Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,500 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (918) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1181747 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (915) (916) (917) (918) (919) (920) (921) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by eniola1010(m): 6:07pm On Apr 03, 2023
If someone has cos for care work. Can such person do do another work not related to care in his or her leisure
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Anitaamich: 6:11pm On Apr 03, 2023
Viruses:

So sorry about this, only one serious fault o 😕.
When you say "and going forward with the journey " do you mean that since you have found yourself in the middle (or first lane for example) you should have just taken the first or second exit rather than proceeding to the third?

Yes, that would be the best thing to do because you don’t get any fault for going the wrong way
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by rinzylee(m): 6:33pm On Apr 03, 2023
AKALAMAGBO:
Just failed practical driving test… I failed due to staying on the middle lane instead of last lane for a 3rd exit roundabout and going forward with the journey and the woman examiner doesn’t even smile a bit throughout the 45 minutes journey…

We go again, no wahala…

🙄🙄🙄

Sorry o... go again... you go pass am.

Women no dey smile sha.

What area is this?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AKALAMAGBO: 6:49pm On Apr 03, 2023
I continued with the journey since I was taught by my instructor that you must continue the journey, the satnav will re-route you, cutting back to the other lane in a busy roundabout without due caution might cause a serious accident, so they advice you always continue with the journey. But to my dismay, examiners remark was different…. My instructor asked me to make a complaint through the email I received, but I just let go cos that won’t solve anything…

It’s really painful bro, I felt sad
Viruses:

So sorry about this, only one serious fault o 😕.
When you say "and going forward with the journey " do you mean that since you have found yourself in the middle (or first lane for example) you should have just taken the first or second exit rather than proceeding to the third?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AKALAMAGBO: 6:50pm On Apr 03, 2023
Bro… she never smiled a bit and she was putting on shade throughout the whole journey..
Wednesbury in Wolverhampton
rinzylee:

Sorry o... go again... you go pass am.

Women no dey smile sha.

What area is this?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by rinzylee(m): 6:53pm On Apr 03, 2023
AKALAMAGBO:
Bro… she never smiled a bit and she was putting on shade throughout the whole journey..
Wednesbury in Wolverhampton

Nawa o....it is well. I am avoiding the route that a woman controls in my city here.

Was it instructors car or yours you used?

I have been trying to book an instructor, 4 months wait mehn, I dey reason to just carry my car go there, go do the test.

Tired of waiting!!!
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Tier4Dependant: 6:55pm On Apr 03, 2023
AKALAMAGBO:
Just failed practical driving test… I failed due to staying on the middle lane instead of last lane for a 3rd exit roundabout and going forward with the journey and the woman examiner doesn’t even smile a bit throughout the 45 minutes journey…

We go again, no wahala…

🙄🙄🙄

Sorry bros. Always keep an eye on road markings esp when approaching those yeye roundabouts.

Rebook and smash it!!!

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 7:12pm On Apr 03, 2023
Mindlog:

See hustle.🤣🤣🤣

No time bros

grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 7:14pm On Apr 03, 2023
eniola1010:
If someone has cos for care work. Can such person do do another work not related to care in his or her leisure

only 20 hrs in a care related role last time I checked

Seems it was changed some months ago though
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 7:14pm On Apr 03, 2023
AgentXxx:
Ahhh, better you subscribe, the guy drops updates steady

Done cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AKALAMAGBO: 7:21pm On Apr 03, 2023
Used my instructors, those people can report you if you drive your car there and fail. They will watch you drive your car away from the center then call the police, saying you failed but you still driving your car. If you are sure of passing or have someone with full license go with you, you can use your car bro…
rinzylee:

Nawa o....it is well. I am avoiding the route that a woman controls in my city here.

I have been trying to book an instructor, 4 months wait mehn, I dey reason to just carry my car go there, go do the test.

Tired of waiting!!!

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AKALAMAGBO: 7:22pm On Apr 03, 2023
I swear… You got it, looking ahead is really the key…
Tier4Dependant:

Sorry bros. Always keep an eye on road markings esp when approaching those yeye roundabouts.

Rebook and smash it!!!
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by lightnlife: 7:31pm On Apr 03, 2023
What A Day!

Took my theory test today.

Guess what! I failed...😃

And no, it wasn't the multiple choice questions (45/50), it was the hazard perception (37/70).

At clip 6, it flagged my clicking pattern. Marks were lost for that. Took caution and simply clicked on the real danger...the result na 37 ooo. My lesson: the exam click pattern is totally different from the 4-in-1 pattern.

I'm really pained😭 cos I messed up, having to queue again for their endless test dates.

Can't remember the last time I failed an exam/test.🤪

No wahala! We go again, this time with a bang!

6 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by tobbyoladejo: 7:43pm On Apr 03, 2023
habhidhemhii:
Have you sorted this out?

If no, Worldremit does this perfectly and swiftly.

You can use my link. We'll both get bonuses.

Sign up at https://www.worldremit.com/en/refer-a-friend/invited?code=REFER1H1Y2CUPLDKP
Please does this work the other way too? I mean transferring from a Nigerian dom (dollar) account to a Revolut dollar/pounds account?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by DrYa: 8:00pm On Apr 03, 2023
[quote author=CowbellY post=122056495]

Qatar Airways is in Naira. Others in USD, only accept payments in USD[/quotehi bro, can you help me out. The qatar I'm seeing is not in naira.
It's in pounds, also showing in other currencies..us dollar, Singapore dollars etc.
Pls how can I pay for my flight in naira.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by DrYa: 8:02pm On Apr 03, 2023
CowbellY:

Qatar Airways is in Naira. Others in USD, only accept payments in USD

hi bro, can you help me out. The qatar I'm seeing is not in naira.
It's in pounds, also showing in other currencies..us dollar, Singapore dollars etc.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by habhidhemhii: 8:05pm On Apr 03, 2023
hustla:

Not yet, will try again today

Does it go to the person's account if u send using world remit?
Yes it goes directly into the domiciliary account and within seconds too.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by habhidhemhii: 8:05pm On Apr 03, 2023
tobbyoladejo:

Please does this work the other way too? I mean transferring from a Nigerian dom (dollar) account to a Revolut dollar/pounds account?
Oh no it doesn't. You can try if you have a card for the Dom account sha
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by deept(m): 8:14pm On Apr 03, 2023
tobbyoladejo:

Yes, done it recently
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by deept(m): 8:17pm On Apr 03, 2023
DrYa:

hi bro, can you help me out. The qatar I'm seeing is not in naira.

Searched today for flights using Qatar airways and was quoted in naira. Maybe because departure was from Los. I searched using Google Los to dxb, was looking for Dubai flight, clocked on Qatar airways one of the results of the search and prices were in naira.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by rinzylee(m): 8:18pm On Apr 03, 2023
AKALAMAGBO:
Used my instructors, those people can report you if you drive your car there and fail. They will watch you drive your car away from the center then call the police, saying you failed but you still driving your car. If you are sure of passing or have someone with full license go with you, you can use your car bro…

Wow...thank you sir
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Damilolly(f): 8:23pm On Apr 03, 2023
CAC is an indigenous Nigerian church so they might do services in Yoruba. Do a search for their website.
There're at least two in North London I think. Though I know one had a fire and when I passed a few weeks ago it was still being repairs or so.

babajeje123:

Lol...I feel wear am go ding hymns o

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Viruses: 8:31pm On Apr 03, 2023
Anitaamich:

Yes, that would be the best thing to do because you don’t get any fault for going the wrong way

Thank you.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Viruses: 8:32pm On Apr 03, 2023
AKALAMAGBO:
I continued with the journey since I was taught by my instructor that you must continue the journey, the satnav will re-route you, cutting back to the other lane in a busy roundabout without due caution might cause a serious accident, so they advice you always continue with the journey. But to my dismay, examiners remark was different…. My instructor asked me to make a complaint through the email I received, but I just let go cos that won’t solve anything…

It’s really painful bro, I felt sad
So sorry. That's is how things are when left to the discretion of one person.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Viruses: 8:37pm On Apr 03, 2023
rinzylee:

Tired of waiting!!!

I learnt today that if you want to use your car, you should not drive there alone with provisional licence, someone has to join/drive you there. Try to find out about this.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by rinzylee(m): 8:44pm On Apr 03, 2023
Viruses:

I learnt today that if you want to use your car, you should not drive there alone with provisional licence, someone has to join/drive you there. Try to find out about this.

Ok chief. That should actually be the right thing to do.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Viruses: 8:51pm On Apr 03, 2023
lightnlife:
What A Day!

Guess what! I failed...😃

And no, it wasn't the multiple choice questions (45/50), it was the hazard perception (37/70).

At clip 6, it flagged my clicking pattern. Marks were lost for that. Took caution and simply clicked on the real danger...the result na 37 ooo. My lesson: the exam click pattern is totally different from the 4-in-1 pattern.

I'm really pained😭 cos I messed up, having to queue again for their endless test dates.

Try watch some youtube videos then practice with 4-in-1.

It's not like the click pattern is different, 4-in-1 teaches you to click everything even road sign and bend instead of the actual hazard.

The double click strategy helps alot too.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mindlog: 9:02pm On Apr 03, 2023
hustla:

No time bros

grin

Na so, every £ counts. grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by rinzylee(m): 9:06pm On Apr 03, 2023
Good evening elders!

Please Let me paint a scenarion, I need advice.

You do a partnership business in naija, but not in your name.

Proceeds come and you decide to collect money in Fx.

Can they send the money to my REVOLUT or LLOYD bank?

Will UKVI or HMRC query the source or expect me to pay tax on it?

Is it a crime to earn money from outside the UK?

If the narration comes as something unofficial, will it raise brows?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AgentXxx(m): 9:07pm On Apr 03, 2023
I don fail theory test twice and it’s always the mcq both times I scored 40 and 42 but I always smash the hazard perception 60 and 64 respectively. Don’t click too much and also make to click on time.
lightnlife:
What A Day!

Guess what! I failed...😃

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by donald197: 9:08pm On Apr 03, 2023
Thank you
giselle237:
God is good logistics cheaper than dhl
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by semmyk(m): 9:26pm On Apr 03, 2023
donald197:
Pls who knows any cheap way of sending stuff(clothes) from naija to UK. The prices that DHL is quoting are killing
giselle237:
God is good logistics cheaper than dhl
P. 885:
Solumtoya:
I will get that info. All I did was to go pick it up at Peckham. The phone number I had to call for pick up was 07915243229. Their office address here is Covenant Air and Sea Cargo Ltd, 9 Peckham Park Rd, London SE15 6TR.

Overall, the service was fair. Goods arrived intact and on time, so I can't really complain.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (915) (916) (917) (918) (919) (920) (921) ... (1007)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.