Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,303 members, 7,836,318 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:46 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (543) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1200113 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (540) (541) (542) (543) (544) (545) (546) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by u3fine(m): 9:55am On Jul 28, 2022
Please can i open a Lemonade account with a Nigerian Phone number while still in Nigeria?
onecoder:

Your lemonade should have naira and pounds account.
You fund the naira and convert to pounds within the app.
Then you can transfer to your UK bank account
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Nobody: 10:08am On Jul 28, 2022
u3fine:
Please can i open a Lemonade account with a Nigerian Phone number while still in Nigeria?
I don't know if it's possible
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Nobody: 10:13am On Jul 28, 2022
hustla:

Thanks
I'll try this
Any charges for transferring to UK bank account?
No
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by CheesyTee(f): 10:31am On Jul 28, 2022
onecoder:

Your lemonade should have naira and pounds account.
You fund the naira and convert to pounds within the app.
Then you can transfer to your UK bank account

One will still buy pounds for N800+ to £1
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 10:39am On Jul 28, 2022
onecoder:

No

Thanks!
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 10:44am On Jul 28, 2022
CheesyTee:

One will still buy pounds for N800+ to £1

Well, no one here is offering better rates / willing to sell
smiley
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jesmond3945: 11:02am On Jul 28, 2022
[quote author=Lexusgs430 post=115149665][/quote]brother Lexus please fix me up I beg you in the name of God. I have already downloaded the app. I need the m3u file. God bless.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 11:28am On Jul 28, 2022
Lemonade is now 829 to £1

shocked
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by TheGuyFromHR: 11:50am On Jul 28, 2022
hustla:
Lemonade is now 829 to £1

shocked

Come again?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by giselle237: 11:55am On Jul 28, 2022
TheGuyFromHR:

Come again?
yes. 829 and then selling at 849… Emefiele is a content creator. failed one.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by giselle237: 11:56am On Jul 28, 2022
hustla:

Err, someone posted a screenshot that it can be done
I think I'll just try with 10K first and see
Thanks
I do this all the time. U can get naira or pounds off lemonade app.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 11:57am On Jul 28, 2022
TheGuyFromHR:

Come again?

No need to come or go again

grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 11:57am On Jul 28, 2022
giselle237:
I do this all the time. U can get naira or pounds off lemonade app.

Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by MadeMen4Life: 12:06pm On Jul 28, 2022
But Lemonade rate alone is better than that… Instead of stressing currencies, why not convert pound to naira one time with better rate on lemonade… Lemonade does N829, your conversion to and fro does N828
Solumtoya:

Just FYI, I converted to USD and sold the USD at N685 this morning. It summed up to N828 per £ now. You have to remember that the Currency relate with each in other in different ways. USD, for instance, has a higher demand in Naija, so most times, converting to USD first would typically increase the value. Also, CBN gives N5 for every USD received.

So like I said, it could swing either way and it's not garbage in, garbage out.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by giselle237: 12:09pm On Jul 28, 2022
MadeMen4Life:
But Lemonade rate alone is better than that… Instead of stressing currencies, why not convert pound to naira one time with better rate on lemonade… Lemonade does N829, your conversion to and fro does N828
this 829 is just this morning o. Was 801 yesterday.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by MadeMen4Life: 12:12pm On Jul 28, 2022
Solumtoya conversion was this morning too I guess… I’m just saying it’s very easy with Lemonade, sharpally you don get your money for account…
giselle237:
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by TheGuyFromHR: 12:14pm On Jul 28, 2022
giselle237:

Time for the speculators to clean out.
Let me go and sign up to the Lemonade app, might as well make a few ASUU-struck little cousins happy at negligible cost.

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by TheGuyFromHR: 12:15pm On Jul 28, 2022
hustla:

No need to come or go again

grin

My goodness.
I must cast my diaspora vote for APC.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Phayie(m): 12:33pm On Jul 28, 2022
TheGuyFromHR:

Time for the speculators to clean out.
Let me go and sign up to the Lemonade app, might as well make a few ASUU-struck little cousins happy at negligible cost.

You can use my link and we'll both enjoy the bonus I use Lemonade Finance to send money to Africa. You get 10.00 GBP when you verify your account and send over 100.00 GBP with my referral link - https://referral.lemonade.finance/invite/cZuH
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 12:35pm On Jul 28, 2022
TheGuyFromHR:

My goodness.
I must cast my diaspora vote for APC.

They're all the same
smiley
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by HondaLover(m): 12:38pm On Jul 28, 2022
homole:
Abeg guys. I get one small Renault Clio 2002
Mileage is less than 40k , automatic transmission
Car is in perfect condition.
Road tax and insurance is less than 100 pounds
The can been small for me. I bend in it. The bending done cause me leg pain.
Vehicle is located in Leicester.

How much is it going for?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Viruses: 12:46pm On Jul 28, 2022
CheesyTee:

Someone tried earlier this year, he was debited in naira but not credited pounds.

He had to file for dispute to get the money back.

Short answer, no.
I have PERSONALLY been converting naira to pounds using Lemonade. Simply fund your lemonade naira account and transfer to your pounds account.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wanney: 12:49pm On Jul 28, 2022
Amarathripple0:

Thanks a lot. I’ve seen a lot of his videos and other YouTube videos. I’m working on an interview cheat sheet for myself so I need raw advise that I can input in it. But thanks anyway

learn how to answer STAR techniques for different situations relating to your field. Also speak in a clear, take ur time, articulated manner (not to the extent of boring the interviewer though) but ensuring you have the attention of the interviewer(s), Practice your intro and mention the required skills. All the best

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 1:38pm On Jul 28, 2022
jesmond3945:
brother Lexus please fix me up I beg you in the name of God. I have already downloaded the app. I need the m3u file. God bless.

Why do you want this file ....... grin

If you already have the app, follow the process through......
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by QuantAnalyst: 1:38pm On Jul 28, 2022
Solumtoya:

Just FYI, I converted to USD and sold the USD at N685 this morning. It summed up to N828 per £ now. You have to remember that the Currency relate with each in other in different ways. USD, for instance, has a higher demand in Naija, so most times, converting to USD first would typically increase the value. Also, CBN gives N5 for every USD received.

So like I said, it could swing either way and it's not garbage in, garbage out.

I would like to buy 4500 usd
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jesmond3945: 1:43pm On Jul 28, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Why do you want this file ....... grin

If you already have the app, follow the process through......
lol. Show me the way brother. Do I send you a dm or how do I go about reaching you?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 1:57pm On Jul 28, 2022
jesmond3945:
lol. Show me the way brother. Do I send you a dm or how do I go about reaching you?

Look a little harder...... WhatsApp messages, much better than emails ........
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Solumtoya: 3:36pm On Jul 28, 2022
MadeMen4Life:

Yeah, Lemonade is good.

I sold USD at N685, remember. If I had sold at N700 or more, it would have been N845 or more per Pound. Lemonade rate at the time was N801.

Lemonade is good and simple for those who use it, no doubt. I have my personal reasons of not using it (Lemonade is wallet-based, not CBN compliant, etc) but it's no big deal really. I will use them if their rate is significantly better at any time.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 4:01pm On Jul 28, 2022
I just used Lemonade to buy some GBP to my Monzo
Very fast and seamless
I recommend smiley
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by QuantAnalyst: 4:34pm On Jul 28, 2022
Elders in the house...please I want to buy 4500 dollars to process my UK visa application. .anyone willing to sell? Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by michaellek: 5:36pm On Jul 28, 2022
Please Elders, TheGuyFromHR, how can one go about providing a reference covering recent 3-year of employment to NHS job in UK, if worked as self employed in Nigeria.

Thanks in anticipation.

(1) (2) (3) ... (540) (541) (542) (543) (544) (545) (546) ... (1007)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.