Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,487 members, 7,816,150 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:43 AM

ANAMBRA 2021: What 'ndi Anambras' Are Not Seeing - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ANAMBRA 2021: What 'ndi Anambras' Are Not Seeing (1122 Views)

What Ndi Igbo See Sitting Down Nigeria Will Never See It When Standing / Nnamdi Kanu In 2015 Vs 2021, What Has Changed? / 10 Billionaires Eye Anambra 2021 Governorship Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ANAMBRA 2021: What 'ndi Anambras' Are Not Seeing by Nobody: 9:58pm On Aug 26, 2021
There is a common adage among the Annang people in Akwa Ibom state, that 'a dancer cannot see his/ her back'. The choice of who becomes the Executive Governor of Anambra state, seems to be clearer to non indigenes of Anambra state, than the 'Ndi Anambras.'

Anambra happens to be the industrial capital of the South East and South South zone, hence the outcome of the November 6 Gubernatorial election, is important not only to the Igbos or people of Anambra state.

From antecedents and contributions to economic and human capital development of Anambra state- factors which most times political aspirants are adjudged upon, to manifestos, no Governorship aspirant in Anambra state deserves more support than Senator Ifeanyi Ubah, candidate of the Young Progressive Party.

As a serving senaror, Ifeanyi Ubah has proven to be an audible voice, not just for the people of Anambra but a catalyst for improved national economy. Bills sponsored by him includes the Deep Offshore And Inland Basin Production Sharing Contract Act Bill, 2019 passed And Signed Into Law; National Institute For Business Studies Nnewi, Anambra State Bill, 2019; Petroleum Tankers Safety Bill, 2019; Power And Petroleum Safety Institute, Oraifite Bill, 2019; Institute Of Aviation Safety And Management Mbosi, Anambra State Bill, 2019; Erosion Control And Prevention Commission Bill, 2019; National Institute For Security And Strategic Studies, Orumba, Anambra State Bill, 2019; Bill To Upgrade Federal Polytechnic Oko, Orumba-North, Anambra To Federal University Of Technology Oko Bill, 2019; Institute Of Rice Research And Development Bill, 2019 and the Metallurgy Training Institute Orumba Bill, 2020.

Aside sponsored bills, Senator Ifeanyi has consistently led in legislative interventions, especially as it concerns commercial activities in country. These intervention includes a motion on the urgent need to look into the infrastructural decadence ravaging the Nkwo Nnewi commercial cluster, trade fair complex along Lagos-Badagry Expressway and Oshodi Apapa Expressway which leads to Nigeria’s biggest Seaports - Tincan and Apapa Wharf; motion for review of the Deep Offshore and Inland Basin Production Sharing Contract Act Cap D3 LFN 2004 and Amendment of Act, as a way of aiding the country to generate 360 million naira annually; motion on the closure of over 600 Nigerian shops and businesses in Ghana; motion on the urgent need for the federal government to streamline import duty and value added tax(VAT) waiver to essential pharmaceutical drugs; motion on the urgent need to protect Nigeria's indigenous airlines from extinction due to multiple designations and frequencies granted foreign airlines in Nigeria.

In a bid to ensure the ease of getting Chinese Visas for Anambra people and to work towards improving the economy of the region, Senator Ifeanyi Ubah led a delegation of Igbo market leaders to the Chinese Consul general in Lagos to discuss Visa issuance policies. The delegation included Chief Allen Onyema, CEO of Air Peace and Chief Akai Egwuonwu, CEO; Anambra rice/Stine Mills.

Perhaps, Ifeanyi Ubah FC is the biggest factor that has made Senator Ifeanyi Ubah dear to heart of young Nigerians. The young people are the future workforce of the Nigeria, with about 11 million young people expected to enter the labor market each year for the next decade.

It is a provable truth that NONE of the other aspirants, has done a quarter of what Senator Ifeanyi Ubah has done for the young people.
There are lots of technological revolution going on globally and the younger people are pushing the boundaries. They have talent and energy, which as a nation, we must convert for the good of our nation.

Some aspirants are mere Professors whose English grammer cannot improve the economic lot of the East, and some are Medical Doctors who just returned from the United States to tell us how much money they made overseas.

Samuel Udoh writes from Abuja

1 Like

Re: ANAMBRA 2021: What 'ndi Anambras' Are Not Seeing by Legendforte: 10:23pm On Aug 26, 2021
Well for fairness, Anambra south should be given an opportunity to govern. Let's look beyond parties and vote for the best candidate.
Ifeanyi ubah may not be a professor of this or that but have tried in his own capacity.
He built and invested in Anambra Authority radio and newspaper, fc ifeanyi ubah fc stadium and other projects he has been championing.
Greetings to my fellow Anambrarians

3 Likes

Re: ANAMBRA 2021: What 'ndi Anambras' Are Not Seeing by Nobody: 7:34am On Aug 27, 2021
Ifeanyi Ubah is good to go grin
Re: ANAMBRA 2021: What 'ndi Anambras' Are Not Seeing by Nobody: 8:16am On Aug 27, 2021
Yoruba don't hold igbo leaders for their problem but igbos don't reciprocate the gesture, why?
Re: ANAMBRA 2021: What 'ndi Anambras' Are Not Seeing by umunaija: 9:27am On Aug 27, 2021
SlyDev:
Yoruba don't hold igbo leaders for their problem but igbos don't reciprocate the gesture, why?

I don't know what gives you guys joy in all this nonsense tribalism. If you are born in most country, you automatically become a citizen of that country. But an Igbo man born and brought up and lives in Lagos have no right to talk about Lagos politics. A Yoruba guy born, brought up and lives in for example Ekiti can talk, recommend and criticize Lagos politics just because his name ola or seun etc. Many Igbo guys have paid millions in taxes, and other fees to Lagos State, many have created employment and employ hundreds of people but if they talk about politics, they will be called omo Igbo that are not supposed to talk while some of you guys have not contributed anything to the state but claim citizens. Some have not been to the state before self. Let me tell you, bible said that where the treasure of a man is, his heart will always be there. May God help you all.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ANAMBRA 2021: What 'ndi Anambras' Are Not Seeing by Nobody: 9:41am On Aug 27, 2021
umunaija:

I don't know what gives you guys joy in all this nonsense tribalism. If you are born in most country, you automatically become a citizen of that country. But an Igbo man born and brought up and lives in Lagos have no right to talk about Lagos politics. A Yoruba guy born, brought up and lives in for example Ekiti can talk, recommend and criticize Lagos politics just because his name ola or seun etc. Many Igbo guys have paid millions in taxes, and other fees to Lagos State, many have created employment and employ hundreds of people but if they talk about politics, they will be called omo Igbo that are not supposed to talk while some of you guys have not contributed anything to the state but claim citizens. Some have not been to the state before self. Let me tell you, bible said that where the treasure of a man is, his heart will always be there. May God help you all.
your brothers that have lived in Asia countries are still igbos even tho they paid taxes. Igbos in American are still Africans, so I don't understand paying of tax means you can insult our leaders 24/7.
Re: ANAMBRA 2021: What 'ndi Anambras' Are Not Seeing by Olatomiwami(m): 9:46am On Aug 27, 2021
SlyDev:

Not Igbos,but Igbos miscreants with mosquito brains,Igbos are hardworking beings and intellectually sound,but Igbos has made Igbos to be unserious lots.
Re: ANAMBRA 2021: What 'ndi Anambras' Are Not Seeing by Olatomiwami(m): 9:51am On Aug 27, 2021
umunaija:

Book of Lamentations chapter 1 verse 1, tell that epistles to the birds,paying taxes? Is that a gift ? U are making huge returns on your investment with conducive atmosphere from your host state,stop been clever by half,u can't give what u don't have in my region,will that b allowed in SE, I before others mentality.
Re: ANAMBRA 2021: What 'ndi Anambras' Are Not Seeing by BiafraInc: 9:56am On Aug 27, 2021
What an idiot and his useless and myopic article. People are talking about freedom and you fool is talking about election. What will election serve you muguh? Don't you hear that terrorists about to take over your land to Islamize you? Why are some of you so prone to slavery way of life? May thunder fire you and your illiterate senator Ubah. Shameless nincompoop.
Re: ANAMBRA 2021: What 'ndi Anambras' Are Not Seeing by umunaija: 11:55am On Aug 27, 2021
Olatomiwami:

Book of Lamentations chapter 1 verse 1, tell that epistles to the birds,paying taxes? Is that a gift ? U are making huge returns on your investment with conducive atmosphere from your host state,stop been clever by half,u can't give what u don't have in my region,will that b allowed in SE, I before others mentality.

Who is lamenting, me?, You are funny. Am not a politician and not interested in politics. Let me tell you, I enjoy and will continue to enjoy Lagos more than 99% of you tribalistic elements. Lagos have been favourable to me, I live in my own house, I have raised made men both Igbo and Yorubas, close to some of your politicians more than you. The vice president was my pastor, if I meet him now, he will call me by name. Am sure you think you love him more than me, lol. Continue tribalism while learned people and the Rich continue looking for connection irrespective of tribe. I pray that God will open your eyes.
Re: ANAMBRA 2021: What 'ndi Anambras' Are Not Seeing by umunaija: 12:09pm On Aug 27, 2021
SlyDev:
your brothers that have lived in Asia countries are still igbos even tho they paid taxes. Igbos in American are still Africans, so I don't understand paying of tax means you can insult our leaders 24/7.

You lied, Igbos born in America has right to vote and be voted for, they are full American citizens. Likewise most countries. Here we continue talking about tribalism as if it's food. For your information, Lagos governor is my leader as long as I live in Lagos, that my name is nnamdi or gozie doesn't mean that his policies cannot affect me. Ask yourself, which of your politicians or Rich people are tribalists, they are in partnership with individuals from every tribe. But they use divide and rule to destroy you. Atiku and tinubu are political enemies but they are business partners and good friends. Did you see buhari son's wedding, all politicians are friends and partners but you are here hating people that you can benefits from and that can benefit from you if you purge your heart of tribalism. Your destiny helper may be an Igbo man, don't let tribalism destroy it. A word is enough for the wise.

1 Like

Re: ANAMBRA 2021: What 'ndi Anambras' Are Not Seeing by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 12:15pm On Aug 27, 2021
SlyDev:
Not when the so called leaders are looting the tax, they deserve the insults then.
Re: ANAMBRA 2021: What 'ndi Anambras' Are Not Seeing by umunaija: 12:44pm On Aug 27, 2021
Olatomiwami:

Look at the image below, MD/CEO of Cowas Int. Trading, Mr Kenny Farinloye, & the National Sales Manager, Mr Adeleke Adetunji, Chief Obinna Iyiegbu (Obi Cubana), Ajaegbu Kingsley (Nony Cubana) and other dignitaries from the Cubana Group. They look for talents to connect not tribe. They will continue making money and you will continue lamenting if you are not careful and change your ways. They just signed partnership agreement.

Re: ANAMBRA 2021: What 'ndi Anambras' Are Not Seeing by Olatomiwami(m): 12:45pm On Aug 27, 2021
Ki
umunaija:

Who is lamenting, me?, You are funny. Am not a politician and not interested in politics. Let me tell you, I enjoy and will continue to enjoy Lagos more than 99% of you tribalistic elements. Lagos have been favourable to me, I live in my own house, I have raised made men both Igbo and Yorubas, close to some of your politicians more than you. The vice president was my pastor, if I meet him now, he will call me by name. Am sure you think you love him more than me, lol. Continue tribalism while learned people and the Rich continue looking for connection irrespective of tribe. I pray that God will open your eyes.

U can b anything on faceless forum,for your info,this is @yebosola one and only,u can't tell who the VP is,is your people that are tribalistic that don't stay on their lane,u guys can't dictate our politics for us,I live in Lekki as a biz person close to 60, so am not a riff raff or tribalistic idiot,but I will b a Yoruba manfirst before been a Nigerian,no apology for that, Peace.
Re: ANAMBRA 2021: What 'ndi Anambras' Are Not Seeing by Nobody: 12:47pm On Aug 27, 2021
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Not when the so called leaders are looting the tax, they deserve the insults then.

Are your leaders not looting too? Why the fixations on only yoruba leaders. You can't even proof he's looting the money
Re: ANAMBRA 2021: What 'ndi Anambras' Are Not Seeing by Nobody: 12:50pm On Aug 27, 2021
umunaija:

You lied, Igbos born in America has right to vote and be voted for, they are full American citizens. Likewise most countries. Here we continue talking about tribalism as if it's food. For your information, Lagos governor is my leader as long as I live in Lagos, that my name is nnamdi or gozie doesn't mean that his policies cannot affect me. Ask yourself, which of your politicians or Rich people are tribalists, they are in partnership with individuals from every tribe. But they use divide and rule to destroy you. Atiku and tinubu are political enemies but they are business partners and good friends. Did you see buhari son's wedding, all politicians are friends and partners but you are here hating people that you can benefits from and that can benefit from you if you purge your heart of tribalism. Your destiny helper may be an Igbo man, don't let tribalism destroy it. A word is enough for the wise.

An enemy of my yoruba leaders is an enemy to Yorubas so save the nonsense in your pocket.
Re: ANAMBRA 2021: What 'ndi Anambras' Are Not Seeing by EmekaA125(m): 12:52pm On Aug 27, 2021
umunaija:

Aptly stated. They don't want Igbo people paying taxes to Lagos State Govt to criticize or have a say in Lagos politics. Just imagine their poor mentality. Afonjas are very annoying shocked
Re: ANAMBRA 2021: What 'ndi Anambras' Are Not Seeing by EmekaA125(m): 12:54pm On Aug 27, 2021
SlyDev:

An enemy of my yoruba leaders is an enemy to Yorubas so save the nonsense in your pocket.
Shut up ur mouth. An enemy to ur Yoruba leaders like Tinubu stealing ur future away abi? U need sense because you lack one.
Re: ANAMBRA 2021: What 'ndi Anambras' Are Not Seeing by Nobody: 12:56pm On Aug 27, 2021
EmekaA125:

Shut up ur mouth. An enemy to ur Yoruba leaders like Tinubu stealing ur future away abi? U need sense because you lack one.

Is it your future? When kanu was frying your future with nsala u see me complain? Know you place abeg
Re: ANAMBRA 2021: What 'ndi Anambras' Are Not Seeing by umunaija: 1:11pm On Aug 27, 2021
Olatomiwami:
Ki

U can b anything on faceless forum,for your info,this is @yebosola one and only,u can't tell who the VP is,is your people that are tribalistic that don't stay on their lane,u guys can't dictate our politics for us,I live in Lekki as a biz person close to 60, so am not a riff raff or tribalistic idiot,but I will b a Yoruba manfirst before been a Nigerian,no apology for that, Peace.

I have nothing against you, we can be business partners tomorrow but honestly at your age If you are still emotionally attached to your tribe, religion or political leaning to the point that talents, truth and justice become secondary considerations, your education and exposure is useless. If you cannot reason beyond petty sentiments, you are a liability. Good day.
Re: ANAMBRA 2021: What 'ndi Anambras' Are Not Seeing by umunaija: 1:12pm On Aug 27, 2021
God bless everyone
Re: ANAMBRA 2021: What 'ndi Anambras' Are Not Seeing by Olatomiwami(m): 9:50pm On Aug 27, 2021
umunaija:

I have nothing against you, we can be business partners tomorrow but honestly at your age If you are still emotionally attached to your tribe, religion or political leaning to the point that talents, truth and justice become secondary considerations, your education and exposure is useless. If you cannot reason beyond petty sentiments, you are a liability. Good day.

My brother,we are talking politics not biz,u are mixing it up,nobody,I repeat nobody can dictate SW politics for us ,not Igbos most expecially,can u allow that in your region? Are u that tolerant? B truthful,I come in peace.
Re: ANAMBRA 2021: What 'ndi Anambras' Are Not Seeing by Olatomiwami(m): 9:51pm On Aug 27, 2021
umunaija:

Look at the image below, MD/CEO of Cowas Int. Trading, Mr Kenny Farinloye, & the National Sales Manager, Mr Adeleke Adetunji, Chief Obinna Iyiegbu (Obi Cubana), Ajaegbu Kingsley (Nony Cubana) and other dignitaries from the Cubana Group. They look for talents to connect not tribe. They will continue making money and you will continue lamenting if you are not careful and change your ways. They just signed partnership agreement.

My brother,we are talking politics not biz,u are mixing it up,nobody,I repeat nobody can dictate SW politics for us ,not Igbos most expecially,can u allow that in your region? Are u that tolerant? B truthful,I come in peace.
Re: ANAMBRA 2021: What 'ndi Anambras' Are Not Seeing by stanluiz(m): 10:33pm On Aug 27, 2021
BlueZeeder:
There is a common adage among the Annang people in Akwa Ibom state, that 'a dancer cannot see his/ her back'. The choice of who becomes the Executive Governor of Anambra state, seems to be clearer to non indigenes of Anambra state, than the 'Ndi Anambras.'

Anambra happens to be the industrial capital of the South East and South South zone, hence the outcome of the November 6 Gubernatorial election, is important not only to the Igbos or people of Anambra state.

From antecedents and contributions to economic and human capital development of Anambra state- factors which most times political aspirants are adjudged upon, to manifestos, no Governorship aspirant in Anambra state deserves more support than Senator Ifeanyi Ubah, candidate of the Young Progressive Party.

As a serving senaror, Ifeanyi Ubah has proven to be an audible voice, not just for the people of Anambra but a catalyst for improved national economy. Bills sponsored by him includes the Deep Offshore And Inland Basin Production Sharing Contract Act Bill, 2019 passed And Signed Into Law; National Institute For Business Studies Nnewi, Anambra State Bill, 2019; Petroleum Tankers Safety Bill, 2019; Power And Petroleum Safety Institute, Oraifite Bill, 2019; Institute Of Aviation Safety And Management Mbosi, Anambra State Bill, 2019; Erosion Control And Prevention Commission Bill, 2019; National Institute For Security And Strategic Studies, Orumba, Anambra State Bill, 2019; Bill To Upgrade Federal Polytechnic Oko, Orumba-North, Anambra To Federal University Of Technology Oko Bill, 2019; Institute Of Rice Research And Development Bill, 2019 and the Metallurgy Training Institute Orumba Bill, 2020.

Aside sponsored bills, Senator Ifeanyi has consistently led in legislative interventions, especially as it concerns commercial activities in country. These intervention includes a motion on the urgent need to look into the infrastructural decadence ravaging the Nkwo Nnewi commercial cluster, trade fair complex along Lagos-Badagry Expressway and Oshodi Apapa Expressway which leads to Nigeria’s biggest Seaports - Tincan and Apapa Wharf; motion for review of the Deep Offshore and Inland Basin Production Sharing Contract Act Cap D3 LFN 2004 and Amendment of Act, as a way of aiding the country to generate 360 million naira annually; motion on the closure of over 600 Nigerian shops and businesses in Ghana; motion on the urgent need for the federal government to streamline import duty and value added tax(VAT) waiver to essential pharmaceutical drugs; motion on the urgent need to protect Nigeria's indigenous airlines from extinction due to multiple designations and frequencies granted foreign airlines in Nigeria.

In a bid to ensure the ease of getting Chinese Visas for Anambra people and to work towards improving the economy of the region, Senator Ifeanyi Ubah led a delegation of Igbo market leaders to the Chinese Consul general in Lagos to discuss Visa issuance policies. The delegation included Chief Allen Onyema, CEO of Air Peace and Chief Akai Egwuonwu, CEO; Anambra rice/Stine Mills.

Perhaps, Ifeanyi Ubah FC is the biggest factor that has made Senator Ifeanyi Ubah dear to heart of young Nigerians. The young people are the future workforce of the Nigeria, with about 11 million young people expected to enter the labor market each year for the next decade.

It is a provable truth that NONE of the other aspirants, has done a quarter of what Senator Ifeanyi Ubah has done for the young people.
There are lots of technological revolution going on globally and the younger people are pushing the boundaries. They have talent and energy, which as a nation, we must convert for the good of our nation.

Some aspirants are mere Professors whose English grammer cannot improve the economic lot of the East, and some are Medical Doctors who just returned from the United States to tell us how much money they made overseas.

Samuel Udoh writes from Abuja

Op I don't how much ifeanyi ubah paid you to write this jargon.

Ifeanyi ubah should go and rescue his company from amacon before thinking of ruling Anambra state.

We don't want somebody that will bankrupt and loot Anambra state dry just to service the debt of his company.

Ifeanyi ubah becoming a governor means Anambra state will go back to the dark days of chinwoke mbadinuju. Chukwu ekwena ihe ojoo!! It will never happen again.

Soludo solution all the way!!

(1) (Reply)

Sit-at-home: Peter Obi Reacts To Invasion Of Imo School By Gunmen / Will Nigeria Join NATO? / Peter Obi Does Not Trust Northerners And Muslims To Be A Place Holder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.