Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,228 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:03 AM

The Moment Femi Falana Grilled Obasanjo At The Oputa Panel (Throwback Video) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Moment Femi Falana Grilled Obasanjo At The Oputa Panel (Throwback Video) (35046 Views)

Aminu Tambuwal At Oputa Panel In 1999 (Throwback Photos) / Throwback: Femi Falana Grilled Major Aliyu Over Chief MKO Abiola's Death. / Grace Mugabe Cries To Obasanjo At Burial Of Robert Mugabe "Your Friend Is Gone" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Moment Femi Falana Grilled Obasanjo At The Oputa Panel (Throwback Video) by kunleiky(m): 11:54am On Aug 28, 2021
nairavsdollars:
But Obasanjo later angrily left saying he was being insulted
This is not true though. Didn't you watch the part Justice Oputa asked if anyone has any question for him.
He was even asked if he had any other thing to say and he addressed the panel.
Re: The Moment Femi Falana Grilled Obasanjo At The Oputa Panel (Throwback Video) by Hotzone(m): 11:56am On Aug 28, 2021
Buhari can never, will never entertain such open verbal bombardment by radical litigants and intellectual juggernauts
Re: The Moment Femi Falana Grilled Obasanjo At The Oputa Panel (Throwback Video) by kunleiky(m): 11:58am On Aug 28, 2021
Dim08:
Obasanjo is so bold, wise and smart with a touch of comic.

I could not believe I watched the full video.

I also salute the boldness and stance of Femi Falana. Na correct lawyer you be.
This was when Nigeria had a President though egocentric, yet he established institutions to help develop the country.

I know one day, those in govt today will stand before an impartial judge and be served their rightful judgement

Yea, the egocentrism was obvious.
Re: The Moment Femi Falana Grilled Obasanjo At The Oputa Panel (Throwback Video) by Nobody: 12:00pm On Aug 28, 2021
praiz2312:
When Rule of Law was respected, unlike now that you can't even dare question those in authority.
May be you were not born during OBJ's tenure or u were kid to know his atrocities and autocratic govt he ran in the guise of democracy.
Have a look at this incomplete list of victims of assassinations under Obasanjo out of which not a single one was solved in the entire 8 years of his tenure which were carried out to make way for his agenda - Chief Bola Ige (Attorney General of the Federation); Dr. Marshall Harry (ANPP National Vice Chairman for South-South); Chief Ogbonnaya Uche (ANPP's Senatorial candidate for Orlu Imo State); Mr Theodore Agwatu (Principal Secretary to Imo State Governor); Hon. Odunayo Olagbaju (Member of Osun State House of Assembly);Hon. Uche Nwoke (ANPP Senatorial candidate in Imo State); Hon. Monday Ndor (Member of Rivers State House of Assembly); Dr. Ayodeji Daramola, gurbernatorial candidate in Ekiti State; Ahmed Ahman Pategi (State Chairman of Kwara PDP); Hon Schnapps Omuvwiebese (Councilor, Ughelli - North LG, Delta State); Mr. Funsho Williams, PDP governoship aspirant in Lagos; Mr. Barnabas Igwe (Anambra State Bar Association, Chairman) and his wife, Mrs. Abigail Igwe; Mr. Sunday Ugwu, Mrs. Janet Olapade among many others. Readers should remember that Tafa Balogun has impliedly alleged that he was subjected to Ribadu’s rage by OBJ because he refused to carry out the requested elimination of a former PDP chairman! Reliable sources have confirmed that the only reason Balogun had to spend 6 months in EFCC guest houses as opposed to long time imprisonment and deprivation of all the stolen billions was to prevent him from spilling his guts out.
If u only know how militaralised OBJ's tenure was u won't say this!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Moment Femi Falana Grilled Obasanjo At The Oputa Panel (Throwback Video) by SirBunky85(m): 12:03pm On Aug 28, 2021
praiz2312:
When Rule of Law was respected, unlike now that you can't even dare question those in authority.
you're correct. Rule of law was respected when obj massacred the people of odi and Zak ibiam respectively. Shameless hypocrites everywhere

3 Likes

Re: The Moment Femi Falana Grilled Obasanjo At The Oputa Panel (Throwback Video) by SirBunky85(m): 12:05pm On Aug 28, 2021
eworo1787:
When there was little regards for the judiciary unlike wat we have now
yes,there was regard for the judiciary by impeaching fayose inside a bus by house of assembly kidnapped by obj and forced to impeach the governor. Bitter hypocrites

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Moment Femi Falana Grilled Obasanjo At The Oputa Panel (Throwback Video) by SirBunky85(m): 12:07pm On Aug 28, 2021
Dim08:

This was when Nigeria had a President though egocentric, yet he established institutions to help develop the country.

I know one day, those in govt today will stand before an impartial judge and be served their rightful judgement
can u mention the "institutions" he established to help move the country forward ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Moment Femi Falana Grilled Obasanjo At The Oputa Panel (Throwback Video) by tollyboy5(m): 12:18pm On Aug 28, 2021
Analyst7:
Obasanjo is indeed foolish during that entire video, he was plain guilty but will be forming upright later on
He destroyed Fela property and it was so obvious he was behind it and he was still defending nonsense
He wasn't even ready to let the govt help Fela reinstate all his lost properties and later that fool will be doing one upright and democratic president nonsense when they uall destroyed the so called country
Oil dey ur head. He's fully aware and still claim ignorance .

1 Like

Re: The Moment Femi Falana Grilled Obasanjo At The Oputa Panel (Throwback Video) by huptin(m): 12:19pm On Aug 28, 2021
Coronabirus:

May be you were not born during OBJ's tenure or u were kid to know his atrocities and autocratic govt he ran in the guise of democracy.
Have a look at this incomplete list of victims of assassinations under Obasanjo out of which not a single one was solved in the entire 8 years of his tenure which were carried out to make way for his agenda - Chief Bola Ige (Attorney General of the Federation); Dr. Marshall Harry (ANPP National Vice Chairman for South-South); Chief Ogbonnaya Uche (ANPP's Senatorial candidate for Orlu Imo State); Mr Theodore Agwatu (Principal Secretary to Imo State Governor); Hon. Odunayo Olagbaju (Member of Osun State House of Assembly);Hon. Uche Nwoke (ANPP Senatorial candidate in Imo State); Hon. Monday Ndor (Member of Rivers State House of Assembly); Dr. Ayodeji Daramola, gurbernatorial candidate in Ekiti State; Ahmed Ahman Pategi (State Chairman of Kwara PDP); Hon Schnapps Omuvwiebese (Councilor, Ughelli - North LG, Delta State); Mr. Funsho Williams, PDP governoship aspirant in Lagos; Mr. Barnabas Igwe (Anambra State Bar Association, Chairman) and his wife, Mrs. Abigail Igwe; Mr. Sunday Ugwu, Mrs. Janet Olapade among many others. Readers should remember that Tafa Balogun has impliedly alleged that he was subjected to Ribadu’s rage by OBJ because he refused to carry out the requested elimination of a former PDP chairman! Reliable sources have confirmed that the only reason Balogun had to spend 6 months in EFCC guest houses as opposed to long time imprisonment and deprivation of all the stolen billions was to prevent him from spilling his guts out.
If u only know how militaralised OBJ's tenure was u won't say this!

All the thousands of innocent souls being killed under Buhari, including the General that was brutally killed by bandits in broad day light..which one has he solved?

2 Likes

Re: The Moment Femi Falana Grilled Obasanjo At The Oputa Panel (Throwback Video) by Nobody: 12:23pm On Aug 28, 2021
daroz:
Now no Fulani or Hausa man can grill Buhari, they are all now very tribalistic.
They have been...
Re: The Moment Femi Falana Grilled Obasanjo At The Oputa Panel (Throwback Video) by Sleekfingers: 12:31pm On Aug 28, 2021
Terryindeed:

You clearly don't know anything at all.

Stop arguing with this guy, rule of law has always been respected until your Fulani president took over.

Period.

No wonder, Desmond Elliot called y'all children......

1 Like

Re: The Moment Femi Falana Grilled Obasanjo At The Oputa Panel (Throwback Video) by Nobody: 12:46pm On Aug 28, 2021
huptin:

All the thousands of innocent souls being killed under Buhari, including the General that was brutally killed by bandits in broad day light..which one has he solved?
This is a different topic, my take is on lawlessness. There was no law under OBJ that FG respect, they didn't respect any court order and people get murdered for simple opposition. We have witnessed many shits, those days media outlets were low unlike today where people are very much accessible to information.
I don't justify or compare killings, I'm talking abt upheld law!

1 Like

Re: The Moment Femi Falana Grilled Obasanjo At The Oputa Panel (Throwback Video) by Zoey95: 12:50pm On Aug 28, 2021
I watched this live as direct and I still have it on my phone till I type. This was Kuti family vs federal government about the attack in fela house which led to the death of fela mother via throwing her out of the window. A.k.a (unknown soldier).
Re: The Moment Femi Falana Grilled Obasanjo At The Oputa Panel (Throwback Video) by Toscarel: 1:03pm On Aug 28, 2021
Tajbol4splend:
Wasn't Obasanjo who abolished the panel because of his plan to steal money without question? Baba Iyabo is as tyrannical as the foolish and idiotic cow we have now, when Obasanjo is talking criticizing Buhari, I never respect any of his words because he initiated everything wrong with governance, election rigging, bully, stealing and all sorts

You can never compare the two, Obsanjo is a great leader who was after the advancement of the country and yes he had his flaws but when it comes to this one thats planning to rewind naija into the stone age.
Re: The Moment Femi Falana Grilled Obasanjo At The Oputa Panel (Throwback Video) by Nobody: 1:05pm On Aug 28, 2021
Dim08:

I still believe he had the best cabinet ever as president. And he subjected them to those quarterly media sessions, where they present on TV.
He was quite astute & quick to prove his knowledge or education abt an issue. Infact he went on 'BBC hardtalk' multiple times. No other Naija president can face d grilling on dt show. They always send aides.
He was a ruthless control/power freak though.

1 Like

Re: The Moment Femi Falana Grilled Obasanjo At The Oputa Panel (Throwback Video) by eledumare2012: 1:26pm On Aug 28, 2021
All I can see is HOW OBASANJO GRILLED FALANA.
Falana wasn't so smart in this video and he was also lectured.

1 Like

Re: The Moment Femi Falana Grilled Obasanjo At The Oputa Panel (Throwback Video) by OmoManU: 1:53pm On Aug 28, 2021
Tajbol4splend:
Wasn't Obasanjo who abolished the panel because of his plan to steal money without question? Baba Iyabo is as tyrannical as the foolish and idiotic cow we have now, when Obasanjo is talking criticizing Buhari, I never respect any of his words because he initiated everything wrong with governance, election rigging, bully, stealing and all sorts
Even BH, militancy and kidnapping, all reared their heads under him and became monsters under GEJ
Re: The Moment Femi Falana Grilled Obasanjo At The Oputa Panel (Throwback Video) by OmoEpe(m): 2:20pm On Aug 28, 2021
In as much as am not an Obasanji fan or admirer, i believe he showed how shallow and childish Femi Falana is on issues of law as regards the Beko petition
He is no doubt intelligent and proved how infantile Falana disposition is in separating activism from the law
I only wish he didn't allow his selfishness becloud his reign,we probably have had a better nation today
Falana an assumed senior advocate couldn't decipher who between the FG and SG should implement a state's white paper. The same unitary rule ignoramus on NL peddles,even when even during the military rule there has always being a distinction between both,was what he kept retreating on air and in a respectable panel like the Oputa panel. Honestly falana is all noise little substance.
Re: The Moment Femi Falana Grilled Obasanjo At The Oputa Panel (Throwback Video) by Ekaka1(m): 2:33pm On Aug 28, 2021
Femi Falana gragra no be today e start...He not only bungled the case but he was roundly exposed by Obasanjo and his legal team.... cheesy
Re: The Moment Femi Falana Grilled Obasanjo At The Oputa Panel (Throwback Video) by Ekaka1(m): 2:35pm On Aug 28, 2021
OmoEpe:
In as much as am not an Obasanji fan or admirer, i believe he showed how shallow and childish Femi Falana is on issues of law as regards the Beko petition
He is no doubt intelligent and proved how infantile Falana disposition is in separating activism from the law
I only wish he didn't allow his selfishness becloud his reign,we probably have had a better nation today
Falana an assumed senior advocate couldn't decipher who between the FG and SG should implement a state's white paper. The same unitary rule ignoramus on NL peddles,even when even during the military rule there has always being a distinction between both,was what he kept retreating on air and in a respectable panel like the Oputa panel. Honestly falana is all noise little substance.
Very well articulated....Nothing more to add....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Moment Femi Falana Grilled Obasanjo At The Oputa Panel (Throwback Video) by godwinony(m): 3:23pm On Aug 28, 2021
Dim08:

Me too, couldn't believe I watched it all. Very interesting.
Re: The Moment Femi Falana Grilled Obasanjo At The Oputa Panel (Throwback Video) by Terryindeed: 3:54pm On Aug 28, 2021
Sleekfingers:

No wonder, Desmond Elliot called y'all children......

How old are you ?
Re: The Moment Femi Falana Grilled Obasanjo At The Oputa Panel (Throwback Video) by Gfskw: 4:22pm On Aug 28, 2021
Really
Re: The Moment Femi Falana Grilled Obasanjo At The Oputa Panel (Throwback Video) by StUriah(m): 4:46pm On Aug 28, 2021
Did they eventually compensate Beko and the entire Kuti family?

Obj was a crook, a wicked military head of state in those days. All evidence pointed to the fact that he masterminded that operation that brought down Kalakuta republic, Danjuma was just the executioner. Confiscation of Fela's properties by the Lagos state government through the fraudulent land use act was the handiwork of the military junta led by Obj.

The 'unknown soldier' here is Obj.

He was a very foolish man even as a Civilian President to assumed that only Aguiyi Ironsi ever run a Unitary system of Government in Nigeria, and other military regimes were federal in characters. How can a reasonable human being think that we have a democracy in Nigeria when in actual fact it is a civilian administration we are running. Obj killed party system in Nigeria; he dictated to his political party who and who not to be Chairman. Do or die politics is his philosophy, imposing very weak individuals on others to protect his own interests and possibly secure a third term as Nigeria President. Shege banboroba
Re: The Moment Femi Falana Grilled Obasanjo At The Oputa Panel (Throwback Video) by Raph3177(m): 5:41pm On Aug 28, 2021
micko93:
Throwback video: Watch As Femi Falana (SAN) grills Then President Obasanjo At The Famous Oputa Panel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5LtJZA6Heo
Nigeria been setting up useless and meaningless panel with zero results and no one brought to book since time in memorial I spit for this country tufiakwa
Re: The Moment Femi Falana Grilled Obasanjo At The Oputa Panel (Throwback Video) by westfield: 5:53pm On Aug 28, 2021
You be mumu.....how old are you? Which rule of law......obasanjo did not follow rule of law......he was a bastard tyrant in angel cloak........go and read about 2005 when he removed ciliv servants from their home after the court told him it's illegal.....go and read about the killing in Bayelsa.......go and ask the senators and judges if they had a say in his government from 2007 to 2011.......before you open your mouth wahala

praiz2312:
Re: The Moment Femi Falana Grilled Obasanjo At The Oputa Panel (Throwback Video) by westfield: 6:07pm On Aug 28, 2021
Please what is drilling about this .....the guy clearly did not know how to ask questions like a SAN....rubbish

micko93:
Throwback video: Watch As Femi Falana (SAN) grills Then President Obasanjo At The Famous Oputa Panel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5LtJZA6Heo
Re: The Moment Femi Falana Grilled Obasanjo At The Oputa Panel (Throwback Video) by Terryindeed: 6:20pm On Aug 28, 2021
StUriah:
Did they eventually compensate Beko and the entire Kuti family?

Obj was a crook, a wicked military head of state in those days. All evidence pointed to the fact that he masterminded that operation that brought down Kalakuta republic, Danjuma was just the executioner. Confiscation of Fela's properties by the Lagos state government through the fraudulent land use act was the handiwork of the military junta led by Obj.

The 'unknown soldier' here is Obj.

He was a very foolish man even as a Civilian President to assumed that only Aguiyi Ironsi ever run a Unitary system of Government in Nigeria, and other military regimes were federal in characters. How can a reasonable human being think that we have a democracy in Nigeria when in actual fact it is a civilian administration we are running. Obj killed party system in Nigeria; he dictated to his political party who and who not to be Chairman. Do or die politics is his philosophy, imposing very weak individuals on others to protect his own interests and possibly secure a third term as Nigeria President. Shege banboroba

Say whatever you have to say, Obasanjo still remains Nigeria best President. Yeah he imposed someone to preside after him, which was in favour of the South South. He brought Musa ya-adua and Goodluck Jonathan who later became the worst president ever. He built universities, good road for the north, up til now we the South South and southwest can never pin point one thing Jonathan did for his people.

Inasmuch as we try to paint Obasanjo as the devil, no one did better than him and that's my opinion.
Re: The Moment Femi Falana Grilled Obasanjo At The Oputa Panel (Throwback Video) by StUriah(m): 7:32pm On Aug 28, 2021
I maintain my stand, Obj is a wicked man; he is the 'unknown soldier' who never allowed good governance to work in Nigeria. He truncated Awolowo's ambition to make this country a great nation; he conspired against his kinsman, Abiola, the consequences of which he suffered in the prison and which is still hunting him; he slept with his own son's wife and caused disaffection within his family; he stole Nigeria dry with 3rd agenda and fraudulent Presidential Library and Operation Feed the Nation projects, phoney electrification and privatization projects; he supervised the destruction of Nigerian education system by making public schools unattractive to the general public with establishment of several private schools by himself and his cronies. Today, he is a billionaire in the midst of poorest of the poorest of the people. His hands are full of blood and his heart is full of wickedness. Except he repent and confess all the crimes he committed against Nigerians and the Nigerian state, and seek for forgiveness he can never have peace.

Terryindeed:

Say whatever you have to say, Obasanjo still remains Nigeria best President. Yeah he imposed someone to preside after him, which was in favour of the South South. He brought Musa ya-adua and Goodluck Jonathan who later became the worst president ever. He built universities, good road for the north, up til now we the South South and southwest can never pin point one thing Jonathan did for his people.

Inasmuch as we try to paint Obasanjo as the devil, no one did better than him and that's my opinion.
Re: The Moment Femi Falana Grilled Obasanjo At The Oputa Panel (Throwback Video) by Terryindeed: 8:05pm On Aug 28, 2021
StUriah:
I maintain my stand, Obj is a wicked man; he is the 'unknown soldier' who never allowed good governance to work in Nigeria. He truncated Awolowo's ambition to make this country a great nation; he conspired against his kinsman, Abiola, the consequences of which he suffered in the prison and which is still hunting him; he slept with his own son's wife and caused disaffection within his family; he stole Nigeria dry with 3rd agenda and fraudulent Presidential Library and Operation Feed the Nation projects, phoney electrification and privatization projects; he supervised the destruction of Nigerian education system by making public schools unattractive to the general public with establishment of several private schools by himself and his cronies. Today, he is a billionaire in the midst of poorest of the poorest of the people. His hands are full of blood and his heart is full of wickedness. Except he repent and confess all the crimes he committed against Nigerians and the Nigerian state, and seek for forgiveness he can never have peace.

Bro you are indeed misunderstanding me, which is fine by the way.

As far as Nigeria is concerned, no one is a saint, every politicians has committed atrocities and Obasanjo is not excluded.

My point is Obasanjo still respected the Rule of law. I never said he's a saint compare to what we have today, Obasanjo was indeed fair.

If you want to talk about Atrocities we shouldn't forget IBB, Abacha, Till date Abacha's loots are still stuck in the bank. Miriam Abacha own a university in Niger, his generation can never be poor.

Let's not talk about Atrocities abeg because get Good mind for naija.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Presidential Air Fleet In Abuja / Suspected Terrorists Attack Niger-Abuja Military Checkpoint Near Zuma Barracks / Fayose To Buhari: I Can’t Be Intimidated By One Million Armed Men Of DSS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.