Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,612 members, 7,813,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:36 AM

Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC (29239 Views)

Governor Hope Uzodinma Inspects Construction Of Oguta Naval Base / Insecurity: Cross River State Government To Establish Naval Base At UNICAL / Nigerian Navy To Build Warships For export To Other Countries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC by Generalmystic: 4:08pm On Aug 12, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oEALt5v4pM

⭕ The Nigerian Navy says it will establish an operational base in Enugu State to safeguard the security of lives and property by securing the state’s coastal areas.

The Chief of the Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Emmanuel Ogalla, disclosed this in Enugu on Thursday when he paid a courtesy visit to Governor Peter Mbah, at the Government House.

Ogalla commended Governor Peter Mbah for his "bold actions" in tackling the security challenges in the state upon his inauguration, saying he was impressed with the successes recorded in the very short period he had been in office.

He said: “The Nigerian Navy has three primary roles, which are first, the military duties, being the protection of this country's territorial integrity and sovereignty from the maritime domain. We have policing roles as well as diplomatic roles.

We have noticed that within this role of policing duties, we have not extended our functions to Enugu State, and we want to do that with your support.

“To this end, we plan to extend our operations to encompass and cover the broader spectrum of Enugu State, knowing that the state has a navigable river around Uzo Uwani.

"That river used to be a seaport during the colonial era, and it has been abandoned. We believe that if we can police that area, it will give assurances to investors, who will now invest in the development of that seaway for the benefit of the people of Enugu State.

“So, I want to seek your support as we make this bold initiative towards showing presence within that important seaway.

“Our operations there will be aimed at providing internal security operations both through area surveillance and patrol in such a manner that economic activities can thrive without hindrance."

Receiving the Chief of the Naval Staff to his home state, Mbah thanked President Bola Tinubu for appointing an 'Enugu son' to head the navy.

He described it as something of “immense value and significance, not just to the people of Enugu State, but to the entire South East region."

Mbah reiterated the state’s commitment to making Enugu the prime destination for investment, living, and tourism.

“I want to inform you that since that announcement of the ban on sit-at-home and declaration of war on insecurity, we have received tremendous support from the security agencies in our state, which is evident in the improvements in security and peace, which we are currently enjoying," he said

[b] Lauding the planned establishment of a naval operational base in the state, Mbah said the erroneous impression that Enugu was landlocked emanated from the underdevelopment of the state’s waterways, stressing that improved security in the coastal areas would change the narrative.

He said: “We know that some of us may be hearing for the first time that Enugu has navigable water because there is this erroneous perception that our state is a landlocked state. I am very happy that you made that clarification that indeed Enugu State, at some point, provided a veritable seaport for this country where goods and persons were moved from our land.

“So, I am happy the naval chief committed today that the Navy will establish an operational base in Enugu State. This is heartwarming for us, as this will support the fight against insecurity in Enugu, especially at that flank of our state.

“I want to assure you, on behalf of the government of Enugu State, that we are going to support you with all that is required to ensure the actualisation of your operational base." [/b]

Governor Mbah also urged the Chief of the Naval Staff to consider establishing a naval school and hospital in the state.

https://saharareporters.com/2023/08/10/nigerian-navy-establish-operational-base-enugu-over-insecurity

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC by Generalmystic: 4:08pm On Aug 12, 2023
Photos

Question ?
Judging from the video, the Ogurugu River Port is said to be used by the colonial masters.

⭕Is it navigable?

⭕ What's the economic importance

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC by Generalmystic: 4:08pm On Aug 12, 2023
@Seun call your moderators to other.

A particular moderator I don't want to mention his name but his a notorious tribalistic mod, always create post after I might have created a post, and close my thread saying the thread has been created.

84 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC by Generalmystic: 4:09pm On Aug 12, 2023
More photos.

Cc @OAM4J @Nlfpmod @Dominique @Mynd44

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC by MadamExcellency: 4:12pm On Aug 12, 2023
Are there external threats alongside those coastal areas? Definitely No, because these are not border States.

Nigerian Military should stop delving into the functions of the Nigerian Police Force.

Nigerian Soldiers are trained to kill and police are the only ones with the tendency to make peace and also prosecute criminals.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC by Fifthaout: 4:12pm On Aug 12, 2023
Enjoy your son smiley

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC by Nobody: 4:13pm On Aug 12, 2023
Nice one, Asiwaju is working. Asiwaju must rescue Nigeria whether Obi likes it or not.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC by Generalmystic: 4:13pm On Aug 12, 2023
MadamExcellency:
Nigerian Military should stop delving into the functions of the Nigerian Police Force.

Nigerian Soldiers are trained to kill and police are the only ones with the tendency to make peace and also prosecute criminals.
I'm lost here

13 Likes

Re: Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 4:15pm On Aug 12, 2023
Thank u Emma 0galla..

Gburugburu did 8yrs as governor yet he did not work on this river port. People wonder why they voted against his senatorial ambition in nsukka.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC by seunmsg(m): 4:17pm On Aug 12, 2023
Igbo man taking naval base to his hometown. If na another person from another ethnicity, the usual suspect will start shouting nepotism.

93 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC by LeoDeKing: 4:17pm On Aug 12, 2023
Generalmystic:
I'm lost here
Same here.

69 Likes

Re: Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC by LeoDeKing: 4:18pm On Aug 12, 2023
Those people whose task in life is wailing, cursing wailing, cursing and more wailing cursing whenever there is any govt project in focus.

I want to see how they will now shred the navy chief to pieces. The navy chief is from South East.

84 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC by Bestmanfornow: 4:18pm On Aug 12, 2023
But there's Naval base in Ogbaru, Anambra state

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC by MadamExcellency: 4:19pm On Aug 12, 2023
Generalmystic:
I'm lost here

Navy Operational bases should be along coastal lines of Nigeria's border States or where Ships and vessels operate and not intrastate rivers where fishermen go for daily business.

These men are trained to kill. They will go there and start harassing the villagers and fishermen.

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC by Bestmanfornow: 4:23pm On Aug 12, 2023
There's already existing Naval base in Ogbaru/Onitsha

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC by Generalmystic: 4:23pm On Aug 12, 2023
MadamExcellency:

Navy Operational bases should be along coastal lines of Nigeria's border States or where Ships and vessels operate and not intrastate rivers where fishermen go for daily business.

These men are trained to kill. They will go there and start harassing the villagers and fishermen.
So the port in question is only for fishermen?.

Let's assume it's only for fishermen, does fishermen not deserve security?.

So interstate Waters are only good for fishing and not for movement of goods and services?

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC by Generalmystic: 4:24pm On Aug 12, 2023
Bestmanfornow:
There's already existing Naval base in Ogbaru/Onitsha
Ogbaru is in Anambra, Ogurugu River Port is in Enugu

23 Likes

Re: Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC by LeoDeKing: 4:24pm On Aug 12, 2023
MadamExcellency:

Navy chief is from SE.

Are we to now conclude he is stupid, clueless and nepotistic "like his predecessors" from other zones?

84 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC by Bestmanfornow: 4:26pm On Aug 12, 2023
Generalmystic:
Ogbaru is in Anambra, Ogurugu River Port is in Enugu
I don't understand
Re: Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC by Cooly100: 4:26pm On Aug 12, 2023
seunmsg:
Igbo man taking naval base to his hometown. If na another person from another ethnicity, the usual suspect will start shouting nepotism.

Every living thing on earth knows that the very greedy and selfish Yorubas will be the first to cry as usual chief town criers...

If you give them heaven and earth and give the others small part...

Na so dey go dey wail...

See below is the Army University built by the former army chief in his home town...

We didn't see you hate filled people wail because they are your master...

Why you hate Igbos and still want to share a country with them is the 8th wonder of this world.

78 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC by Otuegbe: 4:32pm On Aug 12, 2023
Welcome development. At least that will in some extent scare all those herdsmen away from uzouwani LGA

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC by Generalmystic: 4:32pm On Aug 12, 2023
Bestmanfornow:

I don't understand
you said there's naval base in Ogbaru already, and I'm telling you that Ogbaru is in Anambra state while Ogurugu River Port is in Enugu state

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC by Bestmanfornow: 4:34pm On Aug 12, 2023
Generalmystic:
you said there's naval base in Ogbaru already, and I'm telling you that Ogbaru is in Anambra state while Ogurugu River Port is in Enugu state
So why saying it will cover Southeast when Ogbaru already have existing Naval base

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC by Generalmystic: 4:37pm On Aug 12, 2023
Bestmanfornow:

So why saying it will cover Southeast when Ogbaru already have existing Naval base
so because there's naval base in Ogbaru Anambra state, their shouldn't be any other one in SE?. Here we have Naval base in Delta state, we also have in Rivers state, Cross River, Akwa ibom, etc.

Is Ogbaru base enough to cover SE?.
Why are you so deranged?.

It will cover SE and parts of Kogi and Benue which are in North Central

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC by Cooly100: 4:39pm On Aug 12, 2023
Generalmystic:
so because there's naval base in Ogbaru Anambra state, their shouldn't be any other one in SE?. Here we have Naval base in Delta state, we also have in Rivers state, Cross River, Akwa ibom, etc.

Let's see what that fellow will come back with...

Some of these people are so petty.

They are only selfishly happy when only them have it..

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC by Bestmanfornow: 4:42pm On Aug 12, 2023
Generalmystic:

They can build as many as they want in Enugu my point is don't say it will cover Southeast because there are already established Naval operational base in Anambra and Imo through River Niger

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC by Nobody: 4:44pm On Aug 12, 2023
Interesting...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 4:46pm On Aug 12, 2023
Cooly100:

Every living thing on earth knows that the very greedy and selfish Yorubas will be the first to cry as usual chief town criers...

If you give them heaven and earth and give the others small part...

Na so dey go dey wail...

See below is the Army University built by the former army chief in his home town...

We didn't see you hate filled people wail because they are your master...

Why you hate Igbos and still want to share a country with them is the 8th wonder of this world.

U don finish dat guy

26 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC by Bestmanfornow: 4:48pm On Aug 12, 2023
Generalmystic:

I'm not against them building Naval base in Enugu, but this is not the first in Southeast, maybe the will cover Enugu and Ebonyi

Re: Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC by Generalmystic: 4:51pm On Aug 12, 2023
Bestmanfornow:

I'm not against them building Naval base in Enugu, but this is not the first in Southeast, maybe the will cover Enugu and Ebonyi
I'm yet to see anywhere in the Post where it was stated that that's the first Naval Post in SE. Enugu is not an appendage of Anambra state, they are both full functional states of the federation with their geographical boundaries.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC by Generalmystic: 4:53pm On Aug 12, 2023
Bestmanfornow:

They can build as many as they want in Enugu my point is don't say it will cover Southeast because there are already established Naval operational base in Anambra and Imo through River Niger
I'm not the one that said it, it's the chief of the Naval staff that said it, and he knows why he said it.

There's no where in the Post that suggests that the proposed naval base at Ogurugu River Port is the first, or the only naval post in SE

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC by Bestmanfornow: 4:54pm On Aug 12, 2023
Generalmystic:
I'm yet to see anywhere in the Post where it was stated that that's the first Naval Post in SE. Enugu is not an appendage of Anambra state, they are both full functional states of the federation with their geographical boundaries.
My friend check the title of your thread, what do you mean to take care of Southeast

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) / My Personal Doctors Are in London - Buhari / 36 State Governors' Message To Gambari, Buhari’s New Chief Of Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.