Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,197 members, 7,818,656 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:59 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (836) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1180535 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (833) (834) (835) (836) (837) (838) (839) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by lightnlife: 8:10pm On Feb 02, 2023
Some time last year, I received a series of newsletters from Creditladder on understanding the mortgage dynamics. It covered several areas from saving to hunting, broker relations and financing.

I'm sharing the link to the full article, hoping it'll help someone as I can't share the newsletters in bits.

https://www.creditladder.co.uk/blog/how-to-get-a-mortgage#find-out-how-much-you-can-borrow

12 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Nobody: 8:47pm On Feb 02, 2023
Lexusgs430:

List yourself on deliveroo......... Snap catalogue befitting pictures and post ......
Is that not self employment? grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 9:17pm On Feb 02, 2023
onecoder:

Is that not self employment? grin

Una don come o ........ Can't a proxy do the cooking......🤣😜
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Newbiein2016: 10:28pm On Feb 02, 2023
Please share your recommendations. I need help ejo!

Newbiein2016:
Good morning everyone,

Could you please advise me on what reliable companies ship items from Lagos to the UK.

Have some items and food stuff to ship.

Thanks.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Herbworks: 10:56pm On Feb 02, 2023
Lexusgs430:

List yourself on deliveroo......... Snap catalogue befitting pictures and post ......

Thanks bro!
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Herbworks: 11:11pm On Feb 02, 2023
hustla:

shocked

Two people sharing one room?

I’m currently sharing a double bed room with 3 others. As long as the manager of the shortlet approve of it no problem.

It’s better than sleeping in the cold
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by semmyk(m): 11:14pm On Feb 02, 2023
Noted in Re: Living In The UK: Mortgage And Related thread
lightnlife:
Some time last year, I received a series of newsletters from Creditladder on understanding mortgage dynamics. It covered several areas from saving to hunting, broker relations and financing.
I'm sharing the link to the full article, hoping it'll help someone as I can't share the newsletters in bits.

https://www.creditladder.co.uk/blog/how-to-get-a-mortgage#find-out-how-much-you-can-borrow

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Teebaa: 11:15pm On Feb 02, 2023
jum33:

I guess that should be AIcore

Exactly. They sound like they know what they are doing.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Teebaa: 11:18pm On Feb 02, 2023
okonja:

Why pay that high for Data Analytics when High Impact Career is there for you. It’s £600 for 10 weeks but subsidized for Nigerians and Africans at large to a price of N200k or it’s equivalent.

Check Ogbeni Dipo’s bio on Twitter for more information.

Really, if they offer similar service to AiCore then that is a good one

Thank you

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Teenwa: 11:18pm On Feb 02, 2023
Good evening Gurus in the house.Please we need your advise and enlightenment on a situation.

I am currently on Tier 4 visa while my husband and children are on dependent visas.(Oct2022).After settling down and starting work,my husband got a US Visa to proceed with his doctorate degree programme in the US(an old application).He left for the US in December.
For now,we are yet to decide on which way to go in terms of settling down after my 1 yr programme. So we are trying to abide by all the rules in case I need to switch to Tier2 here.

Pls enlighten/advise us on this kind of situation to ensure he does not default on his current dependent Visa.

Thanks always .
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by semmyk(m): 11:39pm On Feb 02, 2023
Newbiein2016:
Good morning everyone,
Could you please advise me on what reliable companies ship items from Lagos to the UK.
Have some items and food stuff to ship.
Thanks.
Newbiein2016:
Please share your recommendations. I need help ejo!

9ja to UK
Evagreenfields:
About 5 working days. Shipped on a Wednesday, delivered to me the following Tuesday morning
Evagreenfields:
Hi. I used ship to naija last month to bring in food stuff , books, clothes etc. Found them on IG and they delivered to my door step in the UK
https://instagram.com/shiptonaija?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
AlphaUno:
They are all over Isolo / Ajao Estate axis in Lagos. Call this folks in Manchester, they ship to anywhere in UK.
07802 730559
Foxie:
Please house, kindly recommend courier companies that can ship foodstuffs from Nigeria to the UK. Thank you.

UK to 9ja @Mamatukwas
Mamatukwas:

Awww, how sweet. Super happy for you bro. So shipping UK to Naija starts from £4.50 per kg + £15 handling fee (Office to Office) London to Lagos. Other states vary slightly.

We can pick up from your house from £18 per 0-30kg cardboard box. Otherwise you can send it yourself.

Timeline is typically 4-7 working days from the Friday it departs the UK.

To make a booking kindly send an email (Mon to Fri) to teamcrayonuk@gmail.com and we will sort you out.

Thank you.
AltCtrlDel:
... ... Whenever I saw ur posts relating to shipping while I was in Nigeria, I always prayed that one day I'd work, earn and send things home to my kids and wife from the UK through Mamatukwas Shipping grin

13 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Herbworks: 11:40pm On Feb 02, 2023
Please how can a student build his credit score in the UK?

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by House34: 12:23am On Feb 03, 2023
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by president4life(m): 1:00am On Feb 03, 2023
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by president4life(m): 1:03am On Feb 03, 2023
Wristler:
Please, Is anyone available in Leeds (or know anyone in Leeds) who may help with viewing accommodations.
Transport and Logistics would be covered please.
Thanks

I can help if you have not gotten anyone.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ihategirls(m): 1:07am On Feb 03, 2023
Great
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by president4life(m): 1:12am On Feb 03, 2023
Guys, which credit card is suitable for someone who just got into the UK two weeks ago? How do one build his credit score as a newcomer of two weeks?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Viruses: 1:13am On Feb 03, 2023
Where is Amarathripple0 and TheGuyFromHR. Haven't seen their post on this thread in a while.

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Viruses: 1:14am On Feb 03, 2023
president4life:
Guys, which credit card is suitable for someone who just got into the UK two weeks ago? How do one build his credit score as a newcomer of two weeks?

Amex has a high approval rate but I can't tell if 2 weeks is sufficient. Give it a try with my referral link.

Use responsibly.

https://americanexpress.com/en-gb/referral/uREFEOqmgM?XL=MNANS

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Joshua62: 1:19am On Feb 03, 2023
I finally secured accommodation in Sunderland, SR2 to be precise.

Abeg oo how I fit secure jobs asap to take hold body and soul. Any tips or recruitment agencies I can work up too.
I dey on 20hrs limit o.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by president4life(m): 1:58am On Feb 03, 2023
Viruses:

Amex has a high approval rate but I can't tell if 2 weeks is sufficient. Give it a try with my referral link.

Use responsibly.

https://americanexpress.com/en-gb/referral/uREFEOqmgM?XL=MNANS

Thank you but application unsuccessful
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 2:32am On Feb 03, 2023
president4life:

Do you fully understand the credit card concept....... No go chop fish, wey get wonky bones .......😭😜

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by eniola1010(m): 4:03am On Feb 03, 2023
I usually think if an employer sponsors someone from nigeria with cos, thats all thats needed for the person to pack his bags and travel as well as the ihs, visa fee and other peripheral stuffs.

Not until recently i started seeing point based criteria. I'm quite confused. Can someone explain please.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 4:26am On Feb 03, 2023
president4life:

Thank you but application unsuccessful

Might be a blessing in disguise..........😂
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Newbiein2016: 4:39am On Feb 03, 2023
Thanks a lot
semmyk:

9ja to UK

UK to 9ja @Mamatukwas

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by okonja(m): 5:48am On Feb 03, 2023
Teebaa:

Really, if they offer similar service to AiCore then that is a good one

Thank you

What matter most is getting the hands-on experience and a placement at the end of the course. There are testimonies from previous cohorts that went through the same training process and have landed themselves a good paying jobs that comes with sponsorship.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by semmyk(m): 6:21am On Feb 03, 2023
UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa
eniola1010:
I usually think if an employer sponsors someone from nigeria with cos, thats all thats needed for the person to pack his bags and travel as well as the ihs, visa fee and other peripheral stuffs.
Not until recently i started seeing point based criteria. I'm quite confused. Can someone explain please.

(1) (2) (3) ... (833) (834) (835) (836) (837) (838) (839) ... (1007)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.