Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,492 members, 7,830,487 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:19 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (548) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1193026 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (545) (546) (547) (548) (549) (550) (551) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by VMuna: 6:58am On Aug 01, 2022
Lexusgs430:

International nurses no dey ever finish......... cheesy

LOL.

E no go ever finish.

The beautyful ones are not yet born sef!
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by VMuna: 8:49am On Aug 01, 2022
TheGuyFromHR:

Those sort of comments are normal any time a member of an ethnic minority/immigrant is convicted of a crime or when a Yoruba boy misses a penalty for England at an international tournament or any time immigration as an issue comes up.

Quick question please.

Skilled worker visa holder is already settled in the UK.

Can the accompanying spouse come alone to the UK (for say 6 weeks), pick up BRP and return back to Nigeria to bring the kids before the expiry of their Vignette (it's valid for 3 months)?

Hope there won't be an issue at the entry border when the accompanying spouse is travelling back to UK with the kids?

CC Lexusgs430

Thanks.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 8:56am On Aug 01, 2022
VMuna:

Quick question please.

Skilled worker visa holder is already settled in the UK.

Can the accompanying spouse come alone to the UK (for say 6 weeks), pick up BRP and return back to Nigeria to bring the kids before the expiry of their Vignette (it's valid for 3 months)?

Hope there won't be an issue at the entry border when the accompanying spouse is travelling back to UK with the kids?

CC Lexusgs430

Thanks.

No issues. ....

If you ask me, that's the best way to migrate..... Very calculative...... Then get beta sense........ grin

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bidosko(m): 10:28am On Aug 01, 2022
saskatoonguy:
I am in need of accomodation in Cardiff. Family of 4. In need of 2br flat

Is there anyone(genuine and not a scam) you can link me up with?
are you curently in cardiff ? Check areas around Newport too as cardiff house are geting expensive

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bidosko(m): 10:31am On Aug 01, 2022
Join Monese bank and get up to £30 once you start spending! Just enter my invite code when you sign up: ABIDE629.

Download the app here: https://www.mone.se/7vQs/oqsso6gc

A new fintech bank just like monzo and revolut . You also get cashback on every purchase you make with the card. You get a free mastercard too
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by VMuna: 11:16am On Aug 01, 2022
Lexusgs430:

No issues. ....

If you ask me, that's the best way to migrate..... Very calculative...... Then get beta sense........ grin

Ah!

Now you've confused me with the last sentence my Oga. sad
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 11:17am On Aug 01, 2022
VMuna:

Ah!

Now you've confused me with the last sentence my Oga. sad

What they did is called staged Japa technique...... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mellady(f): 11:51am On Aug 01, 2022
Please who has pounds for sale? , I need pounds please
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by domin8(f): 11:57am On Aug 01, 2022
Morning Guys,
Please, I need your advice on if anyone has experience with this.
I placed an order with Vodacom to set up the Internet as a switch from my current provider, Now Broadband.
The day to set up the connection arrived, and Vodacom, through their infrastructure provider Cityfiber, upon visiting, said they could not install it as they don't have all the equipment needed to do so, and it would take another two weeks to one month for them to conduct a survey and set it up. Out of frustration, I cancelled the order.
Now I do not have Internet either from my older provider, whose contract I have cancelled or from Vodacom, who failed to deliver.
Bear in mind that reactivating the old provider will also take about 14 days, and going for a new provider is the same thing.
Is there any way I can get Vodacom to compensate me for this inconvenience?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by VMuna: 12:26pm On Aug 01, 2022
Lexusgs430:

What they did is called staged Japa technique...... cheesy

cheesy

But the staging is not deemed sanctionable abi?

I wan follow in their footsteps. Make I no go follow who no know road. smiley
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Solumtoya: 12:34pm On Aug 01, 2022
saskatoonguy:

Expand your search to Newport, Pontypool, even Swansea. I know someone who usually has apartments in Cardiff but at the moment, he only has a Studio Apartment. Cardiff Apartments go off the market very fast.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by gistbite(f): 1:06pm On Aug 01, 2022
lightnlife:
grin

Abeg, help me ask madam.

Ebay or African stores in Manchester
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ipassu: 1:53pm On Aug 01, 2022
2000 pounds needed. Anyone with pounds for sale for Naira. Kindly reach out. Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by rowon(m): 2:31pm On Aug 01, 2022
Good day all. Which flight is the best and affordable with not more than 2 stopovers from Lagos to Glasgow Scotland aside European airlines and BA
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by gistbite(f): 3:14pm On Aug 01, 2022
rowon:
Good day all. Which flight is the best and affordable with not more than 2 stopovers from Lagos to Glasgow Scotland aside European airlines and BA
Qatar Airways I think

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by rowon(m): 4:19pm On Aug 01, 2022
Thanks. I need more responses from others
gistbite:

Qatar Airways I think
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 4:53pm On Aug 01, 2022
lightnlife:
grin

Abeg, help me ask madam.

Nah tòkunbó eja kíkà......... grin

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by lightnlife: 5:35pm On Aug 01, 2022
Great!

Thanks. Just saw them on eBay. The price no be here ooo.

Na to just buy chop once in a while when the nostalgia come grin

gistbite:

Ebay or African stores in Manchester

No be small Tokunbo. smiley Thanks

Lexusgs430:

Nah tòkunbó eja kíkà......... grin

Ehnehn! London people day enjoy be that ooo.

So make we dey enjoy YouTube live stream dey go be that.

semmyk:
That Dalston / Hackney, what will one not get there; even barter like Balogun, Oshodi. Well, neighborhood still dey to round off properly in SE.

The day YT live as contravening TV licence, almost all will jẹjẹli start to queue for HMP Highdown, Penton Ville, Wandsworth et al.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by KazikageSama: 5:42pm On Aug 01, 2022
saskatoonguy:

Please don't restrict yourself to Cardiff, you may want to try New port, Caerphilly, Blackwood or Pontypridd
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 5:50pm On Aug 01, 2022
Lightnlife........

Even snails dey eBay..... I didn't believe it o ..... grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 5:51pm On Aug 01, 2022
aragbaboy:
Free Budweiser for you to celebrate the lioness if you are in the UK. Click the link https://celebratewithbud.co.uk/

One free bottle from Tesco....... No be small shayo o ...... grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by MadeMen4Life: 6:23pm On Aug 01, 2022
This Oga Lexusgs430 too funny grin grin
Lexusgs430:

One free bottle from Tesco....... No be small shayo o ...... grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Vitusvivi: 8:13pm On Aug 01, 2022
Pls friends how can i make payments for health surcharge.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Solumtoya: 8:20pm On Aug 01, 2022
Vitusvivi:
Pls friends how can i make payments for health surcharge.

Buy Dollar from aboki and deposit in a USD Account in any Bank and use the bank card to make the payment online. Use Access Bank or GT or Zenith preferably. I know some other Banks have charges on their USD Card
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Vitusvivi: 8:22pm On Aug 01, 2022
Pls i need urgent response friends, how can i make payments for health surcharge fee
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by sen2paco: 9:04pm On Aug 01, 2022
Lexusgs430:
IPTV lovers ........ Anyone watched summer slam ........ cheesy

Ashamedly, I am a WWE lover ....... Yes it's staged.... But our life too is staged........... wink

boss i just sent u a msg..pls respond..im interested in this una iptv as football season go soon start
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Poanan: 9:43pm On Aug 01, 2022
Elders good evening. Please can i include a new dbs to an already existing jpdate service without paying anything?

Your reponse will be highly appreciated.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 10:10pm On Aug 01, 2022
Poanan:
Elders good evening. Please can i include a new dbs to an already existing jpdate service without paying anything?

Your reponse will be highly appreciated.

If you already have your DBS certificate on update service...........

You can't add another, because the details should be the same....... Unless you have enter wàhálà, after last issue........ cheesy

To avoid paying for another DBS check, simply give your DBS update service number.............
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Poanan: 11:23pm On Aug 01, 2022
Lexusgs430:

If you already have your DBS certificate on update service...........

You can't add another, because the details should be the same....... Unless you have enter wàhálà, after last issue........ cheesy

To avoid paying for another DBS check, simply give your DBS update service number.............

The one have on the update was only for adult and it was not accepted because the new place i got required adult and children. After getting the adult and children they advised i put it on the update service.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by CowbellY: 12:20am On Aug 02, 2022
domin8:
Morning Guys,
Please, I need your advice on if anyone has experience with this.
I placed an order with Vodacom to set up the Internet as a switch from my current provider, Now Broadband.
The day to set up the connection arrived, and Vodacom, through their infrastructure provider Cityfiber, upon visiting, said they could not install it as they don't have all the equipment needed to do so, and it would take another two weeks to one month for them to conduct a survey and set it up. Out of frustration, I cancelled the order.
Now I do not have Internet either from my older provider, whose contract I have cancelled or from Vodacom, who failed to deliver.
Bear in mind that reactivating the old provider will also take about 14 days, and going for a new provider is the same thing.
Is there any way I can get Vodacom to compensate me for this inconvenience?

Vodacom could simply state you cancelled the order and hence they are not beholden to a compensation but best to seek proper legal advice though.

(1) (2) (3) ... (545) (546) (547) (548) (549) (550) (551) ... (1007)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.