Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,175 members, 7,821,982 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

Founder Of All-girls School In Afghanistan Escapes With Students And Burns Recor - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Founder Of All-girls School In Afghanistan Escapes With Students And Burns Recor (4156 Views)

Why Do Some School Teachers Sleep With Students? / Meet Sackey Percy Ghanaian Dancing Teacher Who Dances With Students After Class / N5000 For Sex With Students Of FGGC Langtang Plateau: Security Guards Connection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Founder Of All-girls School In Afghanistan Escapes With Students And Burns Recor by AsabaPropertyAg(m): 7:23am On Aug 25, 2021
Founder of all-girls school in Afghanistan escapes with students and burns records
Barnini Chakraborty
Tue, August 24, 2021, 8:14 PM

Founder of all-girls school in Afghanistan escapes with students and burns records

The co-founder of the only all-girls private boarding school in Afghanistan said Tuesday that nearly 250 students, faculty, staff, and family members had made it out of the war-torn country and will temporarily resettle in Rwanda for a "semester abroad" for the entire study body.

"SOLA (School of Leadership, Afghanistan) is resettling, but our resettlement is not permanent," Shabana Basij-Rasikh tweeted. "A semester abroad is exactly what we're planning. When circumstances on the ground permit, we hope to return home to Afghanistan."

Basij-Rasikh also thanked the governments of Qatar, Rwanda, and the United States for helping the girls escape.

"My heart breaks for my country," she added. "I've stood in Kabul, and I've seen the fear, and the anger, and the ferocious bravery of the Afghan people. I look at my students, and I see the faces of the millions of Afghan girls, just like them, who remain behind."

Basij-Rasikh tweeted videos of herself Friday burning the academic records and files of the young women at her school amid the terror of what a return to Taliban rule could mean for women. Basij-Rasikh said she burned the documents to protect students and their families from the terror group.

"In March 2002, after the fall of Taliban, thousands of Afghan girls were invited to go to the nearest public school to participate in a placement test because the Taliban had burned all female students' records to erase their existence. I was one of those girls," Basij-Rasikh said. "Nearly 20 years later, as the founder of the only all-girls boarding school in Afghanistan, I'm burning my students' records not to erase them, but to protect them and their families."

Since seizing control of Afghanistan, the Taliban have attempted to reshape their image and portray themselves to Western reporters as a kinder, gentler extremist group that will respect women's rights within the limits of Shariah, though they provided no details of their new reading of Islamic law. When the Taliban were last in power in the 1990s, their hard-line stance led to the severe mistreatment of women. Women had become second-class citizens with very few, if any, rights. Girls were yanked out of school. And if that weren't enough, nearly all of the schools were either blown up or bullet-ridden.

Basij-Rasikh, who was born and raised in Kabul, was only 6 years old when the Taliban forbade girls from receiving an education.

Rather than giving in to their demands, her family dressed her and her sister up as boys and sent them to a secret school for girls in Kabul. They knew the stakes were high, and if caught, they could be killed. But they also knew the importance of education.

Basij-Rasikh attended high school in the United States through the YES exchange program and graduated magna cum laude in 2010 from Middlebury College in Vermont. After graduating, she returned to her homeland and co-founded SOLA, the first-of-its-kind Afghan-led private boarding school for girls.

Since the Taliban takeover, she has been pleading with the outside world to keep the girls stuck in Afghanistan in their minds.

"Those girls cannot leave, and you cannot look away. If there's one thing I ask of the world, it is this: Do not avert your eyes from Afg. Don't let your attention wander as the weeks pass. See those girls, & in doing so you will hold those holding power over them to account," she said.
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Founder Of All-girls School In Afghanistan Escapes With Students And Burns Recor by caesymore(m): 7:28am On Aug 25, 2021
Sharp Woman. History will never forget such doggedness.

This life no Balance at all, See the stress and risk taken in regards to gaining Education in Afghan,
breaks my heart to know that this same Edu. is worth less in my country for same gender were it seems Clito-curreny rules.

FTC Dedicated to all those Ladies working their ass out absent the Clito effect to make ends meet, may Bros J bless una hustle.

8 Likes

Re: Founder Of All-girls School In Afghanistan Escapes With Students And Burns Recor by Nobody: 7:29am On Aug 25, 2021
Okay nice one

1 Like

Re: Founder Of All-girls School In Afghanistan Escapes With Students And Burns Recor by phorget(m): 7:44am On Aug 25, 2021
The beauty of Islam...

3 Likes

Re: Founder Of All-girls School In Afghanistan Escapes With Students And Burns Recor by Unruly7(m): 8:14am On Aug 25, 2021
Islam's running away from Islam rule
No be juju be that

18 Likes

Re: Founder Of All-girls School In Afghanistan Escapes With Students And Burns Recor by Wawelexy(m): 8:20am On Aug 25, 2021
Kudos to that great woman, else, most of those girls might have end up being a second or third wife to those blood sucking terrorist bearing numerous kids that would also be a threat to the universe.

1 Like

Re: Founder Of All-girls School In Afghanistan Escapes With Students And Burns Recor by BabbanBura(m): 8:30am On Aug 25, 2021
Nice one from this courageous woman!
Re: Founder Of All-girls School In Afghanistan Escapes With Students And Burns Recor by Mutemenot(m): 8:43am On Aug 25, 2021
and they 'll still keep to the same relationship that is murdering them
Re: Founder Of All-girls School In Afghanistan Escapes With Students And Burns Recor by Majestickris7: 9:16am On Aug 25, 2021
The beauty of what again.... are the Talibans not Islam?

Beauty kill u there!!!

phorget:
The beauty of Islam...

1 Like

Re: Founder Of All-girls School In Afghanistan Escapes With Students And Burns Recor by arthurwillia(m): 9:30am On Aug 25, 2021
Now they have left you behind
Re: Founder Of All-girls School In Afghanistan Escapes With Students And Burns Recor by delzbaba(m): 9:33am On Aug 25, 2021
caesymore:

This life no Balance at all, See the stress and risk taken in regards to gaining Education in Afghan,
breaks my heart to know that this same Edu. is worth less in my country for same gender were it seems Clito-curreny rules.

FTC Dedicated to all those Ladies working their ass out absent the Clito effect to make ends meet, may Bros J bless una hustle.
on a serious note, too much weed is affecting you, i will advice you seriously reduce your intake.
Re: Founder Of All-girls School In Afghanistan Escapes With Students And Burns Recor by obyrich(m): 9:46am On Aug 25, 2021
Unruly7:
No be juju be that
Bros na big juju

3 Likes

Re: Founder Of All-girls School In Afghanistan Escapes With Students And Burns Recor by Postgraduatengr: 9:54am On Aug 25, 2021
Wise decision. The earlier the better.

Taliban, Book haram and Bandit are united by Islam and hatred for education.

1 Like

Re: Founder Of All-girls School In Afghanistan Escapes With Students And Burns Recor by ezraball100: 10:02am On Aug 25, 2021
After specifying experience and writing a sop skills, describe in detail why you think you are the right person for this position and what you can offer the employer. Perhaps you are excellently versed in the field of activity of the enterprise, are just now studying this specialty, or are simply incredibly interested in getting this job. If you are trying your hand at competition for a position that does not match your education or previous work experience, then a cover letter is the place to justify how, despite a previous career path, you plan to cope with this job. Let's say you are planning to continue your studies, or this is a place of work where you can immediately learn everything you need.
Re: Founder Of All-girls School In Afghanistan Escapes With Students And Burns Recor by moriss33(m): 10:10am On Aug 25, 2021
She is better than the afgan president who left with cash only

4 Likes

Re: Founder Of All-girls School In Afghanistan Escapes With Students And Burns Recor by Nobody: 10:11am On Aug 25, 2021
islambad
Re: Founder Of All-girls School In Afghanistan Escapes With Students And Burns Recor by moriss33(m): 10:11am On Aug 25, 2021
He was just being sarcastic buh u missed it
Majestickris7:

Beauty kill u there!!!

Re: Founder Of All-girls School In Afghanistan Escapes With Students And Burns Recor by Teerach: 10:13am On Aug 25, 2021
They fill other nations and begin to demand for the same haram they ran away from. I'm not finding this their exit funny anymore.
They've all refused to be enlightened.... It's only a matter of time before they begin to clamour for their muslim shitz.

2 Likes

Re: Founder Of All-girls School In Afghanistan Escapes With Students And Burns Recor by talk2hb1(m): 10:40am On Aug 25, 2021
Tooh
Re: Founder Of All-girls School In Afghanistan Escapes With Students And Burns Recor by Oche211(m): 10:49am On Aug 25, 2021
What a world...
It's disheartening to see Islamic terrorists and jihadists tear our world apart.

1 Like

Re: Founder Of All-girls School In Afghanistan Escapes With Students And Burns Recor by KillingIsFun: 11:06am On Aug 25, 2021
I think he was being sarcastic....

Majestickris7:

Beauty kill u there!!!

Re: Founder Of All-girls School In Afghanistan Escapes With Students And Burns Recor by JovialJune(f): 11:22am On Aug 25, 2021
The Talibans shouldn't have allowed anyone especially females leave the country, they chose the Islamic religion, so they must stay and strictly adhere to the rules of Islam.

2 Likes

Re: Founder Of All-girls School In Afghanistan Escapes With Students And Burns Recor by Crossroad1(m): 11:25am On Aug 25, 2021
When I think deeply about this world, I get confused most times.
Look at the caliber of rich people, they are not religious.
Most poor people are religious..
Some struggle throughout their lifetime while some had it easy throughout their lifetime..
Some became mad
Some incapacitated
Some died by accident and I wonder, is this world some sort of game that unfolds as as we evolve?

Pls advice me
https://www.nairaland.com/6719025/father-1million-confused-life
Re: Founder Of All-girls School In Afghanistan Escapes With Students And Burns Recor by LikeAking: 11:30am On Aug 25, 2021
This woman self get sense, pass the Afgan solders.
Re: Founder Of All-girls School In Afghanistan Escapes With Students And Burns Recor by Nobody: 11:51am On Aug 25, 2021
caesymore:

They (some) pay and live life on clits
Naija girls will give you so far you buy Indomie, egg is not compulsory.
Even if you thrust and drop like Indomie
You money is the only necessity to curm-in
Don't mind her shouting 'stopeet'
she means dig it, thrusting, never stop it.

I wanna write a story... who born this Naija leeches ?? but i never get time, and since I won't have time to dig my grave, i need money to dig more of it.

Drabeey was Here

1 Like

Re: Founder Of All-girls School In Afghanistan Escapes With Students And Burns Recor by PARADIZEPRIEST: 1:25pm On Aug 25, 2021
IT'S SO REVEALING AND HIGH PERPLEXING HOW PEOPLE REASON HERE WITH THE EXTREMISTS MINDSETS. HUMANS, WE ARE NOT ALONE,THERE ARE INDEED ALIENS AMONG US. angry
Re: Founder Of All-girls School In Afghanistan Escapes With Students And Burns Recor by PARADIZEPRIEST: 1:27pm On Aug 25, 2021
Postgraduatengr:
Wise decision. The earlier the better.

Taliban, Book haram and Bandit are united by Islam and hatred for education.
YET THEY USE CLOTHS AND EQUIPMENTS PRODUCED BY EDUCATION. THEY ARE JUST DEVIOUS CRIMINALS USING FLIMZY EXCUSE TO COMMIT CRIME. JUST LIKE FAKE PASTORS USING THE SCRIPTURE VERSES TO EXTORT IGNORANT FOLLOWERS undecided
Re: Founder Of All-girls School In Afghanistan Escapes With Students And Burns Recor by jidobaba(m): 1:54pm On Aug 25, 2021
Unruly7:
No be juju be that
It boggles the mind. One of the earliest lessons you learn in life is that you will have to fight for yourself. 9 times out of 10, there is no messiah coming.
Isn't it suspicious that America chose the harder option of evacuating Afghan refugees rather than maintain the military occupation? Abi the spoils of war nor do them again? Now same Afghan that don't want American soldiers are running to America for better life. They are simply terrorists-in-waiting. Na the American civilians go hear am. Shebi na them vote one world order.

No terrorist org flourishes without the tacit support of the Governments. None. The politicians have always used them to sow fear and inflate the budget whilst keeping control of the people.
Re: Founder Of All-girls School In Afghanistan Escapes With Students And Burns Recor by FEGNO: 3:56pm On Aug 25, 2021
And this is what our Northern brothers are jubilating over. Someone remind me please, what exactly are we doing together in one space with such people?
Re: Founder Of All-girls School In Afghanistan Escapes With Students And Burns Recor by Lamasta(m): 6:17pm On Aug 25, 2021
Mama for the girls a true hero she is.....Hope she planned adequate preparation for the girls

(1) (2) (Reply)

See Why Nysc Should Be Scrapped (photo) / Mistake In Jamb Name Affects My Name In Uniport Merit List / Reedof Elect As Unilorin Sug President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.