Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,480 members, 7,830,419 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:48 PM

Ologbondiyan: History Will Forever Be Kind To Prince Uche Secondus-led PDP NWC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ologbondiyan: History Will Forever Be Kind To Prince Uche Secondus-led PDP NWC (9982 Views)

Wike: PDP Can’t Win 2023 Presidency With Secondus-Led NWC In Charge / Aisha Yesufu & EndSARS: History Will Be Kind To This Woman In End SARS Campaign / Uche Secondus & Pdp Nwc Meet Over Fayose's Attack.see What They Said(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ologbondiyan: History Will Forever Be Kind To Prince Uche Secondus-led PDP NWC by nairavsdollars(f): 2:21pm On Dec 08, 2021
Ahead of today’s valedictory session for the Prince Uche Secondus-led National Working Committee (NWC) of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), the outgoing National Publicity Secretary, Kola Ologbondiyan, speaks with TEMIDAYO AKINSUYI in Abuja on the challenges faced by the exco, its achievements in the last four years and other issues of national interests. Excerpts:

Your tenure officially ends tomorrow as the spokesman of Nigeria’s major opposition party, PDP. Can you say that it was an eventful one?

I can clearly say that the tenure of the Prince Uche Secondus and Elder Yemi Akinwonmi -led National Working Committee was very eventful. We came into office in 2017 at a point when the government in power and the ruling party, APC considered the PDP as a dead party. We came in at a point when nobody in the PDP, except for a handful could speak directly to the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari, APC and to whatever they represent. We came into office in 2017 at a point when members of PDP were being castigated, harassed and thrown from courts to prison. It fell as a responsibility on the leadership of the party to straighten the facts before Nigerians, to rescue our members who were being harassed, reshape the party and reconfigure it in a manner that it became an attraction all over again to Nigerians. Like the Bible says and as a Christian and a Catholic, I believe there are times and seasons in every situation under the sun. I believe that this crop of NWC members were charged with a divine responsibility to rewrite the history of the party, reshape it before Nigerians, re-present it to Nigerians and rebuild it. I believe that the job was perfectly done. For the new crop of executives who are coming to take over the responsibility, we wish them very well and we hope they will even surpass what we were able to achieve. No matter what people say, I believe that the 2019 presidential election was won by the PDP and its candidate, Atiku Abubakar, irrespective of the position of the Supreme Court and with all due respect to the judges. I strongly believe that the PDP won that election but were denied. However, it is our prayer and desire that just as at the close of the election in 2019, we had about 16 or 17 states from the position of 11 states that was handed over to us in 2017, it is our prayer that those who will take over from us will return the party to government in 2023.

Many people never gave you a chance when you signified interest in running for the position of NPS in 2017. How were you able to surmount the challenges and emerged victorious?

I won because first, God wanted me to come in at that particular point in time in order to reshape the party and correct the negative impression given to it by the APC. Whether they believed in me or not, God raised men who felt that I should be given the opportunity. These men cut across the whole of this nation. Some are still leading in the PDP while some have left the party. But I give glory to Almighty God that since my assumption of office till date, nobody has called me and said I disappointed them or the party.

Are you satisfied that the NWC you are part of delivered on the mandate given to it by PDP members?

Honestly, I will be very candid in this and I want Nigerians and the leadership of the party to take a decision on what role we played or didn’t play. As a person, I await the verdict of history. I have no doubt in my mind that given the responsibility and the situation in which we found ourselves, we have done our best and we will allow history to judge us.

https://independent.ng/history-will-forever-be-kind-to-secondus-led-pdp-nwc-ologbondiyan/

Re: Ologbondiyan: History Will Forever Be Kind To Prince Uche Secondus-led PDP NWC by Jostoman: 2:25pm On Dec 08, 2021
Secondus really try his best.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ologbondiyan: History Will Forever Be Kind To Prince Uche Secondus-led PDP NWC by slawormiir: 2:30pm On Dec 08, 2021
Damnnn niggar

Pdp .....a party with some great ideology

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ologbondiyan: History Will Forever Be Kind To Prince Uche Secondus-led PDP NWC by PCG001: 2:30pm On Dec 08, 2021
Re: Ologbondiyan: History Will Forever Be Kind To Prince Uche Secondus-led PDP NWC by OLDESTWARRIBOY: 2:30pm On Dec 08, 2021
We no go ever forget am....how he carry PDP Anambra governorship primary cumot from Maduka give who we no know...

Cor Allow Maduka dey go beg Alexreports for Accord Party Slot....Alex come blow with Maduka Money dey organize awards and beauty pageants for everywhere North, West and East.

That one no doam....He Cor dey form agama lizard for e boss wike and the entire PDP wey give am the post

11 Likes

Re: Ologbondiyan: History Will Forever Be Kind To Prince Uche Secondus-led PDP NWC by sharpshap(m): 2:30pm On Dec 08, 2021
Ok
Re: Ologbondiyan: History Will Forever Be Kind To Prince Uche Secondus-led PDP NWC by femimailbox(m): 2:33pm On Dec 08, 2021
Reading!
Re: Ologbondiyan: History Will Forever Be Kind To Prince Uche Secondus-led PDP NWC by MrImole: 2:33pm On Dec 08, 2021
Lol
Re: Ologbondiyan: History Will Forever Be Kind To Prince Uche Secondus-led PDP NWC by affable4(m): 2:33pm On Dec 08, 2021
We have heard
Re: Ologbondiyan: History Will Forever Be Kind To Prince Uche Secondus-led PDP NWC by Way4orward: 2:35pm On Dec 08, 2021
Kiki
Re: Ologbondiyan: History Will Forever Be Kind To Prince Uche Secondus-led PDP NWC by clothingonline(m): 2:35pm On Dec 08, 2021
Who will history be kind to in pdp and Apc ?
Do good history will be kind

Affordable men clothing payment on delivery
Re: Ologbondiyan: History Will Forever Be Kind To Prince Uche Secondus-led PDP NWC by Tinubuadvocate: 2:36pm On Dec 08, 2021
This ologbodiyan Is a very stupid man.

3 Likes

Re: Ologbondiyan: History Will Forever Be Kind To Prince Uche Secondus-led PDP NWC by Houseofglam7(f): 2:36pm On Dec 08, 2021
smiley
Re: Ologbondiyan: History Will Forever Be Kind To Prince Uche Secondus-led PDP NWC by money121(m): 2:36pm On Dec 08, 2021
Ok
Re: Ologbondiyan: History Will Forever Be Kind To Prince Uche Secondus-led PDP NWC by ILoveDemMANNA: 2:36pm On Dec 08, 2021
As my role models and mentors (dem MANNA) will say,
PDP in Nigeria again?
God forbid!!

The most stupid and foolish opposition political party in the world.

No plans, no agenda, nothing!
Only looting galore.
Criminals supported by online fraudsters.
If you are one of the fraudsters supporting looters
Quote me now.

IPIGSRHYPO:
Ologbodiyan the igbo smoking fool, lying SOB mumu spewing trash as usual.
Hahaha grin
Kuku kee am patapata.
His online dogs are in sifia pains already.
Fighting for dem papa.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Ologbondiyan: History Will Forever Be Kind To Prince Uche Secondus-led PDP NWC by DSC7: 2:38pm On Dec 08, 2021
Dis Ologbondiya is too matured Abegggggg....

Big up to him... Bigger him i pray.....

No be all those clowns wey APC gather....

Dem just dey run propaganda up and down.... embarassed

1 Like

Re: Ologbondiyan: History Will Forever Be Kind To Prince Uche Secondus-led PDP NWC by Femeto: 2:40pm On Dec 08, 2021
Na why PDP dey carry second be that. Second Us was the name of their leader.
Re: Ologbondiyan: History Will Forever Be Kind To Prince Uche Secondus-led PDP NWC by Kingpele(m): 2:40pm On Dec 08, 2021
History will not be kind to entire pdp and APC politicians
Re: Ologbondiyan: History Will Forever Be Kind To Prince Uche Secondus-led PDP NWC by Mko123(m): 2:42pm On Dec 08, 2021
Q
Re: Ologbondiyan: History Will Forever Be Kind To Prince Uche Secondus-led PDP NWC by Nobody: 2:42pm On Dec 08, 2021
PDP need to give Peter obi presidency ticket now!

PDP is Igbo igbo is PDP

Atikulated Biafra
Re: Ologbondiyan: History Will Forever Be Kind To Prince Uche Secondus-led PDP NWC by WonderManly(m): 2:44pm On Dec 08, 2021
Good...

1 Like

Re: Ologbondiyan: History Will Forever Be Kind To Prince Uche Secondus-led PDP NWC by duro4chang(m): 2:50pm On Dec 08, 2021
Kingpele:
History will not be kind to entire pdp and APC politicians
Amen
Re: Ologbondiyan: History Will Forever Be Kind To Prince Uche Secondus-led PDP NWC by Godispeace: 2:52pm On Dec 08, 2021
looting & share pea nut /no infrastructure ideology shocked shocked shocked
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar

Pdp .....a party with some great ideology
Re: Ologbondiyan: History Will Forever Be Kind To Prince Uche Secondus-led PDP NWC by Slanderer30: 2:55pm On Dec 08, 2021
What we want is a better and working system.
Meanwhile for your cleaning service needs, call on them.

Re: Ologbondiyan: History Will Forever Be Kind To Prince Uche Secondus-led PDP NWC by ipobarethieves: 2:58pm On Dec 08, 2021
sad Scam talk Reloaded
Re: Ologbondiyan: History Will Forever Be Kind To Prince Uche Secondus-led PDP NWC by ipobarethieves: 2:59pm On Dec 08, 2021
angry angry Tax collectors gangster
Re: Ologbondiyan: History Will Forever Be Kind To Prince Uche Secondus-led PDP NWC by ipobarethieves: 2:59pm On Dec 08, 2021
lipsrsealed shocked grin dem don use style comot the secondus

(1) (2) (Reply)

Biafra Freedom March Set For 16 March / I call Ugwuanyi ‘Junior Jim’, says Jim Nwobodo’s wife / Don’t Cross The Line, Onyeama Advises Diplomatic Community

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.