Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,630 members, 7,809,348 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:07 AM

Outrage As The Hausas Overtake Igbos In Having More Professors. - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Outrage As The Hausas Overtake Igbos In Having More Professors. (6205 Views)

Outrage As UNIBEN Security Slaps Student Over Alleged Indecent Dressing / Students Organize Sex Party In Anambra Hotel, Spark Outrage / List Of First Nigerian Professors In Various Disciplines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Outrage As The Hausas Overtake Igbos In Having More Professors. by OfoIgbo: 4:37pm On Aug 27, 2021
Cosbyrich:

Oh my! Are you for real?
You mean as soon as a university is built in your region,your people will just begin to turn to Professors,abi?

Please stop beating about the bush. Name one federal university in Igboland with more Yoruba professors than Igbo professors. That will help conclusively prove that there are more Yoruba professors in Nigeria.

Otherwise, the NUC list, as they rightly wrote at the top of that list, is just a listing of PROFESSORS WHO ARE CURRENTLY ATTACHED TO NIGERIAN UNIVERSITIES

Y'all will need to upgrade your level of logic, seriously
Re: Outrage As The Hausas Overtake Igbos In Having More Professors. by Naijanascam: 5:00pm On Aug 27, 2021
Professors that proudly invented kilishi after 8years research grin grin grin
Re: Outrage As The Hausas Overtake Igbos In Having More Professors. by Obamaofusa: 5:01pm On Aug 27, 2021
OfoIgbo:

Please stop beating about the bush. Name one federal university in Igboland with more Yoruba professors than Igbo professors. That will help conclusively prove that there are more Yoruba professors in Nigeria.

Otherwise, the NUC list, as they rightly wrote at the top of that list, is just a listing of PROFESSORS WHO ARE CURRENTLY ATTACHED TO NIGERIAN UNIVERSITIES

Y'all will need to upgrade your level of logic, seriously

The NUC list, as they rightly wrote at the top of that list, is just a listing of PROFESSORS WHO ARE CURRENTLY ATTACHED TO NIGERIAN UNIVERSITIES

This your statement is correct.What else did you think we were talking about?
Dead professors?
Re: Outrage As The Hausas Overtake Igbos In Having More Professors. by Capitalpunisher: 5:29pm On Aug 27, 2021
Op do you know the difference between a quota professor and a real professor ?
I'm sure you don't know so let me enlighten you.

A quota professor is a man that became a "professor' because he gained admission into a higher institution because of favourable quota system. This makes such a quota under graduate, a quota graduate , a quota lecturer ....and eventually a quota 'profesor
I hope you are clear on This.

1 Like

Re: Outrage As The Hausas Overtake Igbos In Having More Professors. by OBALOLA55(m): 5:34pm On Aug 27, 2021
Obamaofusa:

You mean facts are not useful?
You see why the Northerners overtook your people now.
YOUARE DEVIATING
Re: Outrage As The Hausas Overtake Igbos In Having More Professors. by Obamaofusa: 5:45pm On Aug 27, 2021
OBALOLA55:
YOUARE DEVIATING

Deviating?
Re: Outrage As The Hausas Overtake Igbos In Having More Professors. by OfoIgbo: 6:16pm On Aug 27, 2021
Obamaofusa:

The NUC list, as they rightly wrote at the top of that list, is just a listing of PROFESSORS WHO ARE CURRENTLY ATTACHED TO NIGERIAN UNIVERSITIES

This your statement is correct.What else did you think we were talking about?
Dead professors?

You started by insinuating that there were more Yoruba professors than Igbo professor. That northern professors have now overtaken Igbo professors in number.
That NUC website was your bible in determining the above insinuations.

But I then corrected you by revealing that the list is not a comprehensive list of professors of Igbo, Yoruba and northern extraction.
That the list only holds the names of professors attached to Nigerian universities, and as there are more SW and NW states, it makes sense that there will be more Yoruba professors on that list, the same as NW professors.

What you initially wrote was quite different from what I have helped to reveal to you.

1 Like

Re: Outrage As The Hausas Overtake Igbos In Having More Professors. by Uglyojuku: 8:09pm On Aug 27, 2021
Liebermantic:
Employee Professors of Nigerian public Universities with no tangible inventions attached to them...
They are there on favoritism and nepotism.. Nothing to show..An illiterate Almajiri Professors and AFONJA ethnocentric professors..
Despite the exposure and academic attainment of Yoruba man, he is so tribalistic and ethnocentric...
Professors that depend on Monthly government salary to survive..they have no unique creation..Just plagiarizing .. Copying and pasting already made works...Nothing else!
Can any of those Professors in Ahmadu Bello University put his academic ideas into practice? Patami, Malami, And the former FIRS DG fake Prof Fowler.
Elon Musk is not yet a Professor just like Chimamanda Adichie, yet they have achieved something uniquely tangible and commendable..Which of those Southwest Professors of Literature and related courses is more learned than Chimamanda Adichie?
Fake professors employed on the basis of nepotism and tribalism...No merit!!
The most "sophisticated" region yet couldn't see beyond their noses..We are suffering unprecedentedly in Nigeria bcoz they saw Jonathan as being Pro-Igbo...They voted for Buhari,not that he was competent but owing to deep hatred for Ndigbo...The ugliest tribe in Africa
You are really hurt o. grin
Or are you a cannibal?

1 Like

Re: Outrage As The Hausas Overtake Igbos In Having More Professors. by bukatyne(f): 8:32pm On Aug 27, 2021
Authority1o1:
Okay...

Consequence of multiple factors.

First, Quota System allows pass-mark Northerners greater advantage which the Igbos can't smell or dream of. Look at this: An Hausa boy with a JAMB score of 160 gets into a Federal University that a Southerner, especially of Igbo extraction, with 240 can't get into. Same course, same Nigerians. They tag it ELDS as if it's a golden privilege to be less-privileged.

Southerners and the affiliated now have to change their names to bear at least one Hausa appellation so as to be considered for government jobs without the stress they naturally have to go through as Southerners.

Secondly, Igbos are more business-inclined that they barely look the direction of education these days.

@bold:

One of the major reason I detest the quota system.

Ten years down the line, the Hausa man has forgotten how he got there and starts to look down on the Igbo man that scored 240.

1 Like

Re: Outrage As The Hausas Overtake Igbos In Having More Professors. by MrAmaechi(m): 10:26pm On Aug 27, 2021
where is the information on the site
Re: Outrage As The Hausas Overtake Igbos In Having More Professors. by Victerica(m): 11:55pm On Aug 27, 2021
What is even the essence of quota system in Education?

The Quota system in Education, is causing more harm than good to the North and Nigeria at large.
Re: Outrage As The Hausas Overtake Igbos In Having More Professors. by KillingIsFun: 1:06am On Aug 28, 2021
I visited the website and ethnic affinity is not used anywhere as part of the data for identifying lecturers or professors.
Your figures must come from your imagination.

Obamaofusa:
https://www.nuc.edu.ng/

According to the NUC website which can be accessed seamlessly by any interested researcher,there is now a shift and a takeover by the Northerners as the Igbos are pushed off the sidewalk of Professorship into the 3rd position in the rank of who has the higher number of Professors between the two educational gladiators.

SW still continues to be the stallion and champion of Education in Nigeria as the number of their Professors is almost triple that of the Igbos according to the Directory of full Professors in Nigerian Universities.
Kudos to the gallant Igbos just as the Northerners are also heralded into the second position of Professorial hierarchy in Nigeria.
Welcome..

This is the Nigeria University Commission website's link...

https://www.nuc.edu.ng/
Re: Outrage As The Hausas Overtake Igbos In Having More Professors. by Donclaracuzo: 4:56am On Aug 28, 2021
Obamaofusa:

Why dont you open the link?
The Hausas Profs are even more than the Igbo Profs.Igbos have really retrogressed.

And your happiness is that ndi Igbo has retrogressed as you said. Your statement shows that you are happy seeing ndi Igbo retrogressing and you are in alliance with those who are making it possible that every aspect of Igbo hustles fail. Well, study the Igbo behavioral pattern well and you will be shocked.

1 Like

Re: Outrage As The Hausas Overtake Igbos In Having More Professors. by Caesarddi: 5:26am On Aug 28, 2021
Oga there is no such report or recorded statistics in that site supporting ur claims
Re: Outrage As The Hausas Overtake Igbos In Having More Professors. by strangest(m): 6:21am On Aug 28, 2021
If you want to see Igbo professors , go to Maryland
Re: Outrage As The Hausas Overtake Igbos In Having More Professors. by Solsix(m): 6:22am On Aug 28, 2021
Cosbyrich:

The Igbos should be appreciated because they have the lowest out of school children but losing Professorial position to the Northerners is very disheartening,of course..
This can't not be true. Don't mind OP
Re: Outrage As The Hausas Overtake Igbos In Having More Professors. by Obamaofusa: 6:51am On Aug 28, 2021
Donclaracuzo:

And your happiness is that ndi Igbo has retrogressed as you said. Your statement shows that you are happy seeing ndi Igbo retrogressing and you are in alliance with those who are making it possible that every aspect of Igbo hustles fail. Well, study the Igbo behavioral pattern well and you will be shocked.

So because I said they have retrogressed means I am happy.Na wah o!
The fact is,I am surprised.It has never happened before.. that is to my knowledge ..
Re: Outrage As The Hausas Overtake Igbos In Having More Professors. by 9japride(m): 7:21am On Aug 28, 2021
Obamaofusa:

I changed Northerners to Hausas because I meant Hausas from the outset.We use Northerners here at times..
[color=#006600][/color]

It's OK. But a lot of people especially the southerners view North as mainly Hausas. The funny thing is that I don't think the real Hausas are much. I have stayed in the north before, there are a lot of languages there. Hausa language is just a means of communication by majority of people over there just like people of the south communicate with pigon English. Nigeria is one funny country with funny characters, same way there is Hausa fulani, different tribes but yet claim to be one. Main while those who claim to be Hausa fulani are against the Igbos of delta, Rivers etc. The society is full of mischief and one will think things will get better with oppression, injustice and mischief?
Re: Outrage As The Hausas Overtake Igbos In Having More Professors. by Almaigaa: 8:36am On Aug 28, 2021
IduNaOba:
I wanted to blast you but then na north nah...
Mtcheeewwwwwww

The thing pain this one well well.
The only thing that thrive in the EAST is se* grin grin grin cheesy cheesy

Re: Outrage As The Hausas Overtake Igbos In Having More Professors. by Almaigaa: 8:40am On Aug 28, 2021
Amarabae:
ok no prob.
we have heard you.
can you now go and do something useful with your life.
masturbating over anything Igbo is not a job, Chinedu is currently counting money in his warehouse now

After Chinedu don use his mother, Father or Brother for money Rituals. cheesy grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Outrage As The Hausas Overtake Igbos In Having More Professors. by SunShowAfrica: 8:58am On Aug 28, 2021
Professors wey Dem no dey enter president
Re: Outrage As The Hausas Overtake Igbos In Having More Professors. by SunShowAfrica: 8:58am On Aug 28, 2021
Almaigaa:

After Chinedu don use his mother, Father or Brother for money Rituals. cheesy grin cheesy
Hahahjaaj

1 Like

Re: Outrage As The Hausas Overtake Igbos In Having More Professors. by bularuz(m): 10:03am On Aug 28, 2021
Hahahaha, this must be for those who have never lived in the North.
Re: Outrage As The Hausas Overtake Igbos In Having More Professors. by Stone03: 10:04am On Aug 28, 2021
Let them travel to meaningful Nations like Europe and America to display witt. Professors baked in oven of mediocrity and pampered results. Professors that are still wearing pampars.

1 Like

Re: Outrage As The Hausas Overtake Igbos In Having More Professors. by DD29: 10:25am On Aug 28, 2021
E Dey Pain Them Oh
Re: Outrage As The Hausas Overtake Igbos In Having More Professors. by ForumNL(m): 8:25am On Aug 16, 2022
OfoIgbo:

Your illiteracy boggles my mind.

In Obafemi Awolowo University, are there more Igbo Professors there than Yoruba professors? The answer is NO

At UNN, are there more Yoruba professors than Igbo professors? The answer is NO.

Well, if the answer is NO to the second question, why then is it written that there are more Yoruba professors in Nigerian universities, after all there are more Igbo professors in UNN than Yoruba professors? This is a question for you. Answer it before you start pretending to be smart.

Meanwhile, 3 Igbos are in the top 4 best performing 2021 JAMBites

Out of top 10 utme candidates in 2021
6 are Yoruba
Get your facts right

Even 2022
Out of top 10, 6 are Yoruba

Back to back Yoruba has never taken anything less than 5 in each year leaving other tribes to struggle for the remaining 5 or 4 position

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2012 May/june External Waec Registration / Meet 29-year-old Nigerian Man Who Is A Professor(pics) / JAMB Cautions Cyber Café Operators Against Extortion Of Candidates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.