Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,780 members, 7,813,575 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:18 PM

Soludo Insists Anambra Too Complex For WAEC Holders To Govern - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soludo Insists Anambra Too Complex For WAEC Holders To Govern (24555 Views)

Ifeanyi Ubah: There Will Be Trouble If IPOB Insists Anambra Election Won’t Hold / Soludo Insists Anambra Too Complex For WAEC Cert Holder To Govern / Ambode: Jide Sanwo-olu Is A Criminal And Mentally Unstable To Govern Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soludo Insists Anambra Too Complex For WAEC Holders To Govern by THMT: 2:20pm On Aug 25, 2021
franciskaine:
were Yar Adua and GEJ not educated? With all the shitty professors we have in Nigerian universities doing anyhow. Abegi

Your point makes no sense because you're throwing a blanket as if all professors in Nigeria are useless.
The Nigerian police force is one of the most corrupt forces with so many ills but I have met some decent police men who helped me one time when I was stranded.

There must be a little bit of error here and there in everything in life but trust me, one needs to get educated to successfully lead in a country like Nigeria.
Travelling also exposes one to different ways of life due to Nigeria's limited modern tools needed to succeed in life thereby helping one to find solutions when brainstorming and trying to solve difficult issues.
Re: Soludo Insists Anambra Too Complex For WAEC Holders To Govern by obioraval(m): 3:35pm On Aug 25, 2021
InvertedHammer:
/
My opinion:

Anyone with Ph.D or anyone without B.Sc/HND should not be allowed near the Government House.

Those with Ph.D are stuck in teaching mode--all talks and no action (GEJ, Ikpeazu, and I suspect Soludo will reduce governance to an academic exercise). It is not about delivering wonderful speeches.

Those without first degree are too crude to understand management. They might have succeeded in personal endeavours. But in Nigeria, the only criteria for success at that level is being criminally-minded.

B.Sc, HND or Masters we shall take.
/

I agree with your thoughts. But permit me to add that a PhD isn't all about teaching. If Nigeria was a serious nation, our political parties would have think tanks made up of people with doctorate degrees formulating policies for the party and critiquing the current government. But alas, we have politicians critiquing politicians with ideas from Twitter.

However, I think Soludo would do a good job as he understands policy implementation. That's where a large majority of our Nigerian trained PhD holders get stuck.

1 Like

Re: Soludo Insists Anambra Too Complex For WAEC Holders To Govern by freshalien: 4:09pm On Aug 25, 2021
vicfajeze:
what's the minimum qualifications for any political office holder?Abeg, Oga Soludo go siddon

That is why a lifeless NEPA bill holder has ruined your life in Nigeria. Idiiot!
Re: Soludo Insists Anambra Too Complex For WAEC Holders To Govern by InvertedHammer: 6:05pm On Aug 25, 2021
obioraval:

I agree with your thoughts. But permit me to add that a PhD isn't all about teaching. If Nigeria was a serious nation, our political parties would have think tanks made up of people with doctorate degrees formulating policies for the party and critiquing the current government. But alas, we have politicians critiquing politicians with ideas from Twitter.

However, I think Soludo would do a good job as he understands policy implementation. That's where a large majority of our Nigerian trained PhD holders get stuck.
/
A crappy place like Nigeria needs an Engineer as a governor surrounded by good legal and financial advisers. By Engineer, I don't mean anyone with an Engineering degree but a passionate engineer. We are too underdeveloped for suit-wearing administrators. A credible chartered accountant is another good option. All these lawyers, economists, political scientists, etc are just talking heads who will end up wasting everyone's time. Nigeria is operating a voodoo economy. Most of the economic indices are cooked as the spirit lead.
The job of a Governor in Nigeria is oversimplified. Two sources of income--taxations and federal allocations. Expenses--salaries/pensions and infrastructures. The rest of the time is used in attending public functions, receiving visitors and figuring out ways to loot the treasury. Anything else beyond these are highly discretionary.

/
Re: Soludo Insists Anambra Too Complex For WAEC Holders To Govern by FORWARDEVERLY: 6:49pm On Aug 25, 2021
Idiots with only waec would be pained by the his comments..
Re: Soludo Insists Anambra Too Complex For WAEC Holders To Govern by Blackdisciple(m): 7:36pm On Aug 25, 2021
The ones that are having PhDs what did they do??
Re: Soludo Insists Anambra Too Complex For WAEC Holders To Govern by Nobody: 10:07pm On Aug 25, 2021
THMT:

Your point makes no sense because you're throwing a blanket as if all professors in Nigeria are useless.
The Nigerian police force is one of the most corrupt forces with so many ills but I have met some decent police men who helped me one time when I was stranded.

There must be a little bit of error here and there in everything in life but trust me, one needs to get educated to successfully lead in a country like Nigeria.
Travelling also exposes one to different ways of life due to Nigeria's limited modern tools needed to succeed in life thereby helping one to find solutions when brainstorming and trying to solve difficult issues.

I hope you know that having a University degree is not the prerequisite to being educated. A person can be educated even without a university degree.

The Nigerian constitution says that you must have an equivalent of WAEC certificate to be eligible for election. And that's their standard for education. Mind you, having a university degree does not automatically translate into being savvy, intelligent and having leadership dexterity.
Re: Soludo Insists Anambra Too Complex For WAEC Holders To Govern by THMT: 10:51am On Aug 26, 2021
franciskaine:
I hope you know that having a University degree is not the prerequisite to being educated. A person can be educated even without a university degree.

The Nigerian constitution says that you must have an equivalent of WAEC certificate to be eligible for election. And that's their standard for education. Mind you, having a university degree does not automatically translate into being savvy, intelligent and having leadership dexterity.

Now you are talking. So many people are literates but not educated especially in a country like Nigeria where a rich dull person can graduate with first class but trust me, that period of being in a school or around smart people will definitely add one or two things that the streets can never teach the dull person.
Same thing applies to an educated person who spends couple of times in the streets, you must learn something new in the streets no matter what.

Now my point is, combining more education (not buying a degree) and adding to already gained knowledge, helps shapes one to easily brainstorm and find solutions to complex issues of life in the world today.
That's how the world is shaped today not really because it is a yardstick to evaluate a person's IQ.
Imagine losing your job to a less qualified person because of not taking a covid vaccine. The world is shaped like that bro, and truth is we must try something new in Nigeria by electing well educated people who value education so that public schools from primary to university, health and other vital sectors will be revived.
Blessed week ahead to you and your family.

1 Like

Re: Soludo Insists Anambra Too Complex For WAEC Holders To Govern by THMT: 10:56am On Aug 26, 2021
Blackdisciple:
The ones that are having PhDs what did they do??

The engineer governor of Ebonyi state is saying hi. We need passionate top brains to revive this country.
You can not give what you don't have.
Re: Soludo Insists Anambra Too Complex For WAEC Holders To Govern by Nobody: 6:43pm On Aug 26, 2021
THMT:

Now you are talking. So many people are literates but not educated especially in a country like Nigeria where a rich dull person can graduate with first class but trust me, that period of being in a school or around smart people will definitely add one or two things that the streets can never teach the dull person.
Same thing applies to an educated person who spends couple of times in the streets, you must learn something new in the streets no matter what.

Now my point is, combining more education (not buying a degree) and adding to already gained knowledge, helps shapes one to easily brainstorm and find solutions to complex issues of life in the world today.
That's how the world is shaped today not really because it is a yardstick to evaluate a person's IQ.
Imagine losing your job to a less qualified person because of not taking a covid vaccine. The world is shaped like that bro, and truth is we must try something new in Nigeria by electing well educated people who value education so that public schools from primary to university, health and other vital sectors will be revived.
Blessed week ahead to you and your family.
kind regards.
Re: Soludo Insists Anambra Too Complex For WAEC Holders To Govern by Solsix(m): 6:56pm On Aug 26, 2021
expertman:
But is not by certificate is by vision and Grace sir !
Which top company is run by a neco holder?? Your likes deserves Nigeria
Re: Soludo Insists Anambra Too Complex For WAEC Holders To Govern by Solsix(m): 6:57pm On Aug 26, 2021
yinkus6750:
Is it by qualification?
If SSCE is the minimum requirement, so be it.
We be seen PhD holders run the country before, and a school cert holder as well, talk less of Anambra state.
Nah you a save holder will rule
Re: Soludo Insists Anambra Too Complex For WAEC Holders To Govern by Blackdisciple(m): 7:07pm On Aug 26, 2021
THMT:

The engineer governor of Ebonyi state is saying hi. We need passionate top brains to revive this country.
You can not give what you don't have.

That one na mumu eng
Re: Soludo Insists Anambra Too Complex For WAEC Holders To Govern by vicfajeze: 8:28pm On Aug 26, 2021
hedonido:

Seems you also have questionable or incomplete WAEC or NECO as your maximum academic attainment. Otherwise you would see it in Soludo's statement that Anambra does not operate on minimum standards.

If your WAEC or NECO is complete, then go and prepare for next year's JAMB my friend. It's never too late.
shey you go register me?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Abdulmumini Jubrin's Question Causes Controversy On Twitter / Don’t Carry AK-47 - Bala Mohammed Begs Herdsmen / Boko Haram Give Reasons For Cease Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.