Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,495 members, 7,954,896 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:59 AM

Even As A Christian, I Refused To Use Government Funds To Fund The CAN Building - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Even As A Christian, I Refused To Use Government Funds To Fund The CAN Building (202 Views)

Name Governors Stealing Local Government Funds - Wike Tells Buhari / Obasanjo: Even As Christian, I Refused To Finance CAN Building With Govt Fund / 2019: We Won’t Use Government Money For Buhari's Campaign –lai Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Even As A Christian, I Refused To Use Government Funds To Fund The CAN Building by anythingcelebri: 9:50am On Aug 28, 2021
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo stated on Friday that he previously refused to use government funds to finish a building in Abuja for the Christian Association of Nigeria.

At the Admiralty Centre, Naval Dockyard, Victoria Island, Lagos State, Obasanjo addressed at the Book Launch and 85th Birthday of Eminence Prelate Sunday Mbang of the Methodist Church Nigeria.
Continue reading

1 Share

Re: Even As A Christian, I Refused To Use Government Funds To Fund The CAN Building by Anigreat: 9:52am On Aug 28, 2021
shocked

But the Idiot currently in Aso Rock is using government to fun bandits, bokoharam and herdmens.
Re: Even As A Christian, I Refused To Use Government Funds To Fund The CAN Building by TooMuchStuff: 9:53am On Aug 28, 2021
Christians are always blessed people of God to begin with. Over 5trillion Naira is generated yearly fron offering across all Churches in Nigeria and global branches of Nigeria indigenous Churches. So we are never poor to build for God own children association'.

But Abacha took over 500Million naira oil money to build Abuja Central Mosque and today it's still the most popular monument of FCT. Obasanjo even set up committee to raise money for Muslims mosque in 2004 before it was hijacked by Maccido the then Sultan of Sokoto.

I see nothing wrong in using govt money to build for CAN since almost all the beautiful Mosques in most states capital were built with public fund directly or codedly
Re: Even As A Christian, I Refused To Use Government Funds To Fund The CAN Building by Mynd44: 10:47am On Aug 28, 2021

(1)

Like Ondo In 2007, History Will Be Made In Anambra On November 6 / Niger State Govt, Suspends Cattle Markets, Bans Sale Of Fuel In Jerrycans / President Muhammadu Buhari Sacks Two Ministers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.