Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,074 members, 7,957,002 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 02:46 AM

Who Has Bewitched Prince Uche Secondus? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Has Bewitched Prince Uche Secondus? (1225 Views)

Ologbondiyan: History Will Forever Be Kind To Prince Uche Secondus-led PDP NWC / Uche Secondus & Pdp Nwc Meet Over Fayose's Attack.see What They Said(photos) / Uche Secondus Kneels Down And Prays Every Morning In His Office (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Has Bewitched Prince Uche Secondus? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:38pm On Aug 26, 2021
By Tonye Barcanista

There is an African saying that gods make mad whoever they want to kill.

Who would have believed that Prince Uche Secondus, the National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party who was unceremoniously restrained by a High Court in Rivers state following the suspension of his party's membership by members of his Ward in Andoni local government area of Rivers state, would run to a faraway Kebbi High Court to get an order suspending the order of the Rivers state High court?

It is shameful for Secondus' handlers and cronies to seek the services of a High Court in Kebbi state, which is of coordinate authority with a fellow High Court in Rivers state, to set aside the decision of the Rivers state high court instead of approaching a superior court, such as the court of Appeal?

Is it that the Secondus' cronies don't understand hierarchy of courts that they would run to Kebbi High Court judge? This is embarrassing!

Since the order for his suspension was granted by the Rivers state high court, I expected Prince Secondus to approach the judge that issued the order or the Court of Appeal with his own argument to set aside the decision, instead he went to Kebbi High Court, which ordinarily lacks jurisdiction over matters in Rivers state and not superior to any other high court, to set aside the order.

How do they expect Secondus to be reinstated based on the order of Kebbi High Court when they know that the order restraining Secondus by the Rivers High Court still subsist? Don't they know that in case of conflicting judgements by two courts of coordinate authority, the order that came first is what will stand? Don't they know this?

Perhaps, it is either they went to Kebbi high court because they know that they have no case or I overrated them ab initio.

Anyway, I don't wish to be a joy killer but I can't help but burst their bubble. The so-called order they have "gotten" from Kebbi High Court is nothing but a piece of thrash that will not be honored by even the judge that issued it.

I won't be surprised to see Secondus handlers, after reading this, to run to a Shari'a court in Borno state or a magistrate court in Igbosere area of Lagos to obtain another "order"?

But who has bewitched Prince Uche Secondus?

Tamunotonye Inioribo aka Tonye Barcanista is a member of Peoples Democratic Party

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Has Bewitched Prince Uche Secondus? by donpapa(m): 8:43pm On Aug 26, 2021
cheesy
Re: Who Has Bewitched Prince Uche Secondus? by Nobody: 8:46pm On Aug 26, 2021
Mr Nobody knows anything....

Education has not achieved anything meaningful in Nigeria....

So Mr obey the lastest court order
which is Kebbi state high court....

The Rivers state court order is now invalid......So secondus remains PDP chairman...

All of you now both Secondus kebbi high court and Wike Rivers high court should now equally head to appeal court
Re: Who Has Bewitched Prince Uche Secondus? by RuddyFusion(m): 8:49pm On Aug 26, 2021
This is Nigeria where everything goes....

Nobody wants to leave any office .... nobody

1 Like

Re: Who Has Bewitched Prince Uche Secondus? by Sirjamo: 8:50pm On Aug 26, 2021
PDP is dying a slow and painful death

1 Like

Re: Who Has Bewitched Prince Uche Secondus? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:05pm On Aug 26, 2021
Sirjamo:
PDP is dying a slow and painful death
PDP isn't dying
Re: Who Has Bewitched Prince Uche Secondus? by duro4chang(m): 9:05pm On Aug 26, 2021
I told you yesterday that you were joking when you said everything was over since secondus was sacked. The problem has just started. Mark my word.

1 Like

Re: Who Has Bewitched Prince Uche Secondus? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:08pm On Aug 26, 2021
Juliusmalema:
Mr Nobody knows anything....

[b]Education has not achieved anything meaningful in Nigeria....

So Mr obey the lastest court order
which is Kebbi state high court....

The Rivers state court order is now invalid......So secondus remains PDP chairman...

All of you now both Secondus kebbi high court and Wike Rivers high court should now equally head to appeal court

This comment of yours, especially the emboldened, makes me to agree that truly, education didn't work for you
Re: Who Has Bewitched Prince Uche Secondus? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:09pm On Aug 26, 2021
duro4chang:
I told you yesterday that you were joking when you said everything was over since secondus was sacked. The problem has just started. Mark my word.
Everything is over. Oshiomole also got Jigawa high court order when he was sacked by FCT High Court....

...but it failed to make him return

1 Like

Re: Who Has Bewitched Prince Uche Secondus? by duro4chang(m): 9:13pm On Aug 26, 2021
TonyeBarcanista:

Everything is over. Oshiomole also got Jigawa high court order when he was sacked by FCT High Court....

...but it failed to make him return
Time will tell.
Re: Who Has Bewitched Prince Uche Secondus? by Emmanuelcann: 9:25pm On Aug 26, 2021
All politicians are c........!
Re: Who Has Bewitched Prince Uche Secondus? by Nobody: 9:33pm On Aug 26, 2021
duro4chang:
Time will tell.
The best thing for Secondus to do is to head to the appeal court. Nothing will change with the court ruling in kebbi.
Re: Who Has Bewitched Prince Uche Secondus? by uba1991: 9:37pm On Aug 26, 2021
TonyeBarcanista:
By Tonye Barcanista

There is an African saying that gods make mad whoever they want to kill.

Who would have believed that Prince Uche Secondus, the National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party who was unceremoniously restrained by a High Court in Rivers state following the suspension of his party's membership by members of his Ward in Andoni local government area of Rivers state, would run to a faraway Kebbi High Court to get an order suspending the order of the Rivers state High court?

It is shameful for Secondus' handlers and cronies to seek the services of a High Court in Kebbi state, which is of coordinate authority with a fellow High Court in Rivers state, to set aside the decision of the Rivers state high court instead of approaching a superior court, such as the court of Appeal?

Is it that the Secondus' cronies don't understand hierarchy of courts that they would run to Kebbi High Court judge? This is embarrassing!

Since the order for his suspension was granted by the Rivers state high court, I expected Prince Secondus to approach the judge that issued the order or the Court of Appeal with his own argument to set aside the decision, instead he went to Kebbi High Court, which ordinarily lacks jurisdiction over matters in Rivers state and not superior to any other high court, to set aside the order.

How do they expect Secondus to be reinstated based on the order of Kebbi High Court when they know that the order restraining Secondus by the Rivers High Court still subsist? Don't they know that in case of conflicting judgements by two courts of coordinate authority, the order that came first is what will stand? Don't they know this?

Perhaps, it is either they went to Kebbi high court because they know that they have no case or I overrated them ab initio.

Anyway, I don't wish to be a joy killer but I can't help but burst their bubble. The so-called order they have "gotten" from Kebbi High Court is nothing but a piece of thrash that will not be honored by even the judge that issued it.

I won't be surprised to see Secondus handlers, after reading this, to run to a Shari'a court in Borno state or a magistrate court in Igbosere area of Lagos to obtain another "order"?

But who has bewitched Prince Uche Secondus?

Tamunotonye Inioribo aka Tonye Barcanista is a member of Peoples Democratic Party
PDP! Party of animals.
Re: Who Has Bewitched Prince Uche Secondus? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:29pm On Aug 26, 2021
By Tonye Barcanista

In June 2020, a FCT High Court restrained Adams Oshiomole from parading himself as the National Chairman of APC. He went to shop from Jigawa High Court which ordered his reinstatement.

The outcome was that APC stakeholders did not even honor the Jigawa high court order, it was a mere piece of trash

Oshiomole brain later reset. He went to Appeal Court to challenge his suspension and still lost.

In August 2021, a Rivers High Court restrained Prince Uche Secondus from parading himself as the National Chairman of PDP. Rather than appealing the order at either the Rivers High Court or a Court of Appeal, he has gone to shop for a counter order from Kebbi High Court.

Just like in the case of Oshiomole, PDP will not honor this supporter of APC order of Kebbi High Court because it is but another piece of thrash as history will always repeat itself

Tonyebarcanista
Re: Who Has Bewitched Prince Uche Secondus? by Akpuoru: 10:41pm On Aug 26, 2021
I want to say that the title of this piece would've been "who has bewitched Secondus and Wike". The writer has chosen this theme perhaps because he believes that Wike is the saint here who has rightly followed the legal path without any untoward interference to achieve the verdict that emerged from Degema court while Secondus has fraudulently gotten his from Kebbi.
Looking at the two rulings, one thing is clear to any unbiased observer and that is the two " get K-leg". Gbasan who is the judge that gave the interim injunction in Rivers state sacking Secondus is a young judge appointed by Wike last year (I stand to be corrected). He has remained a viable tool in the hand of Wike to execute political cases. ( You can check his controversial ruling just days after his appointment as a judge in an APC Rivers case.
Now the Kebbi case is also another "political ruling" the politicians now manipulate the judiciary to give. Like the OP rightly mentioned, it is a court of coordinate jurisdiction therefore such ruling should not have occurred. However, the saying that he who comes to equity must come with clean hands suffices in matters on this nature. Is the Degema ruling proper and devoid of collusion and judgement commercialization?. I think that it is the same belief by the hawks in Rivers State that the courts can be manipulated is still the belief by those in Kebbi State. It has therefore turned into a battle of judicial chicaneries where all is determined by the greater power. Sadly, the judiciary makes the f00l of themselves while the country suffers for it.
Re: Who Has Bewitched Prince Uche Secondus? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:54pm On Aug 26, 2021
[s]
Akpuoru:
I want to say that the title of this piece would've been "who has bewitched Secondus and Wike". The writer has chosen this theme perhaps because he believes that Wike is the saint here who has rightly followed the legal path without any untoward interference to achieve the verdict that emerged from Degema court while Secondus has fraudulently gotten his from Kebbi.
Looking at the two rulings, one thing is clear to any unbiased observer and that is the two " get K-leg". Gbasan who is the judge that gave the interim injunction in Rivers state sacking Secondus is a young judge appointed by Wike last year (I stand to be corrected). He has remained a viable tool in the hand of Wike to execute political cases. ( You can check his controversial ruling just days after his appointment as a judge in an APC Rivers case.
Now the Kebbi case is also another "political ruling" the politicians now manipulate the judiciary to give. Like the OP rightly mentioned, it is a court of coordinate jurisdiction therefore such ruling should not have occurred. However, the saying that he who comes to equity must come with clean hands suffices in matters on this nature. Is the Degema ruling proper and devoid of collusion and judgement commercialization?. I think that it is the same belief by the hawks in Rivers State that the courts can be manipulated is still the belief by those in Kebbi State. It has therefore turned into a battle of judicial chicaneries where all is determined by the greater power. Sadly, the judiciary makes the f00l of themselves while the country suffers for it.
While you may have your personal sentiments over the Rivers High court order, you will agree if you are learned or enlightened (make lawyers no vex for me) that the order can only be upturned by either the judge that issued it or a superior court (court of Appeal). Jumping to another high court is the height of cluelessness
Re: Who Has Bewitched Prince Uche Secondus? by Akpuoru: 11:16pm On Aug 26, 2021
TonyeBarcanista:
[s] While you may have your personal sentiments over the Rivers High court order, you will agree if you are learned or enlightened (make lawyers no vex for me) that the order can only be upturned by either the judge that issued it or a superior court (court of Appeal). Jumping to another high court is the height of cluelessness
I said the Kebbi ruling should not have occurred under NORMAL circumstances but because of the collusion of the judiciary and the politicians, law has become subjective rather than objective. Unfortunately, verdicts obeyed depend entirely on the choice of the power brokers. Don't exonerate Wike

(1) (Reply)

EFCC Chairman Abdulrasheed Bawa Blames Yaya Bello For His Collapse / Sit At Home Must Stop In Practical By Next Week Says Igbo Youths / 2023: RCCG Creates New Directorate For Politics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.