Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:53 AM

I Need Help With My Playstation 4 - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / I Need Help With My Playstation 4 (1095 Views)

My Playstation 3 Console And TV Is Up For Grabs / I Want To Repair My Playstation 4 / Please I Need Help With My Playstation 3 Controller (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Help With My Playstation 4 by MiVida(m): 10:52am On Aug 27, 2021
I bought the game but I seem to be limited to some games as the console has not been hacked and isn't hackable according to the seller... all I thought of this was that, at least since I can't hack it, which means I won't be able to get games cheaply, at least I can buy and play anygames as long as I can afford it...

I tried to buy call of duty modern warfare and was told that I need to upgrade the console before I can play the game and some other good games I'd really love to play... now I'm stuck and limited and not enjoying the console like I wished, what can I do about this please?
Re: I Need Help With My Playstation 4 by Romanoff(f): 10:54am On Aug 27, 2021
MiVida:
I bought the game but I seem to be limited to some games as the console has not been hacked and isn't hackable according to the seller... all I thought of this was that, at least since I can't hack it, which means I won't be able to get games cheaply, at least I can buy and play anygames as long as I can afford it...

I tried to buy call of duty modern warfare and was told that I need to upgrade the console before I can play the game and some other good games I'd really love to play... now I'm stuck and limited and not enjoying the console like I wished, what can I do about this please?

Are you sure you didn't buy a game that requires internet to play?

1 Like

Re: I Need Help With My Playstation 4 by MiVida(m): 10:57am On Aug 27, 2021
Romanoff:

Are you sure you didn't buy a game that requires internet to play?
I don't think so ma'am

I'm new to gaming tho and I don't know if COD Modern warfare is that kinda game (one that needs Internet to play)...
Re: I Need Help With My Playstation 4 by Romanoff(f): 10:59am On Aug 27, 2021
MiVida:
I don't think so ma'am

I'm new to gaming tho and I don't know if COD Modern warfare is that kinda game (one that needs Internet to play)...

Read the pack. My husband bought one that required internet to play via jumia, he had to return it.

If it requires upgrade of the console, it won't you might just need to upgrade it. Ust get data for the upgrade.
Re: I Need Help With My Playstation 4 by crafteck(m): 11:00am On Aug 27, 2021
Check the pack if it has online required
Some cod need game files downloaded from net to play cd
How are you stuck, connect to net and upgrade, its less than 400 mb
Re: I Need Help With My Playstation 4 by MiVida(m): 11:03am On Aug 27, 2021
Romanoff:

Read the pack. My husband bought one that required internet to play via jumia, he had to return it.

If it requires upgrade of the console, it won't you might just need to upgrade it. Ust get data for the upgrade.
actually the game isn't brand new, the firmware isn't hackable according to the seller and so far, I've only been able to play uncharted 4, pes2021, battlefield V and gta5

But most other games, I was told won't work on the console... thats my problem right now as I wouldn't have bought it if I knew this from the start.
Re: I Need Help With My Playstation 4 by MiVida(m): 11:03am On Aug 27, 2021
crafteck:
Check the pack if it has online required
Some cod need game files downloaded from net to play cd
How are you stuck, connect to net and upgrade, its less than 400 mb
boss you mean upgrade of the console or the game itself??
Re: I Need Help With My Playstation 4 by iPrevail(m): 11:08am On Aug 27, 2021
Every software is hackable as long as it was programmed by another human.
Re: I Need Help With My Playstation 4 by Romanoff(f): 11:10am On Aug 27, 2021
MiVida:
actually the game isn't brand new, the firmware isn't hackable according to the seller and so far, I've only been able to play uncharted 4, pes2021, battlefield V and gta5

But most other games, I was told won't work on the console... thats my problem right now as I wouldn't have bought it if I knew this from the start.

There could be an issue with the console. Our PS4 works fine with any game, although it was bought as New.
Re: I Need Help With My Playstation 4 by ShopNextDoor: 11:38am On Aug 27, 2021
There is nothing wrong with his console. I sold it to him. It is perfectly working, never opened, warranty seal intact.

The issue here is I gave him important info, like I do with anyone who buys from me or simply contacts me. For instance, he wants COD Modern Warfare, and I tell him it is available but requires compulsory update of over 100gb before you can play.

He lives in Ijebu Ode where good internet is not really available. On hindsight, maybe I should have just sold the COD to him anyway, because now it seems his "newness" to PS4 is making him feel the helpful tips I was giving him means there's a problem with the console.

I recommended and sold Uncharted 4, The Last of Us Remastered amongst others to him but people sometimes need to make choices for themselves, learn from it, to appreciate good advice
Re: I Need Help With My Playstation 4 by ShopNextDoor: 11:39am On Aug 27, 2021
Re: I Need Help With My Playstation 4 by MiVida(m): 12:00pm On Aug 27, 2021
ShopNextDoor:
There is nothing wrong with his console. I sold it to him. It is perfectly working, never opened, warranty seal intact.

The issue here is I gave him important info, like I do with anyone who buys from me or simply contacts me. For instance, he wants COD Modern Warfare, and I tell him it is available but requires compulsory update of over 100gb before you can play.

He lives in Ijebu Ode where good internet is not really available. On hindsight, maybe I should have just sold the COD to him anyway, because now it seems his "newness" to PS4 is making him feel the helpful tips I was giving him means there's a problem with the console.

I recommended and sold Uncharted 4, The Last of Us Remastered amongst others to him but people sometimes need to make choices for themselves, learn from it, to appreciate good advice
And as a newbie to game World, if all this was explained to me before getting the console, I wouldn't have bought it... I could have just got a hacked ps3 instead or something else... would I know I'd be limited to some good games and still go for it?
Re: I Need Help With My Playstation 4 by ShopNextDoor: 12:12pm On Aug 27, 2021
MiVida:
And as a newbie to game World, if all this was explained to me before getting the console, I wouldn't have bought it... I could have just got a hacked ps3 instead or something else... would I know I'd be limited to some good games and still go for it?

You are not limited to anything. You can get COD Modern Warfare, WW2, Cold War, etc

Get it yourself so you won't blame anyone later for your experience.

I explained a lot to you before selling the PS4 to you, more than I have ever done to any customer. I even advised you never to charge your original used dualshock 4 controller using phone charger. Less than 3 months later, you called me to tell the pad is damaged because you have been charging it with...yes, a phone charger.

I get the impression you need to learn to take responsibility more for your actions and decisions, rather than blaming the person that helped facilitate your wishes.

I was not the one that advised you to get a PS4. I simply sold one to you. And I won't be the one to advise you to get a hacked PS3. If you want to trade in your PS4 slim for a hacked PS3 plus cash, simply say so. People go rush you with offers before the end of the day. Just don't blame anyone other than yourself in 3 month's time.

That's why I advised you to come to Nairaland/jiji/Jumia etc Nothing beats personal experience. I'm sure a year from now, you too will be giving tips to friends and family (same way God knows I tried to give you).

Good luck

4 Likes

Re: I Need Help With My Playstation 4 by Kelvinanakwe: 2:07pm On Aug 27, 2021
MiVida:

Just flash the console it would return to factory you would now be able to hack it
Nothing like you can't hack it
If it works hmu
Re: I Need Help With My Playstation 4 by iamoyindamola(m): 2:34pm On Aug 27, 2021
MiVida:

why won't other games play, is it the installation or you getting error?
Re: I Need Help With My Playstation 4 by iamoyindamola(m): 2:35pm On Aug 27, 2021
Kelvinanakwe:

Just flash the console it would return to factory you would now be able to hack it
Nothing like you can't hack it
If it works hmu
Oga dont mislead him, you can't hack consoles from 8.00 and what do you mean by flash?
Re: I Need Help With My Playstation 4 by iamoyindamola(m): 2:39pm On Aug 27, 2021
MiVida:
Who told you that you are limited to playing games without hacking his consoles
Do you know there are over 1000 games title to play from without downloading or needing internet
The guy just need better explanation and understanding on how some games work
Re: I Need Help With My Playstation 4 by MiVida(m): 4:00pm On Aug 27, 2021
iamoyindamola:

Who told you that you are limited to playing games without hacking his consoles
Do you know there are over 1000 games title to play from without downloading or needing internet
The guy just need better explanation and understanding on how some games work

Greetings chief!

Please do you mind sharing good games I can get that wouldn't need downloading or Internet to play?

I'd appreciate you mahn

I'm actually a fan of good shooting games, that's why I really into the call of duty thingy
Re: I Need Help With My Playstation 4 by MiVida(m): 4:04pm On Aug 27, 2021
iamoyindamola:

why won't other games play, is it the installation or you getting error?
no chief, not an error.

He said my console would need an upgrade of about 100gb+ before I can play certain games like the COD Modern warfare
Re: I Need Help With My Playstation 4 by iamoyindamola(m): 4:07pm On Aug 27, 2021
MiVida:
no chief, not an error.

He said my console would need an upgrade of about 100gb+ before I can play certain games like the COD Modern warfare
No boss im sure thats not what he meant
It's the game gangan that need 100gb update that is why he gave you option of other games, you can other cod titles and leave out ww2,cold wars and modern warfare cos of the large files.
I haven't played the modern warfare too cos of the large file
Re: I Need Help With My Playstation 4 by iamoyindamola(m): 4:09pm On Aug 27, 2021
MiVida:

Greetings chief!

Please do you mind sharing good games I can get that wouldn't need downloading or Internet to play?

I'd appreciate you mahn

I'm actually a fan of good shooting games, that's why I really into the call of duty thingy
Cod advance warfare
cod infinte warfare
cod ghost
cod modern warfare remastered 1 and 2
battlefield 1,4 and 5
far cry3,4 5 and new dawn
Titanfall 2
So many more boss

come this thread we sell and swap ps4 cds

https://www.nairaland.com/2021879/ps4-games-exchange/611
Re: I Need Help With My Playstation 4 by MiVida(m): 4:20pm On Aug 27, 2021
iamoyindamola:

No boss im sure thats not what he meant
It's the game gangan that need 100gb update that is why he gave you option of other games, you can other cod titles and leave out ww2,cold wars and modern warfare cos of the large files.
I haven't played the modern warfare too cos of the large file
baba God bless you... I never understood it this way, all the while I've been thinking its the system that needs upgrade...

Thank you so much for the clarification boss honestly!
Re: I Need Help With My Playstation 4 by MiVida(m): 4:20pm On Aug 27, 2021
iamoyindamola:

Cod advance warfare
cod infinte warfare
cod ghost
cod modern warfare remastered 1 and 2
battlefield 1,4 and 5
far cry3,4 5 and new dawn
Titanfall 2
So many more boss

come this thread we sell and swap ps4 cds

https://www.nairaland.com/2021879/ps4-games-exchange/611
bless you for this mahn, everything makes sense now...

Big thanks again chief!
Re: I Need Help With My Playstation 4 by iamoyindamola(m): 4:24pm On Aug 27, 2021
MiVida:
bless you for this mahn, everything makes sense now...

Big thanks again chief!
You welcome
Enjoy your console
Re: I Need Help With My Playstation 4 by crafteck(m): 6:32pm On Aug 27, 2021
MiVida:
boss you mean upgrade of the console or the game itself??

Both
Re: I Need Help With My Playstation 4 by abiodunbright(m): 7:33pm On Aug 28, 2021
crafteck:

Both

Chat me up on WhatsApp so that I will tell you what to do 0814 229 7046
Re: I Need Help With My Playstation 4 by iamoyindamola(m): 7:35pm On Aug 28, 2021
abiodunbright:

Chat me up on WhatsApp so that I will tell you what to do 0814 229 7046
grin grin
This one is looking for market, you came late
Re: I Need Help With My Playstation 4 by smith4real1980: 7:47pm On Aug 28, 2021
ur console is very ok,most COD require extra downloaded files before u can play them,the seller actually did u a favour by recommending other games dt are strrss free to play,nd i assure u,if u have played ps4 well enough,u would neva want 2 play ps3 games anymore.

3 Likes

Re: I Need Help With My Playstation 4 by taurusdude0(m): 7:49am On Sep 04, 2021
ShopNextDoor:

100gb shocked shocked hope you meant to say 100mb
Re: I Need Help With My Playstation 4 by stephgold(m): 11:05am On Sep 04, 2021
MiVida:

Can help you hack and put games in it
Re: I Need Help With My Playstation 4 by ShopNextDoor: 1:23pm On Sep 04, 2021
taurusdude0:

100gb shocked shocked hope you meant to say 100mb

Actually, I meant 150 gb or more grin
Re: I Need Help With My Playstation 4 by ShopNextDoor: 5:49pm On Sep 04, 2021
Used original dualshock 4 V2 pad is available for sale

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Get Honorable Legendary Icon In Call Of Duty Mobile / Need For Speed Most Wanted / Underground2. Pls Help / Get The Latest Games Cheats Right Now: See Inside For Categories

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.