Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,833 members, 7,813,783 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:19 PM

Oneplus Thread - Phones (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Oneplus Thread (30831 Views)

Nokia Sold 4.4 Million Smartphones In Q4 2017, More Than HTC, Sony, Oneplus / Oneplus Starts Rolling Out Android 8.0 Oreo Update To Oneplus 5 Users / Between Oneplus 3t And S7 Edge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oneplus Thread by Paxziano: 3:01pm On Nov 28, 2021
Auskyd:

Check the seller to ensure that the person is reputable. Refurbished from the company is as good as brand new. Have no fears. Fairly used from a trustworthy seller is also a good bargain imo. Make sure you are also buying a fairly recent model too. Reduces the chances of buying rubbish.

Alright baws... Thanks
Re: Oneplus Thread by anonymousey: 9:52pm On Nov 29, 2021
burner44:

I'll give you a good example bro, my friend wanted to buy a poco f3, here in Nigeria it was selling for 280k, I just gave him clue on Ali Express and we bought the phone for 133k (shipping included). Meaning we asked close to 130k. Now oneplus 9 pro sells at 250k(shipping included) but here it goes for 400 to 450k. I'm not against sellers price, it business same way its business to go the cheaper route for same product. I'm just trynna enlighten a few that if they can't afford buying it here in our stores they could purchase from outside at cheaper rate and wait a max 35 days to get it

Wrong exchange rates though.

While I've seen some people go overboard on price, as one that often imports gadgets, I must say theory is different from practice. There are several things to consider.

First is where the seller bought from, at what cost, both of the item and shipping.

Part of the cost of the item is the cost of capital. If a seller took a loan with interest, that must be included in his/her calculations.

In looking at where, mode of payment even comes in, black market rates, or which. The exchange rate on AliExpress is obsolete. Exchange rates on cards are mostly determined by the issuing bank, except with dollar dominated cards funded by black market dollars.

I hardly buy from AliExpress except for personal use. I can't risk investor funds/loans and put them at the risk of post office staff. When I do buy from AliExpress, I may ship to another country first before shipping to Nigeria. This definitely causes an increase in cost.

Then there's the wait time, and the possibility of loss and other complications like custom payments.

What I'm trying to say is that it's not always as straightforward as it looks. For those that haven't, maybe buy a phone from the US or China, and maybe try to sell it. When you walk in the shoes of the sellers, you may change your mind.

They say experience is the best teacher. I don't sell phones, yet. But in the process of selling other things I've come to appreciate the struggles of phone sellers.

By the way, I like good prices. I try to sell as fairly as possible. There are products that I sell that are cheaper than from the manufacturer's store on AliExpress. We all have our ways.

Sorry for the long epistle.

Another by the way, I just got the OnePlus 8 I bought. Landed last Thursday. I may sell it o. Not decided yet sha. 98 percent clean o.

2 Likes

Re: Oneplus Thread by damuseron(m): 9:58pm On Nov 29, 2021
anonymousey:

Wrong exchange rates though

I was going to say same too
Re: Oneplus Thread by Paxziano: 8:56pm On Nov 30, 2021
anonymousey:

Wrong exchange rates though.

While I've seen some people go overboard on price, as one that often imports gadgets, I must say theory is different from practice. There are several things to consider.

First is where the seller bought from, at what cost, both of the item and shipping.

Part of the cost of the item is the cost of capital. If a seller took a loan with interest, that must be included in his/her calculations.

In looking at where, mode of payment even comes in, black market rates, or which. The exchange rate on AliExpress is obsolete. Exchange rates on cards are mostly determined by the issuing bank, except with dollar dominated cards funded by black market dollars.

I hardly buy from AliExpress except for personal use. I can't risk investor funds/loans and put them at the risk of post office staff. When I do buy from AliExpress, I may ship to another country first before shipping to Nigeria. This definitely causes an increase in cost.

Then there's the wait time, and the possibility of loss and other complications like custom payments.

What I'm trying to say is that it's not always as straightforward as it looks. For those that haven't, maybe buy a phone from the US or China, and maybe try to sell it. When you walk in the shoes of the sellers, you may change your mind.

They say experience is the best teacher. I don't sell phones, yet. But in the process of selling other things I've come to appreciate the struggles of phone sellers.

By the way, I like good prices. I try to sell as fairly as possible. There are products that I sell that are cheaper than from the manufacturer's store on AliExpress. We all have our ways.

Sorry for the long epistle.

Another by the way, I just got the OnePlus 8 I bought. Landed last Thursday. I may sell it o. Not decided yet sha. 98 percent clean o.

98% clean? If you don't mind my asking, where did you purchase from? I'm looking at getting a OnePlus 8pro. Don't mind if it's eBay refurbished sef as long as it's very clean and functioning properly
Re: Oneplus Thread by Auskyd(m): 9:50pm On Nov 30, 2021
Paxziano:

98% clean? If you don't mind my asking, where did you purchase from? I'm looking at getting a OnePlus 8pro. Don't mind if it's eBay refurbished sef as long as it's very clean and functioning properly

I have a OnePlus 8pro.

Nylon still on the body.

300k.
Brand new.
Re: Oneplus Thread by anonymousey: 10:24pm On Nov 30, 2021
Paxziano:

eBay but OnePlus 8 not 8 pro
Re: Oneplus Thread by Gideonanj21(m): 1:28am On Dec 01, 2021
Hi, I want to ask a question, I'm expecting a parcel from aliexpress cuz it was ordered for me by my friend from Asia. And I'm been skeptical that I'll even get the parcel, please what was your experience or your friend people say. Thanks
Re: Oneplus Thread by Powerful20(m): 1:31am On Dec 01, 2021
I have OnePlus 8 Pro
12GB/ 256GB
Usa used
With box and charger
Dual sim
Clean like new
Ordered it from ebay
Price: 290k
Re: Oneplus Thread by Gideonanj21(m): 1:33am On Dec 01, 2021
Hi guys i have a question. I'm a bit skeptical, my tracker is showing "Dispatched to oversea postal admin (SG/SIN to NG/LOS) please for those people who have experienced this how long did it take for you to get your parcel.
Thanks for your response in advance

Re: Oneplus Thread by Paxziano: 5:44am On Dec 01, 2021
Auskyd:

I have a OnePlus 8pro.

Nylon still on the body.

300k.
Brand new.

Baws, this is way above my budget
Re: Oneplus Thread by aieromon(m): 7:49am On Dec 01, 2021
Gideonanj21:
Hi guys i have a question. I'm a bit skeptical, my tracker is showing "Dispatched to oversea postal admin (SG/SIN to NG/LOS) please for those people who have experienced this how long did it take for you to get your parcel.
Thanks for your response in advance

This is the appropriate thread to post your complaint

https://www.nairaland.com/5266068/thread-only-aliexpress-shopper

It can take between 2 to 6 weeks before your package arrives Nigeria.
Re: Oneplus Thread by Powerful20(m): 9:21am On Dec 01, 2021
I have OnePlus 8 Pro
12GB/ 256GB
Usa used
With box and charger
Dual sim
Clean like new
Ordered it from ebay

Re: Oneplus Thread by ibawon(m): 8:30pm On Dec 03, 2021
Oneplus 7T
8/128GB
Dual Sim
No single issues
9/10 neatness
Only device
Lagos
Re: Oneplus Thread by networkrecharg: 9:08pm On Dec 05, 2021
Auskyd:

Yes there is second space

Some are dual, some are single. Depends on the region.

Yes, there are people that fix them here in Lagos. But sometimes you need to order parts in.

I wouldn't worry much if I were you. Keep your phone well and no need to worry about repairs and all.

Please which or other phones have Private Space or Dual Space?
Re: Oneplus Thread by Auskyd(m): 9:14pm On Dec 05, 2021
networkrecharg:

Please which or other phones have Private Space or Dual Space?

Try Redmi and Xiaomi. They have second spaces too.
Re: Oneplus Thread by Powerful20(m): 10:08pm On Dec 05, 2021
Powerful20:
I have OnePlus 8 Pro
12GB/ 256GB
Usa used
With box and charger
Dual sim
Clean like new
Ordered it from ebay

Still Available
Re: Oneplus Thread by Powerful20(m): 5:40pm On Dec 06, 2021
Powerful20:
I have OnePlus 8 Pro
12GB/ 256GB
Usa used
With box and charger
Dual sim
Clean like new
Ordered it from ebay
Still de
Re: Oneplus Thread by Powerful20(m): 7:07am On Dec 10, 2021
Powerful20:
I have OnePlus 8 Pro
12GB/ 256GB
Usa used
With box and charger
Dual sim
Clean like new
Ordered it from ebay

Available
Re: Oneplus Thread by Kennedy97: 9:35am On Dec 21, 2021
Please who has screen guard for 7pro and pouch

Just got a 7pro it's my first OnePlus phone!

Make una help newbie

Cc
hanscomb
Ibawon
Re: Oneplus Thread by Auskyd(m): 1:01pm On Dec 21, 2021
Kennedy97:
Please who has screen guard for 7pro and pouch

Just got a 7pro it's my first OnePlus phone!

Make una help newbie

Cc
hanscomb
Ibawon

Yayyy. Welcome to the club!!! Pouch and screen guard, you might have to order it.

Check AliExpress.
Re: Oneplus Thread by Kennedy97: 2:12pm On Dec 21, 2021
Auskyd:

Yayyy. Welcome to the club!!! Pouch and screen guard, you might have to order it.

Check AliExpress.

Na so
Aha
Thanks
Re: Oneplus Thread by Onetouchsolutio: 7:56pm On Jan 04, 2022
Call or whatsapp 07038627440 for detail
Re: Oneplus Thread by Onetouchsolutio: 8:03pm On Jan 04, 2022
Call me or whatsapp 07038627440 oppo screens
Re: Oneplus Thread by MrReeseG(m): 10:07am On Jan 06, 2022
Has anyone on the 8 series gotten A12 update
Re: Oneplus Thread by aieromon(m): 1:33pm On Jan 06, 2022
MrReeseG:
Has anyone on the 8 series gotten A12 update

Android 12 available only for OnePlus 9 series

1 Like

Re: Oneplus Thread by MrReeseG(m): 2:12pm On Jan 06, 2022
aieromon:

Android 12 available only for OnePlus 9 series
We should be expecting it in the 1st Quarter then...

But OP are quite faster than Samsungs with updates yeah?
Re: Oneplus Thread by Trustwallet(m): 2:58pm On Jan 06, 2022
MrReeseG:

We should be expecting it in the 1st Quarter then...

But OP are quite faster than Samsungs with updates yeah?
Samsung have updated all their flagship A12 including A72,A52...
Re: Oneplus Thread by Ojikutuqudus: 10:00am On Jan 09, 2022
I need a OnePlus 8t, where do I get new one at a fair price, the amount at computer village is much more, do you suggest I get it on AliExpress?
Re: Oneplus Thread by Auskyd(m): 11:09am On Jan 09, 2022
Ojikutuqudus:
I need a OnePlus 8t, where do I get new one at a fair price, the amount at computer village is much more, do you suggest I get it on AliExpress?

Eiya. And I just sold mine. Buy from Aliexpress if you can. It's a great device that you'll never regret using.

1 Like

Re: Oneplus Thread by Ojikutuqudus: 12:25pm On Jan 09, 2022
thanks alot, I saw alot of stores on AliExpress,can you recommend any store link? and how much was it?

Eiya. And I just sold mine. Buy from Aliexpress if you can. It's a great device that you'll never regret using. [/quote]
Re: Oneplus Thread by RoddyStan: 12:28pm On Jan 09, 2022
Oneplus 8pro is available
Has an hairline crack on the screen
Re: Oneplus Thread by Ojikutuqudus: 1:22pm On Jan 09, 2022
How much? can I get pictures
RoddyStan:
Oneplus 8pro is available
Has an hairline crack on the screen

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

9 Ways You Are Accidentally Damaging Your Smart Phone / Get A Phone Number, Given The Imei Number: How Possible? / The Evolution Of Blackberry Pictured In One Image.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.