Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:04 AM

The Struggling #nairalife Of A Widow Who’s Raising Four Kids - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Struggling #nairalife Of A Widow Who’s Raising Four Kids (14359 Views)

The Nairalife Of A Family Man Who’s Content At ₦1.3m/month / Widow Who Rides Keke, Becomes A Successful Entrepreneur, Inspires Nigerians / Widow Who Rides A Keke Napep For A Living Shares Her Emotional Story (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Struggling #nairalife Of A Widow Who’s Raising Four Kids by BRATISLAVA: 8:24pm On Aug 23, 2021
DoggoneDogg:

I only have a heart for the kids. The widow can go to hell cuz she is the heartless one here.

Widows and the fatherless. Not one or the other. Both.

1 Like

Re: The Struggling #nairalife Of A Widow Who’s Raising Four Kids by Habib101: 9:05pm On Aug 23, 2021
Nigerian mentality, 4 children and 40k salary aahh, what kind maths is this, this is a lesson for the fellow singles and the currently married once anyway.
Re: The Struggling #nairalife Of A Widow Who’s Raising Four Kids by Habib101: 9:06pm On Aug 23, 2021
Kobicove:
Four kids in this harsh economy without a good source of income is almost like embarking on a suicide mission undecided
grin NA SO
Re: The Struggling #nairalife Of A Widow Who’s Raising Four Kids by Bunmhi(f): 9:12pm On Aug 23, 2021
So sorry to hear
Re: The Struggling #nairalife Of A Widow Who’s Raising Four Kids by trevorhorace(m): 9:26pm On Aug 23, 2021
Humanoid01:

I don't know where in this country, with the current situation of things economically, a salary of that amount would be considered enough for a family of five. The kids' school fees are there to pay, feeding, home bills and other miscellaneous expenses are there to cover.

Those factors are too important to consider before deciding to have not 1, 2, 3 but 4 kids. I am not saying they are wicked for doing that, they just didn't make the right plan. This is not a case of their plan hatching up exactly the way they wanted, it is about making the right plan for the future.

While she can come out of this alive with her kids later on getting good lives, it is still not advisable to reproduce in large number without considering your financial status. This is one of the reasons child abuse is prevalent today.

I don't think you read to comprehend. 48k per month in 2007, when naira dollar rate was still okay, was a sizeable amount. So they were quite comfortable and could afford 4 kids if they wanted. They don't pay rent or bills and didn't have much budget. The kids didn't come at once and what would a 16 yr old mother know about family planning then?. Then he got promoted and started earning 60k and life was going smoothly and would have continued that way before the sad fate. The major problem I see here is the diversion of funds to her husband's family because if that was in place there would have been no issue. The man didn't put his home in order before his demise and not because he had 4 kids.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Struggling #nairalife Of A Widow Who’s Raising Four Kids by caandi: 9:49pm On Aug 23, 2021
I sympathize with the woman, but the truth of the matter is No be to born an be issue, Na to train am be Koko. That’s where education and being exposed comes to play, I can’t make such mistakes by Gods Grace giving birth to many children in this kain economic crisis. Even rich and affluent men don’t give birth to many talk more of a poor man. I pray God gives you the strength and money to train your children and they will be useful to you and shame your relatives

1 Like

Re: The Struggling #nairalife Of A Widow Who’s Raising Four Kids by BRATISLAVA: 10:42pm On Aug 23, 2021
Humanoid01:

I don't know where in this country, with the current situation of things economically, a salary of that amount would be considered enough for a family of five. The kids' school fees are there to pay, feeding, home bills and other miscellaneous expenses are there to cover.

Those factors are too important to consider before deciding to have not 1, 2, 3 but 4 kids. I am not saying they are wicked for doing that, they just didn't make the right plan. This is not a case of their plan hatching up exactly the way they wanted, it is about making the right plan for the future.

While she can come out of this alive with her kids later on getting good lives, it is still not advisable to reproduce in large number without considering your financial status. This is one of the reasons child abuse is prevalent today.

That's why I said, what if their plan was to work with what they had and grow it, and unfortunately her husband died while it was in the pipeline? Not everyone who is married was made before they got married and had children. Different people have different timelines in life for such things. That's the reality for people. We need to learn to put ourselves in their shoes and forget what we think is right and normal.

That salary is enough for certain people in different parts of the country. She never said she lives in a high brow area and eats catfish everyday, and sends her children to the most expensive schools. For her family, his salary was manageable, they were able to get along. They wouldn't be the first people to be surviving on such a salary in present day Nigeria. Forget about your living expenses as a yardstick. People have different lives.

There is no amount of planning that will change a misfortune that can happen in a day when it wants to happen. Even 20 years of well laid plans can be brought to ruin by one event in just one afternoon.

There are people who planned their lives, had only 2 kids, sent their kids to the best schools, and today they are running around like they never knew better. Planning isn't bad, but it is not the alpha and Omega of how things play out.

Whether they have 6 or 10 children is inconsequential. Disaster can change that in at a moment. It seems that's what happened to her.

Even a person who lives under the bridge has plans for their life. But others who aren't in that position will feel they are stupid and lazy. There's more to life than that. This thread shows there are a lot of inexperienced young people who think they know and are wise.

Time will tell.

2 Likes

Re: The Struggling #nairalife Of A Widow Who’s Raising Four Kids by BRATISLAVA: 10:45pm On Aug 23, 2021
trevorhorace:

I don't think you read to comprehend. 48k per month in 2007, when naira dollar rate was still okay, was a sizeable amount. So they were quite comfortable and could afford 4 kids if they wanted. They don't pay rent or bills and didn't have much budget. The kids didn't come at once and what would a 16 yr old mother know about family planning then?. Then he got promoted and started earning 60k and life was going smoothly and would have continued that way before the sad fate. The major problem I see here is the diversion of funds to her husband's family because if that was in place there would have been no issue. The man didn't put his home in order before his demise and not because he had 4 kids.

Thank you for your last sentence. That is what most people reading don't understand. It isn't about having many children.

Most of the people commenting probably come from large Nigerian families of more than 2 kids, but it's in vogue to condemn having children nowadays.

1 Like

Re: The Struggling #nairalife Of A Widow Who’s Raising Four Kids by jolitaltd(m): 9:41am On Aug 24, 2021
The future is uncertain for college football, but before they blow up and rebuild this thing we all love, let’s appreciate this upcoming season for what it could be. One of the best ever for elite competition Watch Auburn Alabama football online across the country. Frame it this way 2021 will be the Super Teams of college football vs. the Super Seniors who all decided to return for one more shot at glory, and, if we’re being honest, maybe one first shot at actual cash money for playing collegiate athletics.
Re: The Struggling #nairalife Of A Widow Who’s Raising Four Kids by wman(m): 4:57pm On Aug 30, 2021
Update.

Zikoko and the BigCabal media group raised over 1 million naira for the woman through donations.

Kudos to them.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Poor Remuneration: Mass Exodus Of Officers May Hit Customs / Lawyers' Bench: Court Matters & Ors / 12 Tips To Overcome Laziness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.