Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,689 members, 7,831,131 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:12 PM

Okocha Vs Messi Who Is The Better Player ? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Okocha Vs Messi Who Is The Better Player ? (1614 Views)

Messi ‘made Me Better Player’, Says Ronaldo / Arsenal Will Sign 'better Player' If Aubameyang Completes Transfer To Man Utd / Team Okocha Vs Carles Puyol - 2 - 5 (Full Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okocha Vs Messi Who Is The Better Player ? by techgeniusworld(m): 7:55am On Aug 25, 2021
Better Player Okocha. Better Goal Scorer Messi. At least Okocha was not afraid to take on Denmark in 1998. I have never seen Messi Perform when his team Collapses. Okocha took on Denmark when Nigeria totally Collapsed. Okocha a Real Man. A True Nigerian. And when it comes to Dribbling Pele, Maradona and Ronaldo De Lima are distant to Okocha. If you do not believe check YouTube. Type Okocha and Click the Magnifying Glass for Search.
Re: Okocha Vs Messi Who Is The Better Player ? by Kingcalls: 7:58am On Aug 25, 2021
Messi

1 Like

Re: Okocha Vs Messi Who Is The Better Player ? by phr0nesis(m): 8:02am On Aug 25, 2021
Such a stupid question. I'm not a Messi fan but this comparison annoys me and your point is baseless

3 Likes

Re: Okocha Vs Messi Who Is The Better Player ? by EmptyGarden(m): 8:04am On Aug 25, 2021
Okocha was great, but didn't take football as seriously as Messi did. It felt like football was a joke to Okocha.
Re: Okocha Vs Messi Who Is The Better Player ? by techgeniusworld(m): 8:06am On Aug 25, 2021
Kingcalls:
Messi

Thank You for you Comment. I appreciate your kind and honest contribution.
Okocha actually taught Ronaldinho so many skills when they were both at PSG . You can type " Okocha Ronaldinho " on Google to confirm this. Ronaldinho won World Footballer and Okocha never won African footballer. I humbly ask you to check out Okocha on YouTube and a Grave injustice has been done on an extremely humble person. Thank God for Liverpool's Klopp who said Okochas Goal against Kahn is the Best Goal Ever in the Bundesliga.
A prophet is without honour in his hometown and a black phophet may be discredited in the next town because of his skin.
Re: Okocha Vs Messi Who Is The Better Player ? by techgeniusworld(m): 8:09am On Aug 25, 2021
EmptyGarden:
Okocha was great, but didn't take football as seriously as Messi did. It felt like football was a joke to Okocha.

Thank You for your comment. I used to think the same thing too, until I started watching videos of Okocha on YouTube two months ago. It's like we may have used our normal Anti Anything Nigerian Lense to watch him. Bolton Fans have crowned him their Maradona.
Re: Okocha Vs Messi Who Is The Better Player ? by OJEEMAH(m): 8:13am On Aug 25, 2021
techgeniusworld:

Okocha actually taught Ronaldinho so many skills when they were both at PSG . You can type " Okocha Ronaldinho " on Google to confirm this. Ronaldinho won World Footballer and Okocha never won African footballer. I humbly ask you to check out Okocha on YouTube and a Grave injustice has been done on an extremely humble person. Thank God for Liverpool's Klopp who said Okochas Goal against Kahn is the Best Goal Ever in the Bundesliga.
A prophet is without honour in his hometown and a black phophet may be discredited in the next town because of his skin.
Baba na grammar you just dey blow.......Okocha cannot be compared to Zidane, Van Basten, Cruyff, Ronaldinho, Ronaldo De Lima, CR7 & Messi. The fact that Dinho learnt some kills from him does not make him any better.............Klopp may be right about that goal but does that make him better than Muller? Before you mention racism, do not also forget George Weah won FIFA World Best Player and Eto was once nominated. Kindly tell me what stopped Okocha from reaching the heights of every great player? Its simply because, he was busy dribbling and showcasing skills while others were seriously getting the job done for their respective teams.

Abeg no dey mention Okocha where these great footballers dey.

4 Likes

Re: Okocha Vs Messi Who Is The Better Player ? by Nbotee(m): 8:14am On Aug 25, 2021
techgeniusworld:

Some of U will dumbly play the racism card jus to raise unnecessary sentiments... George Weah an African won the Ballon Dor playing in a racist country. A player without results is nothing but an entertainer. Ronaldinho came in and benched Okocha becos he was producing results. Okocha won the BBC African Footballer of the Year for having his most productive year as a player with Bolton Wanderers

2 Likes

Re: Okocha Vs Messi Who Is The Better Player ? by Mosopzy23: 8:14am On Aug 25, 2021
Is football about skills alone?

A prophet is without honour in his hometown and a black phophet may be discredited in the next town because of his skin.[/quote]
Re: Okocha Vs Messi Who Is The Better Player ? by madridguy(m): 8:16am On Aug 25, 2021
@ the bold grin Are you sure you watch the match at all? I mean watch it live? Because the curse Okocha received that day alone is reason he didn't win a single Africa best player.

techgeniusworld:
Better Player Okocha. Better Goal Scorer Messi. At least Okocha was not afraid to take on Denmark in 1998. I have never seen Messi Perform when his team Collapses. [b]Okocha took on Denmark when Nigeria totally Collapsed. [/b]Okocha a Real Man. A True Nigerian. And when it comes to Dribbling Pele, Maradona and Ronaldo De Lima are distant to Okocha. If you do not believe check YouTube. Type Okocha and Click the Magnifying Glass for Search.

1 Like

Re: Okocha Vs Messi Who Is The Better Player ? by Nbotee(m): 8:18am On Aug 25, 2021
techgeniusworld:
Better Player Okocha. Better Goal Scorer Messi. At least Okocha was not afraid to take on Denmark in 1998. I have never seen Messi Perform when his team Collapses. Okocha took on Denmark when Nigeria totally Collapsed. Okocha a Real Man. A True Nigerian. And when it comes to Dribbling Pele, Maradona and Ronaldo De Lima are distant to Okocha. If you do not believe check YouTube. Type Okocha and Click the Magnifying Glass for Search.

We know U are a Ronaldo fan.. Did U know Okocha taking on Denmark players was why Nigeria lost that match 4 - 1... Please remind us d criteria for determining a good player.. Oh I forgot U already mentioned dribbling, dat shows how much U know about football. Mayb U should be watching freestyle tournaments instead of football matches

2 Likes

Re: Okocha Vs Messi Who Is The Better Player ? by Kingcalls: 8:20am On Aug 25, 2021
techgeniusworld:

Story...no b person teach okocha football?? Ronaldinho used his skills to win the world cup and his skills got him signed to Barca while okochas skill got him Bolton... the rest is history

2 Likes

Re: Okocha Vs Messi Who Is The Better Player ? by Kingcalls: 8:25am On Aug 25, 2021
techgeniusworld:

Thank You for your comment. I used to think the same thing too, until I started watching videos of Okocha on YouTube two months ago. It's like we may have used our normal Anti Anything Nigerian Lense to watch him. Bolton Fans have crowned him their Maradona.

In those youtube videos, how many top teams did he face ?? Whats his champions league performance like when he played for PSG?? I dont even think he scored upto 3 CL goals... Ronaldinho, Messi, eto all better than okocha

1 Like

Re: Okocha Vs Messi Who Is The Better Player ? by paulolee(m): 8:31am On Aug 25, 2021
see Wetin person de talk about like say na comedy...
even okocha himself cnt say dis..
African players dt played with messi CNT say this..
okocha isnt even known in African football wen comparing to the likes of drogba, yaya n Eto but na a global messi u wan use compare am..
so skills now make a player better?? enter google n check so many brazilians with madt skills BT ended up no were..

2 Likes

Re: Okocha Vs Messi Who Is The Better Player ? by Great100000: 9:46am On Aug 25, 2021
Dem don start, so it's no more CR7, it's now Okocha, na wa 4 some people oooooooo.

This question dey make me vex sef, from CR7 and it's now Okocha, b4 this season ends it will be Messi vs George Weah, Messi vs Lingard.

Okocha is a great player and I really love seeing him play with all those Dribbles and Skills but with all round play he no reach that Dwarf level.

1 Like

Re: Okocha Vs Messi Who Is The Better Player ? by Uyi168: 10:04am On Aug 25, 2021
Messi right weaker foot is bigger than okocha career.

3 Likes

Re: Okocha Vs Messi Who Is The Better Player ? by MaxiB1242: 11:20am On Aug 25, 2021
Yeye dey smell..
Messi weak right foot is better than Okocha and the whole of Nigeria football federation
Before you quote me.. go check 2004 under 20 world cup Argentina Vs Nigeria, Olympic 2009 Argentina Vs Nigeria, 2018 world cup qualifier Argentina Vs Nigeria
Then you will come back to your senses

1 Like

Re: Okocha Vs Messi Who Is The Better Player ? by kenzysmith: 11:34am On Aug 25, 2021
Op u are a mad man for comparing a GLK to tortoise car , person wey no even win apty to messi
Re: Okocha Vs Messi Who Is The Better Player ? by Tmo4: 12:13pm On Aug 25, 2021
To start with, will you in ur right sense consider Okocha as a footballer? Pls, who's Okocha to be compared with Messi! Will u even want to compare Okocha with mikel.
Re: Okocha Vs Messi Who Is The Better Player ? by Kingcalls: 12:42pm On Aug 25, 2021
Tmo4:
To start with, will you in ur right sense consider Okocha as a footballer? Pls, who's Okocha to be compared with Messi! Will u even want to compare Okocha with mikel.

Okocha better pass milel like from lagos reach London abeg
Re: Okocha Vs Messi Who Is The Better Player ? by MikeMicheal(m): 12:59pm On Aug 25, 2021
FOOLISH QUESTION.
MESSI AND THAT LOCAL CHAMPION ARE NOT MATE.

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Ronaldo Fans Like This?? / Breaking! Camp Nou Is Destroy (photo) / Seydou Doumbia - The New King Of African Soccer!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.