Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,178 members, 7,829,225 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:59 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (928) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1191927 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (925) (926) (927) (928) (929) (930) (931) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 12:43pm On Apr 09, 2023
rinzylee:

Oh thanks man.

Does the Parent need to be financially buoyant?

Not really but if they are it helps.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 12:44pm On Apr 09, 2023
bigtt76:
You can have your credits though. All you need is show that your guest would not have to resort to public funds for accommodation or feeding.

When you say credit what are you referring to?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by rinzylee(m): 12:46pm On Apr 09, 2023
justwise:
[/b]

Not really but if they are it helps.

Cool.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bigtt76(f): 12:48pm On Apr 09, 2023
Good credit card limit.

justwise:

When you say credit what are you referring to?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by rinzylee(m): 12:51pm On Apr 09, 2023
bigtt76:
Good credit card limit.

I no get CC sef. That thing still dey fear me.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 12:57pm On Apr 09, 2023
justwise:

I disagree, amount left is at the end of the month is even more important. if you got nothing left at the end of the month how will you be able to invite someone who will ultimately depend on you financially?

If you have a transaction of £200 per month, to the person you're inviting..........

That £200 pcm, stops whilst the person is with you ....... I say again, it's all about the approach........

I invited my parents and in-laws, with less than £100 end balance....... And none of them ever got rejected.......

So I say again.........🤑😁🤣😜
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by rinzylee(m): 12:59pm On Apr 09, 2023
Lexusgs430:

If you have a transaction of £200 per month, to the person you're inviting..........

That £200 pcm, stops whilst the person is with you ....... I say again, it's all about the approach........

I invited my parents and in-laws, with less than £100 end balance....... And none of them ever got rejected.......

What was the traffic in your account like?

What was your salary cap?

These should be the considerations
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 1:04pm On Apr 09, 2023
rinzylee:

Hence, it's about the approach and a holistic view ......
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by rinzylee(m): 1:09pm On Apr 09, 2023
Lexusgs430:

Hence, it's about the approach and a holistic view ......

No wahala.. it won't hurt to try with empty but responsible account.

Thank you sir
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 1:34pm On Apr 09, 2023
bigtt76:
Good credit card limit.

That will help.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 1:34pm On Apr 09, 2023
rinzylee:

No wahala.. it won't hurt to try with empty but responsible account.

Thank you sir

If £0.00 balance is an issue........ How much should be the end balance, before one can feel comfortable, sponsoring a UK visitor...........🤣😭😂
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ukay2: 1:34pm On Apr 09, 2023
rinzylee:

I no get CC sef. That thing still dey fear me.

Why e de fear you?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 1:35pm On Apr 09, 2023
Lexusgs430:

Ok but i still disagree with you and i wouldn't encourage anyone to gamble it

6 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ukay2: 1:35pm On Apr 09, 2023
Lexusgs430:

You wey be ancestor for UK 🇬🇧 grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by rinzylee(m): 1:41pm On Apr 09, 2023
ukay2:

Why e de fear you?

Baba.... I no just like to borrow money. Some nasty past experiences still give me PTSD, even though na Naija factor cause am.

Maybe next year!
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by heroshark(m): 1:47pm On Apr 09, 2023
Quick question supreme mentors!

Abeg if I have a valid visa in an expired passport will I be able to use it?

I have a 5-year US visa and my passport will expire in March 2024, will I be able to use the visa in the old passport together with my new passport to travel or the visa because invalid as my passport expires!
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 1:48pm On Apr 09, 2023
justwise:

Ok but i still disagree with you and i wouldn't encourage anyone to gamble it

May I ask ......

How much should reflect in the end balance, to provide adequate cushion, towards a successful application......

NB : Application for 2 retired parents.........
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 1:50pm On Apr 09, 2023
ukay2:

You wey be ancestor for UK 🇬🇧 grin

It's all about packaging...... How you package the application, plus wordings in your application letter.......😜🤣

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 1:51pm On Apr 09, 2023
heroshark:
Quick question supreme mentors!

Abeg if I have a valid visa in an expired passport will I be able to use it?

I have a 5-year US visa and my passport will expire in March 2024, will I be able to use the visa in the old passport together with my new passport to travel or the visa because invalid as my passport expires!

Ever heard or seen rubber band passports .........😂

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 1:52pm On Apr 09, 2023
rinzylee:

Baba.... I no just like to borrow money. Some nasty past experiences still give me PTSD, even though na Naija factor cause am.

Maybe next year!

No worry....... Den no go send SMS messages, to all your contacts..........😭🤣😂

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by rinzylee(m): 2:42pm On Apr 09, 2023
Lexusgs430:

No worry....... Den no go send SMS messages, to all your contacts..........😭🤣😂

😂 😂 You are not a nice person 😢 😢 😩

No be even those criminal elements parading as loan companies. I just had some unpalatable experiences. I have vowed not to take loans except for viable business with very calculated risk cushion.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Progressivegee: 2:48pm On Apr 09, 2023
mimilyrics:
UKVI actually does if you show proof of application for a new one in addition to the old one and a cover letter explaining this.
It worked for someone who moved from a student visa to PSW in November.

You can apply for a new visa or extension without your passport. Your brp will suffice. Use the biometrics app for your biometrics and upload your brp

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by heroshark(m): 2:50pm On Apr 09, 2023
Lexusgs430:

Ever heard or seen rubber band passports .........😂

Boss abeg break am down a little further 😅. I wan know my faith. So if I attach the two passport together I will be able to use them?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by kode12: 2:58pm On Apr 09, 2023
heroshark:

Boss abeg break am down a little further 😅. I wan know my faith. So if I attach the two passport together I will be able to use them?

It means you ruber band the old passport and the new together when you travel.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bigtt76(f): 4:01pm On Apr 09, 2023
Many are afraid to borrow because of the experiences back home where you are hassled if you default paying or the shame you are put through. With CC it is different... You repay what you spend at a fraction of it (if that works for you) or you pay in full. But I agree with you, if you are not financially literate enough to understand the advantages or disadvantages of owing a CC, it's best you get educated on it than be sorry for it later on. Life here can be better if on CC.

Having said this, if you ever decide to give it a try, you can start here with my AMEX referral

https://americanexpress.com/en-gb/referral/tEMItOhbvx?XL=MNMNS

rinzylee:

Maybe next year!

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by semmyk(m): 4:52pm On Apr 09, 2023
I think Rinzylee comes close to bridging Lexusgs430 and Justwise. Explainable Financial flow is essential just as fair enough balance is important. Find a balancing balance of these financial balancing act ⚖️. NB: Bigtt76 made a valuable point.
rinzylee:
justwise:
I disagree, amount left is at the end of the month is even more important. if you got nothing left at the end of the month how will you be able to invite someone who will ultimately depend on you financially?
Lexusgs430:
If £0.00 balance is an issue........ How much should be the end balance, before one can feel comfortable, sponsoring a UK visitor...........🤣😭😂
justwise:
Budget at least £2,000 and submit payslips and bank statement to support your source of income.
rinzylee:
Please how much is POF required to invite Parent or Sibling to the UK as a resident?
Good afternoon and Happy Easter everyone!
May our prayers ascend fast because our saviour is risen!!!

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by rinzylee(m): 5:14pm On Apr 09, 2023
bigtt76:
Many are afraid to borrow because of the experiences back home where you are hassled if you default paying or the shame you are put through. With CC it is different... You repay what you spend at a fraction of it (if that works for you) or you pay in full. But I agree with you, if you are not financially literate enough to understand the advantages or disadvantages of owing a CC, it's best you get educated on it than be sorry for it later on. Life here can be better if on CC.

Having said this, if you ever decide to give it a try, you can start here with my AMEX referral

https://americanexpress.com/en-gb/referral/tEMItOhbvx?XL=MNMNS

No worries... I'd definitely buzz you. Thank you big sis.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mroriginal: 7:39pm On Apr 09, 2023
To add to this, i have also invited parent in-law's with no bank statements from my side and theirs and approved first time.
Lexusgs430:

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by giselle237: 8:54pm On Apr 09, 2023
Mroriginal:
To add to this, i have also invited parent in-law's with no bank statements from my side and theirs and approved first time.
I thank God for you.. this is however very dangerous and should not be carried out by the poster/all and sundry

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 8:56pm On Apr 09, 2023
Mroriginal:

Shhhhhhh........ Don't loud it ...... Justwise might be reading.......🤣😜

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 9:03pm On Apr 09, 2023
Lexusgs430:

Shhhhhhh........ Don't loud it ...... Justwise might be reading.......🤣😜

lol..i think we are all used to people coming here to exaggerate one or two stories just to win an argument.

The next person may claim to have invited his ex-wife without applying for visa

7 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Dara2Dami(f): 9:05pm On Apr 09, 2023
Please my people I need help, just started work and will only be paid next week. I am cashless for work tomorrow. Can any loan 20 pounds please? Promise to pay on Friday once I am paid. Thank you so much. Happy Easter

(1) (2) (3) ... (925) (926) (927) (928) (929) (930) (931) ... (1007)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.