just see someone pick Ozil and Pogba ahead of Messi?

No be madness be dis?

1 Like

Re: Pogba Set A Premier League Record During Man United’s Clash With Southampton by maxwell530(m): 2:59am On Aug 24, 2021
Fuckthamods:
Ozil and Messi?
Are you that sentimental?
No player dead or living has the number of career assists as Messi.

1 Like

Re: Pogba Set A Premier League Record During Man United’s Clash With Southampton by Fuckthamods: 10:10am On Aug 24, 2021
maxwell530:
Ozil and Messi?
Are you that sentimental?
No player dead or living has the number of career assists as Messi.
That's cause Messi always played in a well established team with top strikers
Re: Pogba Set A Premier League Record During Man United’s Clash With Southampton by maxwell530(m): 11:22am On Aug 24, 2021
Fuckthamods:

That's cause Messi always played in a well established team with top strikers
this is just the lie you tell yourself
Ronaldo has played with top strikers too,Wayne Rooney and Karim Benzema aren't pushover attackers while playing alongside Ronaldo.

Forget story, there's no way Mesut Ozil is a better creator than Lionel Messi. Ozil couldn't even make top 5 in all time assist maker.guess what? Lionel Messi top that list with almost 100 assists.

I repeat,no player dead or alive have more career assists than Lionel Messi

1 Like

Re: Pogba Set A Premier League Record During Man United’s Clash With Southampton by Fuckthamods: 2:17pm On Aug 24, 2021
maxwell530:
this is just the lie you tell yourself
Ronaldo has played with top strikers too,Wayne Rooney and Karim Benzema aren't pushover attackers while playing alongside Ronaldo.

Forget story, there's no way Mesut Ozil is a better creator than Lionel Messi. Ozil couldn't even make top 5 in all time assist maker.guess what? Lionel Messi top that list with almost 100 assists.

I repeat,no player dead or alive have more career assists than Lionel Messi
I thought we were talking about messi and ozil, what does Ronaldo suddenly have to do with it? Wayne rooney and benzema aren't even in top 10 goalscorers posted above, while Messi played with 5 players in the list.

I repeat, ozil is a better assister than Messi. Compare the ratio and get back to me.

1 Like

Re: Pogba Set A Premier League Record During Man United’s Clash With Southampton by maxwell530(m): 2:20pm On Aug 24, 2021
Fuckthamods:

I thought we were talking about messi and ozil, what does Ronaldo suddenly have to do with it? Wayne rooney and benzema aren't even in top 10 goalscorers posted above, while Messi played with 5 players in the list.

I repeat, ozil is a better assister than Messi. Compare the ratio and get back to me.
Okay I hear you
Ozil is a better assister than Messi
Re: Pogba Set A Premier League Record During Man United’s Clash With Southampton by 2dominate: 4:29pm On Aug 24, 2021
paulolee:

Harry kane did that last season also.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pogba Set A Premier League Record During Man United’s Clash With Southampton by iszyboy(m): 11:15pm On Aug 24, 2021
paulolee:

What about Harry Kane?

(1) (Reply)

No Official Website For Fifa U-17 World Cup Nigeria 2009: What A Shame! / FIFA Women's WC Final Nigeria Vs Germany- 12 am Monday Aug 25 / Joerx Sports Home Of Gym And Fitness Equipment Coaching Pad, Cricket Pad, Chess

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.