Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,510 members, 7,819,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

Cavani Gives Up No.7 Shirt - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Cavani Gives Up No.7 Shirt (776 Views)

Ronaldo Thanks Cavani For Giving Him His Man Utd No 7 Shirt / Ronaldo To Adorn The iconic No 7 Shirt, as Cavani takes No 21 / Di Maria: Man United’s Iconic No. 7 Shirt Had No Special Meaning To Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cavani Gives Up No.7 Shirt by Thinkfree(m): 9:49am On Aug 28, 2021
Former Manchester United centre-back Rio Ferdinand has dropped a possible hint that Cristiano Ronaldo could secure his iconic No.7 shirt once he formally completes his move to Old Trafford.

United have confirmed that they have reached an agreement with Juventus to re-sign the Portugal international, subject to him passing his medical and agreeing personal terms.

Although the deal is not 100 per cent complete, speculation has already been mounting about what shirt number the 36-year-old will acquire at Old Trafford, with Uruguay international Edinson Cavani currently donning his preferred No.7 shirt.

However, Ferdinand has hinted that the striker has given the number to Ronaldo — although Premier League rules state a player is not allowed to switch shirt numbers once a season is in progress.

"Just to think Cavani could be the back-up for Ronaldo, it’s unbelievable," said Ferdinand, speaking on on his YouTube channel, FIVE.

"Cavani, I have to say, what a man. He saw who was coming to town and gave up the No.7 shirt."

https://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1093489203?-19390:5491
Re: Cavani Gives Up No.7 Shirt by Thinkfree(m): 9:50am On Aug 28, 2021
g
Re: Cavani Gives Up No.7 Shirt by FamTomx2(m): 9:51am On Aug 28, 2021
grin

Cavani wouldn't wish to give up his preferred lucky charm No7 shirt, but some one owns it already which is Ronaldo, that was his former shirt and the number and that begets the CR7,

And which also shoot him to limelight ..

CR7 project started from Old Trafford,

Cavani is also a big player in the class of CR7 but he should understand how Ororo is being loved at Old Trafford.

Re: Cavani Gives Up No.7 Shirt by Gbest90(m): 9:59am On Aug 28, 2021
Ronaldo and pride sha. Can't he just accept another, for sake of peace in the dressing room.

After all like Messi proved Shirt Number doesn't really matter.

A penny for the thought of Bruno Fernandez now. grin grin grin cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cavani Gives Up No.7 Shirt by Theboy21: 10:00am On Aug 28, 2021
Nice one, CR7 should also be given the captain...
CR7 for life, United for life...
Re: Cavani Gives Up No.7 Shirt by FamTomx2(m): 10:16am On Aug 28, 2021
shocked

That number CR7 is a brand and also being customized,

And which cannot be said of Messi' s No10

Gbest90:
Ronaldo and pride sha. Can't he just accept another, for sake of peace in the dressing room.

After all like Messi proved Shirt Number doesn't really matter.

A penny for the thought of Bruno Fernandez now. grin grin grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Cavani Gives Up No.7 Shirt by Gbest90(m): 11:12am On Aug 28, 2021
FamTomx2:
shocked

That number CR7 is a brand and also being customized,

And which cannot be said of Messi' s No10

Abeggi.

Is his penalty taking duties a brand too.

Watch as he sweeps poor Bruno to one corner. grin

3 Likes

Re: Cavani Gives Up No.7 Shirt by Numerouno94(m): 11:22am On Aug 28, 2021
Ngozi United fans always hyperventilating, that won't stop u guys from crashing to europa league. Ask Fergie001
Re: Cavani Gives Up No.7 Shirt by FamTomx2(m): 11:25am On Aug 28, 2021
grin

Gbest90:

Abeggi.

Is his penalty taking duties a brand too.

Watch as he sweeps poor Bruno to one corner. grin
Re: Cavani Gives Up No.7 Shirt by fergie001: 11:27am On Aug 28, 2021
Numerouno94:
Ngozi United fans always hyperventilating, that won't stop u guys from crashing to europa league. Ask Fergi.e001
grin grin grin grin

Well...Ronaldo won't get the No 7.

Premier League Rule M.5 states that once a player is registered with a shirt number, the number cannot be changed for that season excepting the original player is sold or there is a special grant from the Premier League Board (which has never happened before).

Ronaldo won't get his 7 this season, unless United sells Edinson which isn't an option.

3 Likes

Re: Cavani Gives Up No.7 Shirt by Numerouno94(m): 11:32am On Aug 28, 2021
fergie001:

grin grin grin grin

Premier League Rule M.5 rule states that once a player is registered with a shirt number, the number cannot be changed for that season excepting the original player is sold or there is a special grant from the Premier League Board (which has never happened before).

Ronaldo won't get his 7 this season, unless United sells Edinson which isn't an option for this season.

Tanx Fergie, always blunt nd truthful unlike his fellow Ngozi's grin grin.

Buh wat makes u fink Ronaldo won't abandon Ngozi United next season after tasting europa league for the first time in his blissful career nd loosing out on top4 wit Ngozi? undecided undecided

I'm jux a United fan dat works wit reality nd facts. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Cavani Gives Up No.7 Shirt by Gbest90(m): 11:37am On Aug 28, 2021
fergie001:

grin grin grin grin

Premier League Rule M.5 rule states that once a player is registered with a shirt number, the number cannot be changed for that season excepting the original player is sold or there is a special grant from the Premier League Board (which has never happened before).

Ronaldo won't get his 7 this season, unless United sells Edinson which isn't an option for this season.
His pride won't stop him from wearing his special 7.

Highest is that he will wear two different numbers. Like 70 in the league and 7 in Europe. As no law is against that.
Re: Cavani Gives Up No.7 Shirt by fergie001: 11:49am On Aug 28, 2021
Gbest90:

His pride won't stop him from wearing his special 7.

Highest is that he will wear two different numbers. Like 70 in the league and 7 in Europe. As no law is against that.
If you call it pride.....I call it confidence.

He deserves all of the confidence in the world....The Best Premier League Player for ages.

He won't wear two numbers......He is a thoroughbred professional.
Re: Cavani Gives Up No.7 Shirt by fergie001: 11:52am On Aug 28, 2021
Numerouno94:

Tanx Fergie, always blunt nd truthful unlike his fellow Ngozi's grin grin.

Buh wat makes u fink Ronaldo won't abandon Ngozi United next season after tasting europa league for the first time in his blissful career nd loosing out on top4 wit Ngozi? undecided undecided

I'm jux a United fan dat works wit reality nd facts. grin grin
United will win the league or come off second at worse.

CR7 won't have a problem because he is a legend at United. United's Problem asides the midfield is Ole Gunnar Solksjaer.

He will leave if he wins nothing this season because they have given him everything he's asked for.

2 Likes

Re: Cavani Gives Up No.7 Shirt by Gbest90(m): 11:59am On Aug 28, 2021
fergie001:

If you call it pride.....I call it confidence.

He deserves all of the confidence in the world....The Best Premier League Player for ages.

He won't wear two numbers......He is a thoroughbred professional.
Yeah. He deserves confidence no doubt.

But when you are big there are certain things you need to let go for the sake of peace.

Like taking a new shirt no. , Leaving penalty duties to Fernandez (who's been doing it so consistently well) etc. But no. Ronaldo can never do such.

It won't take long before the clashing of heads begin. cheesy

As I know managing such big Egos like Paul, Edison, Bruno, Verane, Ronaldo etc will be Utds undoing.

1 Like

Re: Cavani Gives Up No.7 Shirt by Numerouno94(m): 12:22pm On Aug 28, 2021
fergie001:

United will win the league or come off second at worse.

CR7 won't have a problem because he is a legend at United. United's Problem asides the midfield is Ole Gunnar Solksjaer.

He will leave if he wins nothing this season because they have given him everything he's asked for.

The pe coach is the reason i lost the passion i had for United. Ole is damn annoying nd clueless, abeg i hate mediocrity nd i value my sanity grin grin. For now i will b watching from a distance untill the needful is done.
Re: Cavani Gives Up No.7 Shirt by fergie001: 12:38pm On Aug 28, 2021
Gbest90:
Yeah. He deserves confidence no doubt.

But when you are big there are certain things you need to let go for the sake of peace.

Like taking a new shirt no. , Leaving penalty duties to Fernandez (who's been doing it so consistently well) etc. But no. Ronaldo can never do such.

It won't take long before the clashing of heads begin. cheesy

As I know managing such big Egos like Paul, Edison, Bruno, Verane, Ronaldo etc will be Utds undoing.
Not United.

Ronaldo is Ronaldo. You under-estimate his status at OT.

You really do. If there's gonna be any P..it will be from Paul, but he shares some admiration.
Re: Cavani Gives Up No.7 Shirt by fergie001: 12:41pm On Aug 28, 2021
Numerouno94:

The pe coach is the reason i lost the passion i had for United. Ole is damn annoying nd clueless, abeg i hate mediocrity nd i value my sanity grin grin. For now i will b watching from a distance untill the needful is done.
That Coach dey give me sleepless nights.
Re: Cavani Gives Up No.7 Shirt by Soulsymbol99: 3:20pm On Aug 28, 2021
No be only shirt, they should collect that captin armband from maguire and give him asap! cool

(1) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo Now Forbes’ 2021 Highest-earning Footballer, Overtakes Messi / Ac Milan Want Andriy Shevchenko Back / Mikela And Taiwo For Olympic Qualifiers?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.