Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,352 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:46 PM

Presidential/royal Marriage: Travails Of Party Media Agent - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidential/royal Marriage: Travails Of Party Media Agent (187 Views)

Travails Of Mama Boko Haram: Why She Is Held In Prison Since February / Nigerians Link Ambode’s Travails To Feud With Tinubu / I Have No Hands In Oshiomhole’s Travails – Amosun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Presidential/royal Marriage: Travails Of Party Media Agent by PromiseJonah(m): 8:22am On Aug 28, 2021
In a massively shared WhatsApp content, a card carrying member of an undisclosed party suspected to either be the APC or PDP released a statement saying:

Reports have it that ordinary people like Commissioners, Local Government Chairmen, State House of Assembly Members and some NASS members were not allowed into the wedding venue of the President's son. Also, over 80 private jets landed at Aminu Kano international airport. Again, hundreds of SUVs flooded Kano for the wedding. Politicians from both the ruling and opposition parties attended. Governors, Ministers, Captains of industries and other VIPs attended.

They sat, chatted, gisted, laughed and dined together; they forgot their political, religious and ethnic differences. Initially, I wanted not to say a word about the royal/presidential wedding. This is because it is none of my business. Interference in the matter wouldn't add a spoon of food on my table. I read and saw many posts about the wedding. Some posters were even aggressive and belligerent. I was worried a bit, that, we are yet to learn from many instances. Do we even ponder why they keep sharing their sons and daughters amongst themselves while we keep sharing insults and abuses among ourselves?

No matter how much you love your party or Boss, and you fight other people to defend them, try talking to their daughters or showing interest in them. Then, you'd know how useless you are in their eyes. Our problems are far beyond fighting ourselves because of anyone or his interest. They love seeing us close to them only when they want to use us. While I enjoy defending my interest, I also value myself much that I hardly quarrel anyone because of anyone. I care more on presenting myself in every competition until one day, I become successful. Everyone has chance to become something in life, but we chose to reduce ourselves to mere servants of people that don't truly love us.

Many Afghans fought to defend Ashraf Ghani, but he fled to Dubai with only his nuclear family. He left behind everyone to live with the consequences that may arise. This is typical of a situation in Nigeria. Those we waste time to defend do not even invite us to Abuja to meet them, not to talk of one day, taking us abroad to see good roads or eat long rice. They send representatives to give us something for data so we can continue defending them. When it comes to going abroad, driving good cars, attending good schools or getting better jobs, they present their children. Why then are we insulting each other because of them. Can't we use our time to read books so we can pass exams, or work hard in something so we can be good at it!

Arise O Compatriots!

Re: Presidential/royal Marriage: Travails Of Party Media Agent by LegalWolf: 8:50am On Aug 28, 2021
Excellent one!

(1) (Reply)

Boris Johnson, Do Something, Afghanistan Today, Nigeria Tomorrow"Biafra/Oduduwa / DHQ Denies Firing Shots At Passenger Cargo In Port Harcourt / Breaking News: APGA In Trouble As 6 Anambra Lawmakers Dump The Party For APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.