Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,316 members, 7,826,253 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:50 AM

UEFA Champions League Draw On 26th August 2021 - Sports (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / UEFA Champions League Draw On 26th August 2021 (62336 Views)

Qatar 2022 World Cup Draw On 1st April 2022 / Nigeria Vs Argentina: World Cup (1 - 2) On 26th June 2018 / FIFA World Cup 2018 Draw On December 1st (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 26th August 2021 by Patriotic9ja(m): 9:30pm On Aug 26, 2021
RioCarputo:

the award is uefa best coach of the year, not world best coach...

Yeah. I think you are the one adding "world"
Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 26th August 2021 by yemi1504: 9:32pm On Aug 26, 2021
mattmogan88:

No mind them...

But as far as ole na our coach, we are not going anywhere, no need to be excited undecided

Exactly, that Ole na -1, hin unpredictability wey he fit win today, fit dey coach for the other team tomorrow no convince me at all! Last match na the straw wey break camel's back for me!
Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 26th August 2021 by yemi1504: 9:36pm On Aug 26, 2021
DannyJ19:
Hope Man utd would be able to win Villareal this time. grin

You can't bank on that bro! Man U and teams that park the bus is the team's issue as always!
Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 26th August 2021 by raybenny(m): 9:38pm On Aug 26, 2021
Henrick007:
Na which group arsenal dey?
Relegation platoon
Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 26th August 2021 by myfameblog(f): 9:38pm On Aug 26, 2021
ALLISON BECKER: CHELSEA ARE PREMIER LEAGUE TITLE FAVORITES .

— Allison Becker has said Chelsea are Strong contenders for the Premier League crown.

— The Brazilian Goalkeeper believes that last season’s UEFA Champions League Winners are stronger than they were last season after signing Romelu Lukaku this summer.

— Liverpool face Chelsea in the Premier League on Saturday.

Contrary to Thomas Tuchel’s comments about Chelsea’s chances of winning the Premier League title, Liverpool goalkeeper Alisson Becker has said the UEFA Champions League Winners are one of the leading contenders for the Premier League title.

Chelsea and Liverpool both face-off in the Premier League on Saturday. And it’s a match to watch, given the two clubs have won both of their first two Premier League games this season. Therefore someone will have to drop points on Saturday when the two teams go head-to-head in an interesting showdown at Anfield.

Read More Here: https://sportnews.betguiders.com/allison-becker-chelsea-are-premier-league-title-favorites/
Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 26th August 2021 by raybenny(m): 9:39pm On Aug 26, 2021
Henrick007:
Na which group arsenal dey?
Group of relegation. AKA mango platoon.
Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 26th August 2021 by UNCL3(m): 9:40pm On Aug 26, 2021
Faber:

I don't make noise in the name of knowing football. Soccer(if not sports in general) is my second life. The last time Benfica lost a match was 23rd May. Benfica is currently on 14 unbeaten run. Me wey dey chop money with Benfica almost every week.

See make I tell you. Barca is currently a congregation made up of top expensive flops.
You know Barca pass me abi? Even Barca women go see draw if they play the men grin

14 unbeaten run against which clubs?

Psg, Bayern, Man City etc I guess.

Rest abeg.
Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 26th August 2021 by yemi1504: 9:42pm On Aug 26, 2021
ServanTheG:
Is this the new format? I thought UEFA said the number of goals scored away won't count at all. Once both teams are tied on the same goals its extra time then penalties

You are right bro, it has been abolished from this season onwards! He is definitely not current!
Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 26th August 2021 by MhiztaFrank(m): 9:42pm On Aug 26, 2021
Chelsea Chelsea how I know you will qualify alongside Juventus

But you see Man U it's a 40% chance
Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 26th August 2021 by raybenny(m): 9:42pm On Aug 26, 2021
Grantedgold8:
Alot of return matches are in this season group stage, where Barca and Bayern,
Man utd and Villarreal, Liverpool and athletic Madrid, inter millan, real Madrid and sherkter are in same group again.

Other interesting games to watch are Juventus vs Chelsea
PSG vs Man City; where Ronaldo and Messi can face each other again.
Is C Ronaldo not in Juve again. Is he already on transfer to Man City?. I just want to know
Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 26th August 2021 by Fantazy(m): 9:43pm On Aug 26, 2021
Mangekyo:
The 2021/22 Champions League group stage draw in full

Group A: Man City, PSG, RB Leipzig, Club Bruges

Group B: Atletico Madrid, Liverpool, Porto, AC Milan

Group C: Sporting Lisbon, Borussia Dortmund, Ajax, Besiktas

Group D: Inter Milan, Real Madrid, Shakhtar Donetsk, Sheriff Tiraspol

Group E: Bayern Munich, Barcelona, Benfica, Dynamo Kyiv

Group F: Villarreal, Man Utd, Atalanta, Young Boys

Group G: Lille, Sevilla, FC Salzburg, Wolfsburg

Group H: Chelsea, Juventus, Zenit St Petersburg, Malmo

Why is it 2 big teams and 2 small teams in all the groups?
Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 26th August 2021 by Faber(m): 9:53pm On Aug 26, 2021
UNCL3:

14 unbeaten run against which clubs?

Psg, Bayern, Man City etc I guess.

Rest abeg.

They beat Lille Champions of France. Lille Dem no beat PSG for Ligue 1 community cup at the beginning of this season.

14 unbeaten run no dey easy. Even against High school teams e no dey easy
Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 26th August 2021 by Pascal181: 9:58pm On Aug 26, 2021
I'm having fears for Chelsea o. The last time Chelsea won champions League, the following season they were drawn along with juventus and they failed to qualify from the group stage. History please don't repeat yourself this time

1 Like

Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 26th August 2021 by Faber(m): 10:02pm On Aug 26, 2021
andrew444:

Unbeaten run from Portugal and friendlies means red hot form grin

No be this benfica wey I watch against psv

You are not a Barca fan

Barca haven’t started badly if you are to even judge

Barca will qualify and that’s fact

To put you right. Portuguese league is among the top 5 leagues in Europe ahead of French Ligue 1. Porto no win Chelsea at Stamford bridge last season. You think Portuguese League na farmers league. The official Farmers League is Ligue 1 followed by Budensliga.

See Barca running from pillar to post when Playing ordinary Salzburg. Salzburg used their 2nd team o. Salzburg overun Barca..abi u no watch am. Tell me now is Friendly games...then the person wey win his own Friendly he is not inform. You wey loose guard for friendly is in top form more than him.
Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 26th August 2021 by MilitaryLady(f): 10:11pm On Aug 26, 2021
Faber:

It is clear that huge bad luck dey follow Barca. Barca will be playing Europa league this time. Better make them go in group stage than to play Thursday night football grin

They should just go in the group stage and concentrate on top 4 finish in La Liga.
So na benefica go commot Barca?
Oga talk as if you dey watch match
Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 26th August 2021 by sotall(m): 10:14pm On Aug 26, 2021
Faber:

I just laughed. Have you watched Benfica recently. Benfica is in red hot form. Barca wins most times from set pieces. And the master who converts those set pieces is no longer with us. If you remove the set pieces Messi converted for Barca. We may not have won many titles during his era
Champions league is a different ball game entirely.
They maybe in red hot form but not where Barca is.
I strongly believe the minimum position for Barca in this group stage is second

1 Like

Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 26th August 2021 by andrew444(m): 10:17pm On Aug 26, 2021
Faber:

To put you right. Portuguese league is among the top 5 leagues in Europe ahead of French Ligue 1. Porto no win Chelsea at Stamford bridge last season. You think Portuguese League na farmers league. The official Farmers League is Ligue 1 followed by Budensliga.

See Barca running from pillar to post when Playing ordinary Salzburg. Salzburg used their 2nd team o. Salzburg overun Barca..abi u no watch am. Tell me now is Friendly games...then the person wey win his own Friendly he is not inform. You wey loose guard for friendly is in top form more than him.

If I am to go by friendly games this season many big teams lost ,the last time I checked Barca haven’t been bad in Their last 2 games

You are not a Barca fan and you don’t know football

Suddenly someone is rating the Portuguese league because Barca is involved grin

Benfica wey no fit win league ahead of sporting lisbon wey almost go unbeaten ,Baba make inhear word abeg

Porto winning Chelsea is useless ,they didn’t qualify

See as you Dey contradict yourself ,bundesliga is better Than the Portuguese league ,even farmers league have been doing well in the champions league ahead of Portuguese teams

Stop exposing your poor knowledge about the game by criticizing Barca with a friendly game ,come out with your full chest and troll Barca and stop hiding by saying you are a Barca fan grin

2 Likes

Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 26th August 2021 by andrew444(m): 10:20pm On Aug 26, 2021
sotall:

Champions league is a different ball game entirely.
They maybe in red hot form but not where Barca is.
I strongly believe the minimum position for Barca in this group stage is second

That one no no the meaning of red hot form grin
Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 26th August 2021 by Faber(m): 10:34pm On Aug 26, 2021
andrew444:

If I am to go by friendly games this season many big teams lost ,the last time I checked Barca haven’t been bad in Their last 2 games

You are not a Barca fan and you don’t know football

Suddenly someone is rating the Portuguese league because Barca is involved grin

Benfica wey no fit win league ahead of sporting lisbon wey almost go unbeaten , Baba make inhear word abeg

Porto winning Chelsea is useless ,they didn’t qualify

See as you Dey contradict yourself ,bundesliga is better Than the Portuguese league ,even farmers league have been doing well in the champions league ahead of Portuguese teams

Stop exposing your poor knowledge about the game by criticizing Barca with a friendly game ,come out with your full chest and troll Barca and stop hiding by saying you are a Barca fan grin

The last meeting of Benfica and Sporting. Benfica won them 4:3 second leg last season. Sporting won the league cos many big teams in the Big 5 were shaking. Same way Lille and Inter stepped up to win their leagues. If they put match for Benfica and Barca today today, this night. Benfica will win. For the last time I am a full blooded Culer. That will not make me to hide to truth about Barcelona. We are not doing well right now. As you say u Sabi Barca pass me, and you be better fan pass me.. what did Barcelona as a Club commemorated yesterday. All of us Barca fans celebrated it yesterday, what was that?
Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 26th August 2021 by Silentgroper(m): 10:39pm On Aug 26, 2021
Commentor:
Chelsea
Juve
Zenith St. Petersburg.
Malmo
Choi.. See the champions of europe being placed in an easy group.
Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 26th August 2021 by andrew444(m): 10:45pm On Aug 26, 2021
Faber:

The last meeting of Benfica and Sporting. Benfica won them 4:3 second leg last season. Sporting won the league cos many big teams in the Big 5 were shaking. Same way Lille and Inter stepped up to win their leagues. If they put match for Benfica and Barca today today, this night. Benfica will win. For the last time I am a full blooded Culer. That will not make me to hide to truth about Barcelona. We are not doing well right now. As you say u Sabi Barca pass me, and you be better fan pass me.. what did Barcelona as a Club commemorated yesterday. All of us Barca fans celebrated it yesterday, what was that?

Barca no Dey like before but I know a Barca fan when I see one

A Barca fan will not rate benfica ahead of Barca

You are not a Barca fan ,maybe you are a Messi fan

EOD
Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 26th August 2021 by Okhuadams(m): 10:54pm On Aug 26, 2021
yemi1504:

Because I be Man U fan na but we no get coach sha, na gambler we get!
don't worry we go try this season
Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 26th August 2021 by Faber(m): 11:00pm On Aug 26, 2021
andrew444:

Barca no Dey like before but I know a Barca fan when I see one

A Barca fan will not rate benfica ahead of Barca

You are not a Barca fan ,maybe you are a Messi fan

EOD

Rate abi na Rattle. We have met Benfica 4 times with 2 wins and 2 draws and the two wins was the same scoreline...2:0. This was during the Messi era, when we were in top form.

It is always hard for Barcelona to win Benfica. Right now we are shaking as a team. Messi who grinds results out with set pieces is no longer there. And you're here talking nonsense. There's a difference between a fan who is realistic and a noise making fanatic who claims to be a fan. The real fans are not the fanatics. You know how much Barcelona Gold membership cost me. I receive top news about the club firsthand. When we tell you we are struggling, I know what am saying. The underground politics going on right now is a swap deal with Atletico. Barcelona wants to return Griezman back to them and get Joa Felix. Its on table right now.

Depay is playing today cos Pique lowered his salary by 60% because Pique owns a club in Spanish 3rd division, and is somehow comfortable financially. The club in question is doing well.

Do you know that Messi's new contract was for him to be paid 50% of his salary. And for now he will not be paid untill 2023, that when he will begin collect salary. La Liga said no. That's why Larpota let him go, plus the super League saga.
Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 26th August 2021 by ServanTheG(m): 11:06pm On Aug 26, 2021
yemi1504:

You are right bro, it has been abolished from this season onwards! He is definitely not current!
Yes jare boss. Na oversabi dey worry am
Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 26th August 2021 by andrew444(m): 11:06pm On Aug 26, 2021
Faber:

Rate abi na Rattle. We have met Benfica 4 times with 2 wins and 2 draws and the two wins was the same scoreline...2:0. This was during the Messi era, when we were in top form.

It is always hard for Barcelona to win Benfica. Right now we are shaking as a team. Messi who grinds results out with set pieces is no longer there. And you're here talking nonsense. There's a difference between a fan who is realistic and a noise making fanatic who claims to be a fan. The real fans are not the fanatics. You know how much Barcelona Gold membership cost me. I receive top news about the club firsthand. When we tell you we are struggling, I know what am saying. The underground politics going on right now is a swap deal with Atletico. Barcelona wants to return Griezman back to them and get Joa Felix. Its on table right now.

Depay is playing today cos Pique lowered his salary by 60% because Pique owns a club in Spanish 3rd division, and is somehow comfortable financially. The club in question is doing well.

Do you know that Messi's new contract was for him to be paid 50% of his salary. And for now he will not be paid untill 2023, that when he will begin collect salary. La Liga said no. That's why Larpota let him go, plus the super League saga.

I no tell you say Barca get money so Wetin bring pique pay cut and Depay playing ?

I am telling you that Barca is a better team than benfica and I am not talking about financial issues

We no get money and Wetin we Dey play Dey different

Thank you
Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 26th August 2021 by ServanTheG(m): 11:18pm On Aug 26, 2021
Fantazy:

Why is it 2 big teams and 2 small teams in all the groups?
Judging them based on pedigree,group B has 4,group E has 3 and group G has 1

1 Like

Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 26th August 2021 by Xantel(f): 12:54am On Aug 27, 2021
Group B is tight
Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 26th August 2021 by dfrost: 12:57am On Aug 27, 2021
Lamasta:

8-2 reloaded grin
Messi foresee this draw coming and ran away from Barcelona grin

cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 26th August 2021 by estyvino(m): 4:58am On Aug 27, 2021
Gdskillful:
Group A: Man City, PSG, RB Leipzig, Club Bruges

Group B: Atletico Madrid, Liverpool, Porto, AC Milan

Group C: Sporting Lisbon, Borussia Dortmund, Ajax,
Besiktas

Group D: Real Madrid, Inter Milan, Shakhtar Donetsk, Sheriff
Tiraspol

Group E: Bayern Munich, Barcelona, Benfica, Dynamo Kyiv

Group F: Villarreal, Man Utd, Atalanta, Young Boys

Group G: Lille, Sevilla, Salzburg, Wolfsburg

Group H: Chelsea, Juventus, Zenit, Malmo
Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 26th August 2021 by dotedote: 5:54am On Aug 27, 2021
pat077:
This is the first time in recent years that city got a relatively tough draw. Liverpool is in the group of death

What City ?
The one killing EPL or NEW YORK CITY ? grin cheesy smiley tongue
Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 26th August 2021 by fergie001: 9:31am On Aug 27, 2021
Angelfrost:

Sigh... May it not be as BLOODY as the last encounter. Amen!

Memphis Depay be wondering: Who even send me message??! cry
I need it to be bloodier ... cheesy grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

The Original Countries Of These France Players (Pictures Attached) / Ahmad Bin Ali Stadium In Qatar Unveiled To The World With Spectacular Launch / Danish TV Station Equates Moroccan Footballers To Monkeys.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.