Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,886 members, 7,814,001 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:02 AM

A Bowl Of Noodles From A Stranger - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Bowl Of Noodles From A Stranger (166 Views)

Donnie McClurkin Calls Super Bowl Halftime Performance "Absolutely Fantastic" / Advice: The Mysterious Message A Stranger Shared With Me. / Truth Is Stranger Than Fiction - Spirituality As A Possible Decoy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Bowl Of Noodles From A Stranger by SonofIssachar: 1:39am On Aug 25, 2021
That night, Sue quarrelled with her mother, then stormed out of the house. While en route, she remembered that she did not have any money in her pocket, she did not even have enough coins to make a phone call home.

At the same time, she walked into a noodle shop, picking up sweet fragrance, she suddenly felt very hungry. She wished for a bowl of noodles, but she had no money!

The seller saw her standing before the counter and asked:

– Hey, young lady, you want to eat a bowl of noodles?

– But … but I did not carry money … she shyly replied.

– Okay, I’ll treat you – the seller said – come in, I will cook you a bowl.

A few minutes later the owner brought her a steaming bowl of noodles. After she took some spoons, Sue began to cry.

– What is it? – He asked.

– Nothing. I am just touched by your kindness! – Sue said as she wiped her tears.

– Even a stranger on the street gives me a bowl of noodles, and my mother, after a quarrel, chased me out of the house. She is cruel!!

The seller sighed:

– Girl, why did you think so? Think again. I only gave you a bowl of noodles and you felt that way. Your mother had raised you since you were little, why were you not grateful and still disobeyed your mum?

Sue was really surprised at the seller’s question.

-Why did I not think of that? A bowl of noodles from a stranger made me feel indebted, and my mother has raised me since I was little and I have never felt so, even a little.

On the way home, Sue thought in her head what she would say to her mother when she arrives home: “Mom, I’m sorry. I know it is my fault, please forgive me … ”

Once up the steps, Sue saw her mother worried and tired of looking for her everywhere. Upon seeing Sue, her mother gently said: “Sue, come inside honey. You are probably very hungry. I cooked rice and prepared the meal already, come eat while it is still hot …”

Unable to control herself any longer, Sue cried in her mum’s arms.

In life, we sometimes easy to appreciate the small actions of some people around us, but for relatives, especially parents, we see their sacrifices as a natural thing.

Parental love and concern are the most precious gifts we have been given since birth.

Parents do not expect us to pay back for nurturing us …… but have we ever appreciated or treasure the unconditional sacrifice of our parents?

Meditation: But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. – Rom 5:8 (NIV)

You will succeed because Jesus loves You!

Also read:

Essence Of Family
Gratitude for the Little Things
Uncommon Courtesy (Adapted)
Re: A Bowl Of Noodles From A Stranger by KaideeGee(m): 7:37am On Aug 25, 2021
Thank you so much.

1 Like

Re: A Bowl Of Noodles From A Stranger by Adamgeneral12: 8:00am On Aug 25, 2021
For my own side you enter one chance na you go face am by your self undecided

I have seen how parents are fighting and protecting their children but for me na oyo , na me go hustle na me go see money na me go carry my self go hospital na me go dey find solution up and down, you eat hmm you no eat hmm, they bully you outside hmm na you bully someone hmm, you see what you don't understand hmm you see what you know hmm, just bring money come home they don't want to know how you fill, may be you fill the pain non of their business undecided even if you loose your memory non of their business non of their business non of their business you just go hustle and bring money come home undecided

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Do You Want Sharia Law Implemented All Over Nigeria? / You Can't Please Man So Please God. / Rapture!!! Why She Couldn't Make It.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.