Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,771 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:13 PM

Reno Omokri: Avoid Your School Alumni Whatsapp Forum If You Are Wealthy - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Reno Omokri: Avoid Your School Alumni Whatsapp Forum If You Are Wealthy (42962 Views)

I See Membership Of Alumni Whatsapp Groups As WASTE Of Time: Am I Wrong? / JAMB: Between The Conservative North & The Chest-Beating South - Reno Omokri / Ijebu-ode Grammar School Alumni To Build N250m ICT Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reno Omokri: Avoid Your School Alumni Whatsapp Forum If You Are Wealthy by guiddoti: 8:59am On Aug 24, 2021
Crazy truth!

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: Avoid Your School Alumni Whatsapp Forum If You Are Wealthy by Truvelisback(m): 8:59am On Aug 24, 2021
He is right. Success has its own disadvantage(s) too but I would be rather be successful, be envied and hated than to be a failure and be pitied.

4 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: Avoid Your School Alumni Whatsapp Forum If You Are Wealthy by adetayoonas(m): 9:00am On Aug 24, 2021
Hugged:
If you are successful and wealthy, avoid your school alumni WhatsApp forum - Reno Omokri

Reno Omokri has advised successful people to avoid their schools' alumni WhatsApp groups.

According to him, this could lead to hate from other classmates who might not be that successful. Expantiating on his advice, Reno wrote;

Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/CS7OT1zFJmT/

Reno is totally on point �.

I haven't seen meaningful ideas discussed.
Reno is right.
One must even be careful to comment on such forum.
They just clog our WhatsApp with various messages.
Jokes inclusive.
And there are some who used it to show their title or wealth.

On has to be very careful on such platforms

2 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: Avoid Your School Alumni Whatsapp Forum If You Are Wealthy by pswglobal(m): 9:02am On Aug 24, 2021
I completely disagree with Reno, God has blessed u to be a blessing to others. It is until u understand dt ur making it, is never ur making, power, intelligence u won't appreciate God.
Do not forget, no condition is permanent; that person dt is down today might be up tomorrow. Pls be good at all time. On a final note 'Do not stop to make people great because of an ingrate'. God bless u all.
Re: Reno Omokri: Avoid Your School Alumni Whatsapp Forum If You Are Wealthy by Holyman3(m): 9:02am On Aug 24, 2021
True
Re: Reno Omokri: Avoid Your School Alumni Whatsapp Forum If You Are Wealthy by patosky3310(m): 9:02am On Aug 24, 2021
KingAttitude:
Akagum ni Reno�

As I just finished reading Reno's words, I had the same thought with you. Only for me to scroll down and see that you have typed what was in my mind.
Re: Reno Omokri: Avoid Your School Alumni Whatsapp Forum If You Are Wealthy by LyfeJennings(m): 9:03am On Aug 24, 2021
Truest of the true

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: Avoid Your School Alumni Whatsapp Forum If You Are Wealthy by KosiGee(m): 9:10am On Aug 24, 2021
Reno is into one of his pseudo-intellectual nonsense again. Omokri is a nuisance, twisted and unwell.

Reno Omokri is proof that not everyone who dress well, has some degree of coherence is mentally ok.
Re: Reno Omokri: Avoid Your School Alumni Whatsapp Forum If You Are Wealthy by seproperties(m): 9:12am On Aug 24, 2021
Truth

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: Avoid Your School Alumni Whatsapp Forum If You Are Wealthy by qtguru(m): 9:13am On Aug 24, 2021
SadiqBabaSani:
Reno got this one aptly, d hatred in Man is beyond comprehension

I experienced it in my group too, those who are not well to do tend to make snide remarks about others. I just left the group.

We had a meet up in person and it quickly turned into us vs them. Disagreement over choice of venue because of difference in financial capacity, and people feeling slighted and bringing up old school beef. Waste of time, better to connect with Ex-colleague than school mates.
Re: Reno Omokri: Avoid Your School Alumni Whatsapp Forum If You Are Wealthy by donalduduh: 9:23am On Aug 24, 2021
Hugged:
If you are successful and wealthy, avoid your school alumni WhatsApp forum - Reno Omokri

Reno Omokri has advised successful people to avoid their schools' alumni WhatsApp groups.

According to him, this could lead to hate from other classmates who might not be that successful. Expantiating on his advice, Reno wrote;

Judging by Reno's opinion on money, wealth and giving, I am 99% certain that the guy is stingy to the core.
I belong to a closely knit high school alumni WhatsApp group with members spread across the globe and doing very well for themselves in their various fields of endeavour. Of course we do have a handful of members who did not school beyond high school some of whom are not as "successful". Yet we relate as a family helping each other out where and when we can. So why generalise a possibility that probably occurs every once in a while.
In the words of Bernard Shaw, to generalize is to be an idiot! Dear Reno, I have too much regard for you to think of you as such.

2 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: Avoid Your School Alumni Whatsapp Forum If You Are Wealthy by ObaKlaz: 9:26am On Aug 24, 2021
DSC7:
Reno don start dey spew his usual gibberish again.....

Meaning if u re Made, avoid ur UnMade friends...
'Unmade' friends WHO NEVER HAD YOUR TIME back then because you weren't 'cool' or good enough for them. This folks feel annoyingly entitled the most. If leaving the class groups & pages would give you some peace, then go ahead. That's Reno's point. I'm not wealthy (yet) but believe me, I can relate & I have my experiences. You'd be surprised how they got your private line, they'll call & try to be pals only because you managed to make something meaningful with your life. One of 'em (Rita) sent me a request on fb 9 years later, followed me on all my SM handles. This same Rita sized me up & never gave a flip about me then. In fact, she wouldn't even let me sign on her finals shirt! Now, she's Liking all my posts. I bet she's gon' slide into my dm soon to ask for favours like the rest. I'm sorry this is long.

6 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: Avoid Your School Alumni Whatsapp Forum If You Are Wealthy by ObaKlaz: 9:28am On Aug 24, 2021
Truvelisback:
He is right. Success has its own disadvantage(s) too but I would be rather be successful, be envied and hated than to be a failure and be pitied.
WORD!

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: Avoid Your School Alumni Whatsapp Forum If You Are Wealthy by BeardedMeat(m): 9:33am On Aug 24, 2021
caesymore:
This man sees only one side of the coin, You know once you make money for this life you go just dey feel say you don arrive come dey dish out advice like woman wey dey sell akara for road.

Early morning blunt says Reno is just biased in this matter penny-pinching Reno grin
Wake and bake Reno needs to change his supplier.

A WhatsApp group where you can decide to lay low for ages is he's yapping about.

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: Avoid Your School Alumni Whatsapp Forum If You Are Wealthy by BeardedMeat(m): 9:36am On Aug 24, 2021
ObaKlaz:
WORD!
What with the colors nau? Some of your readers could be suffering from photosynthetic epilepsy.

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: Avoid Your School Alumni Whatsapp Forum If You Are Wealthy by Amodi470(m): 9:37am On Aug 24, 2021
PerfectlyPerfect:
PDP government was bad, but this APC government has been hellish for Nigeria and Nigerian.
Truth be told, we've lost in all facets but zombies will always support their master because of the crumbs they receive

To stop beating around the bush, Read the contents.
Re: Reno Omokri: Avoid Your School Alumni Whatsapp Forum If You Are Wealthy by Obdk: 9:38am On Aug 24, 2021
This ur opinion is useless abeg
Re: Reno Omokri: Avoid Your School Alumni Whatsapp Forum If You Are Wealthy by ObaKlaz: 9:47am On Aug 24, 2021
BeardedMeat:
What with the colors nau? Some of your readers could be suffering from photosynthetic epilepsy.
My bad... I didn't consider that. Here's another colour! cheesy
Re: Reno Omokri: Avoid Your School Alumni Whatsapp Forum If You Are Wealthy by Primenet(m): 9:50am On Aug 24, 2021
May be true, but not a good advice!

Listen, there's hatred everywhere even in your immediate family it there, in your church, it's there, in your office, hatred is there.

In a nut shell, hatred is everywhere, so tell me, where are going to run to?

Among the bad once they're also good fellows.

Such is life!

Check my signature on a good business proposal that will benefit you. Do it and thank me later.

Re: Reno Omokri: Avoid Your School Alumni Whatsapp Forum If You Are Wealthy by jaxxy(m): 9:53am On Aug 24, 2021
caesymore:
This man sees only one side of the coin, You know once you make money for this life you go just dey feel say you don arrive come dey dish out advice like woman wey dey sell akara for road.

Early morning blunt says Reno is just biased in this matter penny-pinching Reno grin

He’s right bt it not every scenario that plays out that way. Depends on the type of people in the group.

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: Avoid Your School Alumni Whatsapp Forum If You Are Wealthy by Psoul(m): 9:56am On Aug 24, 2021
Hugged:

Nonsense piece of advice. He should also tell them that if you are wealthy, they should not live in the same state with their classmates or better still don't live in the same country wt them to avoid hatred.
Talking too much make people start talking trash wen they feel they are making sense.

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: Avoid Your School Alumni Whatsapp Forum If You Are Wealthy by Nobody: 10:02am On Aug 24, 2021
Most alumni whatsapp groups are not healthy, whether you are rich or poor.

Bad character plenty for everywhere.

3 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: Avoid Your School Alumni Whatsapp Forum If You Are Wealthy by Aarenasbaba(m): 10:03am On Aug 24, 2021
Vinnie2000:

My Brother.
Reno is Correct on dis one!!

Aside Money, pple secretly Hate, envy and Spy on other people's lives thru Whatsapp groups!! sad
You should be careful in revealing Info in such groups!!
You're viewing it from different angles Sha.... I see no reason why people should evenflaunt their wealths on social media.... Nevertheless we just need to be careful

2 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: Avoid Your School Alumni Whatsapp Forum If You Are Wealthy by aribisala0(m): 10:05am On Aug 24, 2021
Logically that should also mean that if you are wealthy and your siblings/ family are not you should avoid them.
Avoid anyone one from your past that is not wealthy is also another inference from that "advice"

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: Avoid Your School Alumni Whatsapp Forum If You Are Wealthy by Angelfrost(m): 10:08am On Aug 24, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:

You are not yet successful or you are still limiting yourself to not see it.

The reason Nigeria is backward is cos wise people always keep silent because foo.lish people want to act like they know too. And to avoid criticism we refuse to set high standards, but allow those low people set them. If any successful person tries to raise the standard, enviness, bitterness and talks of pride always come in.

So, it is why I am telling it to your face that, you might have not attained the stage you should, or you are limiting yourself.

Goodluck!

WRONG!!!... Success is subjective and not fixed. You don't measure people's levels of success by some arbitrary or societal ceiling.

If he believes he has succeeded at the level he is, then that is what it is! Don't confuse success with financial acquisition. Cos, millionaires appear 'unsuccessful' and poor to Billionaires! Hell, some billionaires see certain billionaires as poorer and unsuccessful.

I do agree with the statement in bold... The rest were unnecessary, and even erroneous. PEACE!!!
Re: Reno Omokri: Avoid Your School Alumni Whatsapp Forum If You Are Wealthy by Angelfrost(m): 10:11am On Aug 24, 2021
J2381:
Another stupid comment from Reno. Does he think everybody's WhatsApp Group is like his or what exactly?

Reno really comes off as someone quite arrogant and unteachable, believing the lie that he knows far more than he actually does. Pity!!!

However, he does make sense some times.

2 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: Avoid Your School Alumni Whatsapp Forum If You Are Wealthy by BeardedMeat(m): 10:13am On Aug 24, 2021
ObaKlaz:
My bad... I didn't consider that. Here's another colour! cheesy
smdh..
Re: Reno Omokri: Avoid Your School Alumni Whatsapp Forum If You Are Wealthy by Alohaa: 10:14am On Aug 24, 2021
TheZebra:
True

There’s no truth in what he said shaaa
Re: Reno Omokri: Avoid Your School Alumni Whatsapp Forum If You Are Wealthy by Kobicove(m): 10:16am On Aug 24, 2021
KingAttitude:
Akagum ni Reno�

Abeg forget that thing, what Reno said is very true!

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: Avoid Your School Alumni Whatsapp Forum If You Are Wealthy by DimIsaac10(m): 10:16am On Aug 24, 2021
I always know he was very unwise... Can you even imagine such mentality..
Africa my Africa...
Re: Reno Omokri: Avoid Your School Alumni Whatsapp Forum If You Are Wealthy by ObaKlaz: 10:17am On Aug 24, 2021
BeardedMeat:
smdh..
Your moniker though... grin
Re: Reno Omokri: Avoid Your School Alumni Whatsapp Forum If You Are Wealthy by Angelfrost(m): 10:18am On Aug 24, 2021
Plut01:

They hate you, you will die. They like you, you will still die......What then is the purpose of secluding yourself from such group Rich people be thinking of poor hating them, not knowing their own mindset toward the poor kills easily.

Lol... Well, it's kinda worse with the poor, most of whom see wealthy people as the very root causes of their financial malady.

This two-way street of hatred between social classes springs from a moral decay in society. Maybe, if we didn't worship money so much (confusing it with success), things would be a lot better.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

See The Book Recommended By My Neighbours School For Her 7yr Son / Ogume Grammar School Delta Shuts Down, Female Student Murdered In Cult Clash / Is Anatomy A Good Course To Study????

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.