Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,951 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:09 AM

8 Other Businesses You Can Add To Your POS Business - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 8 Other Businesses You Can Add To Your POS Business (1098 Views)

A Lucrative Way To Earn In Two Weeks While You Go About Your Other Businesses / 10 Businesses You Can Start With N100,000 / I Know 20 Businesses You Can Start With 100k – Boda Lanre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

8 Other Businesses You Can Add To Your POS Business by branditechture: 8:33pm On Aug 25, 2021
POS business is arguably the most popular financial business in Nigeria. It has found its way into every nigerian street and district; from the streets of Ikeja — home to the biggest technology hub in West Africa (porpularly called Computer Village) to the most remote rural areas of Northern Nigeria.

In fact, the widespread adoption of the POS business model in Nigeria has significantly contributed to Opay’s 2bn US Dollar milestone (~ 1 trillion Naira), comfortably superseding Flutterwave’s $1bn+ valuation to make it the most valuable unicorn startup in Nigeria.

As we all know, a single stream of income is no longer considered sustainable in today’s economy. The economy has suffered a series of inflation up to this point, but you know what? The tough and smart ones would still continue to thrive financially.
In a bid to live a quality life devoid of compulsive borrowing from loan sharks, a lot of enterprenuers, salary earners, government workers, etc have resorted to one or more side hustle, with POS business being one of the top options on the list.

In today’s article, we would be sharing some useful tips on how to maximize your POS shop by adding some more business to your existing POS business.

Sincerely speaking, anytime I come accross people operating POS as their only business. I just murmur to myself “what a waste!”.
There are several other business ventures you can add to your POS Business but let’s talk about at 8 of them.

1. Face masks & handkerchief
If you wore face masks on the streets 3 years ago, people would think you are nuts. However, the COVID-19 has paved the way for a multi-billion naira face mask industry, after its discovery in a city called Wuhan in China in December 2019. The face mask and hand sanitizer have therefore become a popular household item.

2. Recharge card business
Recharge card business will certainly not make you rich over night but will be enough to offset some bills.
Nothwithstanding, you can still make between ₦400 – ₦600 in profit for each ₦10,000 worth of recharge card sold.

3. Bottled water, Pure Water, soft drinks
Some people arrive at your shop really tasty and wouldn’t mind buying some water to quench their thirst.
Pure water business is very lucrative; You can get at least 100% ROI from as little as a bag of pure water.

Quick Maths:
1 Bag of Pure Water is sold for N90, and it contains 20pcs of 50cl satchets.
You sell each 50cl satchet of water for ₦10
You sold 20 sachets of water = ₦200
Your Profit: ₦110
Your ROI: 122%

4. Zobo, Kunu & Other Home made Beverages
Zobo, kunu, tigernut drink, lolly, condensed milk, are common home made drinks that you can also venture into. There is a very high profit margin involved in doing this business if you can successfully pull it off.

A ₦250 worth of dried hibiscus leaves (used for making Zobo) can bring returns as high as ₦1,200, but considering the costs of other ingredients such as sugar and ginger, you can still make up to ₦1000 in pure profits for every ₦250 invested. That is a lot of money.

5. Snacks & Confectioneries
You can make snacks like puff-puff, chin chin, minced pie, eggroll, sausages, sandwiches, buns, doughnuts e.t.c. at home and sell in your shop.
Popcorn production is also something that might interest you. Good pop corn machines can be found and purchsed on online marketplaces like and Jumia.

6. Peppered Ponmo & fried meat Business
I promise you, peppered Ponmo (popularly called Ponmo alata in Yoruba) alone is a legend on the streets on Lagos.

If not because of Ponmo, I would have built a house in Ikoyi!!! I can spend my last card on ponmo and fried meat, and there are thousands of other people like me as well. The best part? You don’t need a huge storage space.

Click here >>> https://branditechture.com/8-businesses-you-can-add-to-your-pos-business/ for the full list.

(1) (Reply)

How Gtbank Ensured Hackers Empty My Account / How To Partner With Nature's Renaissance Int. Ltd And Make Massive Money! / How i replied my ex when she saw my business post on whatsapp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.