Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,445 members, 7,830,224 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:05 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (808) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1192872 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (805) (806) (807) (808) (809) (810) (811) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mizGene(f): 8:03pm On Jan 12, 2023
Fourcade:

We are not married yet grin
If I were you, I would focus on getting a sponsored job as well.

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ubby26: 8:14pm On Jan 12, 2023
Thank you.

iyatrustee:

@ubby26. Someone posted this last week and I used them.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 8:15pm On Jan 12, 2023
mizGene:

If I were you, I would focus on getting a sponsored job as well.

cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Solumtoya: 8:37pm On Jan 12, 2023
FlowAssurance:
Hi Guys, Quick one and Quick maths please

Let's say I want to withdraw £600 cash from my CC, and it has a 3% cash fee and 30% APR on cash withdrawals, if I want to clear the balance at the end of the month, I am paying about £634 yeah?

Kindly help my little calculation and does it have any effect on my credit score if i withdraw cash on my CC?

Yeah, roughly that, if you pay in full in 30 days. No negative impact on your score for that.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AgentXxx(m): 9:24pm On Jan 12, 2023
What rate do you want to sell? Seller state price while buyer negotiates.
hustla:

At what rate are You looking to buy ?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mizGene(f): 9:45pm On Jan 12, 2023
hustla:

cheesy
cheesy just saying ni o, even if they were married...same stance.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wonlasewonimi: 10:45pm On Jan 12, 2023
Please can a student who has completed his classes and now writing his thesis work full time? asking for a friend
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hayesconcept(m): 10:58pm On Jan 12, 2023
No
wonlasewonimi:
Please can a student who has completed his classes and now writing his thesis work full time? asking for a friend

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wonlasewonimi: 11:17pm On Jan 12, 2023
hayesconcept:
No

I thought the restriction is to deter working more than 20hrs during school time? No?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by seunoj: 11:45pm On Jan 12, 2023
wonlasewonimi:

Check with your school term time.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 12:00am On Jan 13, 2023
wonlasewonimi:

Is this variation hoping to happen, during UK calendar university TERM TIME .........

That is the important question..........

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wonlasewonimi: 1:32am On Jan 13, 2023
Lexusgs430:

Is this variation hoping to happen, during UK calendar university TERM TIME .........

That is the important question..........
Yes, but once the dude has finished his thesis by the end of this month, he has no more obligation to just 20hrs

seunoj:

Check with your school term time.

It's not for me just trying to help someone out.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 1:38am On Jan 13, 2023
wonlasewonimi:

Yes, but once the dude has finished his thesis by the end of this month, he has no more obligation to just 20hrs

This is the calendar potential employers would follow.......

Not unless he fancies black market work .......... grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Nobody: 7:47am On Jan 13, 2023
wonlasewonimi:

This is correct. The rule applies only until final submission of the thesis.

I have seen guidance on some university pages that says PGT students are in term time beyond submission but the above is what my university told me and what I applied.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by semmyk(m): 9:50am On Jan 13, 2023
Yes, it is. However, school time for the purpose of work restriction has a more stringent definition: term-time
wonlasewonimi:
I thought the restriction is to deter working more than 20hrs during school time? No?
Unfortunately, lots of uni website are outdated. Some are written for Tier 4!
By the way, Home Office ain't assisting with fluid changes.
koonbey:
I have seen guidance on some university pages that says PGT students are in term time beyond submission but the above is what my university told me and what I applied.
wonlasewonimi:
The employer guide to checking right of an employee (student) to work outlined succinctly. See attached.
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1071247/Employer_s_Guide_to_Right_to_Work_Checks__PDF_.pdf
Uni of Bath has one of the easy to read/follow guide - www.bath.ac.uk/guides/working-with-your-student-or-tier-4-visa/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 9:55am On Jan 13, 2023
Good Morning Ladies and Gentlemen, especially the ladies grin

Can someone please recommend a sexy, durable blender for me for basic blending of pepper

grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Goke7: 10:26am On Jan 13, 2023
koonbey:

think it's safer to follow the course end date on your CAS as someone has posted above. Documented evidence is a major thing in the UK, follow wetin dey paper to make it easier to defend yourself should the need be
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by semmyk(m): 10:30am On Jan 13, 2023
This one that keyword is #sexy, is this for early mọmọ blending wink
hustla:
Can someone please recommend a sexy, durable blender for me for basic blending of pepper
grin
Any way, here's compilation from 2022 for not so sexy ones, but #durable
semmyk:
While elder Lexusgs430 is on sabbatical, let us chip in. I'll be brand neutral, hence not specific.
Look for blender that is 3HP (about 2.2KW) engine rating. Any 2000W should do as well. Exception is if there're other defects like the one pointed out here #leak
NB: 1000W would work great for a while but would soon buckle under load or repeated use.
mimilyrics:
I've been using this Ninja brand for yam, okra, beans and the likes - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ninja-Processor-Auto-iQ-BN650UK-Silver/dp/B088TW4B5R
LagosismyHome:
https://www.johnlewis.com/ninja-hb150uk-blender-and-soup-maker/p4833209
I bought this and it was quite good in blending beans smoothly , however it didn't last up to a year. It started leaking and would trip off the light .. only for me to read through the reviews and there were several comment on it leaking
So maybe if you buy it won't leak, as not all does ....lol

rayralph:
https://www.argos.co.uk/product/7912995
MJ01:
Please can anyone suggest link to good deal on a blender/processor that can blend pepper, blend beans and pound yam. Great value, with moderate budget. Thank you in advance

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 10:51am On Jan 13, 2023
semmyk:
This one that keyword is #sexy, is this for early mọmọ blending wink

Any way, here's compilation from 2022 for not so sexy ones, but #durable

grin

Just for regular yoruba guy pepper blending and maybe fit fam juice when belle don big but choi na expensive things i dey see here o

Thanks for the reference
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Resurgent2016: 10:55am On Jan 13, 2023
Hi

Please I missed my passport renewal interview date at the high commission in London. I have tried reaching the commission via call to reschedule but they have not been picking and the reschedule function online appears to be blocked.

Anyone knows how can go about it please?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Nobody: 10:56am On Jan 13, 2023
hustla:

grin

Just for regular yoruba guy pepper blending and maybe fit fam juice when belle don big

Thanks for the reference

If you’re blending small quantity basic stuff you can buy one of those basic blenders that have two jugs. I have one and use one jug exclusively for pepper and the other for smoothies, which works very well. You’ll need another blender or food processor for more serious stuff at some point sha.

The Nutribullet is the best known one in this category but you can find some knockoffs for much cheaper.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 11:01am On Jan 13, 2023
koonbey:

If you’re blending small quantity basic stuff you can buy one of those basic blenders that have two jugs. I have one and use one jug exclusively for pepper and the other for smoothies, which works very well. You’ll need another blender or food processor for more serious stuff at some point sha.

The Nutribullet is the best known one in this category but you can find some knockoffs for much cheaper.

Thanks

How much is the nutribullet?

Quite a few. options on their website
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wonlasewonimi: 11:02am On Jan 13, 2023
semmyk:
Yes, it is. However, school time for the purpose of work restriction has a more stringent definition: term-time

Unfortunately, lots of uni website are outdated. Some are written for Tier 4!
By the way, Home Office ain't assisting with fluid changes.

The employer guide to checking right of an employee (student) to work outlined succinctly. See attached.
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1071247/Employer_s_Guide_to_Right_to_Work_Checks__PDF_.pdf
Uni of Bath has one of the easy to read/follow guide - www.bath.ac.uk/guides/working-with-your-student-or-tier-4-visa/

koonbey:

Lexusgs430:

This is the calendar potential employers would follow.......

Not unless he fancies black market work .......... grin

Thanks to all you for the clarification
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by descarado: 11:11am On Jan 13, 2023
hustla:

grin
For your regular pepper, onions and tomato, get something like this. Avoid kitchenaid mini chopper.

For juice and more serious stuff, get this particular ninja.
The only downside is the inverted cup can hook. Mine hooked, I got another one. Its so sleek too. That's how much I love it.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by descarado: 11:15am On Jan 13, 2023
hustla:

Thanks

How much is the nutribullet?
You use Internet, why can't you check the price?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by rezzy: 11:16am On Jan 13, 2023
Lexusgs430:

You mean all of una squeeze inside one room, like Titus ........ grin

Before you have a problem with the Council, you have your landlord's hurdle to jump ......... cheesy

How old are your girls........

You need a 2 bedroom apartment........

Your answers to questions is always funny. I like it though cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Phil46: 11:22am On Jan 13, 2023
Please guys, I need advice on this.

My course has the option to choose from either a dissertation or a work-based project. Personally, I would prefer the second option because of the work experience it will offer, but I suspect one may need to find the placement himself. Please, which is best out of these options, and if I'm to go for a work-based project, any idea how best to find an employer for it? Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AgentXxx(m): 11:39am On Jan 13, 2023
(
hustla:

grin

Just for regular yoruba guy pepper blending and maybe fit fam juice when belle don big but choi na expensive things i dey see here o

Thanks for the reference

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by eniola1010(m): 12:26pm On Jan 13, 2023
koonbey:

You can apply with a day-old marriage certificate. Ideally though for such short timelines, you'd supply some photos from your wedding alongside. It's not strictly required though but there have been instances of people trying to abuse the system so anything you can supply to eradicate doubt would be good.

If one of two unmarried partner is in uk. And the other one in nigeria want to apply for dependent visa. And because of this application they want to get married. Remember change of surname on the lady's part would have not taken effect yet. All her passport and other documents will still carry her father's name.

Would this be a disadvantage during the visa processing. Wont they say since you are not married why is your name on your documents not carrying your husband's name?

Or should they forget the wedding and simply use utility bills and bank statement showing they live in the same place whilst the man was in Nigeria followed with pictures of both of them togeda
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Wisdom7400(m): 12:46pm On Jan 13, 2023
Please who is In Coventry? I need someone who can accommodate my wife. I would pay
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by giselle237: 1:16pm On Jan 13, 2023
eniola1010:

If one of two unmarried partner is in uk. And the other one in nigeria want to apply for dependent visa. And because of this application they want to get married. Remember change of surname on the lady's part would have not taken effect yet. All her passport and other documents will still carry her father's name.
Would this be a disadvantage during the visa processing. Wont they say since you are not married why is your name on your documents not carrying your husband's name?Or should they forget the wedding and simply use utility bills and bank statement showing they live in the same place whilst the man was in Nigeria followed with pictures of both of them togeda
they dnt care about change of name. If you are married, you are married. Answering your father’s name whilst married in this world doesn’t stop anything

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 3:17pm On Jan 13, 2023
descarado:

You use Internet, why can't you check the price?

undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (805) (806) (807) (808) (809) (810) (811) ... (1007)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.