Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,603 members, 7,816,500 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:05 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (914) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1177589 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (911) (912) (913) (914) (915) (916) (917) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Estroller: 4:33pm On Apr 01, 2023
toolluu:
Is applying for council house as an international student under using public funds?

Capital yes

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LifeisShort01: 4:44pm On Apr 01, 2023
Good evening Everyone

A room available in Glasgow in a shared apartment.
£450PCM. All bills inclusive.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by SpicyMimi(f): 5:03pm On Apr 01, 2023
Bodacious1:
Hi,

I have submitted my application and will do my biometrics capture early May.
When did you submit and how come your biometric is May? I think people do biometrics online now.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Vintagee: 5:11pm On Apr 01, 2023
Santa2:

@vintagee You can actually open the account this very minute with just £1. You dont have to wait till you get the full £4000 to open the account. Open the account, what ever amount you have you put in it. Minimum amount to open is £1. So long as you are below 40 before you open the account then you are fine, even if its just a day before.
Thank you.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by shfizle(m): 5:33pm On Apr 01, 2023
Afmaag123:
Good day All, Please for those who used Flutter by Barter for payment of IHS, how did you get your refund?. I used that for my sisters n her sons payment but used my master card for her hubby n daughters. I can see a refund for her hubby n daughters but couldn't access the flutter by Barter account. Pls has anyone been able to?.

IHS sent a mail requesting an alternative account to pay the money. Gave them my UK account and voila.. I don't how it worked but it seems when they make the payment it bouces back so they need another account to pay it to as long as its the same account name. Took a while to get it though, had to call after the usual processing time was exceeded.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by lightnlife: 6:05pm On Apr 01, 2023
Not sure Revolut reports to credit referencing companies.

I'd advise you use a conventional bank for those payments.

*Note that not all direct debit instructions (even with conventional banks) are reported to credit referencing companies.

elengine:
Good evening to the whole house. Pls does the direct debit on my revolut account help my credit score. Would they consider it as they do for other conventional banks. Otherwise, should I move those recurring transactions to Lloyd Bank

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by lightnlife: 6:15pm On Apr 01, 2023
Take your time and settle in well. Enjoy your days of hopping on the bus/train. 😂 You'll miss it once you start driving.

When you're ready, you'll know.

In the meantime, you can get indicative insurance quotes on;

www.confused.com
www.comparethemarket.com

For road taxes, check here: www.gov.uk/vehicle-tax-rate-tables

pheranmie:

Please like how much will that cost, the issue of insurance and road tax has been discouraging me from cars as io am still struggling at the moment. what third party agent will you advise thanks

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by lightnlife: 6:17pm On Apr 01, 2023
My experience: my credit score initially dipped but got boosted afterwards.

It's double win: more money, more scores.😂

But then, I ain't worried about the score since I'm not missing my payments.

pheranmie:
please the ongoing account switch
can i switch from Halifax current account to nat west and its wont affect my credit score
that £200 shey koko o

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AgentXxx(m): 6:17pm On Apr 01, 2023
Yes there are both part of the switch scheme. Even Monzo qualifies.
hustla:

Can I switch Starling / Lloyds?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by lightnlife: 6:17pm On Apr 01, 2023
WorldRemit!

hustla:
Good afternoon

Please who knows how I can transfer from UK to someone's Dom account in Nigeria?

Revolut and Monzo are showing me shege pro max. Wrong sort code issues and different excuses

Which other app offers this service?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wonlasewonimi: 6:51pm On Apr 01, 2023
hustla:
Good afternoon

Please who knows how I can transfer from UK to someone's Dom account in Nigeria?

Revolut and Monzo are showing me shege pro max. Wrong sort code issues and different excuses

Which other app offers this service?

Revolut is the best for this

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Teenwa: 7:29pm On Apr 01, 2023
Please which WIFI is good and cheap ?Kindly recommend.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AlphaUno: 8:23pm On Apr 01, 2023
If you are a new immigrant with NO RECOURSE TO PUBLIC FUNDS, and cost of living is getting to you, there are many ways you can get help without flouting your visa rules.

- Visit Churches close to you and speak with officials and they give out foods weekly to members and first-timers eg Catholic, Winners etc
- Food banks run by charity orgs are scattered all over your local areas, Google and you ll see dates and times they give out vouchers that you can redeem to get food.
- Check out Food to go app
- Check out Gov dot uk for extensive lists of help available to your household
- Help from your local councils. Once you let them know that you have NRTPF, they will let you know the scheme you qualify for.

No one is left out, especially if you work and have NI and you have children,

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 8:54pm On Apr 01, 2023
Solumtoya:

Sendwave, WorldRemit, etc.

Thanks!
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 8:54pm On Apr 01, 2023
Estroller:

You can switch to any bank, but to receive the switching bonus, there has to be an offer from the bank you are switching to. See link below for the current offers.
https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/banking/compare-best-bank-accounts/

Ill look at the link!

Many thanks!
lightnlife:
WorldRemit!

Thanks!
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Maureen4sure: 9:25pm On Apr 01, 2023
Hello everyone.

Abeg, can someone please share step by step of passport renewal in the UK.

its urgent, 

Thanks.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hyzich(m): 9:27pm On Apr 01, 2023
AgentXxx:
You can’t eat your cake and have it. You have to choose one. Person like me no care about Credit score because I no Dey plan mortgage anytime soon. Have been switching like kilode 😎those 200£ and 175£ na him be the koko

Can I switch from revolut to natwest? Abi na only highstreet banks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AgentXxx(m): 9:31pm On Apr 01, 2023
Revolut and Monese no be bank, they no qualify 😂
hyzich:

Can I switch from revolut to natwest? Abi na only highstreet banks

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by rayralph(m): 10:23pm On Apr 01, 2023
Maureen4sure:
Hello everyone.

Abeg, can someone please share step by step of passport renewal in the UK.

its urgent, 

Thanks.

apply - https://passportintl.immigration.gov.ng/

Fill all information.

Continue

It will take you to innovate (payment platform) for payment.

Back to immigration website - Book appointment.

Buy postal order.

Appointment

Expect passport.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by samsmokey: 10:38pm On Apr 01, 2023
[quote author=shfizle post=122223478]

HAS
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Phenmeson(m): 10:40pm On Apr 01, 2023
rayralph:

Fill all information.

Continue

Buy postal order.

Appointment

Expect passport.

I do passport since January. Collection na March 20. Up till now, dey neva even verify my NIN.
Dey serve me breakfast. I won go do lyk Portable for dem dia coming week because der staffs are not helpful and don't even know Customer service.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Maureen4sure: 10:45pm On Apr 01, 2023
@rayralph, Much appreciated.

Thanks

rayralph:

Fill all information.

Continue

Buy postal order.

Appointment

Expect passport.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Oakande: 10:46pm On Apr 01, 2023
Omotaday:
It is safer if you can open coinbase, send your USDT there, sell it to coinbase and withdraw your fund inside monzo or revolut, then send to your Lloyds bank account. I have been doing this for months without issue

Please what if i want to deposit GBP to Binance or Coinbase? Can i simply use debit card or do a bank transfer?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Oakande: 11:32pm On Apr 01, 2023
Newbie123:

Please I sent you a DM

Me too
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dustydee: 11:38pm On Apr 01, 2023
Oakande:

Please what if i want to deposit GBP to Binance or Coinbase? Can i simply use debit card or do a bank transfer?
A lot of banks have stopped processing payments to exchanges. You can try Revolut. If not use p2p on Binance but be cautious.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by pheranmie(m): 12:11am On Apr 02, 2023
AgentXxx:
You can’t eat your cake and have it. You have to choose one. Person like me no care about Credit score because I no Dey plan mortgage anytime soon. Have been switching like kilode 😎those 200£ and 175£ na him be the koko

Omoh no problem na we go run am noni
Please how I go run the switch to nat west.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Oakande: 12:49am On Apr 02, 2023
Lexusgs430:

That is part of the reason Nigeria, remains a fantastically corrupt shithole ........

The insurance sector of a country/economy, forms a core sector, not an optional element ......😂🤣

NB : If you drive a car without adequate insurance cover....... Expect some or a combination of this ......

- Big fine
- Prison sentence
- Points on your licence
- immigration status revocation/deportation
- Vehicle seized + collection tax imposed

Imagine been involved in a accident, resulting in the loss of a life (expect the extreme of above listed consequences).........😅

If you cannot afford to insure a car, buy a bicycle 🚲🚲🚲🚲.....🥵😜

Or E-Scooter lol
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Oakande: 12:51am On Apr 02, 2023
dustydee:

A lot of banks have stopped processing payments to exchanges. You can try Revolut. If not use p2p on Binance but be cautious.

Ok boss, thank you, just that my binance and Coinbase account are verified with Nigerian ID, can’t do p2p outside the region.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Oakande: 12:54am On Apr 02, 2023
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Oakande: 1:05am On Apr 02, 2023
AlphaUno:

I got ££ and need some Naira, anyone nice rate 94 available?

Still need?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 2:23am On Apr 02, 2023
Oakande:

Or E-Scooter lol

It's not a legal means of transportation.......

https://www.met.police.uk/advice/advice-and-information/rs/road-safety/advice-escooters/#:~:text=Legal%20use%20of%20an%20e,and%20follow%20road%20traffic%20regulations.

(1) (2) (3) ... (911) (912) (913) (914) (915) (916) (917) ... (1007)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.