Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,470 members, 7,812,441 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:25 PM

2023: Jonathan Shouldn't Mess Up His Good Name By Contesting - Idahosa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Jonathan Shouldn't Mess Up His Good Name By Contesting - Idahosa (15457 Views)

2023: Jonathan Congratulates Presidential Flagbearers / 2023: Jonathan's Lawyer, Omare Reacts After Court Clears Jonathan / 2023: Jonathan’s Factor Alters Calculations In PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: Jonathan Shouldn't Mess Up His Good Name By Contesting - Idahosa by hisexcellency34: 6:59am On Aug 26, 2021
Hon. Charles Idahosa is a chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and former Commissioner for Information in Edo state. In this interview with TEMIDAYO AKINSUYI, he speaks on the leadership crisis in the party at the national level, the controversy over zoning in the 2023 presidential election and other issues. Excerpts:

The crisis in PDP at the national level is getting more intense over who controls the structure. Don’t you think it will have adverse effect in the 2023 general elections?

Definitely, I’m so sad about the level of crisis rocking the PDP in almost all the states. In fact, the one in APC is worse. You see people seem to be counting my days in PDP when I followed Governor Godwin Obaseki. No! I’m a founding member of the PDP. I was in Jos for the convention that produced ex-president Olusegun Obasanjo. We worked for Obasanjo. But the PDP I’m seeing now is strange. I can’t even function in the party anymore. But I had to go back to PDP because I left there in 2004 when there was this kind of problems of dictators trying to hold the party as if it is their father’s property. In Edo State , we just finished the war against godfatherism, where the comrade Governor, Adams Oshiomhole tried to muscle everybody just because he supported Obaseki to be governor. You don’t do things like that. Governor Nyesom Wike and Uche Secondus are friends, so they should settle their differences amicably. Wike is a young man, so it is godfather and son’s fight that we are seeing in Rivers State. But unfortunately, it is affecting the National because Wike seems to have a grip of the party. The National Working Committee is divided, governors are divided so there is no way it won’t affect the party. In the October National Convention, Wike has an ambition, so he knows who he is going to project that will protect his political interest, so the intrigues are still there. Edo has succeeded in uprooting our own godfather, so Rivers State should follow suit. No matter the issue now, i still give credit to Governor Wike and Secondus because they played a major role in saving Obaseki, when they discovered that Oshiomhole was going to rubbish him. So personally, I still owe them gratitude. My advice now is that they should look for a way to settle because they are close friends. But unfortunately too the APC is not better, the crisis there is worse than the one in PDP. So we are still watching closely because I still see myself as part and parcel of the APC because we formed it but because of circumstances we left them and it’s just unfortunate.

What is the way out; do you see Secondus retaining his position during the convention?

I just pray that the October convention will see the light of day. As you can see, there is no state in the country that you don’t have one political crisis or the others. In Edo State now, those of us that followed Obaseki are being regarded as second class PDP; can you imagine that we can’t even say anything anymore as party leaders? But I feel very sorry for the younger ones, because I am not going for any political position again in my life. I ran for governorship primaries against Oshiomhole, I was rigged out. I ran for Senate, there was no election at all. I have held various positions as a politician in the state; I have paid my dues politically, so I’m nearing retirement now. The only election I was given an opportunity to contest and I won was the local government council election. That is why I still remain grateful to the late General Sani Abacha. There was no imposition, no manipulation, no godfatherism. I just picked form, went for election and won. Every other election after that became impossible because of the way our political leaders take it. Because they feel that Charles Idahosa is too wise and stubborn he won’t listen to them. So they denied me all other election I ran for in the state. In the Senatorial election I ran for we just sat down in the siting room of one of the leaders and he just said we have given the position to somebody the rest of you can go. The funniest thing is that the one million I paid is still with them, they did not deem if fit to return one kobo to me.

Do you advice Goodluck Jonathan to join the APC and run for presidency again judging from the current rumours in that regard?

I don’t really know. I do not see where the two political parties are heading to be frank with you. Yes, I have a feeling that Goodluck Jonathan is up to something, he would like to right the wrongs because of the way he came and how he left. I think if he is given the opportunity he would come. But I see the two political parties fielding a Northern candidate because there’s no political South, there is a political North. And the average Southerner underrates the Northerner. Anytime I say this, some people don’t like it that the average Northerners are more politically aware than the Southerners. In the South we are divided, but in the North they are one when it comes to political matters; they are speak Hausa, but here the Igbo man is different, the Yoruba man is different, the Ijaw man is different, likewise the Edo man. When they created Mid-West, the Edo man wanted to stay in Ibadan but they drove them away saying Akpata is not Apata, Ayomide is not Ayomide and all of that. But in the North, the Emir then made sure that everyone spoke Hausa Language, but in West they did not allow us to speak Yoruba. The Ikwere man speaks Ikwere language, he will not speak Igbo meanwhile he is Igbo. In fact a good example is Jonathan, is he an Ijaw man when you look at his name he is an Igbo man. Jonathan Ebele Azikiwe. So at the end of the day, I’m seeing the two political parties going up North to pick their candidate. So if Jonathan decides to run the Northerners will try to convince their people but it will be very difficult because if APC brings someone from the North, and PDP does the same, the North will win. Because no matter how poor an Hausa security man is, he must afford to buy a radio and listen to BBC Hausa Service. They hear information much more than our people even at our level of education. We think they don’t have sense but they are in charge. So if Jonathan comes out for presidency, they will deceive him and he will be beaten hands down. He should keep his dignity as is it now rather than going to mess up the good name he has built. So in 2023, I see President Muhammadu Buhari handling over to another Northerner, I can stake my money on it. Whether it is APC or PDP, the next Nigerian President will come from the North, quote me.
https://independent.ng/jonathan-will-be-heavily-defeated-if-he-contests-in-2023-idahosa/

5 Likes

Re: 2023: Jonathan Shouldn't Mess Up His Good Name By Contesting - Idahosa by thesicilian: 7:01am On Aug 26, 2021
It's now they know he has a good name.

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Jonathan Shouldn't Mess Up His Good Name By Contesting - Idahosa by Shedrack777: 7:01am On Aug 26, 2021
to slap this man de hungry me

23 Likes

Re: 2023: Jonathan Shouldn't Mess Up His Good Name By Contesting - Idahosa by Vickkymanny: 7:11am On Aug 26, 2021
F

1 Like

Re: 2023: Jonathan Shouldn't Mess Up His Good Name By Contesting - Idahosa by INTEGRITYA1(m): 7:11am On Aug 26, 2021
I will give him the same advice.

Going from Lekki Phase-1 down to Ajah moving forward through Sangotedo to Eleko Junction.

Yeah, "Delight Estate" is strategically located on the Lekki Epe Expressway.

With close proximity to: Amen Estate, Novare Mall, Lufasi Pack, Lekki Ancient Town, Lekki Free Trade Zone, Dangote Refinery, Lekki Seaport and lot more.

Tittle: Government Allocation

15million per plot size.

What an Amazing and Serene environment; that ensure fast value appreciation.

Call or Whatsapp the number on the attached flier.

5 Likes

Re: 2023: Jonathan Shouldn't Mess Up His Good Name By Contesting - Idahosa by GeneralPula: 7:11am On Aug 26, 2021
Jonathan does not have any good name..

Nigeria was in shambles during Jonathan too. It’s not as if he did anything better..

Infact, he’s the worst president PDP ever produced!

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: Jonathan Shouldn't Mess Up His Good Name By Contesting - Idahosa by ideatoprince18(m): 7:12am On Aug 26, 2021
If Jonathan contest. he will be the biggest big fool to ever live

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Jonathan Shouldn't Mess Up His Good Name By Contesting - Idahosa by money121(m): 7:12am On Aug 26, 2021
Ok
Re: 2023: Jonathan Shouldn't Mess Up His Good Name By Contesting - Idahosa by saferoom: 7:12am On Aug 26, 2021
Good advice
Re: 2023: Jonathan Shouldn't Mess Up His Good Name By Contesting - Idahosa by Mikelarteta(m): 7:12am On Aug 26, 2021
Make Jonathan goan sit down somewhere he gave this lifeless he goat the opportunity to deceive gullible Nigerians with terrible looting that we saw during his tenure. But unfortunately with what we have now, Oga Jona be like saint.

28 Likes

Re: 2023: Jonathan Shouldn't Mess Up His Good Name By Contesting - Idahosa by Vickkymanny: 7:12am On Aug 26, 2021
[quote author=Vickkymanny post=105188402][/quote] PDP and APC na just bunch of thieves them be

1 Like

Re: 2023: Jonathan Shouldn't Mess Up His Good Name By Contesting - Idahosa by MarveworldG: 7:12am On Aug 26, 2021
Ok

1 Like

Re: 2023: Jonathan Shouldn't Mess Up His Good Name By Contesting - Idahosa by Nobody: 7:13am On Aug 26, 2021
Which good name does Jonathan have?

Which good name does any Nigerian politician have?

The same Jonathan that made people vote for this present disaster, most evil government?

If Jonathan had done well, will people land in the hands of this demonic government?

Jonathan is guilty. He is a good man and had the opportunity to be the best president ever but he blew the chance with drunkenness and traded this country into the hands of demons.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Jonathan Shouldn't Mess Up His Good Name By Contesting - Idahosa by CalabarPikin: 7:13am On Aug 26, 2021
My thoughts too

Person d big pass something

1 Like

Re: 2023: Jonathan Shouldn't Mess Up His Good Name By Contesting - Idahosa by Flexherbal(m): 7:13am On Aug 26, 2021
Do not expect new results, if you keep using the same old people with same of ideas.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Jonathan Shouldn't Mess Up His Good Name By Contesting - Idahosa by nairalee(m): 7:13am On Aug 26, 2021
That's absolutely true.
He should not taint the high regard we have for him by dipping his hand in the bowl cos as it stands the bowl has been deeply contaminated. It's impossible to go in and come out unscathed

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: 2023: Jonathan Shouldn't Mess Up His Good Name By Contesting - Idahosa by OnlyDeCapPlease(m): 7:14am On Aug 26, 2021
hisexcellency34:

https://independent.ng/jonathan-will-be-heavily-defeated-if-he-contests-in-2023-idahosa/

Nigerian politicians wey no get shame? You are talking to the wall Mr Idahosa. Is it good name that will help him maintain Billionaire lifestyle?

1 Like

Re: 2023: Jonathan Shouldn't Mess Up His Good Name By Contesting - Idahosa by englishmart(m): 7:14am On Aug 26, 2021
Which good name?
Anyway, compared to Buhari Everybody is a saint. Including Talibans

19 Likes

Re: 2023: Jonathan Shouldn't Mess Up His Good Name By Contesting - Idahosa by santakris(m): 7:14am On Aug 26, 2021
I pray he listens
Re: 2023: Jonathan Shouldn't Mess Up His Good Name By Contesting - Idahosa by VoltageDivida(m): 7:14am On Aug 26, 2021
In my opinion,

Jonathan should not contest again, we don't want him back. He failed us when given the chance.

Buhari should resign today, he has failed in every way possible including the impossible.

Tinubu, Ganduje, Osinbanjo, Bello and Co should not bother contesting, they're all failures.

We need fresh blood, with good heart and a sound mind. Unstained by these corrupt, inept politicians.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Jonathan Shouldn't Mess Up His Good Name By Contesting - Idahosa by kenzysmith: 7:14am On Aug 26, 2021
Johnathan most complete is second tenure he most focus on the the south south

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Jonathan Shouldn't Mess Up His Good Name By Contesting - Idahosa by AsomArchitectNG(m): 7:15am On Aug 26, 2021
Exactly.. He has written his name in Gold in Nigeria political history and shouldn't go and mess it up by contesting. Let's give osinbajo a chance he's the best man for the position..

BTW

Engage the services of our expert design and construction team for your building project today and be sure of only the best.. See my signature of our recent designs and construction projects

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Jonathan Shouldn't Mess Up His Good Name By Contesting - Idahosa by AsomArchitectNG(m): 7:15am On Aug 26, 2021
Exactly... Exactly.. He has written his name in Gold in Nigeria political history and shouldn't go and mess it up by contesting. Let's give osinbajo a chance he's the best man for the position

BTW...
Engage the services of our expert design and construction team for your building project today and be sure of only the best.. See my signature of our recent designs and construction projects

1 Like

Re: 2023: Jonathan Shouldn't Mess Up His Good Name By Contesting - Idahosa by Lanre4uonly(m): 7:15am On Aug 26, 2021
Word of advice.
Re: 2023: Jonathan Shouldn't Mess Up His Good Name By Contesting - Idahosa by Gadafii: 7:16am On Aug 26, 2021
True that, he shouldn't cos forever he's the hero of democracy in Nigeria and Africa and the world at large, not the gworo chewing lifeless dingbat, who have placed cows above every other Nigerians
Re: 2023: Jonathan Shouldn't Mess Up His Good Name By Contesting - Idahosa by kenzysmith: 7:16am On Aug 26, 2021
GeneralPula:
Jonathan does not have any good name..

Nigeria was in shambles during Jonathan too. It’s not as if he did anything better..
get out

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Onu Promotes Indicted Ex-fIIRO Boss Demoted By Buhari For PhD Fraud / Buhari Warns Bandits: No Matter The Hole You Crawl Into, We Will Find You / Nigerian Women Threatening Me Over Appointments – Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.