Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,961 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:58 PM

Gloria Okolie: FENRAD Threatens Legal Action Against IGP Over Illegal Detention - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Gloria Okolie: FENRAD Threatens Legal Action Against IGP Over Illegal Detention (7653 Views)

Governor Sanwo-Olu Meets IGP Over Killing Of Bolanle Raheem / Okada Man Who Broke The Story Of Glory Okolie Is Thrown Into Keffi Prison / Anthony Okolie Gives DSS 24 Hours To Pay ₦10 Million Damages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gloria Okolie: FENRAD Threatens Legal Action Against IGP Over Illegal Detention by Metrix147: 6:15pm On Aug 24, 2021
An Environmental, Human Rights & pro-democracy Advocacy group, Foundation for Environmental Rights Advocacy and Development, FENRAD has threatened to take the Inspector General of Police, Usman Baba to court over the prolonged illegal detention of Gloria Okolie, who was accused of working hand in glove with members of the proscribed want-away IPOB.

FENRAD says the detention which has spanned 69 days is in contravention of extant laws and a violation of the fundamental human rights of Gloria Okolie.

In a statement obtained by ABN TV titled, 'Illegal Detention of Gloria Okolie You Will Hear from us at the Court FENRAD threatened Legal suit Against Inspector General of Police' FENRAD decried the refusal of police authorities to grant family members and legal counsels access to the detained suspect, insisting that it will take all the necessary legal action against the Nigeria Police to ensure the enforcement of Okolie's rights.

The statement signed by Comrade Nelson Nnanna Nwafor, Executive Director FENRAD Nigeria and Barr. Olusegun Bamgbose, Head legal Team partly reads, "Having followed for some time this detention where nobody (including her lawyers) has had access to Gloria, FENRAD will do everything to ensure justice follows including filing a suit against the Nigeria Police over this matter. It beggars belief that Gloria Okolie - whom sources said is being detained on the grounds of being a friend of one of the separatist group's members, for allegedly furnishing the group with information and so on - is being held for intelligence or any investigation. What type of investigation, FENRAD seeks to know, is that in which a person is detained over sixty days!

"There is no legal justification for such illegal detention given the contemplation, interpretation and presumption of all extant laws in Nigeria including her constitution. The question becomes: from where is the police deriving its power to so detain an indigent citizen?

"Many worrisome details - about Gloria being subjected to slavery conditions and torture - are making the rounds, even those from reliable sources and the grapevine. FENRAD is keenly observing and willing to go the extra mile in exploring all legal alternatives to see that justice is done and that if found guilty Gloria Okolie be made to face the law.

"It is totally amateurish, FENRAD says, that in a world where scientific, forensic, and polished investigation has become the order of the day, Nigeria Police still deploys the crudest investigative method.

"The rights - to freedom of movement, association, to a fair hearing and freedom from degrading and illegal torture - of Gloria Okolie, it should be known, are being trampled upon by state agents and actors this long detention given. We will not fold our arms and let this happen to any Nigerian regardless of their station in life.

"Better Gloria Okolie is by a court of the land found guilty than the police being a judge in its own case as is happening now. FENRAD condemns this in its entirety and will stop at nothing in enforcing the rights of Gloria and if same have been violated will seek redress.

"While we keep following through as a rights group, we only wish to expressly tell the IG and the Owerri command where Gloria has been a resident that fourteen (14) days from the release date of this statement, we shall be willing to test the judiciary, the last hope of common and ordinary Nigerians like Gloria Okolie"

https://abntv.com.ng/2021/08/fenrad-threatens-legal-action-against-igp-over-gloria-okolies-illegal-detention/

4 Likes

Re: Gloria Okolie: FENRAD Threatens Legal Action Against IGP Over Illegal Detention by PericomaNwankwo: 1:45am On Aug 25, 2021
They are obviously afraid of the truth. If they are certain of their accusations, then there's no reason to deny her bail or are they afraid to let her speak out?

We will know the truth when she finally speaks out!!!

Mannabubugrills buharipikin shey you dey like this kind thing

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gloria Okolie: FENRAD Threatens Legal Action Against IGP Over Illegal Detention by myike2(m): 5:16am On Aug 25, 2021
Why can’t they grant her bail? This una UAR sef, na wa o
Re: Gloria Okolie: FENRAD Threatens Legal Action Against IGP Over Illegal Detention by Navalsadiq(m): 5:16am On Aug 25, 2021
Injustice every where

2 Likes

Re: Gloria Okolie: FENRAD Threatens Legal Action Against IGP Over Illegal Detention by Mandela89(f): 5:17am On Aug 25, 2021
Is well
Re: Gloria Okolie: FENRAD Threatens Legal Action Against IGP Over Illegal Detention by Freestainworld(m): 5:18am On Aug 25, 2021
Anything the police touches, becomes as dark as their uniforms, no single honest police man or woman, they are a glorified terrorist group in uniforms.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gloria Okolie: FENRAD Threatens Legal Action Against IGP Over Illegal Detention by vb0mb(m): 5:24am On Aug 25, 2021
Re: Gloria Okolie: FENRAD Threatens Legal Action Against IGP Over Illegal Detention by SultanYoung: 5:53am On Aug 25, 2021
Confused lot, you guy thought you are dealing with a vegetable kind of government she will be detain for a whole year and I repeat not even your messiah can do a thing about that.

Toothless bull dogs, keep insulting nigerian government while you rushed and apply for NPOWER, NPF, AIR FORCE, NAVY and other federal government agencies you bloody hypocrite.

Where are the useless NGO when they kill our father at imo, if not for GOD a thousand IGBO men trading in the North would have pay the ultimate price.

But out of let the government follow due process we let it slide

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gloria Okolie: FENRAD Threatens Legal Action Against IGP Over Illegal Detention by EdiskyHarry: 6:08am On Aug 25, 2021
It's sad things like this doesn't work in Nigeria
Re: Gloria Okolie: FENRAD Threatens Legal Action Against IGP Over Illegal Detention by melaniaup: 6:17am On Aug 25, 2021
SultanYoung:
Confused lot, you guy thought you are dealing with a vegetable kind of government she will be detain for a whole year and I repeat not even your messiah can do a thing about that.

Toothless bull dogs, keep insulting nigerian government while you rushed and apply for NPOWER, NPF, AIR FORCE, NAVY and other federal government agencies you bloody hypocrite.

Where are the useless NGO when they kill our father at imo, if not for GOD a thousand IGBO men trading in the North would have pay the ultimate price.

And your father's in disguise of herdsmen kill mother's, baby boys and girls, teenage girls and boys, agile men and women to bring food to a blood thirsty son like you whom rejoice over the adventurous deeds your father's deed in guise of being herdsmen

Your father's even your vegetable grand patron whom still insist on open grazing so as to continue the killing carnival to satisfy a blood thirsty son like you.

Why can't you tell your vegetable grand patron in aso rock to separate you people completely from them by forming your own country separate from them.

But no you exercise restrain from unleashing your beast cause your father's beasts are in the helm of affairs and their oil is also special to a drought like you

Rubbish hypocrite infidel

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gloria Okolie: FENRAD Threatens Legal Action Against IGP Over Illegal Detention by Authoreety: 6:28am On Aug 25, 2021
The truth must be exposed soon
Re: Gloria Okolie: FENRAD Threatens Legal Action Against IGP Over Illegal Detention by lexy2014: 6:39am On Aug 25, 2021
Re: Gloria Okolie: FENRAD Threatens Legal Action Against IGP Over Illegal Detention by Anaerobi(m): 6:46am On Aug 25, 2021
After having some police case, I hate anything police.

Am even hating children born by police sef
Re: Gloria Okolie: FENRAD Threatens Legal Action Against IGP Over Illegal Detention by Anaerobi(m): 6:51am On Aug 25, 2021
SultanYoung:

Keep tribe, religion and region aside and be honest.

1 Like

Re: Gloria Okolie: FENRAD Threatens Legal Action Against IGP Over Illegal Detention by Anaerobi(m): 6:53am On Aug 25, 2021
SultanYoung:

I went Tru ur profile, u sounded cool, but am shock u vomited this rubbish.

If it was your own blood sister that was kidnapped by police, and later found out she is in police costurdy how will you feel?

If it was your sister that was turned to sex salve and later accuse of aiding Boko Haram, how will you feel?

Let's call a spade a spade.... Please let's always be honest and shun evil act.

2 Likes

Re: Gloria Okolie: FENRAD Threatens Legal Action Against IGP Over Illegal Detention by Sunday2021: 7:08am On Aug 25, 2021
I blamed this democracy, a terrorist that supposed to have been wasted now have the guts to threaten legal action. Any police or military man that arrest a terrorist is a foolish security personnel.
America did not arrest Osama, then why are we arresting our terrorists instead of wasting them the way America did to Osama.
Re: Gloria Okolie: FENRAD Threatens Legal Action Against IGP Over Illegal Detention by Doyou2019: 7:16am On Aug 25, 2021
Freestainworld:
Anything the police touches, becomes as dark as their uniforms, no single honest police man or woman, they are a glorified terrorist group in uniforms.

Bloody coconut-headed dummies in uniform. October 20, 2020 taught those degenerates absolutely nothing.

1 Like

Re: Gloria Okolie: FENRAD Threatens Legal Action Against IGP Over Illegal Detention by superCleanworks(m): 7:37am On Aug 25, 2021
Interesting
Re: Gloria Okolie: FENRAD Threatens Legal Action Against IGP Over Illegal Detention by ogemore(f): 7:39am On Aug 25, 2021
God pls save that poor girl. U are the God of all cry cry please in ur mercy rescue her. Honestly I can feel her pain and that of her parents cry cry cry I can't stop crying)
Re: Gloria Okolie: FENRAD Threatens Legal Action Against IGP Over Illegal Detention by SultanYoung: 7:41am On Aug 25, 2021
melaniaup:

And your father's in disguise of herdsmen kill mother's, baby boys and girls, teenage girls and boys, agile men and women to bring food to a blood thirsty son like you whom rejoice over the adventurous deeds your father's deed in guise of being herdsmen

Your father's even your vegetable grand patron whom still insist on open grazing so as to continue the killing carnival to satisfy a blood thirsty son like you.

Why can't you tell your vegetable grand patron in aso rock to separate you people completely from them by forming your own country separate from them.

But no you exercise restrain from unleashing your beast cause your father's beasts are in the helm of affairs and their oil is also special to a drought like you

Rubbish hypocrite infidel
thank your star this forum is faceless, I could have tech you a lesson in A LANGUAGE YOU WILL UNDERSTAND. if you doubt me disclose your identity and see wonders
Re: Gloria Okolie: FENRAD Threatens Legal Action Against IGP Over Illegal Detention by Nobody: 7:54am On Aug 25, 2021
SultanYoung:
thank your star this forum is faceless, I could have tech you a lesson in A LANGUAGE YOU WILL UNDERSTAND. if you doubt me disclose your identity and see wonders

Disclose yours first. Then he will disclose his

2 Likes

Re: Gloria Okolie: FENRAD Threatens Legal Action Against IGP Over Illegal Detention by ugochukwufrenzy: 8:02am On Aug 25, 2021
SultanYoung:

your sanity will never exceed this level

1 Like

Re: Gloria Okolie: FENRAD Threatens Legal Action Against IGP Over Illegal Detention by ugochukwufrenzy: 8:04am On Aug 25, 2021
SultanYoung:
Re: Gloria Okolie: FENRAD Threatens Legal Action Against IGP Over Illegal Detention by cejaypriesty(m): 8:05am On Aug 25, 2021
SultanYoung:

This government is the last for your fulani people. ENJoY the oppression .

3 Likes

Re: Gloria Okolie: FENRAD Threatens Legal Action Against IGP Over Illegal Detention by Durchmann(m): 8:06am On Aug 25, 2021
What's the purpose of just threatening the IG?
ACT!!!

No need for all these press conferences and charade.
Each day that lady remains in the custody of the police damages her psyche further.

Everything doesn't have to be for some fame or gain.
Re: Gloria Okolie: FENRAD Threatens Legal Action Against IGP Over Illegal Detention by SultanYoung: 8:07am On Aug 25, 2021
ugochukwufrenzy:
na today we don' de hear all these ones,oga gerrat jare,,you can't do anything.fool
I promise to set an example of you.
Re: Gloria Okolie: FENRAD Threatens Legal Action Against IGP Over Illegal Detention by cejaypriesty(m): 8:09am On Aug 25, 2021
SultanYoung:
Display yours too and see if you will not die .I don't care who you are .You think being a certain person in power exonerates you from certain death.All your fulani and the mayhem you unleash in Nigeria You will pay dearly. Posterity won't be kind to your fathers .

2 Likes

Re: Gloria Okolie: FENRAD Threatens Legal Action Against IGP Over Illegal Detention by clarocuzioo(m): 8:12am On Aug 25, 2021
Hope uzodinma is the most useless governor ever in the history of Imo state. let me see him come and campaign for second Tenure after subjecting Imo people to this level of inhumane and slavery act in their state.

He will surely take citizenship in Abuja at the end of his tenure as he has become an outcast in Imo state.

By the way, where are the senators and house of Reps.memebrs in Imo state?

Haven't they heard about this porr girl's plight?

1 Like

Re: Gloria Okolie: FENRAD Threatens Legal Action Against IGP Over Illegal Detention by SultanYoung: 8:15am On Aug 25, 2021
ugochukwufrenzy:
na today we don' de hear all these ones,oga gerrat jare,,you can't do anything.fool
since you choose to go I will help you with it.
Re: Gloria Okolie: FENRAD Threatens Legal Action Against IGP Over Illegal Detention by echesilver: 8:16am On Aug 25, 2021
U sound like Nigeria is ur family business
May ur life be as condition of ur darling country
SultanYoung:

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Video:two Beautiful Girls Fight Dirty Over A Jobless Guy In Benin, Edo State / 12 Year Old Girl Molested To Death! / BREAKING!!! Hushpuppi To Spend 20 Years In Prison If....(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.