Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,767 members, 7,817,115 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:19 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (368) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1179080 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by TheGuyFromHR: 11:33am On Apr 07, 2022
umarwy:

but one indian man won a court case agaunst ukvi for something similar, something in the lines of not all adults are in relationshps or seek relationship 100 percent of the time. do quote me, i saw it on news or somewhere

So basically, hope dey for interested persons. wink

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by umarwy(m): 11:33am On Apr 07, 2022
Ray7878:

Goodluck to her, but I doubt they have seen this sort of sob stories a million times. This is 2022 not 1972, they would decline her application.

Her story seems well orchestrated to her but these people wouldn’t believe a single word from her. And frankly I don’t too, too many holes in her story.

Somehow she was about to get her and her 4 children via the visa process from Lagos to London… Hmm

This was like the Jamaican man who claimed to be gay and would face death if deported but he has 6 kids.

Am sure they would prove to her that their are a lot of gay/bisexual people in Nigeria. Having the kids with her might help with the sob story though.

there is a thing called closet gay na. how about the good morning britain man? how about kevin spicey? how about will smith and dave chappele
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Amarathripple0: 12:04pm On Apr 07, 2022
LagosismyHome:

Thanks oo!. May we never lose this our hard earned pennies that we have gathered small small ,lol. Money not easy to find at all . Glad to hear you sorted the ordering of the laptop. Nice one

I am not sure but I saw a travel agency online and called to buy a ticket to naija some months in advance...... One the day I went to naija was when the person went shopping so I feel it must be from that travel agency because I don't remember giving my detail to anyone else. I probably wasn't paying full attention and was maybe asked more details than necessary when I was buying that ticket over the phone and why was it not done immediately (the fraud), why was it done when I was not in the country

I later received some invoices of the purchases to my home address and it had the buyer Amin Khan but my name on the bill to . Probably a fake name too and the travel agent had a slight Indian accent hence why I drew the link but I am not sure for a fact
Definitely the travel agency! I’m so glad you recovered your money. Just crazy

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Andrenalin: 12:10pm On Apr 07, 2022
semmyk:
Kindly pay more, critical attention to Goke7 message (admonition as it seems).
In cover letter, be specific on 'personal' details: technical, process, regulatory...

For instance, in this 'scenario', which caterpillar engines or gas turbines you worked on (not all but just two or three), what did you do on them, what did you achieved with them from engineering and benefit output. You can even approach from what 'risk' you had and how exactly did you avert.

Inbetween, your membership of COREN and or NSE must be intact in addition to UK CEng or IEng or EngTech.

@the underlined, do you stand a chance, probably. However, you'll need an orientation shift from what to how: generic to specific and actionable

Thanks for this... Before now I was thinking COREN and NSE is not recognised outside Nigeria, so from this piece it will be advisable for me to register with this engineering bodies right...

Thanks expecting your response
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Viruses: 12:16pm On Apr 07, 2022
TheGuyFromHR:

Lol.
I read somewhere that someone's asylum claim in similar circumstances was denied because the court said that he'd claimed to be gay, but had not provided evidence of having a boyfriend or seeking one all the while he'd been in the UK waiting for his asylum claim to be decided (a long time, the way these things generally happen) and free to live freely as he chose.

So for those interested in this asylum path, the time to start swiping your credit cards in gay bars and engaging in PDAs with your own gender in the street starts now.

Shey person fit disguise for this one abi na to actually turn gay. By the way, when people come here and apply for asylums, how do they get in in the first place. Is there an asylum category when applying via UKVI's website?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LagosismyHome(f): 12:42pm On Apr 07, 2022
umarwy:

there is a thing called closet gay na. how about the good morning britain man? how about kevin spicey? how about will smith and dave chappele

Hahaha ha did you just type Will Smith. ... cheesy. Person when is about to lose his career because of defending wife from the opposite gender

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ray7878: 12:43pm On Apr 07, 2022
umarwy:

grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Endlessgrace: 12:44pm On Apr 07, 2022
For those recently processing their Nigerian passport, my child’s passport was delivered 6 weeks after capturing. Just to help with the timeframe.

6 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ray7878: 12:49pm On Apr 07, 2022
Viruses:

By the way, when people come here and apply for asylums, how do they get in in the first place. Is there an asylum category when applying via UKVI's website?

That’s a valid question, the only time I have ever met someone who came here via the asylum thing was 2005, a sierre Leonian lady. She came directly from Ghana to wales, and then seek asylum in London, it was the around the civil war/blood diamond time in their country.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by giselle237: 12:54pm On Apr 07, 2022
Ray7878:

That’s a valid question, the only time I have ever met someone who came here via the asylum thing was 2005, a sierre Leonian lady. She came directly from Ghana to wales, and then seek asylum in London, it was the around the civil war/blood diamond time in their country.
they come with visit visa
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Amarathripple0: 12:55pm On Apr 07, 2022
BorisJohnson:

Sorry. I am sorry Sis.
Let’s make Love. Let’s make Peace. No more Fight.

One Love. This life is too short to War War. Let’s Jo-Jo.
YOLO.
Lol no wahala. Apology accepted.

6 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LagosismyHome(f): 1:03pm On Apr 07, 2022
Viruses:

Shey person fit disguise for this one abi na to actually turn gay. By the way, when people come here and apply for asylums, how do they get in in the first place. Is there an asylum category when applying via UKVI's website?

Visit visa, special visa if there is a conflict and also illegal means of entering. once you get here , many stories that touch on how you left your country and be unable to go back because you fear persecution or death.

However it very difficult to get, the home office ears are full from many years of stories that touch both the true and the ones that turned not to be true so now its very difficult for a story to fly without strong evidence and many court of appeal in some cases

Ukraine that Russians are killing, how many has Uk taken it. Home office is pretending to be sleeping busy , this uk ehnnn. Na to find legal ways to stay here because any other route is not straightforward and takes ageesssss

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ray7878: 1:25pm On Apr 07, 2022
giselle237:
they come with visit visa

I doubt it, unless Red Cross were applying it for them. They were a group of women that were sexually assaulted/abused during that world, got moved to shelters to Ghana, then flown to Wales.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by canadaishome: 1:45pm On Apr 07, 2022
Suspension lifted

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by umarwy(m): 2:03pm On Apr 07, 2022
LagosismyHome:

Hahaha ha did you just type Will Smith. ... cheesy. Person when is about to lose his career because of defending wife from the opposite gender

Apparently he is closet gay (don't quote me) that's the genesis for the entanglement etc. That's why he's side is kept in the shadows
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wonlasewonimi: 2:47pm On Apr 07, 2022
umarwy:

Apparently he is closet gay (don't quote me) that's the genesis for the entanglement etc. That's why he's side is kept in the shadows

Apart from Tyler Perry, I dont believe Will Smith is gay or in the closet.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by giselle237: 2:57pm On Apr 07, 2022
Endlessgrace:
For those recently processing their Nigerian passport, my child’s passport was delivered 6 weeks after capturing. Just to help with the timeframe.
my neighbour’s own came on the 5th working day..
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by giselle237: 2:58pm On Apr 07, 2022
Ray7878:

I doubt it, unless Red Cross were applying it for them. They were a group of women that were sexually assaulted/abused during that world, got moved to shelters to Ghana, then flown to Wales.
many oo. not hearsay. this is how most come in. Visit visa. Once they enter, at the border story changes…
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mamatukwas: 3:18pm On Apr 07, 2022
Ray7878:

Two our side families I’ve met now on that class came with visiting Visa. One full family. Father, Mother and 2 kids. The other one mother and 2 kids. They visited a couple of times prior Sef.

Apparently there’s a group of people who guide you properly on how to go about it but the info is scarce. I hear that if you’re not guided well OYO.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dustydee: 3:35pm On Apr 07, 2022
BorisJohnson:

Sorry. I am sorry Sis.
Let’s make Love . Let’s make Peace. No more Fight.

YOLO.

Amarathripple0:

Lol no wahala. Apology accepted.

Ah! Eeeweh!! shocked grin
Or am I overreacting? lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Endlessgrace: 3:43pm On Apr 07, 2022
grin
dustydee:

Walahi you’re agbaya
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by adegbitetunji(m): 3:45pm On Apr 07, 2022
the apology is on its way ... just wait smiley smiley

Amarathripple0:

Please do not be ignorant! A company going through your social media page before you are offered a service rings bells for discrimination. It is NOT allowed. Read up a little to expand your knowledge on the laws of the country you live in.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Viruses: 3:48pm On Apr 07, 2022
dustydee:

You read another meaning to the statements.

This is discrimination please.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jobgetter(m): 4:30pm On Apr 07, 2022
Please who here had used Lemonade finance?What's their Naira to Pounds and Pounds to Naira rates? Any other better options?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jobgetter(m): 5:39pm On Apr 07, 2022
davide470:
It is still valid. NGN - USDT - GBP. Use a Crypto friendly bank (challenger banks mostly)
Abeg wetin be Naira to USDT to pounds rate on Binance?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ray7878: 5:50pm On Apr 07, 2022
giselle237:
many oo. not hearsay. this is how most come in. Visit visa. Once they enter, at the border story changes…

Ok wow that meant she lied then.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ray7878: 5:51pm On Apr 07, 2022
Mamatukwas:

Two our side families I’ve met now on that class came with visiting Visa. One full family. Father, Mother and 2 kids. The other one mother and 2 kids. They visited a couple of times prior Sef.

Apparently there’s a group of people who guide you properly on how to go about it but the info is scarce. I hear that if you’re not guided well OYO.

Were they going through civil war too?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by DrObum(m): 6:14pm On Apr 07, 2022
BorisJohnson:

Sorry. I am sorry Sis.
Let’s make Love. Let’s make Peace. No more Fight.

YOLO.

Am I the only one whose brain read this well?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Estroller: 6:39pm On Apr 07, 2022
I have, you can use my referral link below to register we both get a tenner each.
I use Lemonade Finance to send money to Africa. You get 10.00 GBP when you verify your account and send over 100.00 GBP with my referral link - https://referral.lemonade.finance/invite/VJen

Referral Code: OLUW4O4A

jobgetter:
Please who here had used Lemonade finance?What's their Naira to Pounds and Pounds to Naira rates? Any other better options?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Zimzee: 7:41pm On Apr 07, 2022
Is it possible to adopt a child and bring her to UK?
I have a child that is 15yrs, she started staying with me when she was 3 yrs, she lived with me for 12yrs, everyone that knew me thought she is my daughter. I came to UK last year with my family on a student visa. I couldn't bring her because her mom wanted her back.
Right now the young girl is going through so much depression because we are the family she has known all her life. She couldn't establish a bond with her new home. She keeps running away from home. And I am afraid something might happen to her.The mother is asking me to help but I don't no how to.
Please will it be possible to adopt her and bring her over? Please kindly respond with possible options. Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by omopapa: 7:59pm On Apr 07, 2022
Yes it’s possible to adopt a child to bring them to the UK but to adopt someone of that age (15yrs) in your case they will check ur financial status, ur settlement status and standard of living. Do you earn enough to cater for her, do you have extra room for her in ur house, will you be readily available to look after her and not neglect her. These are questions you might want to answer. You will need to proof beyond reasonable doubt it’s not child trafficking.
Zimzee:
Is it possible to adopt a child and bring her to UK?
I have a child that is 15yrs, she started staying with me when she was 3 yrs, she lived with me for 12yrs, everyone that knew me thought she is my daughter. I came to UK last year with my family on a student visa. I couldn't bring her because her mom wanted her back.
Right now the young girl is going through so much depression because we are the family she has known all her life. She couldn't establish a bond with her new home. She keeps running away from home. And I am afraid something might happen to her.The mother is asking me to help but I don't no how to.
Please will it be possible to adopt her and bring her over? Please kindly respond with possible options. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by claremont(m): 9:00pm On Apr 07, 2022
LagosismyHome:

For me even if they do that is ok as well ..... if that would help keep my money safe then fine

It like the issue of stop and search... a lot of the stabbings in London is black on black. So I support the stop and search even if it you are stopping more of black people, after all based on the data the death is higher in our community.

However because of how inconvenience if you are stopped and political correctness , people are shouting don't do stop and search , it is racial profiling but aren't we higher in the stabbing department.....

Ok now no stop and search then young boys are roaming the streets with knifes and stabbing continues . You can't always cut your cake and eat it .

Unfortunately, if a racially biased stop and search policy was a solution to black on black violence in London, it would have since solved it. This isn't the case. Black on black violence in London and other major cities is mainly due to social deprivation in inner city communities and institutional racism. A child of a single parent living in a 2 bedroom flat in a run down council estate in White city, Hammersmith doesn't think the same way as a child with 2 parents acting as role models living in a 4 bedroom townhouse in Westminter.

There was a time many years ago when Glasgow was the epicentre of white youths stabbing themselves. It wasn't addressed by random stop and searches. It was addressed by investment in the inner city communities where this violence takes place, role modeling etc

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) ... (1007)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.