Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,136 members, 7,818,422 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:10 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (358) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1180010 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Chreze(m): 3:39pm On Apr 04, 2022
omopapa:
imagine him getting suspended for that question

Hahahahaha. Na just for laff. Nothing serious. Trust Oga justwise to laff too.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mimilyrics: 3:46pm On Apr 04, 2022
https://www.gov.uk/apply-immigration-health-surcharge-refund
Ray7878:

I saw that too on gov Uk. But I can’t remember the link. I think the applicant can reclaim their IHS funds back.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ray7878: 3:59pm On Apr 04, 2022

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ray7878: 4:01pm On Apr 04, 2022
mimilyrics:
https://www.gov.uk/apply-immigration-health-surcharge-refund

Does this only applies to the applicant? Does it apply to their spouse by any chance?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mex551(m): 4:32pm On Apr 04, 2022

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mex551(m): 4:33pm On Apr 04, 2022
Ray7878:

Does this only applies to the applicant? Does it apply to their spouse by any chance?
for both but you must be working in the NHS or those public trusts.

2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wallg123: 4:47pm On Apr 04, 2022
Walexwal:
Anyone that can help with contacts of man and van for house moving. Thanks
man and van for Scotland, Wales, N.Ireland or England? Pick your choice grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LagosismyHome(f): 5:13pm On Apr 04, 2022
Ray7878:

For covid time when it was implemented yes it covered spouse and dependant got their money back. You apply after working every 6 months. Covered any job working in care capacity.

I am too lazy to go check if that was changed.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Walexwal: 5:17pm On Apr 04, 2022
wallg123:
man and van for Scotland, Wales, N.Ireland or England? Pick your choice grin
Around Reading. grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by omopapa: 6:30pm On Apr 04, 2022
Nobody knows you bro cus sometimes you come across like a woman then other times one think u are a man cheesy
justwise:

You really don't know me ..i'm 100% sure of that

7 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by omopapa: 6:30pm On Apr 04, 2022
Yeah I knw na
Chreze:

Hahahahaha. Na just for laff. Nothing serious. Trust Oga justwise to laff too.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by omopapa: 6:31pm On Apr 04, 2022
I knw a man under Oshodi bridge his service is very good and cheap
Walexwal:
Anyone that can help with contacts of man and van for house moving. Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by humblemoi: 6:34pm On Apr 04, 2022
LagosismyHome:

For covid time when it was implemented yes it covered spouse and dependant got their money back. You apply after working every 6 months. Covered any job working in care capacity.

I am too lazy to go check if that was changed.

Lol, the fact that you even provide responses to help people is enough, you have done well. Thank you for always helping out

6 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LagosismyHome(f): 6:42pm On Apr 04, 2022
omopapa:
Nobody knows you bro cus sometimes you come across like a woman then other times one think u are a man cheesy

smiley cheesy grin.....abeg some of us are still working. Lol
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LagosismyHome(f): 6:42pm On Apr 04, 2022
humblemoi:

Lol, the fact that you even provide responses to help people is enough, you have done well. Thank you for always helping out

cheesy thank you thanking me

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ray7878: 6:51pm On Apr 04, 2022
mex551:

Wow, so can you chase the refund before a decision has been made or after? I work for the NHS, and my spouse is still waiting for a decision on her spouse visa.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ray7878: 6:56pm On Apr 04, 2022
mex551:

I think am unlucky. Am the one who paid and work for the NHS but I doubt I qualify, for one she isn’t here yet, and secondly it’s saying something about Tier 2 visa. Which is not what I have.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 7:34pm On Apr 04, 2022
omopapa:

Ahhh..lol i can only imagined how you struggle to figure me out...

Struggle continuous.. grin grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by efilefun(m): 7:52pm On Apr 04, 2022
Abeg who get pounds to collect naira…. Save a soul….
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by omopapa: 8:57pm On Apr 04, 2022
I do, how much u need
efilefun:
Abeg who get pounds to collect naira…. Save a soul….
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ndidibabe(f): 9:30pm On Apr 04, 2022
Lexusgs430:

If you require a fictitious POF certificate......... You are almost certain, to drop out........

Nah you do yourself nah, after all other expenses paid ......... cheesy

Those wasted funds, could be more useful on Plenty Of Fish..... cheesy

Let me speak like our politician....... ' The money spended, would surely go to waste'...... grin
I am already in the UK. Just wondering how this is allowed on this forum.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by umarwy(m): 9:48pm On Apr 04, 2022
justwise:

Ahhh..lol i can only imagined how you struggle to figure me out...

Struggle continuous.. grin grin

Remember that we met at Nigerian high commission when you came for passport renewal. grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 9:51pm On Apr 04, 2022
umarwy:

Remember that we met at Nigerian high commission when you came for passport renewal. grin

lol yea a female version of me
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by KOVIC19COVID20: 10:00pm On Apr 04, 2022
justwise:

lol yea a female version of me

Okay. So sometimes you identify as male, other times as female. yes?
LGBTQIT++ things...

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by efilefun(m): 10:41pm On Apr 04, 2022
omopapa:
I do, how much u need
1k… what’s ur rate?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by semmyk(m): 11:30pm On Apr 04, 2022
Beware of SA (South Africa, Southie...). It's a 50:50. The rate at which things are going, calls for concern. Let's leave it unpacked for now!
PS: I can't speak for Mauritius or Seychelles.

hustla:

Look at Mauritius, Seychelles, SOUTH Africa or Indonesia
wink
Lexusgs430:

Many of us living and working in the UK, are hoping to leave ........ To where, we know not .......... grin
This life no balance........ tongue
Ray7878:

I never thought I would say this but I can’t wait to retire and move to Nigeria. I never had that mentality until I visited and thought wow we are slaving here in the UK. If you have your money, you have a property in Nigeria then am pretty sure you are better off after slaving here working for many years, my pension years would be spent in Nigeria in Jesus name!
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Bluetherapy: 12:15am On Apr 05, 2022
justwise:

1. This is not a job, its a voluntary service

2. I was voted to moderate the section, thosedays to be a mod nairalanders have to vote for you, couple of potential mods will be selected and voted for, one with highest vote becomes a mod.

3. I don't have direct contact to Seun and i don't think any mod does, we contact him the same way other nairalanders do.

I see. The reason why I thought it was a job is because I remembered there was once an advertisement for the position of a moderator.

I bet if voting is still the way to become a moderator, a lot of your "enemies" wouldn't allow you to win it grin

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 12:52am On Apr 05, 2022
semmyk:
Beware of SA (South Africa, Southie...). It's a 50:50. The rate at which things are going, calls for concern. Let's leave it unpacked for now!
PS: I can't speak for Mauritius or Seychelles.

Yeah southy can be volatile cos of xenophobia

My research about Mauritius says it's the best in Africa wink
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Icesnow(f): 2:31am On Apr 05, 2022
Hi! Does anyone knows if US embassy in London is opened for tourist visas. I checked their website but it says there is still restrictions routine visas. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Osoderi(m): 3:39am On Apr 05, 2022
HollyMadison:

Disclaimer first, I’m just speaking from acquired knowledge. Correct me if I’m wrong.

Yes, you can buy a house.

Mortgage end age is 65-80. Most lenders cap at 70-75, so you’ll have about 25years to pay back which is good.

Lenders will give you around 4.5 of your annual salary, your expected mortgage is dependent on if your £1,600 is before or after tax… so you can just do the calculations yourself.

You don’t need to use the full £20k on deposit, your deposit will probably be £10k… you can use the remaining £10k on renovations and upgrades as you’ll most likely buy a “not-so-new” house.

You just gave me hope
Thank you ��

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mex551(m): 5:36am On Apr 05, 2022
Good morning My Ancestors on this street. Am trying to register on govt gateway as a sole trader. I got to this point and got confused . I do not have two of these . How do I proceed further? Do we have free consultants that can help me register this or must I be a citizen to register as a sole trader? Abi I am on a wrong website ?

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by TheGuyFromHR: 6:41am On Apr 05, 2022
mex551:
Good morning My Ancestors on this street. Am trying to register on govt gateway as a sole trader. I got to this point and got confused . I do not have two of these . How do I proceed further? Do we have free consultants that can help me register this or must I be a citizen to register as a sole trader? Abi I am on a wrong website ?

You have to register for the Govt Gateway first. Use this link.
https://www.access.service.gov.uk/registration/email

Note that registering as a sole trader means signing up to pay tax under self-assessment.

After registering, you log in to the Govt Gateway and sign up for the self-assessment as a sole trader and all that.
You don't have to be a citizen, and you don't need someone to do it for you. However, depending on the amount and complexity of what you are going to file, you may need an accountant, and if you hire one, they can get the registration sorted for you as part of their fee.

2 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) ... (1007)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.