Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,226 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:52 AM

Bini History Revisionists Need To Be Stopped - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Bini History Revisionists Need To Be Stopped (2611 Views)

Lagos Belongs To Us – The Bini / The Origin Of Lagos And Bini Relationship / Bini Are Original Owners Of Lagos, Not Yoruba – Layi Ajayi-Bembe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bini History Revisionists Need To Be Stopped by samuk: 6:47pm On Oct 16, 2021
Abohboy:

The Portugese and Dutch quite literally came into contact with the Ijebu and traded with them as far back the 1500s so your claim of no Yoruba having contact with Europeans till the 1800s is wrong you can try all you want but the history of Oduduwa comes from the Odu Ifa which cannot be corrupted the stories of the Odu Ifa have been the same since the dawn of time

Go back and read what I wrote again, I said the first time the Europeans visited the hinterland of Yoruba was 1824.
Re: Bini History Revisionists Need To Be Stopped by Abohboy: 7:05pm On Oct 16, 2021
samuk:

Go back and read what I wrote again, I said the first time the Europeans visited the hinterland of Yoruba was 1824.

So Ijebu land isn't internal?
Re: Bini History Revisionists Need To Be Stopped by samuk: 10:28pm On Oct 16, 2021
Abohboy:

So Ijebu land isn't internal?

Help yourself with a Google map to know the difference, besides Yoruba history revolves around Oyo and later Ife. The Awujale of Ijebu claims his Ijebu people migrated from Sudan.
Re: Bini History Revisionists Need To Be Stopped by Edeyoung: 7:28am On Oct 17, 2021
The edo royals the oba of benin are purely edo blood.....

The word oba came from benin and infiltrated into the Yoruba lexicon through benin military campaign in Yoruba territories
Re: Bini History Revisionists Need To Be Stopped by Abohboy: 1:04pm On Oct 17, 2021
samuk:

Help yourself with a Google map to know the difference, besides Yoruba history revolves around Oyo and later Ife. The Awujale of Ijebu claims his Ijebu people migrated from Sudan.

The Awujale is a muslim man so of course he's claimijg origin from a muslim area but anybody with sense knows that's false
Re: Bini History Revisionists Need To Be Stopped by Abohboy: 1:04pm On Oct 17, 2021
Edeyoung:
The edo royals the oba of benin are purely edo blood.....

The word oba came from benin and infiltrated into the Yoruba lexicon through benin military campaign in Yoruba territories

There's no evidence to support your claim that the Edo royals bloodline is purely Edo for all you know they could've married a Yoruba princess from a neighbouring kingdom therefore letting in Yoruba blood or even an Igbo princess
Re: Bini History Revisionists Need To Be Stopped by UGBE634: 1:16pm On Oct 17, 2021
Abohboy:

There's no evidence to support your claim that the Edo royals bloodline is purely Edo for all you know they could've married a Yoruba princess from a neighbouring kingdom therefore letting in Yoruba blood or even an Igbo princess
They could have married from outside, but the mother of the first sons were mainly from Esan then Bini.
Re: Bini History Revisionists Need To Be Stopped by TAO11(f): 4:54pm On Oct 17, 2021
Abohboy:
All historical evidence [(a) from Yoruba traditions, (b) from pre-1970s Benin traditions, (c) from academic historical conclusions] all agree that the dynasty of Benin obas traces patrilineally back to Ile-Ife.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bini History Revisionists Need To Be Stopped by samuk: 9:12am On Oct 18, 2021
Ife is only found in the revision garbage story that was written by returnee slaves between 1897 to 1970.

Yoruba eyewitness history began in 1824 and yet they are telling the world that they are experts in Benin history whose eyewitness historical accounts began in the 1400s.

Benin history documented by eyewitnesses between 1400s to 1897 made no mention of Ife.

Between 1400s to 1897, Ife, Oduduwa and Oranmiyan are not mentioned in Benin history. Ife, Oduduwa and Oranmiyan are only found in the revision version of Benin history that started in 1897.

Benin history is now broken into two parts.

1. Authentic verifiable eyewitness sources, 1400s to 1897.
Writers/authors: European eyewitnesses to the events they documented.

2. Revision unverifiable fairytales, 1897 (end of Benin empire/kingdom) to 1970.
Writers/authors: Yorubas, people under Yoruba influence and other collaborators who simply wrote fairytales that they never witnessed.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bini History Revisionists Need To Be Stopped by KingOKON: 5:51am On Oct 19, 2021
TAO11:

All historical evidence [(a) from Yoruba traditions, (b) from pre-1970s Benin traditions, (c) from academic historical conclusions] all agree that the dynasty of Benin obas traces patrilineally back to Ile-Ife.

Ogani historical evidence shey
Re: Bini History Revisionists Need To Be Stopped by KingOKON: 5:55am On Oct 19, 2021
samuk:
Ife is only found in the revision garbage story that was written by returnee slaves between 1897 to 1970.

Yoruba eyewitness history began in 1824 and yet they are telling the world that they are experts in Benin history whose eyewitness historical accounts began in the 1400s.

Benin history documented by eyewitnesses between 1400s to 1897 made no mention of Ife.

Between 1400s to 1897, Ife, Oduduwa and Oranmiyan are not mentioned in Benin history. Ife, Oduduwa and Oranmiyan are only found in the revision version of Benin history that started in 1897.

Benin history is now broken into two parts.

1. Authentic verifiable eyewitness sources, 1400s to 1897.
Writers/authors: European eyewitnesses to the events they documented.

2. Revision unverifiable fairytales, 1897 (end of Benin empire/kingdom) to 1970.
Writers/authors: Yorubas, people under Yoruba influence and other collaborators who simply wrote fairytales that they never witnessed.

What the sons of Dan Fodio did to them
is why they are beating their empty chest here
Re: Bini History Revisionists Need To Be Stopped by samuk: 11:37pm On Oct 19, 2021
KingOKON:

What the sons of Dan Fodio did to them
is why they are beating their empty chest here

I am still waiting for them to tell us the yoruba meanings of the names of past obas of Benin below, since they are claiming that oba of Benin is yoruba.

Eweka I
Uwuakhuahen
Henmihen
Ewedo
Oguola
Edoni
Udagbedo
Ohen
Egbeka
Orobiru
Uwaifiokun
Ewuare I
Ezoti
Olua
Ozolua
Esigie
Orhogbua
Ehengbuda
Ohuan
Ohenzae
Akenkpaye
Akengbedo
Ore-Oghene
Ewuakpe
Ozuere
Akenzua I
Eresoyen
Akengbuda
Obanosa
Ogbebo
Osemwende

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bini History Revisionists Need To Be Stopped by KingOKON: 6:15am On Oct 20, 2021
samuk:

I am still waiting for them to tell us the yoruba meanings of the names of past oba of Benin below, since they are claiming that oba of Benin is yoruba.

Eweka I
Uwuakhuahen
Henmihen
Ewedo
Oguola
Edoni
Udagbedo
Ohen
Egbeka
Orobiru
Uwaifiokun
Ewuare I
Ezoti
Olua
Ozolua
Esigie
Orhogbua
Ehengbuda
Ohuan
Ohenzae
Akenkpaye
Akengbedo
Ore-Oghene
Ewuakpe
Ozuere
Akenzua I
Eresoyen
Akengbuda
Obanosa
Ogbebo
Osemwende

That self acclaim professor from Osun abi na Ekiti state, has he/she gone blind deaf and dumb
Re: Bini History Revisionists Need To Be Stopped by samuk: 8:59am On Oct 20, 2021
KingOKON:

That self acclaim professor from Osun abi na Ekiti state, has he/she gone blind deaf and dumb

Her life depends on oba of Benin being yoruba. How can any sane person look at the names of past Obas of Benin and still claim they were Yoruba who spoke Yoruba language at the Benin Palace till 1937.

So they were speaking Yoruba at the Benin Palace but forbid � Yoruba names. Meanwhile oba of Benin supposed siblings, the Alaafin of Oyo, all had Yoruba names, other supposed relatives such as the Ooni also had Yoruba names.

Those that created the Benin/Ife fairytale never thought it would be scrutinised in the future, if they had knew, they would have probably changed the first few names of obas of Benin to Yoruba or Yoruba sounding names.

Take a look at the monarchs from Olu of warri(Ogiamen) to Obi of Onitsha(Agboghidi) that have Benin connections, you can see Benin influenced names in either their traditional titles or chieftaincy titles.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bini History Revisionists Need To Be Stopped by Abohboy: 12:01pm On Oct 20, 2021
samuk:

Her life depends on oba of Benin being yoruba. How can any sane person look at the names of past Obas of Benin and still claim they were Yoruba who spoke Yoruba language at the Benin Palace till 1937.

So they were speaking Yoruba at the Benin Palace but forbid � Yoruba names. Meanwhile oba of Benin supposed siblings, the Alaafin of Oyo, all had Yoruba names, other supposed relatives such as the Ooni also had Yoruba names.

Those that created the Benin/Ife fairytale never thought it would be scrutinised in the future, if they had knew, they would have probably changed the first few names of obas of Benin to Yoruba or Yoruba sounding names.

Take a look at the monarchs from Olu of warri(Ogiamen) to Obi of Onitsha(Agboghidi) that have Benin connections, you can see Benin influenced names in either their traditional titles or chieftaincy titles.

Who ever said that they only spoke Yoruba? They spoke both Yoruba and Bini in order to facilitate trade with other Yoruba groups and it doesn't make sense to claim that the Bini of 10 million are the progenitors of the Yoruba of 40 million it can't work out the story of the Ogiso's being deposed by Oranmiyan and him sorting out Bini then leaving later on in his life just makes more sense then whatever story you have
Re: Bini History Revisionists Need To Be Stopped by KingOKON: 4:20pm On Oct 20, 2021
[quote author=Abohboy post=106901523]

Who ever said that they only spoke Yoruba? They spoke both Yoruba and Bini in order to facilitate trade with other Yoruba groups and it doesn't make sense to claim that the Bini of 10 million are the progenitors of the Yoruba of 40 million it can't work out the story of the Ogiso's being deposed by Oranmiyan and him sorting out Bini then leaving later on in his life just makes more sense then whatever story you have[/quire].

Come have you joined in smoking Ogane weed?
Re: Bini History Revisionists Need To Be Stopped by KingOKON: 4:26pm On Oct 20, 2021
samuk:

As we all know, the Ogane WEED they smoke daily never allow any of em to reason like human being
I await their response
Re: Bini History Revisionists Need To Be Stopped by macof(m): 9:41pm On Oct 28, 2021
samuk:

I am still waiting for them to tell us the yoruba meanings of the names of past obas of Benin below, since they are claiming that oba of Benin is yoruba.

Eweka I
Uwuakhuahen
Henmihen
Ewedo
Oguola
Edoni
Udagbedo
Ohen
Egbeka
Orobiru
Uwaifiokun
Ewuare I
Ezoti
Olua
Ozolua
Esigie
Orhogbua
Ehengbuda
Ohuan
Ohenzae
Akenkpaye
Akengbedo
Ore-Oghene
Ewuakpe
Ozuere
Akenzua I
Eresoyen
Akengbuda
Obanosa
Ogbebo
Osemwende

Samuk im still waiting for you to give us eyewitness accounts that mentioned any of these obas or are you saying they never existed too?
Where are the documents of benin history? Where are the documents telling us about any event in benin? cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: Bini History Revisionists Need To Be Stopped by NaijaphiliaBlog: 5:32pm On Nov 13, 2021
Interesting!

For a detailed history of the invasion of Benin Kingdom in 1897, see the link below:

https://naijaphilia.com/2021/11/13/naija-history-1897-invasion-of-benin-kingdom/

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

List Of Oba (king) In Kwara States And Their Yoruba Groups / American Born Nigerian Woman Dating And Possibly Marrying African American Man / Youruba Word "OGUN" With Several Meaning...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.