Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,720 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:50 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (902) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1180606 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (899) (900) (901) (902) (903) (904) (905) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 8:07pm On Mar 25, 2023
rinzylee:

Interesting.....why you laughing though?

I do Β£500 but we are only 9 including myself.

How many una dey?

23 of us ..... πŸ˜‚

Make I no laugh...... When payday is approaching, I must laugh nah...... It looked like next month, would not arrive ......πŸ˜‚

A couple of month's ago, one of our contributors died .....

The wife simply carried on ...... He had life insurance, so wife cashed out ........😜🀣

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by MichaelUde: 8:14pm On Mar 25, 2023
[quote author=Lexusgs430 post=122058764]

Ever heard of a trust...... We need to understand the concept of wealth preservation.......😁[/quote

I hope say you don do am already o...

https://www.ageuk.org.uk/information-advice/care/paying-for-care/paying-for-a-care-home/deprivation-of-assets/

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by rinzylee(m): 8:17pm On Mar 25, 2023
Lexusgs430:

23 of us ..... πŸ˜‚

Make I no laugh...... When payday is approaching, I must laugh nah...... It looked like next month, would not arrive ......πŸ˜‚

The wife simply carried on ...... He had life insurance, so wife cashed out ........😜🀣

Whaaaaat £15,400 😲

Chai... my guy wife don cash out o.

Good thing she was put in the know. ... and of course you guys are wonderful people to admit her.

Nna e be like say I go join una o...

Space dey ?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 8:21pm On Mar 25, 2023
[quote author=MichaelUde post=122059214][/quote]

The more you read, the less you understand..... Ever heard of the 7 year rule........πŸ˜‚

Nah public funds go still pay for my eventual care .....πŸ˜œπŸ˜‚πŸ€£

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 8:22pm On Mar 25, 2023
rinzylee:

Whaaaaat £15,400 😲

Chai... my guy wife don cash out o.

Good thing she was put in the know. ... and of course you guys are wonderful people to admit her.

Nna e be like say I go join una o...

Space dey ?

My wife no no say I dey this osusu..........😜

Hopefully, I no go kick bucket........😁

All contributors are known (directly/indirectly).......
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by MichaelUde: 8:23pm On Mar 25, 2023
Lexusgs430:

The more you read, the less you understand..... Ever heard of the 7 year rule........πŸ˜‚

Nah public funds go still pay for my eventual care .....πŸ˜œπŸ˜‚πŸ€£

The more I read, the more I do understand... cheesy

The 7 year rule applies to inheritance tax only, not to deprivation of assets. wink

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Oakande: 8:29pm On Mar 25, 2023
Lexusgs430:

Or better still, get an android device with modded audiomack or spotify........😜🀣😁

Lol, no now
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Oakande: 8:38pm On Mar 25, 2023
gergemam:

Apple Music might not work except you already have the app signed in from Nigeria before coming in.

Spotify is working though

Okay, would give Spotify a try, thanks.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Bourne007(m): 8:42pm On Mar 25, 2023
Chai! These lenders are not smiling ọ. Though I didn't use them but I once got 5% AIP with Natwest

Solumtoya:

I'm in the market now, and for a fresh immigrant, this is not as easy. In fact, most offer 25% if you've been here less than 2 years.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by tushqueen(f): 8:46pm On Mar 25, 2023
wonlasewonimi:

Let me tell you what is going to happen;

- They will raise a dispute and appoint an independent adjudicator
- You will provide all your evidence with photos and so much shalaye
- The idiotic adjudicator will rule in their favour
- You will not get a penny and you will be pissed off for few days.

It happened to me few years ago, suffice to say I am still pissed off with them for chopping my Β£1500 deposit.

Hmmnnnn, na scam dem be jare

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by rinzylee(m): 9:07pm On Mar 25, 2023
Lexusgs430:

My wife no no say I dey this osusu..........😜

Hopefully, I no go kick bucket........😁

All contributors are known (directly/indirectly).......

Lol....go and tell the woman jari. Abi she go increase billing πŸ˜‚
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 9:26pm On Mar 25, 2023
MichaelUde:

The more I read, the more I do understand... cheesy

The 7 year rule applies to inheritance tax only, not to deprivation of assets. wink

Digest this for the moment...... I dey come .......🀣

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by davide470(m): 9:31pm On Mar 25, 2023
Lexusgs430:

Ever heard of a trust...... We need to understand the concept of wealth preservation.......😁
Talking about Trust brought back memories of how the wonderful Ticha broke down wealth preservation and practical steps they are taking.

Semmyk, please do the honors πŸ™‚

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 9:52pm On Mar 25, 2023
rinzylee:

Lol....go and tell the woman jari. Abi she go increase billing πŸ˜‚

Madam no dey bill me o ...... She dey collect salary nah ......
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by MichaelUde: 10:32pm On Mar 25, 2023
Lexusgs430:

Digest this for the moment...... I dey come .......🀣

Digested before you even prepared the fufu and ogbono for me to eat. cheesy

That is why my very first comment in this exchange na: "Hope say you don already constitute a trust over your assets wey you no wan make them use pay for any potential period of time wey dem go dey spray you foam for body" grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mex551(m): 10:43pm On Mar 25, 2023
Santa2:

Still paying NGN4,400 from my Netflix subscription that I did while in Nigeria. Highest package oo
and you watch all these British films? I heard that there is a restriction when it’s not Netflix uk. How true?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Nobody: 10:50pm On Mar 25, 2023
Bourne007:
Chai! These lenders are not smiling ọ. Though I didn't use them but I once got 5% AIP with Natwest

While on Tier 2?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by rinzylee(m): 11:22pm On Mar 25, 2023
Lexusgs430:

Madam no dey bill me o ...... She dey collect salary nah ......

Lol...you must still dash her money jari. Na your baby!!
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by lavida001: 11:37pm On Mar 25, 2023
Lexusgs430:

If you join an osusu group of 20 people, @ Β£500 per month.........

Let's assume you pack last, you would be collecting Β£10K .......

Β£10K parked....... Repeat process, another Β£10K parked in 40 month's (not touching your collection).....

In 60 month's, Β£30K parked....... Source extra funds for conveyancing, survey etc etc ........

And if it's a couple combining resources...... EVEN EASIER......

NEVER SAY NEVER.......πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜œπŸ”’πŸ”

NO PAIN ..... NO GAIN.....

Na to see trusted 20 people be issue
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 11:42pm On Mar 25, 2023
MichaelUde:

Digested before you even prepared the fufu and ogbono for me to eat. cheesy

That is why my very first comment in this exchange na: "Hope say you don already constitute a trust over your assets wey you no wan make them use pay for any potential period of time wey dem go dey spray you foam for body" grin

I am fully ready for white foam + barrier cream and regular turns ..........😜

My assets are fully guarded........ Even if man marry my daughter's, come decide to divorce them....... He shall not be entitled to any of my assets.......😁🀣😜

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 11:44pm On Mar 25, 2023
lavida001:

Na to see trusted 20 people be issue

We have professional osusu organisers....... I can refer you to our coordinator, but you might be made to collect last ....... 😁😜

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 11:45pm On Mar 25, 2023
mex551:
and you watch all these British films? I heard that there is a restriction when it’s not Netflix uk. How true?

Ever heard this acronym........ VPN .......😁
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by rinzylee(m): 11:45pm On Mar 25, 2023
Lexusgs430:

We have professional osusu organisers....... I can refer you to our coordinator, but you might be made to collect last ....... 😁😜

Oya o
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by lavida001: 11:47pm On Mar 25, 2023
Lexusgs430:

23 of us ..... πŸ˜‚

You just dey catch cruiise
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 11:48pm On Mar 25, 2023
rinzylee:

Lol...you must still dash her money jari. Na your baby!!

I don spend some of my collection, ensuring she gets a decent rest + all body massage on tap ......

Getting ready for retirement bed .......πŸ˜‚πŸ˜

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 11:50pm On Mar 25, 2023
rinzylee:

Oya o

Send a whatsapp message.....
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 11:51pm On Mar 25, 2023
lavida001:

You just dey catch cruiise

But in the midst of the cruise, some information nuggets are dropped ........🀣😜

Work and play, lays more emphasis on the core points......😁

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Bourne007(m): 11:52pm On Mar 25, 2023
At the time, yes but never proceeded with the application.

koonbey:

While on Tier 2?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by lavida001: 11:53pm On Mar 25, 2023
Lexusgs430:

But in the midst of the cruise, some information nuggets are dropped ........🀣😜

Work and play, lays more emphasis on the core points......😁
πŸ’―
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Maureen4sure: 12:02am On Mar 26, 2023
@semmyk,Β  Thank you, and God bless.

The VC office has given positive feedback, but you know it's a process.

I'm hoping for the best.

Thank you for taking time out to study my situation and give me some positive options.

Our very own encyclopedia

semmyk:
Great. You've escalated to the VC office.
Trust you also copied the International office, registrar in.
Someone mention Twitter, kindly do that as well.

Below are from your university. PS: I only researched. I don't have firsthand experience of ENU.
See link here and pic for extract.
Apparently, 2nd attempt at Napier is considered β€˜Extenuating Circumstances’ , which has its own (Linksmiley procedure
In the circumstances, perhaps you might explore
- Apply for Retrospective Extenuating Circumstances
- Apply for Exceptional Extenuating Circumstances
Kindly pay attention to your university's Regulation A7 (noting A7.10 & A7.11) read with A4.1b and A4.1

Regarding PGDip as opposed to MSc, my understanding of how university works, is that, indeed, you can 'exit' with a 'lesser' degree award. By its nature, PGDip does not require you to fulfill the 'thesis/dissertation' requirement. Kindly, reaffirm if you must submit thesis/dissertation for PGDip.
In actual fact, what's common is for student to complete coursework and opt to exit with PGDip, instead of the MSc; by simply excluding themselves from the thesis/dissertation/project.
For your university, kindly take note of Regulation A4.1[/b]a), b), [b]c) or f) which enables Napier to conferred PGDip as Aegrotat award (unclassified) to you. Read A11.11 and A4.8 (perhaps with A11.12) alongside A4.1c
PS: the Scottish NQF is similar but different from England.

[Disclaimer: I'm not exactly sure how this work]. You may want to explore doing the one outstanding course through Open University.

#peace #AyoNio

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by rinzylee(m): 12:34am On Mar 26, 2023
Lexusgs430:

I don spend some of my collection, ensuring she gets a decent rest + all body massage on tap ......

Getting ready for retirement bed .......πŸ˜‚πŸ˜

This man, you no get worry for this life at all. πŸ˜‚

Enjoy o
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 12:44am On Mar 26, 2023
Clocks going 4ward one hour tonight...... Don't oversleep......🀣😜

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (899) (900) (901) (902) (903) (904) (905) ... (1007)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.