Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,428 members, 7,836,719 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:53 AM

Remember The Lady Who Acted Sarafina, See What Happened To Her After 29 Years - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Remember The Lady Who Acted Sarafina, See What Happened To Her After 29 Years (7488 Views)

Sad To See Legend Yoruba Actor Who Acted Tombolo, He Is Now A Bike Man / Remember The Boy Who Acted Karatee Kid Who Almost Died From A Rare Desease? See / See What Happened To The Sarafina Actress, From Brown To White Skin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Remember The Lady Who Acted Sarafina, See What Happened To Her After 29 Years by cubanprincess20: 11:19am On Aug 27, 2021
We all go through changes in our lives, whether they are positive or negative. This is the story of a popular girl who starred in the Sarafina film and has been experiencing strange changes to her skin for some time.

This exciting film was made in 1992, and the protagonist was Leleti Khumalo. She used to be a lovely young lady with gleaming dark skin, but her skin suddenly turned white years after the film.

Sarafina’ s real name is Leleti Khumalo, and she was not born this way and has never bleached her skin. When she was born, she was a brown- skinned girl with no white skin. She had vitiligo, which is a condition that many people are unfamiliar with.

Vitiligo is an auto- immune disease that is highly infectious and dangerous to the skin. Unfortunately, there is no cure for Vitiligo. It changes the color of the affected area, turning white, and can affect the skin, eyes, mouth, hands, and sometimes the entire body.

Unfortunately, this is what Sarafina is going through right now, and she is now white-skinned instead of black-skinned, because her body is being ravaged by this condition.

MORE PHOTOS OF HER SHE LOOKS HERE: https://toktok9ja.com/sad-do-you-remember-the-lady-who-acted-sarafina-see-what-happened-to-her-out-after-29-years/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remember The Lady Who Acted Sarafina, See What Happened To Her After 29 Years by gasparpisciotta: 11:22am On Aug 27, 2021
Vitiligo is a disease in which the pigment cells of the skin, melanocytes, are destroyed in certain areas.
Symptoms and signs of vitiligo include loss of skin color in the form of depigmented, or white, patches of skin in any location on the body.

Vitiligo can be focal and localized to one area, or it may affect several different areas on the body.
The exact cause of vitiligo is unknown, although most experts believe that it is an autoimmune condition in which the body's immune system mistakenly attacks and destroys certain cells within the body.
Most people who have vitiligo will develop the condition prior to age 40; about half develop it before age 20.
Vitiligo may have a genetic component, as the condition tends to run in families.
Vitiligo is sometimes associated with other medical conditions, including thyroid dysfunction.
There is no way to determine if vitiligo will spread or remain confined to one location.
Vitiligo is not painful and does not have significant health consequences; however, it can have emotional and psychological consequences.
Some medical treatments can reduce the severity of the condition, but it can be difficult to cure.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remember The Lady Who Acted Sarafina, See What Happened To Her After 29 Years by Bigredmachine: 11:22am On Aug 27, 2021
chai she was so marvellous to watch in that movie
Re: Remember The Lady Who Acted Sarafina, See What Happened To Her After 29 Years by seleduna: 11:22am On Aug 27, 2021
Wow... It's well with her
Re: Remember The Lady Who Acted Sarafina, See What Happened To Her After 29 Years by Boni92: 11:26am On Aug 27, 2021
O God
Re: Remember The Lady Who Acted Sarafina, See What Happened To Her After 29 Years by ahnie: 11:27am On Aug 27, 2021
Sarafina...when the world was still sane.i love this movie like kilode.and she has a very sweet voice.

Gather here if you remember Whoopi goldenmorn abi goldberg. grin.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remember The Lady Who Acted Sarafina, See What Happened To Her After 29 Years by billynoni(m): 12:50pm On Aug 27, 2021
To see what she looks like currently, tune to eTV channel 250 on DSTV, every weekdays 9pm or 11:30am... Imbewu(the seed) is the soap opera, she's one of the lead cast.

4 Likes

Re: Remember The Lady Who Acted Sarafina, See What Happened To Her After 29 Years by tofolo(m): 1:24pm On Aug 27, 2021
ahnie:
Sarafina...when the world was still sane.i love this movie like kilode.and she has a very sweet voice.

Gather here if you remember Whoopi goldenmorn abi goldberg. grin.
Freedom is coming tomorrow....

2 Likes

Re: Remember The Lady Who Acted Sarafina, See What Happened To Her After 29 Years by Generalwoodz(m): 3:03pm On Aug 27, 2021
Even with the vitiligo we still love her. She brought joy to our young faces and made us smile heartily. Her way of action is remarkable!

3 Likes

Re: Remember The Lady Who Acted Sarafina, See What Happened To Her After 29 Years by Nobody: 3:45pm On Aug 27, 2021
Yeah I saw her a couple of months ago and was shocked at her transformation. Like she was looking kinda weird. I didn't even notice the vitiligo.

Awwnnn.. this girl ( then) that had a very beautiful skin. What happened? Hmm..

Maybe she should just get some monobezone shots to even out her skin like MJ.

1 Like

Re: Remember The Lady Who Acted Sarafina, See What Happened To Her After 29 Years by TMKsouth: 4:24pm On Aug 27, 2021
I love this article...

Re: Remember The Lady Who Acted Sarafina, See What Happened To Her After 29 Years by kramer: 4:32pm On Aug 27, 2021
cubanprincess20:
We all go through changes in our lives, whether they are positive or negative. This is the story of a popular girl who starred in the Sarafina film and has been experiencing strange changes to her skin for some time.

This exciting film was made in 1992, and the protagonist was Leleti Khumalo. She used to be a lovely young lady with gleaming dark skin, but her skin suddenly turned white years after the film.

Sarafina’ s real name is Leleti Khumalo, and she was not born this way and has never bleached her skin. When she was born, she was a brown- skinned girl with no white skin. She had vitiligo, which is a condition that many people are unfamiliar with.

Vitiligo is an auto- immune disease that is highly infectious and dangerous to the skin. Unfortunately, there is no cure for Vitiligo. It changes the color of the affected area, turning white, and can affect the skin, eyes, mouth, hands, and sometimes the entire body.

Unfortunately, this is what Sarafina is going through right now, and she is now white-skinned instead of black-skinned, because her body is being ravaged by this condition.

MORE PHOTOS OF HER SHE LOOKS HERE: https://toktok9ja.com/sad-do-you-remember-the-lady-who-acted-sarafina-see-what-happened-to-her-out-after-29-years/

Infectious bawo!? undecided

1 Like

Re: Remember The Lady Who Acted Sarafina, See What Happened To Her After 29 Years by billynoni(m): 4:32pm On Aug 27, 2021
TMKsouth:
I love this article...
Defunct Rhythm city and Scandal... Which one do you prefer?

Imbewu and newly introduced House of Zwide... Which one do you prefer?
Re: Remember The Lady Who Acted Sarafina, See What Happened To Her After 29 Years by TMKsouth: 4:40pm On Aug 27, 2021
billynoni:

Lol dude, are u watching these in Nigeria? cool Many years ago, like 10, I loved Scandal more. I hardly watch eTV anymore and have never seen an episode of Imbewu, although I've seen the ads.

We can chat about Moja Love and BBC Lifestyle - that's my new home now. grin

1 Like

Re: Remember The Lady Who Acted Sarafina, See What Happened To Her After 29 Years by TMKsouth: 4:43pm On Aug 27, 2021
ahnie:

Sarafina...when the world was still sane.
i love this movie like kilode.and she has a very sweet voice.
. grin.

For u in Nigeria it was sane. For us in SA it was sad - we had just existed the most violent years of apartheid (but there was a lot of positive energy in air).

2 Likes

Re: Remember The Lady Who Acted Sarafina, See What Happened To Her After 29 Years by billynoni(m): 4:57pm On Aug 27, 2021
TMKsouth:

Lol dude, are u watching these in Nigeria? cool Many years ago, like 10, I loved Scandal more. I hardly watch eTV anymore and have never seen an episode of Imbewu, although I've seen the ads.

We can chat about Moja Love and BBC Lifestyle - that's my new home now. grin
Lol, I do... Those four operas will have me score 89% and above, if I take exams on them.

1 Like

Re: Remember The Lady Who Acted Sarafina, See What Happened To Her After 29 Years by TMKsouth: 5:06pm On Aug 27, 2021
billynoni:
Lol, I do... Those four operas will have me score 89% and above, if I take exams on them.

I like that! work on a score of 99% grin I just googled House of Zwide and it looks appealing, I'll checkout one episode atleast. The 2 main characters were in Generations though (as villains), so I hope there won't be much similarity.

I'm sho I'll see u round these mean streets for that update. cool

Re: Remember The Lady Who Acted Sarafina, See What Happened To Her After 29 Years by billynoni(m): 5:31pm On Aug 27, 2021
TMKsouth:

I like that! work on a score of 99% grin I just googled House of Zwide and it looks appealing, I'll checkout one episode atleast. The 2 main characters were in Generations though (as villains), so I hope there won't be much similarity.

I'm sho I'll see u round these mean streets for that update. cool
I'm not a fan of Generations so the cast of House of Zwide are new faces to me. Onalerona and Molefe being my favs so far and shoki as my secret crush, nice storyline so far... 99% is something I can do, if I put my heart to it. Learnt SA languages through them.

1 Like

Re: Remember The Lady Who Acted Sarafina, See What Happened To Her After 29 Years by TMKsouth: 1:09am On Aug 28, 2021
billynoni:
I'm not a fan of Generations so the cast of House of Zwide are new faces to me. Onalerona and Molefe being my favs so far and shoki as my secret crush, nice storyline so far... 99% is something I can do, if I put my heart to it. Learnt SA languages through them.

Interesting last line cool. I'm Sotho so u can practice with me.

1 Like

Re: Remember The Lady Who Acted Sarafina, See What Happened To Her After 29 Years by Generalwoodz(m): 7:32am On Aug 28, 2021
G
Re: Remember The Lady Who Acted Sarafina, See What Happened To Her After 29 Years by billynoni(m): 7:56am On Aug 28, 2021
TMKsouth:

Interesting last line cool. I'm Sotho so u can practice with me.
Oh wow, cool... Pedi? Tswana?
Re: Remember The Lady Who Acted Sarafina, See What Happened To Her After 29 Years by AfriqueDuZuid: 9:00am On Aug 28, 2021
billynoni:

If you learn one of those 3 you will understand the other 2 they almost similar

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Remember The Lady Who Acted Sarafina, See What Happened To Her After 29 Years by billynoni(m): 9:33am On Aug 28, 2021
AfriqueDuZuid:

Yeah, so I heard...
Re: Remember The Lady Who Acted Sarafina, See What Happened To Her After 29 Years by Mryacks: 12:13pm On Aug 28, 2021
billynoni:

Liked watching Rhythm City on ETV
Re: Remember The Lady Who Acted Sarafina, See What Happened To Her After 29 Years by billynoni(m): 12:47pm On Aug 28, 2021
Mryacks:

Liked watching Rhythm City on ETV
Me too... Been a "customer" for a while now, mostly for those operas.
Re: Remember The Lady Who Acted Sarafina, See What Happened To Her After 29 Years by TMKsouth: 3:27pm On Aug 28, 2021
billynoni:

Sotho, Tswana, Pedi are all different languages but have some similarities.

For example, "Dumelang" is Hello in both Sotho/Tswana, but "Thobela" in Pedi.
Re: Remember The Lady Who Acted Sarafina, See What Happened To Her After 29 Years by TMKsouth: 3:33pm On Aug 28, 2021
AfriqueDuZuid:

True dat. They're related like Spanish and Portuguese in Europe (i'm tempted to also add Italian into the mix).
Re: Remember The Lady Who Acted Sarafina, See What Happened To Her After 29 Years by billynoni(m): 6:07pm On Aug 28, 2021
TMKsouth:

Sotho, Tswana, Pedi are all different languages but have some similarities.

For example, "Dumelang" is Hello in both Sotho/Tswana, but "Thobela" in Pedi.
I read it, more like "cousins" to each other, just little modifications here and there... On a lighter note, this "Dumelang" word was a funny trend on Scandal some months back, it created so many buzz n T.witter and F.acebook.

1 Like

Re: Remember The Lady Who Acted Sarafina, See What Happened To Her After 29 Years by TMKsouth: 7:52pm On Aug 29, 2021
billynoni:
I read it, more like "cousins" to each other, just little modifications here and there... On a lighter note, this "Dumelang" word was a funny trend on Scandal some months back, it created so many buzz n T.witter and F.acebook.

Will check it out wink

(1) (Reply)

Hilarious Photo Of Lady Breastfeeding Her Child While Using The Toilet (photos) / BBNaija: Mercy Seen Masturbating? (Video) / #BBNAIJA: Tacha's Reaction When Seyi Tried To Kiss Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.