Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,755 members, 7,831,441 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:43 PM

Did Jesus Show Mercy To Demons? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did Jesus Show Mercy To Demons? (371 Views)

The Earliest Images Of Jesus Show Him To Be A Black Man - Pics / Wonders: Prophet Onye Eze Jesus Show Off The Tithe Of Those Men He Delivered In / How To Answer The Question "Where Did Jesus Say, 'I Am God, Worship Me''? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Jesus Show Mercy To Demons? by Nobody: 6:48pm On Aug 28, 2021
English Standard Version
Mark 5:12
and they begged him, saying, “Send us to the pigs; let us enter them.”

With all that these demons have done, it appears that Jesus was merciful to these demons and agreed with their wish. What is going on here, did Jesus show mercy to these demons?
Re: Did Jesus Show Mercy To Demons? by olu77(m): 6:50pm On Aug 28, 2021
I think Jesus is full of Mercy, nobody can be like Him, he did not call down fire or anything like that but it's even deeper than we can imagine.

1 Like

Re: Did Jesus Show Mercy To Demons? by Nobody: 6:55pm On Aug 28, 2021
olu77:
I think Jesus is full of Mercy, nobody can be like Him, he did not call down fire or anything like that but it's even deeper than we can imagine.

This explains why Jesus has not come back to judge this world as He will find it too hard to throw people into hell fire once they beg Him for mercy as He is too merciful.
Re: Did Jesus Show Mercy To Demons? by Machinegun91(m): 8:03pm On Aug 28, 2021
Don't be surprised.... Jesus would even forgive those Fulani jihadist
Re: Did Jesus Show Mercy To Demons? by Nobody: 7:01pm On Aug 29, 2021
Re: Did Jesus Show Mercy To Demons? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Aug 30, 2021
Re: Did Jesus Show Mercy To Demons? by Nobody: 2:22pm On Sep 04, 2021
Machinegun91:
Don't be surprised.... Jesus would even forgive those Fulani jihadist

Jesus and forgiveness are like 5&6

Re: Did Jesus Show Mercy To Demons? by Kobojunkie: 2:51pm On Sep 04, 2021
ThePlainTruth:
English Standard Version
Mark 5:12
and they begged him, saying, “Send us to the pigs; let us enter them.”

With all that these demons have done, it appears that Jesus was merciful to these demons and agreed with their wish. What is going on here, did Jesus show mercy to these demons?
Do you somehow believe Jesus Christ came to "destroy" demons? undecided
Re: Did Jesus Show Mercy To Demons? by Kobojunkie: 2:54pm On Sep 04, 2021
ThePlainTruth:

This explains why Jesus has not come back to judge this world as He will find it too hard to throw people into hell fire once they beg Him for mercy as He is too merciful.
Interesting claim! His trip back is delayed because He is too merciful? undecided

I am not certain how that melds since when He returns, He is slated to punish even the same demons you suggest that He had mercy on, 2000 years ago, with eternal damnation. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Evangelical Lutheran Church Installs 1st Transgender Bishop. A "They" / It's So Easy To Mock Others. May We Not Know Problem / Will Science Ever Drop Theory Of Evolution For Creation Myths?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.