Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,369 members, 7,819,328 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:28 PM

Defence Intelligence Agency Declares Retired Commodore Olawunmi Wanted - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Defence Intelligence Agency Declares Retired Commodore Olawunmi Wanted (967 Views)

Retired Commodore Kunle Olawunmi Appears At DIA / Kunle Olawunmi Wanted By Defence Intelligence Agency Over Channels TV Interview / Buhari Appoints Samuel Adebayo As Chief Of Defence Intelligence Agency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Defence Intelligence Agency Declares Retired Commodore Olawunmi Wanted by lalajnr(m): 2:16pm On Aug 28, 2021
The Defence Intelligence Agency has declared a former Nigerian Navy Commodore, Kunle Olawunmi, wanted for exposing in an interview how the President Muhammadu Buhari's administration refused to probe high profile politicians whom Boko Haram terrorists named as their sponsors.

SaharaReporters learnt that the DIA asked Olawunmi to come to its headquarters in Abuja on Tuesday with his international passport, which may be seized.

The Defence Intelligence Agency is the primary military intelligence agency of Nigeria.

“The agency has declared retired Navy Commodore Kunle Olawunmi wanted for spilling the beans over Boko Haram sponsors in the Buhari regime. They asked him to come with his international passport on Tuesday to the DIA office in Abuja,” a top source said.

SaharaReporters had last Wednesday reported that Olawunmi spoke when he featured on Channels Television’s ‘Sunrise Daily’ breakfast programme.

He had condemned Tuesday's attack by bloodthirsty bandits on the Kaduna campus of Nigeria’s foremost military university, the Nigerian Defence Academy, where two military officers were killed and another kidnapped.

The Professor of Global Security Studies had said, “It is an aberration; you don’t attack the Nigerian Defence Academy and get away with it. In 2017, I carried out an investigation by the Minister of Defence that wanted me to check what was going on with the training and the security there (NDA). I remember I spent about a week in the NDA with the commandant and the staff but something struck me: every Friday, the gate of NDA is thrown open and everybody has access to pray in the mosque.

“On Fridays, you are going to see the same thing happening across all military formations in the country. If you go to Defence Headquarters, I served at the Defence Headquarters as the Deputy Director, Defence Administration, between 2015 and 2017, throughout my two years at Defence Headquarters, I received visitors twice because of the strict security architecture there but every Friday, the gate of the Defence Headquarters is thrown wide open for everybody to come in and observe Juma’at.

“That is the time the terrorists have the time to profile our security environment. It has always been the case. I have served the military intelligence for the past 35 years. Our problem is religion and socio-cultural.”

Olawunmi had added that he was a member of the Intelligence Brief at the Defence Headquarters during the leadership of the then Chief of Defence Staff, Gen. Abayomi Olonisakin (retd.).

The intelligence expert said he told the then CDS that the centre of gravity of the Boko Haram insurgency ravaging the North-East and spreading to other parts of Nigeria was the sponsor.

“I told General Olonisakin then that the centre of this problem cannot be solved the same way we solved the problem of the Niger Delta. The Niger Delta problem was solved during (Ex-President Umaru) Yar’adua basically by me and I told them that we can’t use that same template for Boko Haram.

“I told General Olonisakin to look at the centre of gravity of the problem. I was made a member of the committee in 2016-2017 including former Chief of Army Staff, Lt.-Gen. Ibrahim Attahiru that died.

“I told them that the centre of gravity of Boko Haram in Nigeria is the sponsors of the programme. It was beyond us because the job we needed to do was kinetic but we cannot resolve the issues of sponsors of Boko Haram that were in Buhari’s government that we know them. That was why we couldn’t pursue that aspect that could have resolved the issue because we need to arrest people.

“Recently, 400 people were gathered as sponsors of Boko Haram, why is it that the Buhari government has refused to try them? Why can’t this government bring them to trial if not that they are partisan and part of the charade that is going on?

“You remember this Boko Haram issue started in 2012 and I was in the military intelligence at that time. We arrested those people. My organisation conducted interrogation and they (suspects) mentioned names. I can’t come on air and start mentioning names of people that are presently in government that I know that the boys that we arrested mentioned. Some of them are governors now, some of them are in the Senate, some of them are in Aso Rock.

“Why should a government decide to cause this kind of embarrassment and insecurity to the sense of what happened yesterday (Tuesday at the NDA)?”

Olawunmi had also said that the Department of State Services had tremendous information on terrorists but they could not do anything except by the body language of the Commander-In-Chief.
https://www.google.com/url?q=http://saharareporters.com/2021/08/28/breaking-defence-intelligence-agency-declares-retired-commodore-olawunmi-wanted-over&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwik74eq5dPyAhUB3KQKHVXOBk8QlO8DMAZ6BAgDEAc&usg=AOvVaw092B3fJo7wgqWVMeZ02bJB

Re: Defence Intelligence Agency Declares Retired Commodore Olawunmi Wanted by Fahdiga(m): 2:19pm On Aug 28, 2021
Terrorist government

1 Like

Re: Defence Intelligence Agency Declares Retired Commodore Olawunmi Wanted by jumper524(m): 2:20pm On Aug 28, 2021
This is pur lie from Sahara reporters and we all know.
If the DSS wants him, hell be invited for questioning and that's all.
Stop the sensation.
You hate the president doesn't mean you should be non challant in doing your job professionally.
After reading through the content I don't unders how he's declared wanted oo.
He would be invited for questioning is different from being declared wanted.

1 Like

Re: Defence Intelligence Agency Declares Retired Commodore Olawunmi Wanted by Asgard73: 2:22pm On Aug 28, 2021
This man has been sing carelessly... with hard fact.
He definitely need to be questioned .

Who’s bankrolling him...

Fani-Kayode is now singing alone.. hopefully soon .. this his friend will sing along.

Yoruba sef .... and their Apc.
Re: Defence Intelligence Agency Declares Retired Commodore Olawunmi Wanted by Nukilia: 2:25pm On Aug 28, 2021
Criminals in government would be uncomfortable with the level of information leaked by the professor. grin grin grin grin

The country should be on fire by now with the level of information exposed by the professor.

Shame on Prof. Osibanjo and his minions who are all complicit in the destruction of the Nigerian state by APC and the herdsmen caliphate.

2 Likes

Re: Defence Intelligence Agency Declares Retired Commodore Olawunmi Wanted by Nukilia: 2:27pm On Aug 28, 2021
jumper524:
[s]This is pur lie from Sahara reporters and we all know.
If the DSS wants him, hell be invited for questioning and that's all.
Stop the sensation.
You hate the president doesn't mean you should be non challant in doing your job professionally.
After reading through the content I don't unders how he's declared wanted oo.
He would be invited for questioning is different from being declared wanted.[/s]

Stop defending the government! You must be a bandit from futajalon

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Defence Intelligence Agency Declares Retired Commodore Olawunmi Wanted by tutudesz: 2:27pm On Aug 28, 2021
The DIA can't declare him wanted undecided for what exactly Can't they declare Bokoharam sponsors wanted undecided
Re: Defence Intelligence Agency Declares Retired Commodore Olawunmi Wanted by Lattop(m): 2:28pm On Aug 28, 2021
If u speak the truth they will come after u... Bad Government
Re: Defence Intelligence Agency Declares Retired Commodore Olawunmi Wanted by illmatic101(m): 2:28pm On Aug 28, 2021
Hehehe... for leaking secret information .
Re: Defence Intelligence Agency Declares Retired Commodore Olawunmi Wanted by BigRocky: 2:35pm On Aug 28, 2021
I know the terrorist government will sure come for his sorry ass..

Mk una kill am mk una chop..
Re: Defence Intelligence Agency Declares Retired Commodore Olawunmi Wanted by meolaniyi(m): 2:35pm On Aug 28, 2021
My people in Yoruba land are still sleeping.
Re: Defence Intelligence Agency Declares Retired Commodore Olawunmi Wanted by FarahAideed: 2:36pm On Aug 28, 2021
Yet Governor Abu Kaka of Borno Caliphate and the the Other bandit that shot down our Alpha jet are still roaming free

1 Like

Re: Defence Intelligence Agency Declares Retired Commodore Olawunmi Wanted by Never4getU: 2:37pm On Aug 28, 2021
No way!

Yakasai, ango abdullahi and the likes of Yerima have said far worst in bloody exposure undercover of this govt yet nothing happened to them and nobody was summon.

This country is for all of us and Fulani can't be a special specie amongst us.

Nigeria is just a stupid country where anything goes and nobody take actions. In a normal clime, with the revelation everywhere should be burning by now, cos it's obvious the current events in the country it's a testament. How do we explain the commando style persecution of agitators like Sunday igboho/Nnamdi Kanu whose crime is protesting against unjust killing and kidnapping of their race on their ancentral home by Fulanis in the name of rearing cows.

It's shows complete complicit of Buhari himself in the killings by armed Fulani without any marching order to arrest or even proscribed them.

As if we are not in this country where Miyetti Allah threatened the rest of us with fire and brimstone but we didn't see the IG,DSS,NA or defense intelligence summoning them or even send a warning stance.

Are we slaves??

Buhari should be charged with aiding and abetting terrorism.

He's complicit in the whole charade.

This man is a Yoruba man, we should rally round him and show him some support so this terrorists in govt won't harm him cos he spoke the truth we already know.

1 Like

Re: Defence Intelligence Agency Declares Retired Commodore Olawunmi Wanted by Pierocash(m): 2:37pm On Aug 28, 2021
Everyone sane in this country know that the terrorists are in government,it is not a rocket science to know that.

How can terrorists in the name of herdsmen be killing ,and maiming innocent villagers for over 6yrs and yet no single herdsman has been arrested,paraded,and prosecuted.

But the moment anyone tries to defend himself either by taking the battle to this terrorists they get arrested and locked up. The moment anyone reel out facts about those behind the Terrorism they get attacked and arrested by DSS,seize their passports and arraigns them on Trump up charges .

Do anyone needs a prophet to know that those Manning our government offices,those Manning our security architecture are the culprits behind Terrorism in this country?

In life there Constance and there are variables,
But the only constance in the this scenario is that Nigeria can never become an Islamic Emirate,they can keep fooling themselves.

The variable is that they can wreck havoc and succeed ,or may not succeed,but the constance of the whole shenanigans is that Nigeria can never be defeated by terrorists.

1 Like

Re: Defence Intelligence Agency Declares Retired Commodore Olawunmi Wanted by NaMe4: 2:40pm On Aug 28, 2021
“You remember this Boko Haram issue started in 2012 and I was in the military intelligence at that time. We arrested those people. My organisation conducted interrogation and they (suspects) mentioned names. I can’t come on air and start mentioning names of people that are presently in government that I know that the boys that we arrested mentioned. Some of them are governors now, some of them are in the Senate, some of them are in Aso Rock.

Many of them have been rewarded with political posts.

It's been known long ago this administration is made up of mostly 'vultures'.

What would you expect from persons who have nothing to offer? Terrible economic policies and Worsening insecurity following arms proliferation.
Re: Defence Intelligence Agency Declares Retired Commodore Olawunmi Wanted by WATCHOVER(m): 2:46pm On Aug 28, 2021
It's unfortunate that the Military is being reduced to push me I push you, it high time Our Military officers come together to stop this nonsense, they should try and do away with this issue of C in C must command before they act.

Please the Nigeria Military is it citizens last hope of defense
Re: Defence Intelligence Agency Declares Retired Commodore Olawunmi Wanted by Yobabad: 2:47pm On Aug 28, 2021
That is why the zo.o can not progress cos people are forbidden from saying the truth
Re: Defence Intelligence Agency Declares Retired Commodore Olawunmi Wanted by Benbellamor: 2:53pm On Aug 28, 2021
What pain them most is the Friday jumat where every military facilities are exposed to the public thronging into premises without questions which allows their profiling of our military facilities
Unfortunately they can't take back the hard Truth already exposed.. Only damage control
Re: Defence Intelligence Agency Declares Retired Commodore Olawunmi Wanted by Rugaria: 2:57pm On Aug 28, 2021
This man called Buhari is now starting to ask Nigerians "what can you do"!?
This man has been killing people since 1966..
This man is wasting our years with his moro-nic leadership.
Enough is Enough!
And for our "sophisticated" brethrens:
May God reward you all for the evil you brought upon us..

1 Like

Re: Defence Intelligence Agency Declares Retired Commodore Olawunmi Wanted by jumper524(m): 3:30pm On Aug 28, 2021
Nukilia:

Stop defending the government! You must be a bandit from futajalon
your an animal for that.
Rubbish.
So I should swallow every Rubbish from a well known lie media house even when the content says otherwise.
Go and get sense.
Re: Defence Intelligence Agency Declares Retired Commodore Olawunmi Wanted by Guestlander: 3:34pm On Aug 28, 2021
Dictatorship is back.
Re: Defence Intelligence Agency Declares Retired Commodore Olawunmi Wanted by Telekinetic: 3:42pm On Aug 28, 2021
lalajnr:
The Defence Intelligence Agency has declared a former Nigerian Navy Commodore, Kunle Olawunmi, wanted for exposing in an interview how the President Muhammadu Buhari's administration refused to probe high profile politicians whom Boko Haram terrorists named as their sponsors.

SaharaReporters learnt that the DIA asked Olawunmi to come to its headquarters in Abuja on Tuesday with his international passport, which may be seized.

The Defence Intelligence Agency is the primary military intelligence agency of Nigeria.

“The agency has declared retired Navy Commodore Kunle Olawunmi wanted for spilling the beans over Boko Haram sponsors in the Buhari regime. They asked him to come with his international passport on Tuesday to the DIA office in Abuja,” a top source said.

SaharaReporters had last Wednesday reported that Olawunmi spoke when he featured on Channels Television’s ‘Sunrise Daily’ breakfast programme.

He had condemned Tuesday's attack by bloodthirsty bandits on the Kaduna campus of Nigeria’s foremost military university, the Nigerian Defence Academy, where two military officers were killed and another kidnapped.

The Professor of Global Security Studies had said, “It is an aberration; you don’t attack the Nigerian Defence Academy and get away with it. In 2017, I carried out an investigation by the Minister of Defence that wanted me to check what was going on with the training and the security there (NDA). I remember I spent about a week in the NDA with the commandant and the staff but something struck me: every Friday, the gate of NDA is thrown open and everybody has access to pray in the mosque.

“On Fridays, you are going to see the same thing happening across all military formations in the country. If you go to Defence Headquarters, I served at the Defence Headquarters as the Deputy Director, Defence Administration, between 2015 and 2017, throughout my two years at Defence Headquarters, I received visitors twice because of the strict security architecture there but every Friday, the gate of the Defence Headquarters is thrown wide open for everybody to come in and observe Juma’at.

“That is the time the terrorists have the time to profile our security environment. It has always been the case. I have served the military intelligence for the past 35 years. Our problem is religion and socio-cultural.”

Olawunmi had added that he was a member of the Intelligence Brief at the Defence Headquarters during the leadership of the then Chief of Defence Staff, Gen. Abayomi Olonisakin (retd.).

The intelligence expert said he told the then CDS that the centre of gravity of the Boko Haram insurgency ravaging the North-East and spreading to other parts of Nigeria was the sponsor.

“I told General Olonisakin then that the centre of this problem cannot be solved the same way we solved the problem of the Niger Delta. The Niger Delta problem was solved during (Ex-President Umaru) Yar’adua basically by me and I told them that we can’t use that same template for Boko Haram.

“I told General Olonisakin to look at the centre of gravity of the problem. I was made a member of the committee in 2016-2017 including former Chief of Army Staff, Lt.-Gen. Ibrahim Attahiru that died.

“I told them that the centre of gravity of Boko Haram in Nigeria is the sponsors of the programme. It was beyond us because the job we needed to do was kinetic but we cannot resolve the issues of sponsors of Boko Haram that were in Buhari’s government that we know them. That was why we couldn’t pursue that aspect that could have resolved the issue because we need to arrest people.

“Recently, 400 people were gathered as sponsors of Boko Haram, why is it that the Buhari government has refused to try them? Why can’t this government bring them to trial if not that they are partisan and part of the charade that is going on?

“Why should a government decide to cause this kind of embarrassment and insecurity to the sense of what happened yesterday (Tuesday at the NDA)?”

Olawunmi had also said that the Department of State Services had tremendous information on terrorists but they could not do anything except by the body language of the Commander-In-Chief.
https://www.google.com/url?q=http://saharareporters.com/2021/08/28/breaking-defence-intelligence-agency-declares-retired-commodore-olawunmi-wanted-over&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwik74eq5dPyAhUB3KQKHVXOBk8QlO8DMAZ6BAgDEAc&usg=AOvVaw092B3fJo7wgqWVMeZ02bJB
Lol... Do you really think someone like that man came online without being prepared for the outcome. That guy is like Special Forces, he’s prolly no longer in the country. He has so much dirt on this govt, he’ll prolly get away with blackmail. If the govt comes for him, one press of a button and the names of Boko Haram sponsors he didn’t tell us will be all over the internet or worse. In fact it’s in this f.ucked up govt best interest to leave him alone.
Re: Defence Intelligence Agency Declares Retired Commodore Olawunmi Wanted by Mynd44: 3:52pm On Aug 28, 2021

(1)

How People Club Of Nigeria Failed Ndigbo / Femi Fani Kayode's Inciting Tweet Of October 9, 2021 An Indication That Buhari.. / Police Lied, Zamfara Bandits Overpowered, Killed Security Operatives – NSCDC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.