Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,206 members, 7,818,704 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:12 PM

Law School Quota System Palaver - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Law School Quota System Palaver (442 Views)

Possible PPA For A Law Graduate Who Hasn't Attended The Nigerian Law School / Nysc Palaver / COVID-19: Contributing My Quota (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Law School Quota System Palaver by Dstar434(m): 7:57am On Aug 26, 2021
Good day peeps. Pls I want clarifications concerning this topic. The number of graduates from my faculty far outnumbers the quota given to us by the Nigerian Law School. To make matters worse, there are over 60 candidates on ground from the previous set, thus after the previous ones were considered, the remaining slot was only enough to cater for First class and 2:1 graduates in my own set. The rest of us weren't considered. So pls I will like to ask for advise from Nairaland who have been in this position before, or Know someone who has. How was it resolved? Any hope for the supplementary list? Because I heard a second list (supplementary) is usually released, except that candidates may have to pay more than earlier shortlisted candidates.
Secondly, if I decide to proceed for NYSC, What are the likely places or establishments I can be posted to as my Place of Primary Assignment? (Considering the fact that I haven't been called to the Nigerian Bar). God bless.

Mods Pls help move to front page for better reactions.
Re: Law School Quota System Palaver by Havesomesense(m): 1:21pm On Aug 28, 2021
Endeavor that your name enters 2nd list.

In my school (Federal) every eligible graduate of Law that didn't make first list usually makes the second list.

1 Like

Re: Law School Quota System Palaver by Dstar434(m): 11:54am On Aug 30, 2021
Havesomesense:
Endeavor that your name enters 2nd list.

In my school (Federal) every eligible graduate of Law that didn't make first list usually makes the second list.
Really? But I was made to understand that there's a slot usually allotted to individual universities. So what if they've exceeded the slot? I'm also a product of a Federal University.
Secondly, pls how long does it usually take for them to release the second list? The first one was released barely two weeks ago.
Re: Law School Quota System Palaver by Havesomesense(m): 6:27pm On Aug 30, 2021
Dstar434:

Really? But I was made to understand that there's a slot usually allotted to individual universities. So what if they've exceeded the slot? I'm also a product of a Federal University.
Secondly, pls how long does it usually take for them to release the second list? The first one was released barely two weeks ago.

There's no particular amount of slot for 2nd list.
Talk to the lecturer in charge of sending list to Law school to make sure your name enters 2nd list.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Shocking Experience; I Didn't Know That Pos Was This Relevant... / Will Uniosun Move With Batch A For 2022's NYSC / 3 Profitable Side Hustles One Can Do In Right Now Along With A Regular 9 - 5 Sal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.