Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,984 members, 7,814,349 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:29 AM

Reasons Behind Hike In Price Of Cooking Gas Revealed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reasons Behind Hike In Price Of Cooking Gas Revealed (1027 Views)

Nigerians Cry Out Over High Cost Of Cooking Gas / See The Current Price Of Cooking Gas In Awka , Anambra / Reasons For Hike In Price Of Cooking Gas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons Behind Hike In Price Of Cooking Gas Revealed by AprokoGirl: 6:25pm On Aug 23, 2021
Petroleum Product Retail Outlet Owners Association of Nigeria PETROAN has attributed the hike in the prices of Liquefied Petroleum Gas, LPG also known as cooking gas in Nigeria to the current price in the international market, activities of middle and political factors.

Rivers State Chairman of the PETROAN, Francis Dimkpa in an interview in Port Harcourt on Monday said LPG is traded at the international price in Nigeria, despite the fact that Nigeria produces part of the LPG consumed in the country.

Dimkpa disclosed that some gas plants operators do not have access to LPG from Nigerian Liquefied Natural Gas, NLNG, thereby hiking the prices. Prayer For New Born

In his word “it very painful and difficult to understand how a country like ours that is producing LPG otherwise known as cooking gas is going through such a hike in the price of domestic gas like this”.

“But I think that it is connected with the international price of LPG. I do not know whether it is clear to all of us that LPG in this country is not traded at the domestic price, it is traded at the international price. Most times NLNG carries this product to Lagos before even coming to Port Harcourt”.

“We also import LGP to an extent. The business of LPG is shrouded in a lot of diplomatic and political issues where registered LPG plants do not have, so to say direct access to buy from NLNG. There are a lot of political off-takers in place, making the price of LPG secondary before it gets to the primary consumers.

Dimkpa also called on the government to step in and regularize the price of LPG, adding that retail outlets owners are willing to buy products directly from NLNG.

Source; https://dailypost.ng/2021/08/23/reasons-behind-hike-in-price-of-cooking-gas-revealed/

cc; lalasticlala

Re: Reasons Behind Hike In Price Of Cooking Gas Revealed by konshency(m): 6:27pm On Aug 23, 2021
Mad people everywhere.... PlanB is the option....
Re: Reasons Behind Hike In Price Of Cooking Gas Revealed by Northernblood3: 6:33pm On Aug 23, 2021
The price sky rocketed because we live in a country where useless leaders are leading a group of people in which 70 percent of them has mental deficiency due to religion and ethnicity.

A country where some group of criminals can come together and occupy a particular sector, dictating price like gods while the confisedbrain dead president never cares

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Behind Hike In Price Of Cooking Gas Revealed by Fuckyoumod: 6:45pm On Aug 23, 2021
Leave gas for the rich alone and migrate to kerosene or fire wood.

For the past 4 months now I've been using kerosene and I have peace of mind.

To hell with gas!
Re: Reasons Behind Hike In Price Of Cooking Gas Revealed by Treasure17(m): 6:51pm On Aug 23, 2021
Fuckyoumod:
Leave gas for the rich alone and migrate to kerosene or fire wood.

To hell with gas!
Yeah! Kerosene and firewood are accessible but what about the stress?
Re: Reasons Behind Hike In Price Of Cooking Gas Revealed by Mayng01(m): 6:55pm On Aug 23, 2021
Awon oloriburuku
Re: Reasons Behind Hike In Price Of Cooking Gas Revealed by Prince081: 7:00pm On Aug 23, 2021
Clueless people everywhere.
Re: Reasons Behind Hike In Price Of Cooking Gas Revealed by onyegwu(m): 8:09pm On Aug 23, 2021
Fuckyoumod:
Leave gas for the rich alone and migrate to kerosene or firewood.

To hell with gas!
I know some of you came to this world to just suffer without any effort to make life better for yourself. Rather than you addressing the issue, you have already given up. In this time and age, when the workd is talking renewable clean energy you are still in the stone age of fussy fuel because to you that's an easy route. After you say Buhari is archaic.

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Behind Hike In Price Of Cooking Gas Revealed by Afamsi: 9:02pm On Aug 23, 2021
No thanks to the northern round pegs in square holes ruling Nigeria
Re: Reasons Behind Hike In Price Of Cooking Gas Revealed by Fuckyoumod: 9:18am On Aug 24, 2021
onyegwu:
I know some of you came to this world to just suffer without any effort to make life better for yourself. Rather than you addressing the issue, you have already given up. In this time and age, when the workd is talking renewable clean energy you are still in the stone age of fussy fuel because to you that's an easy route. After you say Buhari is archaic.
This clown and mentally docile boy is here typing rubbish, ranting and barking like a whipped dog.
My boy you can go to hell with your useless "effort to make life better for yourself" you can as well go to hell and address yourself
"Rather than you addressing the issue, you have already given up. In this time and age, when the workd is talking renewable clean energy you are still in the stone age of fussy fuel because to you that's an easy route"

Who are you in this country to think you can address the hike in cooking gas? Or you think after typing this nonsense the price of cooking gas would come down?

Mr contemporary man what have you done for a better Nigeria?

Do you even know the power and effects of boycotting cooking gas by Nigerians?
Re: Reasons Behind Hike In Price Of Cooking Gas Revealed by Fuckyoumod: 9:19am On Aug 24, 2021
Treasure17:

Yeah! Kerosene and firewood are accessible but what about the stress?
if you are too lazy to light up a stove guy remain hungry that's my answer!
Re: Reasons Behind Hike In Price Of Cooking Gas Revealed by Treasure17(m): 10:27am On Aug 24, 2021
Oh sorry. I thought I was engaging a rational being.
Fuckyoumod:
if you are too lazy to light up a stove guy remain hungry that's my answer!

(1) (Reply)

What You Probably Didn’t Know About Two Ministers Sacked By Buhari / Suspected ESN Militants Attack Imo School, Stop Students From Writing Exams. / Court Case:Dapo Apara Alleged Tinubu Used Alpha Beta To Launder N300 Billion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.