Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,624 members, 7,820,211 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:28 AM

Forvivness After Immoral Behavior - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Forvivness After Immoral Behavior (883 Views)

What Is Considered Sexually Immoral? / Why Is Necrophilia Immoral ? / Is It Immoral For Christian Women To Wear Thong Underwear? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Forvivness After Immoral Behavior by entwine(f): 6:33am On Jul 20, 2007
Is it possible to be forgiven when you have committed immoral acts, but cant help feeling you want to continue doing so
Re: Forvivness After Immoral Behavior by IGabriel(m): 2:01pm On Jul 23, 2007
dear, u know that no true child of God will want to remain in sin, because that's not consistent with His new nature.we can always recieve mercy when we ask for it in faith.
But u see, u sin aginst ur body when u fall into such things.(ist corithians 6:18)
u ve self controll, use it, u can.Be strong, never u be overcome with evil, but rather overcome evil with good.
Re: Forvivness After Immoral Behavior by entwine(f): 7:47pm On Jul 23, 2007
Hello gabriel Thank you for replying, it is not easy although I do try, but sometimes I am not sure if its really wrong and its how I was meant to be
Re: Forvivness After Immoral Behavior by dominobaby(f): 8:17pm On Jul 23, 2007
Read Hebrews 10: 26 'for if we sin willfully after that we have recieved the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth therefore no more sacrifice for sins'.
Re: Forvivness After Immoral Behavior by dominobaby(f): 8:19pm On Jul 23, 2007
That don't mean that there's no forgiveness but we have to be very careful in what we do.
Re: Forvivness After Immoral Behavior by dominobaby(f): 8:20pm On Jul 23, 2007
That don't mean that there's no forgiveness but we have to be very careful in what we do.
Re: Forvivness After Immoral Behavior by Papa(m): 12:28pm On Aug 01, 2007
Forgiveness is in EXCESS for you sweet heart!
That's the sweetness of the Holy Spirit. Remeber we say: "The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, " because He came to show us this grace of God. However, now that He's gone to heaven, there is One that answers to His Name, and that's the Holy Spirit. ("And the Holy Spirit, Whom the Father shall send IN MY NAME, "wink. So He (The Holy Ghost) administrates the grace of the Lord Jesus. And here's what He's laid down so far.

Have you ever noticed that after the Holy Spirit came to the earth, the bible in the new testament never said to
"ASK" for forgiveness!?

What the bible says is collect it (King James Version says ". . .obtain mercy. . .", because He's got excesses of it flowing toward YOU alone, talk more of the whole world.

So there's more than enough for every sin you've committed, every sin you may be committing and every sin you may ever commit.

Does that mean we should sin on, so this grace may abound!? Paul (in Romans 6:15) said "God forbid!" And then I want you to read the rest of that book and get the picture for yourself on what is sin.

The bible specifically defines in Romans 14:23 what sin is!

(1) (Reply)

Zenithbank Share Coming Out: N150billion / Obama's Victory In The Light Of Scriptures! / Your Life On Earth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.