Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,663 members, 7,823,877 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

How Do You Deal With A Spouse Who Doesn't Clean After Themselves Properly - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do You Deal With A Spouse Who Doesn't Clean After Themselves Properly (2324 Views)

How Do You Deal With Toxic Parents / How Do You Deal With An Occult Family Member? / My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Deal With A Spouse Who Doesn't Clean After Themselves Properly by mardis: 2:16pm On Aug 28, 2021
NgHotGirls:
Sis, didn't you see all these before marrying him?

There was no cohabiting, more of distance courting.
Re: How Do You Deal With A Spouse Who Doesn't Clean After Themselves Properly by bukatyne(f): 2:43pm On Aug 28, 2021
descarado:

You can't change an adult's encoded behaviour eg smoking, nagging and this.

Once you notice it, japa.
That's the beginning of resentment and anger. It builds up and other things will follow. Then you will forget its simply cleaning after oneself that's the culprit.

True cheesy

That's why doing a SWOT analysis helps.
Re: How Do You Deal With A Spouse Who Doesn't Clean After Themselves Properly by socialmediaman: 2:48pm On Aug 28, 2021
descarado:

You can't change an adult's encoded behaviour eg smoking, nagging and this.

Once you notice it, japa.
That's the beginning of resentment and anger. It builds up and other things will follow. Then you will forget its simply cleaning after oneself that's the culprit.

We're talking marriage here, not boyfriend girlfriend relationship, unless OP used the word "spouse" incorrectly. You don't run at the slightest provocation, you try to work things out first.
Re: How Do You Deal With A Spouse Who Doesn't Clean After Themselves Properly by descarado: 4:40pm On Aug 28, 2021
socialmediaman:

We're talking marriage here, not boyfriend girlfriend relationship, unless OP used the word "spouse" incorrectly. You don't run at the slightest provocation, you try to work things out first.
Go and read what the @op wrote before you come with I too know attitude.

I will move, simple. No apology.y world, my rule.
Re: How Do You Deal With A Spouse Who Doesn't Clean After Themselves Properly by descarado: 4:44pm On Aug 28, 2021
bukatyne:

True cheesy

That's why doing a SWOT analysis helps.

They don't do that at all cheesy
When the guy flash maney, the man becomes immaculate cheesy
When the guy see big nyash and boobs, oh la la cheesy
Then she can cook, he's in heaven cheesy
What again do they need? grin
Re: How Do You Deal With A Spouse Who Doesn't Clean After Themselves Properly by socialmediaman: 4:59pm On Aug 28, 2021
descarado:

Go and read what the @op wrote before you come with I too know attitude.

I will move, simple. No apology.y world, my rule.

Oh my apologies, guess I missed that part, or maybe he edited the story?

You could’ve been more polite though. Are we addicted to rudeness in Nigeria? Be nice dude
Re: How Do You Deal With A Spouse Who Doesn't Clean After Themselves Properly by RightToReject(m): 8:32pm On Aug 28, 2021
As much as you might not be able to change someone's disposition, you can, however, make them almost always act the way that resonates with your philosophy whenever hir is around you, provided that your philosophy is rooted in principle and you adhere to it. The reason people like you always find yourselves in an awkward position as this when relating with others is that you stand for nothing and are always hesitant out of pretense or feeble-mindedness to verbally or demonstratively let anyone who comes close to you know upfront that you don't condone nonsense or pander to the whims and caprices of anyone. Nobody is perfect, yes, I know, but every sane person is expected to be decorous unless hir doesn't like or want peace.

Citing your submission, you have been dealing with a self-absorbing person. Well, provided that you are coming from a conscientious position, the most effective way to neutralize a self-absorbing person is shouting/confrontation (not nagging and screaming) telling about their negative inaction instantaneous thereby deflecting their ego by reminding them that the world doesn't revolve around them, insisting they do the needful, and denying them the privilege of getting any self-serving favor from you - they hate them and will do everything possible to stop you from meting out them to them. You'll have hir gradually adjust for good in a short distant time, provided that you do not succumb to hir antics; provided that hir values whatever might be the bond that holds the two of you, and provided that you don't mind scattering in principle whatever might be the bond that holds the two of you. It is unfortunate that most of you, out of feeble-mindedness or pretense, do allow bad things to fester or happen around you lots all in a bid to appear more peaceful than peace; more civil than civility; more classy than classiness, etc.

You must be both gritty and gumptious to effect the change/get the best of hir.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Deal With A Spouse Who Doesn't Clean After Themselves Properly by NgHotGirls: 12:10am On Aug 29, 2021
mardis:

There was no cohabiting, more of distance courting.
No wonder
Re: How Do You Deal With A Spouse Who Doesn't Clean After Themselves Properly by bukatyne(f): 3:31pm On Aug 29, 2021
descarado:

They don't do that at all cheesy
When the guy flash maney, the man becomes immaculate cheesy
When the guy see big nyash and boobs, oh la la cheesy
Then she can cook, he's in heaven cheesy
What again do they need? grin

Hahahahahaha at 'then she can cook, he's in heaven.

I don't know why a number of Nigerians think these basics are all there is to marriage cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Do You Deal With A Spouse Who Doesn't Clean After Themselves Properly by PrimadonnaO(f): 6:39pm On Aug 29, 2021
Magnoliaa:
Not my jurisdiction. Let the marriageists, aka, 'been there, done that, therefore I have the advantage of hexpeeriense over you singu pringles' coman contribute.

LOL!
Re: How Do You Deal With A Spouse Who Doesn't Clean After Themselves Properly by Magnoliaa(f): 3:27pm On Sep 01, 2021
PrimadonnaO:

LOL!
grin Abi no be so?

1 Like

Re: How Do You Deal With A Spouse Who Doesn't Clean After Themselves Properly by PrimadonnaO(f): 7:19pm On Sep 01, 2021
Magnoliaa:

grin Abi no be so?

Na so! grin cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Injustice Of Men: Some Northern Men / Trans Woman Takes A Picture EVERYDAY For 8 Mnths To Show Dramatic Transformation / I Got 15 Kids & 3 Babydaddys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.