Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,169 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

Law School Quota System Palaver - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Law School Quota System Palaver (777 Views)

UNN Medical Sciences Admit Too Much, Then Trim Down To Quota With Mass Failures / Nigerians Query 25-Year-Old Quota Policy In university Admissions / Our Insistence On Quota System Is Causing Serious Problem On Our Education - Don (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Law School Quota System Palaver by Dstar434(m): 7:48am On Aug 26, 2021
Good day peeps. Pls I want clarifications concerning this topic. The number of graduates from my faculty far outnumbers the quota given to us by the Nigerian Law School. To make matters worse, there are over 60 candidates on ground from the previous set, thus after the previous ones were considered, the remaining slot was only enough to cater for First class and 2:1 graduates in my own set. The rest of us weren't considered. So pls I will like to ask for advise from Nairaland who have been in this position before, or Know someone who has. How was it resolved? Any hope for the supplementary list? Because I heard a second list (supplementary) is usually released, except that candidates may have to pay more than earlier shortlisted candidates.
Secondly, if I decide to proceed for NYSC, What are the likely places or establishments I can be posted to as my Place of Primary Assignment? (Considering the fact that I haven't been called to the Nigerian Bar). God bless.

Mods Pls help move to front page for better reactions.
Re: Law School Quota System Palaver by KillMNKnow(f): 7:50am On Aug 26, 2021
Brother I will advise you to just leave Nigeria or join online business
Re: Law School Quota System Palaver by Dstar434(m): 7:54am On Aug 26, 2021
KillMNKnow:
Brother I will advise you to just leave Nigeria or join online business

If leaving Nigeria is as easy as mending a torn dress, then nobody (yourself inclusive) will still be here.

1 Like

Re: Law School Quota System Palaver by xcelpro: 8:53am On Aug 26, 2021
Dstar434:
Good day peeps. Pls I want clarifications concerning this topic. The number of graduates from my faculty far outnumbers the quota given to us by the Nigerian Law School. To make matters worse, there are over 60 candidates on ground from the previous set, thus after the previous ones were considered, the remaining slot was only enough to cater for First class and 2:1 graduates in my own set. The rest of us weren't considered. So pls I will like to ask for advise from Nairaland who have been in this position before, or Know someone who has. How was it resolved? Any hope for the supplementary list? Because I heard a second list (supplementary) is usually released, except that candidates may have to pay more than earlier shortlisted candidates.
Secondly, if I decide to proceed for NYSC, What are the likely places or establishments I can be posted to as my Place of Primary Assignment? (Considering the fact that I haven't been called to the Nigerian Bar). God bless.

Mods Pls help move to front page for better reactions.
Go to the dean of your faculty , professor or any senior Lecturer of your faculty and tell them that you really want to go to law school. They will help you out if you state genuine reasons and convince them rightly.
Also, do know that is not all the students in your set whose name have been shortlisted to apply for law school will apply due to financial reasons and other challenges.

1 Like

Re: Law School Quota System Palaver by Dstar434(m): 9:03am On Aug 26, 2021
xcelpro:

Go to the dean of your faculty , professor or any senior Lecturer of your faculty and tell them that you really want to go to law school. They will help you out if you state genuine reasons and convince them rightly.
Also, do know that is not all the students in your set whose name have been shortlisted to apply for law school will apply due to financial reasons and other challenges.
Hmmn...while you are right with your last assertion, the first one cannot work, except of course you are well connected, which I'm not.
Re: Law School Quota System Palaver by Frenchkiss564: 9:04am On Aug 26, 2021
Dstar434:

If leaving Nigeria is as easy as mending a torn dress, then nobody (yourself inclusive) will still be here.

I like your smart reply. Thumbs up.

People scream japa as if all you need to japa is 5k
Re: Law School Quota System Palaver by MufasaLion: 9:36am On Aug 26, 2021
Frenchkiss564:

I like your smart reply. Thumbs up.

People scream japa as if all you need to japa is 5k

Most of them don't even know where passport office is located.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Are You Clever Enough To Answer All These Tricky Trivia Questions? / I Want To Study Data Science At Utiva ... / Dear Nigerian Students, Is This Attitude Of Mine Really Normal?.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.