Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,743 members, 7,824,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

Is 28yrs Old Too Late To Start Programming, And I Don't Know Nothing About It - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Is 28yrs Old Too Late To Start Programming, And I Don't Know Nothing About It (994 Views)

At 40, Can I Still Learn Programming And Be Good At It? / Programmers: At What Age Did You Start Programming? / You Would Better Start Programming With Java Or C# (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is 28yrs Old Too Late To Start Programming, And I Don't Know Nothing About It by Exkandayee(m): 11:43pm On Aug 24, 2021
Please guys, I'll like to learn a language in programming,I have my laptop,is just confusing whenever I read up anything online,i don't even understand what they are saying,I have Google grasshopper in my phone, and I've passed so many practices,,,, the funny part is I just downloaded python app in my laptop when I launch it I don't know what to type haha, please someone should help start, I'm in owerri, I'll pay any amount of money to learn this
Re: Is 28yrs Old Too Late To Start Programming, And I Don't Know Nothing About It by chatinent: 11:56pm On Aug 24, 2021
You need a tutor. These DIY apps may not help if you don't have the basis.
Re: Is 28yrs Old Too Late To Start Programming, And I Don't Know Nothing About It by Exkandayee(m): 12:15am On Aug 25, 2021
chatinent:
You need a tutor. These DIY apps may not help if you don't have the basis.
I think you right, imma open a thread for programmers in owerri to help me
Re: Is 28yrs Old Too Late To Start Programming, And I Don't Know Nothing About It by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 12:29am On Aug 25, 2021
Exkandayee:
Please guys, I'll like to learn a language in programming,I have my laptop,is just confusing whenever I read up anything online,i don't even understand what they are saying,I have Google grasshopper in my phone, and I've passed so many practices,,,, the funny part is I just downloaded python app in my laptop when I launch it I don't know what to type haha, please someone should help start, I'm in owerri, I'll pay any amount of money to learn this

It all depends on you.

It's never late!

Your determination, drive, persistency, perseverance and inquisitiveness, can still make the best in the world at your age.

It's all in you...
Re: Is 28yrs Old Too Late To Start Programming, And I Don't Know Nothing About It by after4: 12:48am On Aug 25, 2021
Do you know how old the owner of KFC chicken was when he started it? +60years.
How I wish I even dey 28 sef and develop interest for programming by now I for don know where I dey. I started at mid 30 and am doing fine. Go to w3schools and start with html then css then Java script then python or php then you can enter any program you want.

Igbo people sey nah the time wey pesin wake up be hem own morning, so good morning to you

7 Likes

Re: Is 28yrs Old Too Late To Start Programming, And I Don't Know Nothing About It by Nobody: 6:01am On Aug 25, 2021
Exkandayee:
Its never too late! All what you need is determination and consistency.
I can mentor you online, whatsapp 0.8.1.3.7.5.3.3.3.7.5
Re: Is 28yrs Old Too Late To Start Programming, And I Don't Know Nothing About It by Exkandayee(m): 7:45am On Aug 25, 2021
SangoOlukosoOba:

It all depends on you.

It's never late!

Your determination, drive, persistency, perseverance and inquisitiveness, can still make the best in the world at your age.

Thanks bro
It's all in you...
Re: Is 28yrs Old Too Late To Start Programming, And I Don't Know Nothing About It by arejibadz(m): 11:00am On Aug 25, 2021
courserecap.com.... https://www.freetutorialsus.com/....
Enter youTube there are lot of resources there...it's never late bro download vids from here and start... good luck

2 Likes

Re: Is 28yrs Old Too Late To Start Programming, And I Don't Know Nothing About It by airsaylongcome: 11:05am On Aug 25, 2021
Exkandayee:

Is earning 30USD an hour working from Nigeria (with stable Internet) enough motivation to start?

1 Like

Re: Is 28yrs Old Too Late To Start Programming, And I Don't Know Nothing About It by Doctoropera(m): 1:14pm On Aug 25, 2021
My brother I started at your age and I thank God for what I've achieved. You will never regret it

1 Like

Re: Is 28yrs Old Too Late To Start Programming, And I Don't Know Nothing About It by olukunle50: 1:49pm On Aug 25, 2021
I started at 30 and am still on it

1 Like

Re: Is 28yrs Old Too Late To Start Programming, And I Don't Know Nothing About It by Unbiased1: 10:14pm On Aug 25, 2021
Exkandayee:

Lol. The reason why you downloaded the Python app and did not know what to type is because you have not discovered what you want to use programming for. Before going to any tutorial centre or searching YouTube or Udemy for tutorials, you should, first of all, know what sector of programming you want to go into. Once you know what you want to do with programming, it will be a guide to help you know the programming languages, frameworks and technologies you need to learn and as for your age, you are not too old to learn programming. Many people started at much older ages.
Re: Is 28yrs Old Too Late To Start Programming, And I Don't Know Nothing About It by dhtml6(m): 8:03am On Aug 26, 2021
You can learn it, very possible. Takes strong determination.
Re: Is 28yrs Old Too Late To Start Programming, And I Don't Know Nothing About It by Exkandayee(m): 9:08am On Aug 26, 2021
Unbiased1:

Lol. The reason why you downloaded the Python app and did not know what to type is because you have not discovered what you want to use programming for. Before going to any tutorial centre or searching YouTube or Udemy for tutorials, you should, first of all, know what sector of programming you want to go into. Once you know what you want to do with programming, it will be a guide to help you know the programming languages, frameworks and technologies you need to learn and as for your age, you are not too old to learn programming. Many people started at much older ages.

Ma guy you made some good points here,I don't know what I'm programming for,I want to learn it because they said is lucrative,but anyways I want to start creating website or mobile applications,omo this thing don tire me shaaa
Re: Is 28yrs Old Too Late To Start Programming, And I Don't Know Nothing About It by Unbiased1: 10:55am On Aug 26, 2021
Exkandayee:

Ma guy you made some good points here,I don't know what I'm programming for,I want to learn it because they said is lucrative,but anyways I want to start creating website or mobile applications,omo this thing don tire me shaaa

Websites and Mobile App creation is a very broad aspect/sector of programming. You go learn learn learn ehh, you will get confused at a point grin
First, you will have to learn Front-end Development which is starts by learning HTML, CSS and JavaScript. As you go on, you will have to learn React.JS because, many companies employ React developers nowadays. In order not to make this write-up too long, I will just list the technologies you are likely going to venture into as you learn front-end development for website creation:
1. HTML
2. CSS
3. JavaScript
4. Bootstrap (you will likely learn this too)
5. SASS
6. React or Angular or Vue
7. Gatsby or Next JS
and many more frameworks related to JavaScript that you will love later in your programming career.

You will still learn back-end development if you are interested (don't forget to search for what Front-end and Back-end mean in regards to website creation).

For Mobile Apps, you will likely learn React Naive since it is closely related to React and maybe learn Flutter & Dart, and Electron JS for Desktop Apps. If you don't go this route, then you will have to learn Java for Android development, Swift for iOS and iMac and C# for Windows.

You can check out Travesty Media channel on Youtube. He usually uploads guidelines for upcoming developers. He has uploaded the 2021 guideline already so you can check out his YouTube Channel. The video is very insightful (over 40 mins long). It will guide you on how to learn programming for web development based on latest trend.

2 Likes

Re: Is 28yrs Old Too Late To Start Programming, And I Don't Know Nothing About It by Sheriman(m): 11:25am On Aug 26, 2021
When learning a programming language. Please choose your path at the beginning and follow it. If you want to become either a web developer or Android IOS Application developer or desktop developer there are some languages and framework you need to learn and you must understand the basics, start developing with it, read a lot of documentation, always practice practice and practice. Doing all these for years will make you become a good developer. Nothing good comes easy
Re: Is 28yrs Old Too Late To Start Programming, And I Don't Know Nothing About It by LikeAking: 11:34am On Aug 26, 2021
Exkandayee:

How you dey use pass many practices?

Build a simple stuff.

Like age calculator,

Money exchange, etc.

Phython is not the way for a new bee.

Start with CSS, HTML and JS.

1 Like

Re: Is 28yrs Old Too Late To Start Programming, And I Don't Know Nothing About It by ProGSM(m): 6:56am On Aug 27, 2021
You can start at 50... It doesn't matter, my brother.

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Money On Tiktok Without Creator Fund / JS AND Cpp Boys Will Be Upset By This / Guru Should React To This Pls!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.