Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,112 members, 7,835,754 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:24 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (632) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1199020 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (629) (630) (631) (632) (633) (634) (635) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by oomiyale(f): 7:16am On Sep 29, 2022
[thank you I appreciate.quote author=AlphaUno post=117094491]

You should be able to bring onboard two 23kg luggage and a 7kg hand luggage per traveller irrespective of age.
I’m talking last two weeks ish

[/quote]
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by oomiyale(f): 7:17am On Sep 29, 2022
Thank you I appreciate.
mizGene:

5years..Will be entitled to normal allowance 2 PC of 23kg each plus hand luggage

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by semmyk(m): 8:13am On Sep 29, 2022
As I understand it, Freelancing will count as self-employed.
Might become interesting if your Fiverr or Upwork etc make payments to your non-UK account? Humm | and your profile is not UK domicile! #JustWonderingNio
koonbey:
Not permitted. Freelancing is classed as self-employment and self-employment is strictly prohibited while on student visa - www.gov.uk/student-visa .
As to whether they can link it to you - don't you intend to receive the money into your account? Be aware that if you intend to 'launder' the money - that's entering into tax evasion territory. Enough said.
AlphaUno:
‘Why is this so?’ Because of the highlighted. Visa rule says 20hour/week
Amarathripple0:
Because according to them, freelance jobs will distract you from your studies and it cannot be monitored to ensure you are only utilising 20hours and not more hours. To be honest, I’m not sure they can really tell if you have a side hustle as these payments are not tied to your NI. However, better safe than sorry, as a quick google search will bring up your up work or Fiverr profile.. unless of course, you use an alias.
Viruses:
What if you want to use your 20hrs strictly for Fiverr?

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jadepinkett(f): 10:40am On Sep 29, 2022
mizGene:

5years..Will be entitled to normal allowance 2 PC of 23kg each plus hand luggage

If the child paid full ticket, then yes you are entitled to your luggage allowance
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by derbylicious: 11:13am On Sep 29, 2022
Hi,
This is a bit urgent.

What mobile app can I use to transfer money to a receiver in the US for cash pickup?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 12:16pm On Sep 29, 2022
derbylicious:
Hi,
This is a bit urgent.

What mobile app can I use to transfer money to a receiver in the US for cash pickup?

Have you tried WU or World remit

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bigtt76(f): 1:38pm On Sep 29, 2022
egbon @Lexusgs430 ...pls what do you think about LoqBox https://loqbox.com/en_gb/how-it-works for raking up credit scores? If you also know any other, I would greatly appreciate it

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 1:45pm On Sep 29, 2022
derbylicious:
Hi,
This is a bit urgent.

Cash App.....
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 1:53pm On Sep 29, 2022
bigtt76:
egbon @Lexusgs430 ...pls what do you think about LoqBox https://loqbox.com/en_gb/how-it-works for raking up credit scores? If you also know any other, I would greatly appreciate it

The best way to build credit scores, is to get credit facilities.......

Get one/two credit cards and start the journey........ Even if it's a credit card with horrendous APR....... Pay it all at the end of month, do this for a year or so .......

Then get rid of the horrendous CC for a CC with pocket friendly APR ...........

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bigtt76(f): 1:56pm On Sep 29, 2022
Oshey ...I appreciate this. But what do you advise a new comer who stayed just a week or month? Can I get a CC at this stage or I wait small? Also can the likes of Klarna work same purpose?

Lexusgs430:

The best way to build credit scores, is to get credit facilities.......

Get one/two credit cards and start the journey........ Even if it's a credit card with horrendous APR....... Pay it all at the end of month, do this for a year or so .......

Then get rid of the horrendous CC for a CC with pocket friendly APR ...........

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 2:07pm On Sep 29, 2022
bigtt76:
Oshey ...I appreciate this. But what do you advise a new comer who stayed just a week or month? Can I get a CC at this stage or I wait small? Also can the likes of Klarna work same purpose?

Start by registering on the voters list ........ cheesy

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bigtt76(f): 2:10pm On Sep 29, 2022
cheesy cheesy that one de list for sure

Lexusgs430:

Start by registering on the voters list ........ cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 2:19pm On Sep 29, 2022
bigtt76:
cheesy cheesy that one de list for sure

Account opened........ cheesy

Download Totally money app, then register.......

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Modupeoluwa123(f): 2:37pm On Sep 29, 2022
Family, I am looking for housein Leeds.
Please help I am tired

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by MrPADDY(m): 2:49pm On Sep 29, 2022
Thiago6:
I greet the house oh. Please, is it possible to send funds from a Nigerian dollar account to a bank account in the UK?

If it's not possible, what other alternatives do I have to transfer money from Nigeria to a UK account? I'd really appreciate a reply. Thanks in advance.
You can use TransferWise
https://www.nairaland.com/7281099/how-verify-wise-transferwise-account

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bigtt76(f): 4:09pm On Sep 29, 2022
Thank you for this

Lexusgs430:

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ukay2: 5:24pm On Sep 29, 2022
Lexusgs430:

also :
Credit ladder to report your house rent payments monthly
utility bills
A credit booster with an experian website will also boost credit score when it records the other direct debits etc

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bigtt76(f): 6:40pm On Sep 29, 2022
Nice one ...I appreciate it. Can I use report my school fee payment through Credit Ladder or any other?

ukay2:

also :
Credit ladder to report your house rent payments monthly
utility bills
A credit booster with an experian website will also boost credit score when it records the other direct debits etc
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by rayralph(m): 6:52pm On Sep 29, 2022
eniola1010:

Leaving my freelance account for months will hurt it. I might not need their work if they allow me focus on my freelance work. My freelance work is better.

Since your remittances/payment is in naira and not tied to your NI/UK account. Nothing concerns HMRC.

Please keep it that way. Use 3rd party exchangers to convert your money to pounds if needed.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by rayralph(m): 6:54pm On Sep 29, 2022
semmyk:
As I understand it, Freelancing will count as self-employed.
Might become interesting if your Fiverr or Upwork etc make payments to your non-UK account? Humm | and your profile is not UK domicile! #JustWonderingNio

Self employed in this case is if you offer a service to UK citizens and/or receive payments into your UK BANK account.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by rayralph(m): 6:57pm On Sep 29, 2022
koonbey:

Not permitted. Freelancing is classed as self-employment and self-employment is strictly prohibited while on student visa - https://www.gov.uk/student-visa .

. Enough said.

Bros, you Dey carry us go where we no know. Tax evasion and money laundering are entirely separate offenses. Stay on topic grin

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by funmilayo79: 7:29pm On Sep 29, 2022
pls can any body help with 2 or 3 bedroom flat in Glasgow
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 7:31pm On Sep 29, 2022
rayralph:

Self employed in this case is if you offer a service to UK citizens and/or receive payments into your UK BANK account.

Self employed is self employed it got nothing to do with who use your services
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Nobody: 7:33pm On Sep 29, 2022
rayralph:

Bros, you Dey carry us go where we no know. Tax evasion and money laundering are entirely separate offenses. Stay on topic grin

No. I preempted (correctly - you can see the post where someone talked about receiving the money into a U.S. account etc) that the instinct would be to find a workaround where the earnings don’t reflect as US income.

My warning is for anyone who might be tempted to do that - they must be aware that it would be classed as tax evasion in addition to violating visa terms, should they be found out.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Innocent94(m): 8:21pm On Sep 29, 2022
Hello all,pls I’m in need of a job,I live in southeast london,would really appreciate if anyone can help,thanks ����
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Phil46: 8:34pm On Sep 29, 2022
adebabs009:
Please I will like any of my naija people to help out with accommodation in Clacton-on-Sea, Essex. I just came into the town a week ago and will also appreciate any link for jobs within that area.

Hello,

Please, did you pay your University of Essex fees through Western Union Business Solutions? If yes, how did you go about it, please? I am trying to figure out how to use it with Form A. Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 8:39pm On Sep 29, 2022
Innocent94:
Hello all,pls I’m in need of a job,I live in southeast london,would really appreciate if anyone can help,thanks ����

Check Maison Moti locations around you and ring them up if you can for support worker roles

Indeed flex can also help to get some flexible jobs

Amazon warehouse is almost always hiring also

You can send an email to mauro@appetite4work.co.uk if you like event jobs too. Waiter, bar staff etc

wink

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Innocent94(m): 9:33pm On Sep 29, 2022
[quote author=hustla post=117122394]

Check Maison Moti locations around you and ring them up if you can for support worker roles

Indeed flex can also help to get some flexible jobs

Amazon warehouse is almost always hiring also

You can send an email to mauro@appetite4work.co.uk if you like event jobs too. Waiter, bar staff etc

Alright,thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AgentXxx(m): 9:35pm On Sep 29, 2022
I just used your link
Solumtoya:
Revolut is really sharing money. Last month, I made £100 from Referral bonuses alone. There are some months I earn more. As usual, I'm willing to give anyone £20 to open a Revolut Account, get a physical card and perform 3 card transactions of £5 each or more (could be Amazon or online purchases with the Virtual card).

My link
https://revolut.com/referral/jedidi9xv3!SEP2-22-AR

I think the poster above might be willing to do same so feel free to use his link too, I have enjoyed their largesse enough.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by rayralph(m): 10:23pm On Sep 29, 2022
justwise:

Self employed is self employed it got nothing to do with who use your services

Balance me real quick and be realistic

you expect an individual to ditch his naija based consulting business because he’s holding a UK student visa ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (629) (630) (631) (632) (633) (634) (635) ... (1007)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.