Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,627 members, 7,813,064 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:09 AM

The Earliest Images Of Jesus Show Him To Be A Black Man - Pics - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Earliest Images Of Jesus Show Him To Be A Black Man - Pics (7456 Views)

Wonders: Prophet Onye Eze Jesus Show Off The Tithe Of Those Men He Delivered In / Bishop Obinim Destroys Images Of Jesus Christ In His Church, Replaces With His / The Earliest British Man Had Black Skin And Blue Eyes, Anthropologists Find (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Earliest Images Of Jesus Show Him To Be A Black Man - Pics by Reflect7: 12:26am On Jun 24, 2022
All the oldest pictures and statues of Jesus depict Him as Black with Nappy hair, yet the world was presented with a white Jesus from the Roman Empire. Why?

''And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.''

1:15 King James Version (KJV)

Re: The Earliest Images Of Jesus Show Him To Be A Black Man - Pics by Jennyjay283: 12:32am On Jun 24, 2022
Smiless..
Re: The Earliest Images Of Jesus Show Him To Be A Black Man - Pics by Reflect7: 12:33am On Jun 24, 2022

Church in Southern France showing the 'black Madonna', Mary and Jesus

Re: The Earliest Images Of Jesus Show Him To Be A Black Man - Pics by blazingblender(m): 12:34am On Jun 24, 2022
Hmmmm
Maybe they lied to us
Cus if this where old drawings
It depicted meaning
Maybe he is somehow black no one knows
Re: The Earliest Images Of Jesus Show Him To Be A Black Man - Pics by Reflect7: 12:35am On Jun 24, 2022

Re: The Earliest Images Of Jesus Show Him To Be A Black Man - Pics by SmartPolician: 12:39am On Jun 24, 2022
The Bible contains series of events that happened in a part of the world. Considering that most of the events happened in today's Middle-East, let's stop fooling ourselves, Jesus Christ couldn't have come as a black man.

However, Jesus' race is not even important. The most important thing is living a Christ-like lifestyle and taking His Gospel across the ends of the earth. This is where our salvation lies.

27 Likes

Re: The Earliest Images Of Jesus Show Him To Be A Black Man - Pics by Reflect7: 12:39am On Jun 24, 2022
blazingblender:
Hmmmm
Maybe they lied to us
It depicted meaning

It's not about ''if''. Go on Google Images right now and search 'black madonna'. You will see hundreds of images from old churches across Europe showing their earliest depictions of Jesus, Mary and the Jews. It was of black negroid people. You can visit those churches today and view the images. So there is no ''if'' there.

Meanwhile the colonialists came here and sold you a white Swedish looking man to worship as your 'saviour'.

5 Likes

Re: The Earliest Images Of Jesus Show Him To Be A Black Man - Pics by godofuck231: 12:43am On Jun 24, 2022
blazingblender:
Hmmmm
Maybe they lied to us
It depicted meaning
they destroyed almost all relics of christ , depicted him as black, Christianity originated from Africa but Africans lost the information when the white man invaded and destroyed, killed or historians, anything to trace certain facts were eliminated, but history has its ways of revealing facts , this is why Italy and Britain tried by all means possible to attack Ethiopia and destroy these relics

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Earliest Images Of Jesus Show Him To Be A Black Man - Pics by Reflect7: 12:45am On Jun 24, 2022
SmartPolician:
The Bible contains series of events that happened in a part of the world. Considering that most of the events happened in today's Middle-East, let's stop fooling ourselves, Jesus Christ couldn't have come as a black man.

However, Jesus' race is not even important. The most important thing is living a Christ-like lifestyle and taking His Gospel across the ends of the earth. This is where our salvation lies.

You must be really thick-skulled to be looking at history staring you in the face, and still be talking the opposite like a brainwashed person..

So explain the black madonna images and numerous European church images depicting the ancient Hebrews and Jesus as blacks?

Are you aware that the place you call ''Middle East'', (a name coined by 18th century Europeans, as that part of the world was 'east' of Europe, and midway between Europe and Asia or the 'far east') was actually part of Africa ((or 'Ethiopia') as it was known)) in antiquity?

Go and learn history. 99% of you are totally ignorant of the past.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Earliest Images Of Jesus Show Him To Be A Black Man - Pics by SmartPolician: 12:48am On Jun 24, 2022
Reflect7:

You must be really thick skulled to be looking at history staring you in the face, and still be talking the opposite like a brainwashed person.

Are you aware that the place you call ''Middle East'', (a name coined by 18th century Europeans as that part of the world was 'east' of Europe, and midway between Europe and Asia or the 'far east') was part of Africa in antiquity?

Go and learn history. 99% of you are totally ignorant of the past.

Again, the form or colour Jesus came in doesn't matter. The most important thing is the second paragraph above. Don't let ITK (I Too Know) lead you to miss heaven - that's if you even believe it exists. I won't reply you again.

4 Likes

Re: The Earliest Images Of Jesus Show Him To Be A Black Man - Pics by Reflect7: 12:51am On Jun 24, 2022
SmartPolician:

Again, the form or colour Jesus came in doesn't matter. The most important thing is the second paragraph above. Don't let ITK (I Too Know) lead you to miss heaven - that's if you even believe it exists. I won't reply you again.

If the colour doesn't matter then why did your colonial rulers change his colour from black to white?

You can't see it was a psychological game being played on you to feel racially inferior and see the white man as your superior and your ''saviour''?

Olodo.

Oh sure the colour doesn't matter at all.

Mumu people!!!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Earliest Images Of Jesus Show Him To Be A Black Man - Pics by Reflect7: 12:58am On Jun 24, 2022
Re: The Earliest Images Of Jesus Show Him To Be A Black Man - Pics by Reflect7: 12:59am On Jun 24, 2022
Yahweh prophesied the trans atlantic slave trade, (''I will bring you to Egypt again with ships'') and how his chosen people, the blacks, would be treated in this world.

1 Like

Re: The Earliest Images Of Jesus Show Him To Be A Black Man - Pics by Reflect7: 1:11am On Jun 24, 2022

So history tells us that over 1 million black Israelites fled into Africa following the fall of Jerusalem to Rome in 70 AD, approximately 2,000 years ago.

That 1 million population would have ballooned to well over 700 million today, ie more than half of the current African population of 1.2 billion.

So it is fair to say that AT LEAST one in two Africans alive today is descended from the Israelites who fled Jerusalem after the invasion of Rome in 70 AD.

''ARE YOU NOT LIKE THE ETHIOPIANS TO ME, OH CHILDREN OF ISRAEL, SAYS THE LORD.''

- AMOS 9:7

5 Likes

Re: The Earliest Images Of Jesus Show Him To Be A Black Man - Pics by Reflect7: 1:32am On Jun 24, 2022
Olmec head, Mexico
Re: The Earliest Images Of Jesus Show Him To Be A Black Man - Pics by Reflect7: 1:39am On Jun 24, 2022

1 Like

Re: The Earliest Images Of Jesus Show Him To Be A Black Man - Pics by stonemasonn: 1:52am On Jun 24, 2022
Reflect7:
All the oldest pictures and statues of Jesus [b]depict Him as Black
Those who depicted him never saw him and never knew what he looked like either. They depicted him based on their beliefs, ego or just wishes.

1 Like

Re: The Earliest Images Of Jesus Show Him To Be A Black Man - Pics by Reflect7: 1:54am On Jun 24, 2022

Re: The Earliest Images Of Jesus Show Him To Be A Black Man - Pics by LadyD22(f): 2:01am On Jun 24, 2022
Reflect7:

So history tells us that over 1 million black Israelites fled into Africa following the fall of Jerusalem to Rome in 70 AD, approximately 2,000 years ago.

That 1 million population would have ballooned to well over 700 million today, ie more than half of the current African population of 1.2 billion.

So it is fair to say that AT LEAST one in two Africans alive today is descended from the Israelites who fled Jerusalem after the invasion of Rome in 70 AD.

''ARE YOU NOT LIKE THE ETHIOPIANS TO ME, OH CHILDREN OF ISRAEL, SAYS THE LORD.''

- AMOS 9:7

I am interested in learning more

1 Like

Re: The Earliest Images Of Jesus Show Him To Be A Black Man - Pics by Reflect7: 2:05am On Jun 24, 2022
stonemasonn:
Those who depicted him never saw him and never knew what he looked like either. They depicted him based on their beliefs, ego or just wishes.

Wrong. They depicted him based on the fact that they knew the 'middle east' was a black territory in antiquity, and that the ancient Israelites were depicted as blacks in the archeological ruins of the Israel region which they were all privy to:

ANCIENT RUINS SHOWING THE ISRAELITES AS BLACK FOLK.

1 Like

Re: The Earliest Images Of Jesus Show Him To Be A Black Man - Pics by Reflect7: 2:09am On Jun 24, 2022
Jewish captives of the Assyrians. Note their classic West African 'nappy hair':

Dreadlocked Jews. Note negroid features. circa 3000 BC

2 Likes

Re: The Earliest Images Of Jesus Show Him To Be A Black Man - Pics by Reflect7: 2:14am On Jun 24, 2022
LadyD22:

I am interested in learning more

Here's a pretty good forum on African history:

https://historum.com/history-forums/african-history/

1 Like

Re: The Earliest Images Of Jesus Show Him To Be A Black Man - Pics by stonemasonn: 2:16am On Jun 24, 2022
Reflect7:

Wrong. They depicted him based on the fact that they knew the 'middle east' was a black territory in antiquity
They weren't black 2000 years ago. Many of them migrated to Europe after the fall of Jerusalem and they were not black.
Re: The Earliest Images Of Jesus Show Him To Be A Black Man - Pics by Reflect7: 2:17am On Jun 24, 2022
Early church depiction of Holy Mary and Child...
In the Roman catacombs Jesus, Mary and the Apostles are depicted as African people.
Description from egyptsearch.com.

1 Like

Re: The Earliest Images Of Jesus Show Him To Be A Black Man - Pics by chukwuibuipob: 2:25am On Jun 24, 2022
sad conFUSED pipu.He bleached abi?
Re: The Earliest Images Of Jesus Show Him To Be A Black Man - Pics by LadyD22(f): 2:26am On Jun 24, 2022
Reflect7:

Here's a pretty good forum on African history:

https://historum.com/history-forums/african-history/

Thanks

1 Like

Re: The Earliest Images Of Jesus Show Him To Be A Black Man - Pics by Deborah98(f): 2:28am On Jun 24, 2022
I love reading things like this, history, religion, politics and culture of people and Nations. Thanks for the information.

5 Likes

Re: The Earliest Images Of Jesus Show Him To Be A Black Man - Pics by cherishmichael: 2:30am On Jun 24, 2022
stonemasonn:
You've just said exactly what i was about to say....
And this is the fact I don't look at any of the pics they put, just read my Bible and pounder over it.... Besides many pictures show the Jesus holding cross, he never did that how will he even be holding what they claimed to be his death weapon??.... Not making any sense!!

5 Likes

Re: The Earliest Images Of Jesus Show Him To Be A Black Man - Pics by Reflect7: 2:31am On Jun 24, 2022
stonemasonn:
They weren't black 2000 years ago. Many of them migrated to Europe after the fall of Jerusalem and they were not black.

Dude, even in the bible the ancient Israelites described themselves as blacks!

''Our skin is black like an oven...'' Lamentations 5:10

“I am black and beautiful, You daughters of Jerusalem, Like the tents of Kedar, Like the curtains of Solomon.'' - Song of Solomon 1:5

Yahweh himself said the Israelites were ''just like the Ethiopians'' to him in AMOS 9:7

And then He says this:

“From beyond the rivers of Ethiopia [ie beyond the River Nile into West and Central Africa], my worshippers, MY DISPERSED ONES shall bring my offering” (Zephania 3:10).

Are you aware that the "Middle East," was physically connected to Africa until 1859 when the Suez Canal was completed? Europeans actually called it Northeast Africa till some British idiot coined the term 'middle east' in the 19th century.

8 Likes

Re: The Earliest Images Of Jesus Show Him To Be A Black Man - Pics by Devilagentcap: 2:32am On Jun 24, 2022
LadyD22:

Thanks

Ok
Re: The Earliest Images Of Jesus Show Him To Be A Black Man - Pics by Reflect7: 2:38am On Jun 24, 2022
Deborah98:
I love reading things like this, history, religion, politics and culture of people and Nations. Thanks for the information.

You're welcome! wink
Re: The Earliest Images Of Jesus Show Him To Be A Black Man - Pics by Reflect7: 2:51am On Jun 24, 2022
In antiquity, blacks were highly respected across Europe and beyond, and held important offices from kings to soldiers, artisans, doctors, scientists, priests, and teachers.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

50,000 Errors In The Bible / Can A Lie Be Justified Under Any Circumstance? / What Type Of girls will You Approve Your Sons To Marry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.