Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,056 members, 7,818,164 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:19 AM

Plateau State Government Re - Imposes 24hrs Curfew In Jos North - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Plateau State Government Re - Imposes 24hrs Curfew In Jos North (463 Views)

Names Of 26 Travellers Killed In Jos North, 34 Others Still Missing / Lalong Orders 24-Hour Curfew In Jos North / 5days after:PDP wins Plàteau North, Bassa/Jos North Constituency inconclusive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Plateau State Government Re - Imposes 24hrs Curfew In Jos North by GRAMMARJAMES(m): 2:00pm On Aug 25, 2021
PLATEAU STATE GOVERNMENT RE-IMPOSES 24 HOUR COURFEW ON JOS NORTH LGA AFTER ATTACK ON YELWA ZANGAM VILLAGE.

Plateau State Government has reinstated the 24-hour curfew earlier relaxed in Jos North Local Government Area following growing tensions arising from the attack on Yelwa Zangam village of the Local Government where people were killed and properties destroyed.

According to Governor Simon Lalong, the 24 hour will come into force from 4pm, today Wednesday 25th August 2021 until further notice.

The proactive decision became necessary following eminent threat to lives and properties within the Local Government Area and the need to forestall the breakdown of law and order. It will also enable security agencies deploy appropriately to maintain security as the search for the attackers of the villagers continues.

The Governor has appealed to the citizens of Jos North to cooperate with the Government by abiding to the 24-hour curfew commencing 4pm, 25th August 2021, as security agencies have been mandated to ensure that those who violate the curfew are arrested.

Also, the 6pm to 6am curfew in Jos South and Bassa LGAs still remains in place until further notice. Only people on essential duties such as health personnel, journalists, fire service and para-military and others, are to be exempted from the curfew but should carry means of identification with them at all times.

The Governor is calling for calm as he is seriously grieved by the attacks. He again sympathises with the victims, but wants them to show restraint and allow Government to handle the matter to disallow hoodlums from taking advantage of the unfortunate situation to cause mayhem and destruction in the State.

Dr. Makut Simon Macham
Director of Press & Public Affairs to the Governor of Plateau State.
25th August 2021.

source - PRTVC Jos
Re: Plateau State Government Re - Imposes 24hrs Curfew In Jos North by modsfucker: 2:01pm On Aug 25, 2021
I really salute Jos guys for standing up against these bandits, but they should refrain from attacking unsuspecting persons, as that would erode every bit of sympathy people have for them.

1 Like

Re: Plateau State Government Re - Imposes 24hrs Curfew In Jos North by Rikze: 2:04pm On Aug 25, 2021
Q
Re: Plateau State Government Re - Imposes 24hrs Curfew In Jos North by mrvitalis(m): 2:05pm On Aug 25, 2021
modsfucker:
I really salute Jos guys for standing up against these bandits, but they should refrain from attacking unsuspecting persons, as that would erode every bit of sympathy people have for them.
Show me one innocent fulani ?

2 Likes

Re: Plateau State Government Re - Imposes 24hrs Curfew In Jos North by GRAMMARJAMES(m): 2:07pm On Aug 25, 2021
modsfucker:

Appologies sir, i disagree with you. you know how vulnurable plateau crisis can be, any small thing it has turned to Religious crisis and the innocent Muslim and Christians will be affected.

Best approach lets love leads and continue to pray for PEACE,.

We JOS WAN PEACE

1 Like

Re: Plateau State Government Re - Imposes 24hrs Curfew In Jos North by modsfucker: 2:08pm On Aug 25, 2021
mrvitalis:

Show me one innocent fulani ?

The commuters killed in Gada-Biyu are innocent, likewise millions of others.
Re: Plateau State Government Re - Imposes 24hrs Curfew In Jos North by Riverville(m): 2:09pm On Aug 25, 2021
Be prepared... We gotta stay ready. Never die like a chicken. Die fighting. To all Nigerians out there, be prepared. It will soon be at our doorstep.
Re: Plateau State Government Re - Imposes 24hrs Curfew In Jos North by modsfucker: 2:10pm On Aug 25, 2021
GRAMMARJAMES:

Appologies sir, i disagree with you. you know how vulnurable plateau crisis can be, any small thing it has turned to Religious crisis and the innocent Muslim and Christians will be affected.

Best approach lets love leads and continue to pray for PEACE,.

We JOS WAN PEACE

And how do you think peace can be achieved with bandits claiming monopoly of violence?
Re: Plateau State Government Re - Imposes 24hrs Curfew In Jos North by mrvitalis(m): 2:14pm On Aug 25, 2021
modsfucker:

The commuters killed in Gada-Biyu are innocent, likewise millions of others.
Passing a road that doesn't lead to south ?
Innocent core spy ni
Re: Plateau State Government Re - Imposes 24hrs Curfew In Jos North by Asgard73: 2:15pm On Aug 25, 2021
They want Jos North.. but God pass them. Even with their Apc .. God still pass them
Re: Plateau State Government Re - Imposes 24hrs Curfew In Jos North by GRAMMARJAMES(m): 2:18pm On Aug 25, 2021
modsfucker:

And how do you think peace can be achieved with bandits claiming monopoly of violence?

By simply Keeping you VOTER's card safe come 2023/. i hope this answers your question
Re: Plateau State Government Re - Imposes 24hrs Curfew In Jos North by Nobody: 2:23pm On Aug 25, 2021
This Jos no dey tire, but 24hr curfew? I see more killings coming up
Re: Plateau State Government Re - Imposes 24hrs Curfew In Jos North by missiret(f): 2:24pm On Aug 25, 2021
May God heal our land
Re: Plateau State Government Re - Imposes 24hrs Curfew In Jos North by chatinent: 2:32pm On Aug 25, 2021
The heat is much biko.
Re: Plateau State Government Re - Imposes 24hrs Curfew In Jos North by modsfucker: 2:41pm On Aug 25, 2021
mrvitalis:

Passing a road that doesn't lead to south ?
Innocent core spy ni

So tell me what they'll guilty of, to deserve gruesome murder.

(1) (Reply)

Cnn Talks Biafra And Ipob / Babajide Otitoju: APC Admitted FFK For His Nuisance, Not Becos Of His Values / Average Nigerian Can Feed With N500, Naira Still Strong –CIBN Ex-president

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.