Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,038 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

School Feeding: FG Gives Us N2,400 To Feed Pupils – Food Vendors - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / School Feeding: FG Gives Us N2,400 To Feed Pupils – Food Vendors (714 Views)

CBN, NNPC To Fund Returnees’ Accommodation, Feeding – FG / Lockdown: FG Gives N20,000 To Poor Households In FCT / "FG Wants Us To Feed Pupils Rice, Beans, Vegetable, Crayfish With Just N35" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

School Feeding: FG Gives Us N2,400 To Feed Pupils – Food Vendors by Sigggy: 8:40am On Aug 26, 2021
Food vendors who were contracted by the federal government to run the school feeding programme in Ondo State have disclosed to [url][/url] that they received very little amount to cook for pupils in the state.

Some of the food vendors who were engaged by the Federal Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development for the scheme known as Home Grown Feeding Programme in the state, revealed that they received the sum of N2,400 to cater for 50 to 70 pupils daily.

According to the food vendors who craved anonymity, the money which totaled N12,000 per were and which they received on weekly basis to cook for the pupils was no longer realistic with high cost of ingredients and foodstuffs in the market.

One of the vendors who revealed that they received eggs from government, maintained that the money given to them was not enough compared to the number of students they must cater for.

The vendor maintained that despite series of complaints, nothing had been done over the situation, hence the resolve to give the pupils whatever was available.

“As for me, there is no how I will bring fruits for the pupils, how will I do it? So I have ruled out fruits because there is no money available for that.”

However, a head teacher in one of the primary schools in Ifedore Local Government Area of the state who commended the federal government for the initiative, lamented that the food vendors have not been consistent with the programme.

“At times, when we called the cook, she will tell us money is not dropping into her account. So we want the money to be dropping into their accounts as and when due.

“Some of the vendors have not come this term. We have not seen them since we resume this term. Even last term, they didn’t come for about two weeks till we had holidays.”

Reacting to [url][/url], the Senior Special Adviser to Governor Oluwarotimi Akeredolu on Multilateral and Intergovernmental Relations who is also the Focal Person on Nigerian Social Investment Programme in the State, Mrs. Bunmi Ademosu described the claims as false.

Ademosu, who accused the food vendors of insincerity, stated that on many occasions, the number of pupils they claimed to feed in many schools were inflated.

https:///school-feeding-fg-gives-us-n2400-to-feed-pupils-food-vendors/

Re: School Feeding: FG Gives Us N2,400 To Feed Pupils – Food Vendors by heniford2: 8:48am On Aug 26, 2021
grin everyone is a criminal in Naija Nawa oh
Re: School Feeding: FG Gives Us N2,400 To Feed Pupils – Food Vendors by richiemcgold: 8:49am On Aug 26, 2021
we didn't beg this useless government to feed our kids. Abi na by force ni?
Re: School Feeding: FG Gives Us N2,400 To Feed Pupils – Food Vendors by Akporo1234: 8:58am On Aug 26, 2021
I personally won't allow my child eat their food. They can keep it!
Re: School Feeding: FG Gives Us N2,400 To Feed Pupils – Food Vendors by Akporo1234: 9:37am On Aug 26, 2021
shocked shocked
Re: School Feeding: FG Gives Us N2,400 To Feed Pupils – Food Vendors by sapientia(m): 10:04am On Aug 26, 2021
Sigggy:

the Senior Special Adviser to Governor Oluwarotimi Akeredolu on Multilateral and Intergovernmental Relations who is also the Focal Person on Nigerian Social Investment Programme in the State, Mrs. Bunmi Ademosu described the claims as false.

Anything this government deny is true

I didn't make the rule

It is what it is.
Re: School Feeding: FG Gives Us N2,400 To Feed Pupils – Food Vendors by Sirjamo: 10:38am On Aug 26, 2021
I thought the miserable wailers say there was no any school feeding. Gradually all of you will be put to shame.
Re: School Feeding: FG Gives Us N2,400 To Feed Pupils – Food Vendors by Nobody: 10:52am On Aug 26, 2021
richiemcgold:
we didn't beg this useless government to feed our kids. Abi na by force ni?
Na aboki kids them dey feed, wetin concern them with your kids grin

Just a repackaged almajiri handout instead of addressing the almajiri root problem
Re: School Feeding: FG Gives Us N2,400 To Feed Pupils – Food Vendors by wislika2020: 11:06am On Aug 26, 2021
Sirjamo:
I thought the miserable wailers say there was no any school feeding. Gradually all of you will be put to shame.

Which school feeding? Go and verify in your community primary schools than writing trash here.
Re: School Feeding: FG Gives Us N2,400 To Feed Pupils – Food Vendors by wislika2020: 11:06am On Aug 26, 2021
wislika2020:

Which school feeding? Go and verify in your community primary schools than writing trash here.
Re: School Feeding: FG Gives Us N2,400 To Feed Pupils – Food Vendors by Sixsigmahub: 2:21pm On Aug 26, 2021
This government is just a hypocrite!!

(1) (Reply)

Why I Honoured DIA Invitation – Ex-naval Officer Olawunmi / Embrace APC Now Or Lose Your Place In 2023, Party Chieftain Tells Igbos / First It Was Ika, Now Ijaw, Ikwerre Next

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.