Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,608 members, 7,958,845 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 05:34 AM

How Igbos Can Make Igboland The Most Industrialized Region Of Africa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Igbos Can Make Igboland The Most Industrialized Region Of Africa (1388 Views)

Look Beyond Your Beautiful Mansions & Make Igboland LIVABLE - Okonjo-iweala / How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo / Anambra Or Abia:which Is More Industrialized. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Igbos Can Make Igboland The Most Industrialized Region Of Africa by proeast(m): 10:22am On Aug 25, 2021
*Example Goldworth manufacturing partnership with Solstan Nig. Ltd

It is no longer a secret that Igbos are not just a uniquely enterprising people but also highly gifted. Many reports have clearly stated the prowess of Igbos and even the staunchest critics would agree to that. However, Igbos are yet to fully leverage their potentials to turn our region into Africa's foremost industrial and production zone.

Truth be told, Igbos haven't done badly for their region. A place that was devastated and made desolate when the civil war ended in 1970 has transformed itself since then and is now faring better, pound for pound against other zones in Nigeria despite several impediments and stumbling block in their way. Unlike SW that is leveraging Lagos and core North that is leveraging federal government biased investments, SE has only themselves to build their region. Luckily for us, we have the capacity to even get far ahead of others in not just Nigeria but Africa.

Igbos are in control of a very important sector in Subsaharan Africa i.e trade and commerce. We have launched our tentacles all over Nigeria and beyond, and we keep moving!

Personally, I often look at the manufacturing address of any product before buying it and I give more priority to any product manufactured in the East before others in Nigeria or abroad. So, I looked at baby wipes my wife bought for our baby and was impressed at what I saw:

"Produced by Goldworth manufacturing company Ltd Enugu for Solstan Nig. Ltd trade Fair complex Lagos"

Solstan Nig. Ltd did not give this contract to any other company in Lagos but he came down to East, and gave it to a factory based in Enugu, Igboland! There are so many other "Solstans" based in Lagos, Kano, Abuja, Accra, Doula, P.H, or Bamako etc but they end up using companies that are not based in the East. This is not good for us in the long run, whether we remain in Nigeria or we are to get Biafra. If Innoson can build his plants in Nnewi, if Solstan can come all the way from Lagos to give this contract to an Enugu based factory, then nobody has excuse not to establish or partner with companies/industries based in the East.

If only 70% of our importers, manufacturers and distributers can follow the example of Solstan and Innoson, it will only take a short while before Igboland will overtake the Lagos region as the foremost industrial hub in Nigeria. When I'm talking about Igboland, I mean all SE and parts of Igbo speaking SS like Asaba BUT EXCLUDING P.H. I frown at Igbo investments in P.H same way I frown at Igbo investments in the North or elsewhere.

If the Jews and Chinese can achieve it then we Igbos can achieve it too!

3 Likes

Re: How Igbos Can Make Igboland The Most Industrialized Region Of Africa by mrvitalis(m): 10:34am On Aug 25, 2021
proeast:

It is no longer a secret that Igbos are not just a uniquely enterprising people but also highly gifted. Many reports have clearly stated the prowess of Igbos and even the staunchest critics would agree to that. However, Igbos are yet to fully leverage their potentials to turn our region into Africa's foremost industrial and production zone.

Truth be told, Igbos haven't done badly for their region. A place that was devastated and made desolate when the civil war ended in 1970 has transformed itself since then and is now faring better, pound for pound against other zones in Nigeria despite several impediments and stumbling block in their way. Unlike SW that is leveraging Lagos and core North that is leveraging federal government biased investments, SE has only themselves to build their region. Luckily for us, we have the capacity to even get far ahead of others in not just Nigeria but Africa.

Igbos are in control of a very important sector in Subsaharan Africa i.e trade and commerce. We have launched our tentacles all over Nigeria and beyond, and we keep moving!

Personally, I often look at the manufacturing address of any product before buying it and I give more priority to any product manufactured in the East before others in Nigeria or abroad. So, I looked at baby wipes my wife bought for our baby and was impressed at what I saw:

"Produced by Goldworth manufacturing company Ltd Enugu for Solstan Nig. Ltd trade Fair complex Lagos"

Solstan Nig. Ltd did not give this contract to any other company in Lagos but he came down to East, and gave it to a factory based in Enugu, Igboland! There are so many other "Solstans" based in Lagos, Kano, Abuja, Accra, Doula, P.H, or Bamako etc but they end up using companies that are not based in the East. This is not good for us in the long run, whether we remain in Nigeria or we are to get Biafra. If Innoson can build his plants in Nnewi, if Solstan can come all the way from Lagos to give this contract to an Enugu based factory, then nobody has excuse not to establish or partner with companies/industries based in the East.

If only 70% of our importers, manufacturers and distributers can follow the example of Solstan and Innoson, it will only take a short while before Igboland will overtake the Lagos region as the foremost industrial hub in Nigeria. When I'm talking about Igboland, I mean all SE and parts of Igbo speaking SS like Asaba BUT EXCLUDING P.H. I frown at Igbo investments in P.H same way I frown at Igbo investments in the North or elsewhere.

U obviously haven't ran a manufacturering business in Nigeria ..I have and believe u me it's as if all policy are out to make u fail

Getting dollar as an igbo man is hard
Clearing your machines from port is war
Transportation to east is battle
Electricity in the east is poor n no gas pipeline like u have in OTA so companies can produce their own power easily

9 Likes

Re: How Igbos Can Make Igboland The Most Industrialized Region Of Africa by proeast(m): 11:02am On Aug 25, 2021
mrvitalis:

U obviously haven't ran a manufacturering business in Nigeria ..I have and believe u me it's as if all policy are out to make u fail

Electricity in the east is poor n no gas pipeline like u have in OTA so companies can produce their own power easily

To be honest with you, this your comment is very unfortunate to say the least.

Who told you there is no gas pipeline to Aba? Shell built gas pipelines that is currently supplying gas to both industries and power generating companies like Geometric!

Geometric in Aba is also supplying electricity to industries in Aba! I don't think Ota has it any better than Aba in terms of gas or electricity supply!!

What has getting dollar as an Igbo man got to do with where you site your industry? Would they start supplying you dollars if you build in Lagos instead of Onitsha?

Did you say transportation? But I gave you an example of a company that is based in Lagos but gets its products from a factory that is based in Enugu, so how do they transport their own goods??

I hate when people only complain and give excuses instead of being bold and confronting challenges. If Innoson has your type of mindset, he would have built his vehicle plants in Ogun state too.

Gosh, Igbos don't need people with your type of mindset!!

10 Likes

Re: How Igbos Can Make Igboland The Most Industrialized Region Of Africa by joeyfire(m): 12:06pm On Aug 25, 2021
Once we have a rail line that circumnavigates Onitsha-Owerri-Aba-Abakaliki-Enugu it's game over cool

1 Like

Re: How Igbos Can Make Igboland The Most Industrialized Region Of Africa by swagana: 12:18pm On Aug 25, 2021
proeast:

Who told you there is no gas pipeline to Aba? Shell built gas pipelines that is currently supplying gas to both industries and power generating companies like Geometric!

Geometric in Aba is also supplying electricity to industries in Aba! I don't think Ota has it any better than Aba in terms of gas or electricity supply!!

What has getting dollar as an Igbo man got to do with where you site your industry? Would they start supplying you dollars if you build in Lagos instead of Onitsha?

Did you say transportation? But I gave you an example of a company that is based in Lagos but gets its products from a factory that is based in Enugu, so how do they transport their own goods??

I hate when people only complain and give excuses instead of being bold and confronting challenges. If Innoson has your type of mindset, he would have built his vehicle plants in Ogun state too.

That is the mindset of every IPob member.
For them it is Biafra project that won't come in the next fifty years or more.

2 Likes

Re: How Igbos Can Make Igboland The Most Industrialized Region Of Africa by theInterpreter: 12:20pm On Aug 25, 2021
Until you go back to Igboland, and think

It will remain impossible

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbos Can Make Igboland The Most Industrialized Region Of Africa by LegalWolf: 12:22pm On Aug 25, 2021
This post is borne out of love for your region and/or ethnic group rather than economics. I perfectly understand your motive and call to action and to an extent, it is commendable.

However, I think I have an issue with your last statement which is “frowning at Igbo investment in PH and the North”. The purpose of doing business is primarily to make profit. Other considerations like employing family/tribe, creating jobs, etc. are secondary. If the business is not viable, one can’t achieve other dreams.

Even the Jews invested heavily in Europe and America. Most of the wealth of Jews come from Europe and America than from Israel. If they hadn’t invested in these communities, Israel would never have been what it is today.

That said, what you said is your opinion and you’re entitled to it. But personally, I feel there’s no basis for the PH and Northern hatred. Most ibos in PH and the North are okay and it is those who had never been to the North that always hold negative views

2 Likes

Re: How Igbos Can Make Igboland The Most Industrialized Region Of Africa by theInterpreter: 12:22pm On Aug 25, 2021
proeast:

you can see how your brothers think

It's pathetic
They must blame everyone else but themselves

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbos Can Make Igboland The Most Industrialized Region Of Africa by Idiko1: 12:46pm On Aug 25, 2021
mrvitalis:

You are correct!! Industries cannot thrive if the nearness to resources and good network of roads remain absent. Ndigbo need a seaport in Igboland or in a state without influence of elements or characters such as Ijaw or Ikwerre. The electricity and gas pipeline should be removed as exclusive domain of federal government. Governmental policies are major killers of industrial growth.

1 Like

Re: How Igbos Can Make Igboland The Most Industrialized Region Of Africa by Investigative: 1:52pm On Aug 25, 2021
proeast:

Coming from a lazy dude who never manage any business or engage in any trade in his life is advising igbos on how to...while his domain is full of terrorists and bandits,
Igbos that bounced back after the civil war
nairaland is becoming a mediocre
Imagine this one that is not fit to be a gate keeper in any igbo own business is typing shit because he have an account on nairaland

1 Like

Re: How Igbos Can Make Igboland The Most Industrialized Region Of Africa by oyatz(m): 2:20pm On Aug 25, 2021
joeyfire:
Once we have a rail line that circumnavigates Onitsha-Owerri-Aba-Abakaliki-Enugu it's game over cool

I thought it will be game over if we have a seaport in Port-Harcourt, Calabar and Warri?

1 Like

Re: How Igbos Can Make Igboland The Most Industrialized Region Of Africa by Brimstone77: 3:46pm On Aug 25, 2021
swagana:

That is the mindset of every IPob member.
For them it is Biafra project that won't come in the next fifty years or more.
this is a meaningful thread...carry your nonsense to another thread please..

3 Likes

Re: How Igbos Can Make Igboland The Most Industrialized Region Of Africa by swagana: 3:50pm On Aug 25, 2021
Brimstone77:
this is a meaningful thread...carry your nonsense to another thread please..

You should tell that to mrvitalis not me.
Re: How Igbos Can Make Igboland The Most Industrialized Region Of Africa by ImmaculateJOE(m): 4:08pm On Aug 25, 2021
@proeast.
I must admit that you have so much love for Ndigbo with good innovative ideas to develop it.

But nairaland is not the best place where the right ears can hear these ideas. Go to your state and connect yourself to the policy and decision markers or better still become one of them by joining politics.

1 Like

Re: How Igbos Can Make Igboland The Most Industrialized Region Of Africa by ImmaculateJOE(m): 4:27pm On Aug 25, 2021
Investigative:

Coming from a lazy dude who never manage any business or engage in any trade in his life is advising igbos on how to...while his domain is full of terrorists and bandits,
Igbos that bounced back after the civil war
nairaland is becoming a mediocre
Imagine this one that is not fit to be a gate keeper in any igbo own business is typing shit because he have an account on nairaland
Calm Nwa-nná, the moniker proeast is truly what he is PRO (in favour of) EAST.

He is a constructive criticizer.
Re: How Igbos Can Make Igboland The Most Industrialized Region Of Africa by orisa37: 5:42pm On Aug 25, 2021
It will be soon IJN AMEN.
Re: How Igbos Can Make Igboland The Most Industrialized Region Of Africa by BiafraInc: 5:46pm On Aug 25, 2021
Just shut up with your useless theory. Without Biafra, Igboland can never develop, let that sink into your idiotic slavery skull. The place you called nigeria was designed to stifle Igbo development and you must pull down the structure and establish Biafra before any progress can be made.

1 Like

Re: How Igbos Can Make Igboland The Most Industrialized Region Of Africa by buckeyemedia: 6:25pm On Aug 25, 2021
Idiko1:

You are correct!! Industries cannot thrive if the nearness to resources and good network of roads remain absent. Ndigbo need a seaport in Igboland or in a state without influence of elements or characters such as Ijaw or Ikwerre. The electricity and gas pipeline should be removed as exclusive domain of federal government. Governmental policies are major killers of industrial growth.
I guess it was an Hausa man that made the policies in your state? Always playing the victim without thinking.

2 Likes

Re: How Igbos Can Make Igboland The Most Industrialized Region Of Africa by buckeyemedia: 6:28pm On Aug 25, 2021
BiafraInc:
Just shut up with your useless theory. Without Biafra, Igboland can never develop, let that sink into your idiotic slavery skull. The place you called nigeria was designed to stifle Igbo development and you must pull down the structure and establish Biafra before any progress can be made.
Biafra is in Cameroon, the last of the treaty was the hand over of Bakassi Peninsula in 2004.
Re: How Igbos Can Make Igboland The Most Industrialized Region Of Africa by Idiko1: 6:41pm On Aug 25, 2021
buckeyemedia:
I guess it was an Hausa man that made the policies in your state? Always playing the victim without thinking.

Shut up your putrid mouth. You wrote like an ill-informed moronic Nigerian. There was no place the so-called nonsensical Hausa was mentioned in the post. Yet a goon could not wait to introduce Hausa to this discussion. How many Hausa peeps have the opportunity to govern a state talk less run a federal government? The adverse effect of government, especially draconian type such as Buhari led government, cannot be overemphasized with respect to economic growth or lack thereof.

4 Likes

Re: How Igbos Can Make Igboland The Most Industrialized Region Of Africa by Nobody: 6:45pm On Aug 25, 2021
proeast:

Geometric power Aba isn't functional ,but Aba has a vibrant gas supply pipeline to industries. It's challenge is a good road network (it's roads have improved but is still lacking).

In terms of manufacturing, The East ( Anambra &Aba) is second in Nigeria (only behind lagos-ogun-ibadan) ,and with the recent generation thinking home, we will get there.

We need in the East more competent leadership and quality content in our educationall curriculum ( Nigeria's curriculum is very deficient and states in the East should come up with there own).
The East needs more power plants (we have only alaoji in Aba) ,we need a rail corrider from Anambra to Aba at least, we also need proliferation of more gas pipelines to industrial regions.

The Anambra airport project and the seplat Assa north gas project will vastly change the Eastern economic dynamics and it's outlook to investors .we have to build on that

1 Like

Re: How Igbos Can Make Igboland The Most Industrialized Region Of Africa by joeyfire(m): 9:34pm On Aug 25, 2021
oyatz:

I thought it will be game over if we have a seaport in Port-Harcourt, Calabar and Warri?

If those ports were controlled by the owners of the land it would have been game over
Re: How Igbos Can Make Igboland The Most Industrialized Region Of Africa by Ubahjessica(f): 6:47am On Aug 26, 2021
I bring to you the official opening of IRI JI NDỊ NNEWI
NNEWI NEW YAM FESTIVAL that happened on the 25th of August 2021

Numerous traditional dance steps were seen
Wrestling �‍♂️ also happened
Display of masquerades too

https:///gX_X2tKE
Re: How Igbos Can Make Igboland The Most Industrialized Region Of Africa by Nobody: 8:19am On Aug 26, 2021
joeyfire:

If those ports were controlled by the owners of the land it would have been game over

The one sea port sees a lot of activities, but piracy discourages it being as busy as the Lagos port
Re: How Igbos Can Make Igboland The Most Industrialized Region Of Africa by joeyfire(m): 9:52am On Aug 26, 2021
eduj:

The one sea port sees a lot of activities, but piracy discourages it being as busy as the Lagos port

Once we have autonomy over those ports, those pirates will become redundant. Many will become security

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Massive Global IPOB Protests In Catalonia, Liverpool (video) Aggrie / Governor Nyesom Wike And Minister Niger Delta Affair, Drinking And Joking. / ESN: Why Is This Happening To Me ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.