Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,040 members, 7,818,085 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (315) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1179748 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AgentXxx(m): 12:56pm On Mar 12, 2022
Am only familiar with two of them and it’s via YouTube... Edward green and Crockett and Jones
Lexusgs430:

Do you have professional shoe making qualifications, on paper ??
If not, you would require some certifications........ grin

Edo no be Lagos. ........ UK no be Naija .......... cheesy

Ever heard of Barkers,Tricker's,Crockett & Jones,Edward Green, loake, Church's,Edward Green etc etc etc........
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 12:56pm On Mar 12, 2022
AgentXxx:
I have one, but don’t know how valid it will be in a place like UK... Since UK no be Lagos.., but they should be able to test me now, am good with sketching shoe patterns

Indeed, I already dropped some names...... Can you operate their machines?.....

Send them emails, become a volunteer/apprentice......... Start by working free, if they like your ethos and work ethics........ They might train you and/or retain you ........
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 12:59pm On Mar 12, 2022
AgentXxx:
Am only familiar with two of them and it’s via YouTube... Edward green and Crockett and Jones

If you have a catalogue of your works, send them an introduction letter............
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AgentXxx(m): 1:02pm On Mar 12, 2022
Really grateful for the apt response.... God bless you abundantly... Any other skills can you suggest? Since I still have about six months before coming
Lexusgs430:

Indeed, I already dropped some names...... Can you operate their machines?.....

Send them emails, become a volunteer/apprentice......... Start by working free, if they like your ethos and work ethics........ They might train you and/or retain you ........
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AgentXxx(m): 1:05pm On Mar 12, 2022
Can I send them now? From Nigeria??
Lexusgs430:

If you have a catalogue of your works, send them an introduction letter............
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wiselong: 1:16pm On Mar 12, 2022
Good day everyone,

Please can anyone recommend a travel insurance company for a visiting parent from Nigeria?

I have checked Axa Mansard, they offer a maximum of 92 days only irrespective of the travel duration
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 1:16pm On Mar 12, 2022
AgentXxx:
Can I send them now? From Nigeria??

The essence of the introduction letter, state your case + immigration status, and you not requiring sponsorship etc etc ....

Be truthful and also include time lapses.......

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 1:18pm On Mar 12, 2022
AgentXxx:
Really grateful for the apt response.... God bless you abundantly... Any other skills can you suggest? Since I still have about six months before coming

Barbing, mechanic, plumbing, bricklaying etc etc .......
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AnaCheks(m): 1:31pm On Mar 12, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Barbing, mechanic, plumbing, bricklaying etc etc .......
How about fitters Boss? Electrical fitters
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 1:53pm On Mar 12, 2022
AnaCheks:
How about fitters Boss? Electrical fitters

Yes you can ........ But UK certifications would still be required..........

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AnaCheks(m): 1:57pm On Mar 12, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Yes you can ........ But UK certifications would still be required..........
Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AnaCheks(m): 2:01pm On Mar 12, 2022
I've been following this thread keenly and I haven't heard much about Living in Newcastle. The life(wether expensive or not) , accommodations, work etc. Please my elders throw more light on Newcastle
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by umarwy(m): 2:54pm On Mar 12, 2022
AgentXxx:
Great insight..., Gracias... YouTube link to those driving materials will be great, let me get to work grin

There likely might be YouTube channel for s driving school near you. They would show test routes etc.

For general feel on how a test goes and common mistakes DGN driving school on YouTube.

For manover roundabout etc Ashely Neal on YouTube ( Google Ashley Neil double roundabout, the named of test takers on Liverpool)

And just search YouTube generally.

8 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mizGene(f): 3:10pm On Mar 12, 2022
Guys, I know there is a device one can have in the car to manage/close a tyre puncture in the absence of a spare...

What is it called ?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by umarwy(m): 3:41pm On Mar 12, 2022
mizGene:
Guys, I know there is a device one can have in the car to manage/close a tyre puncture in the absence of a spare...

What is it called ?

Tyre puncture repair kit
Portable car pump.
Portable jump start kit
Jump leads

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mizGene(f): 3:44pm On Mar 12, 2022
umarwy:

Tyre puncture repair kit
Portable car pump.
Portable jump start kit
Jump leads

Thanks, I think that would be the repair kit.

Any advice on managing tyre punctures when there is no spare tyre..?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ybahrbz91: 5:58pm On Mar 12, 2022
Good evening Everyone

I am presently filling my passenger locator form and I can't find anywhere my flight details is being asked and also I didn't see anywhere to submit

Please kindly guide me through
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 6:26pm On Mar 12, 2022
mizGene:

Buy those small space saver tyres or have a breakdown service or have Jesus.......... grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by umarwy(m): 7:11pm On Mar 12, 2022
mizGene:

Get a spare tyre
Get a pump
Call for a recovery.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Pacypatty(f): 9:07pm On Mar 12, 2022
Good evening house, pls how can one send pounds from UK to Nigeria ?
Thanks

@omopapa
@mamatukwas
@lexus
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by umarwy(m): 9:17pm On Mar 12, 2022
Pacypatty:
Thanks

@omopapa
@mamatukwas
@lexus
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AgentXxx(m): 9:43pm On Mar 12, 2022
Thanks bro
umarwy:

There likely might be YouTube channel for s driving school near you. They would show test routes etc.

For general feel on how a test goes and common mistakes DGN driving school on YouTube.

For manover roundabout etc Ashely Neal on YouTube ( Google Ashley Neil double roundabout, the named of test takers on Liverpool)

And just search YouTube generally.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mizGene(f): 9:57pm On Mar 12, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Buy those small space saver tyres or have a breakdown service or have Jesus.......... grin

I have the last two cheesy

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mizGene(f): 9:59pm On Mar 12, 2022
umarwy:

Get a spare tyre
Get a pump
Call for a recovery.
I heard car sellers are required to provide the repair kit if the car doesn't come with a spare....
Can anyone confirm this?

I don't understand why cars won't come with a spare or even a space saver...
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by umarwy(m): 10:29pm On Mar 12, 2022
mizGene:

I heard car sellers are required to provide the repair kit if the car doesn't come with a spare....
Can anyone confirm this?

Did you buy the car from a tradesperson/dealership??

Or from Facebook/eBay etc??

Just safe stress and get the spare online, or even the kit. Or if it's a dealership they might do good will and get you one.

For your questions I don't know the answer
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by omopapa: 10:34pm On Mar 12, 2022
You tagged the right set of people. I can help you with that otherwise u can use lemonade app or OhentPay but none of the aforementioned can beat our rate grin
Pacypatty:
Thanks

@omopapa
@mamatukwas
@lexus

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ticha: 10:41pm On Mar 12, 2022
MichaelUde:

Madam Ticha,
Quick question regarding your brokers - I don finally sell some of my property in Naija (exchange rate na die, APC e no go better for una) and I'd like to see if I can get a property purchase ongoing. The gentlemen whose contact details you shared here - would they be open to receiving cold calls from Nigerians with heavy Igbo accents - i.e. could you give or have you previously given them a heads-up that you've recommended them elsewhere?

Thanks.

Business is business o! He lived and works in London after all. The melting pot of all accents!

Email him first if you're more comfortable with that. I've referred quite a few people to him so ues he does know.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Pacypatty(f): 10:54pm On Mar 12, 2022
omopapa:
You tagged the right set of people. I can help you with that otherwise u can use lemonade app or OhentPay but none of the aforementioned can beat our rate grin

Thank you.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Bluetherapy: 11:09pm On Mar 12, 2022
Can a student who's dependent got a sponsored job convert from tier 4 to become the new dependent?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by umarwy(m): 11:10pm On Mar 12, 2022
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by umarwy(m): 11:10pm On Mar 12, 2022
mizGene:

Can anyone confirm this?

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by umarwy(m): 11:13pm On Mar 12, 2022
Bluetherapy:
Can a student who's dependent got a sponsored job convert from tier 4 to become the new dependent?

Yes

(1) (2) (3) ... (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) ... (1007)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.