Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:03 AM

Insecurity: Cross River State Government To Establish Naval Base At UNICAL - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Insecurity: Cross River State Government To Establish Naval Base At UNICAL (6714 Views)

Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC / Governor Hope Uzodinma Inspects Construction Of Oguta Naval Base / Buhari Arrives Naval Base In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Insecurity: Cross River State Government To Establish Naval Base At UNICAL by saphiere(f): 7:10pm On Aug 24, 2021
The Cross River State Government has disclosed its intention to establish a Naval base in partnership with the Nigerian Navy at the riverine area of the University of Calabar.

The state governor, Prof. Ben Ayade disclosed this on Monday in Calabar during a visit to his office by the Chairman and Pro Chancellor of the University of Calabar Governing Council, Gen. Martin Luther-Agwai (rtd), the Vice Chancellor of the University of Calabar, Prof Florence Banku Obi and some members of the Council.

The Deputy Governor, Prof. Ivara Esu, who stood on behalf of the Governor informed the Chairman and other Council members that the decision to establish the base was reached during the state security meeting.

He said that it was important to establish the base so as to curb insecurity around the riverine area of the university and beyond.

Esu, who is the former Vice Chancellor of the University of Calabar, said that the state government places premium on the management, welfare and running of the university.

“I am glad to receive this great team today because we are all partners in the growth and development of UNICAL.

“On the issue of insecurity, I want to inform you that we have agreed in our last security meeting that we will establish a Naval base at the riverine area of the university to stem cases of insecurity on campus.

“Most of the bad boys were using the riverside to strike into the university community.

We are passionate about UNICAL; we will do our best to ensure the security of students and staff.

“For me as a person, I’m very concerned because I was a Vice Chancellor of the prestigious University of Calabar”,
he said.

He assured the team of the state government support for all their activities that would move the university forward.

Earlier, the Chairman appealed to the state government to also look into the issue of land encroachment by some individuals and host communities.

He said that they needed the support of all stakeholders in the state with a view to positioning the university as one of the best in the country and around the globe.

The Chairman of the University’ Governing Council called on other members to support them in their bid to reposition the university for the benefit of all.

https://.com/insecurity-cross-river-state-government-to-establish-naval-base-at-unical/

2 Likes

Re: Insecurity: Cross River State Government To Establish Naval Base At UNICAL by saphiere(f): 7:10pm On Aug 24, 2021
If the like let them established Army headquarters in Aso Rock. Bandits go still invade tam.

Nigeria is useless with a male leader.

4 Likes

Re: Insecurity: Cross River State Government To Establish Naval Base At UNICAL by insidelife22(m): 7:15pm On Aug 24, 2021
it is just the insecurity that bothers me.
Re: Insecurity: Cross River State Government To Establish Naval Base At UNICAL by Dozis: 7:15pm On Aug 24, 2021
Students extortion loading, come and see where every Akpan, Ubong, Umoren and Udo are labelled cultists and yahoo boys.
I don't trust any Nigerian in force uniform.
Can a state government establish a naval base??

7 Likes

Re: Insecurity: Cross River State Government To Establish Naval Base At UNICAL by Africana1123(m): 7:18pm On Aug 24, 2021
Risky oo
Re: Insecurity: Cross River State Government To Establish Naval Base At UNICAL by saphiere(f): 7:26pm On Aug 24, 2021
Dozis:
Students extortion loading, come and see where every Akpan, Ubong, Umoren and Udo are labelled cultists and yahoo boys.
I don't trust any Nigerian in force uniform.
Can a state government establish a naval base??
The news say they want to partner with the NN.
Re: Insecurity: Cross River State Government To Establish Naval Base At UNICAL by Nobody: 7:32pm On Aug 24, 2021
Be calming down young lady
Re: Insecurity: Cross River State Government To Establish Naval Base At UNICAL by Kriss216: 7:34pm On Aug 24, 2021
saphiere:
If the like let them established Army headquarters in Aso Rock. Bandits go still invade tam.

Any day you mistakenly carry this your The future is femail nonsense enter Kano State, you go sleep for Hisbah police guard room for 6 years.

6 Likes

Re: Insecurity: Cross River State Government To Establish Naval Base At UNICAL by longetivity(m): 7:41pm On Aug 24, 2021
saphiere:

you need a serious dic*k in ur life
Re: Insecurity: Cross River State Government To Establish Naval Base At UNICAL by saphiere(f): 7:49pm On Aug 24, 2021
Kriss216:

Any day you mistakenly carry this your The future is femail nonsense enter Kano State, you go sleep for Hisbah police guard room for 6 years.
I'd customize a T-shirt, wear it and visit the state any day I have some cooking up for me over there.
Re: Insecurity: Cross River State Government To Establish Naval Base At UNICAL by vb0mb(m): 5:26am On Aug 25, 2021
They should go and protect Nigeria Defense Academy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_6B8xF1OvE

1 Like

Re: Insecurity: Cross River State Government To Establish Naval Base At UNICAL by whela(m): 5:29am On Aug 25, 2021
Even NDA was attacked successfully.

2 Likes

Re: Insecurity: Cross River State Government To Establish Naval Base At UNICAL by PAWG(m): 5:33am On Aug 25, 2021
In the nearest future it’ll be very easy to effect a military coup, it’ll basically take less than 15 minutes
Re: Insecurity: Cross River State Government To Establish Naval Base At UNICAL by vicfajeze: 5:35am On Aug 25, 2021
I don't know the reason why our people love chasing imaginary shadows
Re: Insecurity: Cross River State Government To Establish Naval Base At UNICAL by Samiah33(m): 5:54am On Aug 25, 2021
Hmm
Re: Insecurity: Cross River State Government To Establish Naval Base At UNICAL by Ikpongiton: 6:25am On Aug 25, 2021
Another armtwisting tactics to bring fulani naval men to finish up our people finally.
Re: Insecurity: Cross River State Government To Establish Naval Base At UNICAL by Nobody: 6:30am On Aug 25, 2021
Ayade na talk ND no action gov..
I DNT see anything happening, it's just to make audio mouth

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insecurity: Cross River State Government To Establish Naval Base At UNICAL by Glamouzpeter(f): 6:36am On Aug 25, 2021
saphiere:

You might a suspect, don't say things like this in the public.
Re: Insecurity: Cross River State Government To Establish Naval Base At UNICAL by boxypane(m): 6:41am On Aug 25, 2021
We need am for every town in Nigeria.
Re: Insecurity: Cross River State Government To Establish Naval Base At UNICAL by SEGLIZ: 6:58am On Aug 25, 2021
putting a military base in the university premises is worse than bandit attacking it.
Re: Insecurity: Cross River State Government To Establish Naval Base At UNICAL by zubimete(f): 7:08am On Aug 25, 2021
It's a welcome development. My Amal amata.
Re: Insecurity: Cross River State Government To Establish Naval Base At UNICAL by saphiere(f): 7:11am On Aug 25, 2021
MilitaryLady:
keep talking rubbish.
You think you're faceless?
I'll expose you and Post your pictures here so everyone on this forum can see you and take note of you
Post it am waiting. If you don't post my pics, may it never be well with you.
MilitaryLady:
you that has been exposed as Sarah Theophilus that studies in Port Harcourt and sleeps around with lecturers and commit serial abortions.
For killing those Innocent foetus God will punish you and your generations.
Call IaIasticlala to ban me. I'm waiting.
Frustrated feminist
Why haven't you post my pics? Ediot

1 Like

Re: Insecurity: Cross River State Government To Establish Naval Base At UNICAL by saphiere(f): 7:12am On Aug 25, 2021
Glamouzpeter:

You might a suspect, don't say things like this in the public.
Call me what you want.
Is erecting military base in schools the solution to insecurity? How many military bases are in universities in western countries?

3 Likes

Re: Insecurity: Cross River State Government To Establish Naval Base At UNICAL by Davash222(m): 7:32am On Aug 25, 2021
saphiere:
Post it am waiting. If you don't post my pics, may it never be well with you.
You're becoming annoying, this girl.

1 Like

Re: Insecurity: Cross River State Government To Establish Naval Base At UNICAL by Coldie(m): 7:46am On Aug 25, 2021
They will establish naval base and instead of the officer's to help quel insecurity in the school they will make a deal with cultists to be supplying them babes to fvck while they look the other way

1 Like

Re: Insecurity: Cross River State Government To Establish Naval Base At UNICAL by ginggerxy: 7:57am On Aug 25, 2021
saphiere:

pick your student union government form and contest if you're still in school. maybe from then you'll start respecting your father

(1) (2) (Reply)

Guber Aspirant Sponsoring Certificate Forgery Claim Against Aiyedatiwa – Aide / Army Deploys 3,500 Soldiers To Edo / Reinstating Major (''GENERAL'') Hamza Al Mustapha Into The Nigerian Army

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.